PDA

View Full Version : Track times for Trilogy blower cars?

Phil @ FLP
12-30-2004, 04:35 PM
What are the average track times for cars running just the Trilogy kit or close to stock with the Trilogy kit?

Deebar
12-30-2004, 04:39 PM
I'd say very high 12's to low 13's depending on temperature and traction.

Smokie
12-30-2004, 04:45 PM
Very few Trilogy & Stock MM combo, I believe Tallboy is the only Trilogy in pure stock MM.-- 13.1 I think.

MikesMerc
12-30-2004, 04:57 PM
When I ran the Trilogy kit on my bone stock MM, I hit consistent 13.2s. There was likely a high 12 in there, but traction was really rough with just the stock tires and little "seat time" with the blower.

Slapping on nothing but widened rear rims and Nitto drag radials produced consistent 12.8 -12.9s.

Addition of 4.10 gears and a slightly smaller 3.2" blower pulley took me to 12.4s.

A Pro-M mass air meter, and Kooks headers, took me to 12.1s.

Tallboy
12-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Very few Trilogy & Stock MM combos, I believe Tallboy is the only Trilogy in pure stock MM. -- 13.1 I think.My friend is correct. My car runs consistent 13.1 1/4 mile times. My car has the Trilogy kit and nothing else. I'm not much of a drag racer, that's why you'll rarely see me talk about it. The reason I posted my slip is so others can see what to expect. Now, excuse me for a minute...

:soap:

This was done with over half a tank of Amoco Ultimate in the car.
The full size spare and trunk organizer [full of crap] in the car.
35 lbs. of air in the stock oem tires.
I did not remove my headlamp.
I did not "flip a chip" [obviously].
The tires were spun off the line each time.

The best this car ran in stock trim was 15.3 seconds. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. There is a difference between how fast your car can be and how fast your car is. [I think this is the point Billy was trying to make in another thread.]

If you're willing to make a few concessions/changes at your local track [as many do, and I have nothing against these guys], my guess is you could easily be in the 12s. Sorry for the long-winded rant, but I want folks to have as much info as they can.

BillyGman
12-30-2004, 09:09 PM
Sounds to me that all the info in this thread has been dead on accurate. I have to agree with everything said so far.......:banana2:

gpfarrell
12-31-2004, 10:24 AM
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. There is a difference between how fast your car can be and how fast your car is. [I think this is the point Billy was trying to make in another thread.]

If you're willing to make a few concessions/changes at your local track [as many do, and I have nothing against these guys], my guess is you could easily be in the 12s.

WELL PUT!!!

My 5.0 5-speed is a car that I think "can be" faster... but without lots of seat time & fiddling, those last few tenths can really be humbling to find... spin the tires a hair too much and any "12 second" car goes up in smoke.

Thanks for such a non-BS post... that's what makes this site such a great place to hang out.

(Btw, I think my Mustang is fast, and it don't run nowhere near 13.1!!!)

FiveO
12-31-2004, 10:29 AM
Low 13's is where a stock Trilogy setup should be...just as stated.

Few tweaks and 12's on a regular basis are inevitable.