PDA

View Full Version : Naake Suspension Review

sailsmen
01-02-2005, 05:40 AM
Who has them and what is their review?

How does it affect the ride, handling, trackability?

Keep in mind I have a daily driver and will maintain the stock ride hite due to flooding and sink holes. :mad:

I drove a friends car that had the control arms and panhard replaced, the car was very twitchy. I did not care for it, it tracked poorly on the Interstate. When he asked me my opinion I told him and he said he felt the same way. :depress:

He was going to remove the aftermarket panhard and go back to OEM. He said the car drove well with the just new control arms. :D

martyo
01-02-2005, 06:33 AM
Go run up to the ATL. Drive TAF's car and see what you think. Personally, I think you will love it.

FordNut
01-02-2005, 07:21 AM
I drove a friends car that had the control arms and panhard replaced, the car was very twitchy. I did not care for it, it tracked poorly on the Interstate. When he asked me my opinion I told him and he said he felt the same way.
Does he have the bigger sway bars front and rear? Mine was very twitchy until I added the front sway bar. I still have the stock springs/shocks but all the other suspension mods are done.

sailsmen
01-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Stock front and ADDCO rear.

SergntMac
01-02-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm not knocking anything, just looking to figure this stuff out?

The improved MM shocks and springs (front, or, rear) are QA1 products, right?

And, "Naake" is the vendor, our access?

I'm asking because I'm having the same problem with other stuff here...Folks calling air induction systems "intake," when our intake is a completely different part, and area of the MM engine.

BTW...Are the fronts "struts," or not?

Help?

Krytin
01-02-2005, 03:59 PM
BTW...Are the fronts "struts," or not?

Help?

I've been cooking some brain cells on this as well (something I can ill afford).
Even the factory literature refers to them as shocks, but every way I look at it - and the people on this site have posted plenty of info/pictures - the fronts are struts or strut assemblies! I'm open for clarification on this if someone can come up with the 411!

FordNut
01-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Stock front and ADDCO rear.
Exactly the setup I had. Upgrade the front sway bar and it'll be all better.

FordNut
01-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I've been cooking some brain cells on this as well (something I can ill afford).
Even the factory literature refers to them as shocks, but every way I look at it - and the people on this site have posted plenty of info/pictures - the fronts are struts or strut assemblies! I'm open for clarification on this if someone can come up with the 411!
The fronts are shocks but they are assemblies, coilovers.

Generally speaking, struts consist of a combined upper ball joint and shock absorber. Sometimes the spring is also combined with the strut, sometimes not. The MM has separate ball joints in the upper & lower control arms, with the shock/spring assembly connecting the control arm to the crossmember.

TAF
01-02-2005, 05:07 PM
The front coilovers which were developed specifically for the Marauder (custom spring and 12-way adjustable front shocks) will give you the best ride you could ever imagine (even better than stock with the bumps) while still allowing you to lower the car. Ask anyone who's driven mine. Or like suggested...come on up and I'll throw you the keys (just needs to be in another week or so, as Mini-Me is "out-of-service" right now)

sailsmen
01-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Naake's website call s it a "tuner suspension kit", the website is not properly responding so I have no idea who the mfg is/are for the kit.

TAF
01-02-2005, 05:57 PM
sailsmen...check your PMs. :up:

Krytin
01-03-2005, 06:15 AM
The fronts are shocks but they are assemblies, coilovers.

Generally speaking, struts consist of a combined upper ball joint and shock absorber. Sometimes the spring is also combined with the strut, sometimes not. The MM has separate ball joints in the upper & lower control arms, with the shock/spring assembly connecting the control arm to the crossmember.
Thanks, I needed that! Never too old to learn!

SergntMac
01-03-2005, 06:54 AM
Okay...I got my answer. Parts are QA1 products and the vendor is www.Naake.com (http://www.Naake.com). Thanks for your help, gents.

BK_GrandMarquis
01-03-2005, 08:28 AM
Okay...I got my answer. Parts are QA1 products and the vendor is www.Naake.com (http://www.naake.com/). Thanks for your help, gents.
Yeah, I was confused when I was ordering them for my car.

Paul T. Casey
01-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Back to the original question of this thread. AWESOME Like Marty and Todd said, drive Todd's car if you get a chance. The ride is great, car tracks true, and it feels glued in a turn. Definately looks like the way to go, IMHO, for a suspension mod. Head and shoulders above the "other" lowering spring setup. Bring your significant other for a ride, mine loved it and gave the go-ahead for this mod.

Paul T. Casey
01-03-2005, 09:23 AM
I should add that "rideability" is very important to me. I go 35 to 40 K a year, so ride comfort is big in my book. This setup isn't harsh, almost stock on the lower back and various internal organs. I think I could still sit for a full fuel tank worth of driving with it. All the other lowered MM's seemed any where from moderately to severely harsh to me, which is why I haven't done the lowering yet. I think I'm going to do this one though.