PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Chrome Polish?

Rider90
12-27-2004, 06:54 AM
Just looking to see what everyone uses around here, what do you use often and consider the best?

Racerx88
12-27-2004, 07:43 AM
"Never Dull" is the best, hands down.

CRUZTAKER
12-27-2004, 08:02 AM
Neverdull wadding pads. :up:

Turtle wax also makes a descent 'chrome only' liquid wax.

I hope this thread isn't to help decide what is best on the wheels, as the wheels are clearcoated and polished...I DO NOT use 'Neverdull' on the wheels, only the megs tips after all debris has been removed.

martyo
12-27-2004, 08:19 AM
Hopefully Todd will pipe in here soon. He has a lot of experience polishing his knob.

Rider90
12-27-2004, 08:29 AM
I hope this thread isn't to help decide what is best on the wheels
so what is best on these wheels?

Patrick
12-27-2004, 08:32 AM
Hopefully Todd will pipe in here soon. He has a lot of experience polishing his knob.

Couldnt resist could you?
:lol:

423REED
12-27-2004, 09:29 AM
Just looking to see what everyone uses around here, what do you use often and consider the best?
RIDER90,
The best chrome cleaner/polish I've ever used is, "Semi-Chrome" and "Flitz". Both work almost identically and are made in Germany. They have been used for many years for classic and antique cars. They clean your chrome (after you've washed your car, of course), and then polish it, leaving the most incredibly brilliant shine you've ever seen. They also leave a good protective coating that lasts for awhile, much like waxing your body paint. They will not harm the finish on the surface. But, you should never, ever use regular paint wax on these metal tips. It'll yellow them over time from the heat of the exhaust system.

Also, do not polish your wheels with a metal polish. They are a forged aluminum wheel from ALCOA aluminum. They look like they could have been chrome plated at the factory, but they are actually polished by ALCOA aluminum using a special process and then clear coated. Use whatever brand of paint wax/sealant on these wheels. After all, they are clear coat painted just like the body, and as such they need to be waxed regularly. They come into contact with more corrodents then the body does. Also watch out for commercial car washes, as these wheels will get micro scratches very easily from the wheel brushes that most automatic car washes use.
______________________________ ________
2004 MARAUDER 300A - DTR (BORN: 04/19/04
1994 TAURUS SHO - DK GREEN

teamrope
12-27-2004, 09:39 AM
Hopefully Todd will pipe in here soon. He has a lot of experience polishing his knob.Damd it Marty! You made me laugh hard enough that coffee went up my nose! (and all over my moniter, desk and keyboard.):laugh:

As for chrome polish, I use Blue magic, but Bruteforce posted a thread about some stuff he found in a biker mag that I have been thinking of trying.

Joe Walsh
12-27-2004, 09:51 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Todd has a chrome knob?? ;)

RF Overlord
12-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Todd has a chrome knob?? ;)

Marty, I thought YOU were the only one with a chrome bezel around your knob...?

CRUZTAKER
12-27-2004, 10:17 AM
...... Use whatever brand of paint wax/sealant on these wheels.
Agreed....even though I have since powdercoated, I use Meguires Gold class on my wheels.

DEFYANT
12-27-2004, 10:55 AM
I use regular wax on the rims. NO BRAKE DUST CHEMICALS AR NEEDED!!!! Wash with simple soap and water with a seperate rag for the wheels only. Never use the wheel rag on the body as there are little flakes of metal in the break dust that will scratch the painted surfaces.

All this chat is making me want to go wash the rides!

Rider90
12-27-2004, 11:21 AM

Me too! If it wasn't 15 (F) and I wasn't at work...I'd be at home polishing til sunset, then the cruise. Can't wait til' spring :coolman:

ncmm
12-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Years ago I used "Neverdull wading" and "Semi-Chrome", lately I use "Maas"

http://www.maasinc.com/products_metalpolish.html

I've got the 1.15lb container, it's great!

the_pack_rat
12-27-2004, 04:02 PM

================

If anyone should have similar thoughts about knob polishing ...

Keep them to yourself please.

There's some visuals we can do without.

Eric

jgc61sr2002
12-27-2004, 06:01 PM
IMO semi-chrome is the best. Use only wax on your Marauider wheels as they are clearcoated as stated above.