PDA

View Full Version : Car Care

WJSOLOMON
07-01-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Logan:"Well, with respect to paint care, that's an easy one....Zaino!"

Logan - Great Site! Thank you for setting up all of this for those of us who are not bashful about our "Passionate Pursuit Of Percection" in Automobiles!

I'm Very Sold on Zaino (1-7) for my Onyx Black '02 Lexus SC 430, in that it just goes the extra mile to give this Premium Japanese Black Paint such an Enhanced, Deeper, 'Wet Look'! But while surfing through the various experiences on Premium Car Finish Enhancers at the "AUTOPIA" Web Site, I convinced myself to start with DAWN Liquid Detergent, then apply multiple layers of PINNACLE / CRYSTAL SPRAY / KLASSE PAINT CLEANER / SPRTZER / KLASSE SEALANT GLAZE / SPRITZER / LIQUID PINNACLE SOUVERON / CRYSTAL SRAY / PINNACLE SOUVERON PASTE WAX / CYRSTAL GLOSS ENHANCER on the New Marauder. (I plan on taking like, a WEEK or Two off!.)

Question: How far can we Owners go with the Performance Upgrades (eg. 120 ++ MPH-Rated Drive Shafts, Superchargers, Engine & Transmission Computor Chip Enhancements, etc.) before we start risking loss our New Car Warranties?

Following Delivery next week, I plan on replacing the Engine, Tranmission, & Rear Axle OEM Lubricants at 1,000 Miles, with FOMOCO's own Premium Upgrades Synthetics, and Sevice every 5,000 Miles / 3 Months at my Selling / Servicing Dealer.

Suggestions on where all to go for these kind of "Manufacturer-Approved Performance Enhancers"?

:) :cool:

Logan
07-02-2002, 10:09 AM
My daily driver is a 02 SVT Lightning, (My second lightning now), and have been there, done that as far as performance enhancers go.

You'd be surprised how far you can go before the service department gives you any grief.

Essentially, anything you modify is game for exclusion from your warranty provided the modification is at fault for the damage.

You can change gears, exhaust, chip your computer (more on this in a sec), install a shift kit, bigger brakes, throttle bodies, maf, open element filter, etc etc etc...

On chipping your computer, it's important to note that while dealerships don't mind chips, half of them sell them, if you throw a rod, don't expect your dealership to honor the warranty if it's chipped. That one's right on the line, I've seen some honor an engine replacement on a chipped motor and some that've been refused.

A supercharger in almost all cases will immediately nullify your drivetrain warranty.

WJSOLOMON
07-02-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Logan: "A supercharger in 'almost all cases', will immediately nullify your drivetrain warranty."

But, am I to understand that the next "Rabbit" out of the "Hat" from Mercury, will be a Supercharged 4.6 V8, similiar to the Mustang SVT?

I guess it would be prudent to just wait patiently until you can purchase the Marauder with these OEM Performance "Enhancements" directly from the Dealer, and argue any future potential Warranty Claims on the basis of "Responsible and Appropriate Owner Operation", and Consistant Manufacturer-Suggested Service / Maintenance Schedules.

What do you think?

"Frustrated In Fishers!"

:eek: :confused: :mad: ;) :cool:

Logan
07-03-2002, 06:48 AM
I'm waiting to hear what awaits the marauder next year, I expect they'll replace the motor or increase it's power somehow. The problem is that they don't want to get hit with gas guzzler on it...

As for modifications, I'd stick to the standard bolt-ons soon to be showing up all over the place. Bolt-ons can always be removed prior to warranty service...

WJSOLOMON
07-03-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Logan: "I'm waiting to hear what awaits the marauder next year, I expect they'll replace the motor or increase it's power somehow. The problem is that they don't want to get hit with gas guzzler on it...As for modifications, I'd stick to the standard bolt-ons soon to be showing up all over the place. Bolt-ons can always be removed prior to warranty service."

Logan - What you suggest makes good sense!

I'm planning on turning right around next week, and sliding my $1,500.00 Security Deposit on a Replacement Marauder, as soon as the Four OEM Options that I want are available: Traction-Control (for Northern Indiana Winters), Heated Seats, Moon Roof, & the Lighter Leather Seat Panels (Slate ?) Interior. I'm hopeful that this will be available either early or mid-December, so that I can drive it South for the Holidays.

By the First Quarter of '03, I'm also hopeful that Ford / Mercury will have their Promised "Performance Upgrade Catalog" available, to pick and choose from.

I'll start out with Full Synthetic Lubricant Upgrades for the Engine, Transmission, and Rear Axle, at the First 1,000 Mile Service, then look to add on the Engine / Transmission Computor Upgrades, replace the OEM Drive Shaft to one that is Manufactured and Approved by FOMOCO
by Dennis Rinehart out of Orange Park, Florida, to permit Speeds in excess of 120 mph, and install the Mustang 4.6 SVT Supercharger.

Since this will be an "Every Day Business Car", I'm after Performance Enhancements for Travel on the Open Road and passing Mom & Pop in their Crown Vics / Marquis, as well as poorly maintained older Model Cars and Trucks that have never passed Inspection, and tend to travel in "Packs", chatting with the other "Blue-Hairs" inside, talking on their Hand-Held Cell Phones, putting on their Make Up (no offense Marsha), or otherwise listening to Russ Lymbaugh and completely unaware of what's going on around them, One Car Length Away! These "Zeros" are my Biggest Pet Peeve, driving at just at or slightly Below the Posted Speed Limit!

Maybe when the see this Intimidating All-Black 'Rauder zip up in back of them out of nowhere, with #45 Dark Tint on the Windows, Twin Black Spot Lights on the WS Pillers, Twin Antennas on the Rear Window, Large Phantom Phaser/ Scramblers on Front & Rear Windows, with a Back-Up Valentine-One underneath the Front-Mounted Phantom, and a Dash Mounted Compass / Inside-Outside Thermometer...............they 'll have a tendency to move out of the Passing Lane, or at least pick up their Speed to within TEN Miles of the Posted Speed Limit!

As I quickly accererate past them at Speeds approaching 3-Didgets, and Flash them a "Thank-You" Tap on the Emergency Flashers, the last thing that they'll remember, is that "Loud Popping Sound", as the entire Front Grill is sucked off of their Vehicle created from the Vacume of my High-Speed, and I quickly become a small dot on the Horizon. Perhaps, some will even seem to recall seeing the Personalized Plate that read: "COULD BE".............................. .........

:eek: :confused: :D ;) :cool: