PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have XM Radio

Amsoil_Dealer
12-25-2004, 09:03 AM
My wife bought me an XM kit for Christmas. :woohoo:

I am looking for ideas as to how to mount the tuner. Any Photos?

Don

klmore
12-25-2004, 09:30 AM

Don
I have one, but it is still sitting in my office. I can't figure out a good spot for it in the MM. I've been using it in the boom box.:confused:

Donny Carlson
12-25-2004, 09:56 AM

Don
Is it an XM Commander, or a Roadie? What kind of tuner?

FiveO
12-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Mines built into the Alpine head unit.

Buy a VSM or Vehicle Specific Mount from www.pro-fit-intl.com and mount it.

Silver_04
12-25-2004, 01:23 PM
I have the SkyFi but just used the cassette deck adapter. BTW, I just left the antenna on the dash and didn't have much trouble with reception.

Mike Poore
12-26-2004, 08:12 AM
:santaw: Don, put the receiver in the trunk, so the coax run for the antenna's short and sweet, since you have lots of spare space back there anyway. Pull the rear seat cushion and fish the control wire through, then take up the door sill plates on the passenger side and take it up along the kick panel and under the glove box, then work from there about where to place the controller. There was a thread with pictures showing some of the mounts for the controller; and to me, the one Brutus is using seems as good as any. The sat radio receivers are great, and you're gonna love it. :twocents:

MaLo03
03-05-2005, 10:33 PM
I had Audio Excellence in Orlando fabricate a custom piece to put where the cup holders are since I don't drink in the car. I'll try to take a pic and send you.