PDA

View Full Version : California's Budget crisis

RCSignals
02-05-2003, 09:22 PM
California has a budget deficit larger than the whole budget of some States.

http://news.california.gov

In an unprecedented move Governor Davis has announced some organizational changes which will save the State millions of dollars.

State agencies will be reviewed to effectiveness an efficiency. Some may be closed altogether, others will be combined where duplication of services currently exist.

The first State agencies to be amalgamated will the be the California Department of Fish and wildlife, and the California highway Patrol. The new agency will be titled California Bureau of Fish and CHiPs.

smith5365
02-05-2003, 10:10 PM
Yep, and the state legislature wants to triple the auto license fees. Gov. Davis says he'll veto it. This is probably only the openning round of negotiations. My guess is they'll agree at something between 1.75 to 2.25 times as the increase.

O's Fan Rich
02-06-2003, 07:21 AM
All of the local and state gov's are having major revenue problems. When all you do is take from producers to give to the lazy (equalizing of the wealth, redistribution as the communists referred to it) you cannot help but go broke. Don't even get me started on how the manage their money. If a real business did things their way, we'd be in prison or on the streets selling pencils,, but, then they'd take all our nickels anyway.
Social Security, the biggest ponzi scheme in history!!! Criminal batsards!

JamesHecker
02-06-2003, 08:48 AM
You shouldn't be so shy Rich. Were all friends here, tell us how you really feel! :D

O's Fan Rich
02-06-2003, 02:27 PM
This kind of topic can really set me off. Too much talk radio maybe. Nah!:burnout:

prchrman
02-06-2003, 02:51 PM
Could it be "'"Rush""' hour?

Accufab Racing
02-06-2003, 05:28 PM
I have heard that in the last 5 years, the state population increased 22% and the state revenue increased 28% but the state spending increased 35%. It doesn't take much of a genius to figure out what's going to happen next. More taxes maybe?

SergntMac
02-07-2003, 07:24 AM
I'm wondering if I'm the only one who laughed at the "Dept. of Fish and CHIPS" remark...maybe it's not a joke.

jefferson-mo
02-07-2003, 08:38 AM
Well I thought it was pretty funny, 'cause I live here:lol:

unfortunately it brings back painful memories of ' Ponch & John':eek:

:rasta: