PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Marauder Siting

james_hart6
02-06-2003, 11:07 AM
I got my MM in August and just today saw another on the road (I thought I saw one in September, but it turned out to be a black GM).

It must be the twin of my car, the dealer plate cover on the back was from the dealer I got mine at.

Anyone here parked outside of Brady's Pub in Southfield Michigan on 2/6/03?

Jim

SergntMac
02-06-2003, 03:22 PM
shhh! I was..."working," wink, wink...

LincMercLover
02-06-2003, 03:42 PM
The Big Windy in MI... yah... REAL slick. ;)

Brother Mike
02-06-2003, 07:57 PM
James,

I have a Blue MM but that was not I parked at Brady's. Did see a Blue MM tonight on I-96 westbound at 7:30 (2/6/03) with a plate that read B26BMBR...any idea who that was? I know of only ONE other Blue MM in the area....

james_hart6
02-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Brother Mike
James,

I have a Blue MM but that was not I parked at Brady's. Did see a Blue MM tonight on I-96 westbound at 7:30 (2/6/03) with a plate that read B26BMBR...any idea who that was? I know of only ONE other Blue MM in the area....

Mike,

Nope, I've not seen a blue one yet.

I saw the black one again today, but I was in my Sneeze and couldn't catch him in traffic.

I did get close enough to see that there was a "Police Interceptor" badge on the trunk deck!

Now, if ya wanna meet a Brady's...:)

Jim

SergntMac
02-07-2003, 04:09 PM
An MM with a PI badge? You sure it's an MM?

If so, that should narrow things down. I've seen this once myself, the sample photo at BobWhiteDecals.com.

TAF
02-07-2003, 06:55 PM
That would be our good friend Mr. RF Overlord and his "BlackFalcon" that you have seen on BobWhitedecals.com...

james_hart6
02-08-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
An MM with a PI badge? You sure it's an MM?

If so, that should narrow things down. I've seen this once myself, the sample photo at BobWhiteDecals.com.

Yep, it was a Marauder. No decals inserted into the rear bumper, just a "Police Interceptor" badge on the left rear trunk edge. There's also what appears to be a cellphone antenna on the rear package shelf.

Gotta be around the Southfield Michigan area - or else I saw two different cars on succeeding days, which is somewhat unlikely - given that it's a Marauder.

The "Police Interceptor" badge looked O.K. on the car, but I've gotta admit I don't quite see the point. No Michigan LEO's are running Marauders AFAIK; car had civilian plates - I couldn't get close enough to view the driver.

I gotta get some cards made up with this web address on 'em just for such an occaision ;) . Coulda put one (gently, carefully) under a wiper blade when I saw it parked at Brady's Pub.

Jim

RF Overlord
02-08-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by toddalanfisher
That would be our good friend Mr. RF Overlord and his "BlackFalcon" that you have seen on BobWhitedecals.com...

I am sorry to disappoint you but that is NOT a "Police Interceptor" badge...

It's a "Type-R" badge...

TAF
02-08-2003, 10:37 AM
I still think it looks sweet with those stripes. I'd be tempted to do that...ruby red, of course to match MY BobWhites.

RF Overlord
02-08-2003, 11:16 AM
You're just jealous that YOUR car isn't prominently featured on the web-site of a nationally respected vendor...one that may influence the bumper insert purchases of millions of Marauder owners...

er...um...wait...what was my point, again?

TAF
02-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Yeah...but I LOVE my badges...and it's 50 degrees here today...and...what else is it that gets under your skin???

RF Overlord
02-08-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by toddalanfisher
Yeah...but I LOVE my badges...and it's 50 degrees here today...and...what else is it that gets under your skin???

You are truly a bastage...

Hack Goby
02-09-2003, 08:53 AM
That PI Marauder might have been Santino he has one on his but he is on the East side(see photo gallery)

james_hart6
02-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Hack Goby
That PI Marauder might have been Santino he has one on his but he is on the East side(see photo gallery)

Might coulda been; the one I spotted had a Bob Borst L/M license plate surround on it...

Gee, y'know, when I drove my red Jeep Cherokee Sport I never had a problem finding another Cherokee on the road :) .... the problem was tryin' to figure out which one was mine in the parking lot ;) .

Jim