PDA

View Full Version : ZEX group buy interest?

CRUZTAKER
01-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Well I have made it quite clear that this is the route I will indeed be taking. After seeing/reading about Lidio, Carfixer, Bootlegger, and several other member's success' safely using Nitrous, I am sold.

The kit that seems to be the standard for us is a WET system with hoses in 18' length to span our massive cars and has user selectable settings of 75-100-125 nitrous shots. Likely many of of will only use the 75, but one never knows....

The retail on the kit directly from the manufacturer is $663, but if an individual phone order is placed, they will lower that price to $585.

Wes' (Inovative Interceptors) thoughts were that we might be able to work out a group buy through one of HIS vendors.

I figure, WTF...let's see how many folks on the board are interested in such a deal and post a poll. There's no hurry for me, I will order mine in the spring and thereafter run up to Lidios for a custom install/tune.

So what do you think?

DEFYANT
01-03-2005, 09:36 AM
If the price is right, I am interested. Good idea.

GodOSpeed
01-03-2005, 10:16 AM
I would also be interested in this too. But since even my "local" SVT dealer is 900 miles away if I have to tune it for this it is about out of the question. Could I get away with running my DR chip on 91 and running 93 in it? (If detonaiton is the problem.)

CRUZTAKER
01-03-2005, 10:49 AM
I would also be interested in this too. But since even my "local" SVT dealer is 900 miles away if I have to tune it for this it is about out of the question. Could I get away with running my DR chip on 91 and running 93 in it? (If detonaiton is the problem.)
These details will be clearly mapped out in the future. We have several good tuners on the site here that will clear up ALL the issues....cause I wanna know too!!!:P

duhtroll
01-03-2005, 11:11 AM
I am perhaps interested. Great idea Barry. More important than price is WHEN this will happen. I blew my Xmas cash on my baby girl, so I'm a couple months out from something like this. Also sprung for this fancy new computer I'm typing on (what, can't you tell?!?!)

The question for me is can I remove it from the car without leaving any traces for my dealer to point at and go "you modded your car again, so that oil change will be $311.85"

(My mods have been an excuse for me to get rogered on prices, even though it has been proven by the same mechanic that they have done nothing adverse to the car. So I'm not whining about making the dealer pay for my mods, but I am trying to keep things fair.)

Yes, I am finding a different mechanic.

-A

carfixer
01-03-2005, 11:37 AM
...The question for me is can I remove it from the car without leaving any traces for my dealer to point at and go "you modded your car again, so that oil change will be $311.85"...

-A
Yes, the kit can be removed without a trace. I took out the "J" silencer in my air intake tube, replaced it with a 2" pcv pipe cap, drilled a hole in it to install the nozzle. That is easily reversible. The lines, hoses and fittings are also easily removeable. Wiring is minimal so that is easily hidden or removed. If you don't want to remove the bottle brackets on service visits, lock the trunk and only provide the valet key (bring it in with the suspension already off).

CRUZTAKER
01-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Yes, the kit can be removed without a trace. I took out the "J" silencer in my air intake tube, replaced it with a 2" pcv pipe cap, drilled a hole in it to install the nozzle
Mmmm, great idea Claude....

valkyrie
01-03-2005, 01:05 PM
I am perhaps interested. Great idea Barry. More important than price is WHEN this will happen. I blew my Xmas cash on my baby girl, so I'm a couple months out from something like this. Also sprung for this fancy new computer I'm typing on (what, can't you tell?!?!)

The question for me is can I remove it from the car without leaving any traces for my dealer to point at and go "you modded your car again, so that oil change will be $311.85"

(My mods have been an excuse for me to get rogered on prices, even though it has been proven by the same mechanic that they have done nothing adverse to the car. So I'm not whining about making the dealer pay for my mods, but I am trying to keep things fair.)

Yes, I am finding a different mechanic.

-A

Barry,
I would be interested possibly in the Spring. I also have had a hole in my pocket for the Holidays. Seemed that I lost all my cash.

Bootlegger
01-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Well I have made it quite clear that this is the route I will indeed be taking. After seeing/reading about Lidio, Carfixer, Bootlegger, and several other member's success' safely using Nitrous, I am sold.

The kit that seems to be the standard for us is a WET system with hoses in 18' length to span our massive cars and has user selectable settings of 75-100-125 nitrous shots. Likely many of of will only use the 75, but one never knows....

The retail on the kit directly from the manufacturer is $663, but if an individual phone order is placed, they will lower that price to $585.

Wes' (Inovative Interceptors) thoughts were that we might be able to work out a group buy through one of HIS vendors.

I figure, WTF...let's see how many folks on the board are interested in such a deal and post a poll. There's no hurry for me, I will order mine in the spring and thereafter run up to Lidios for a custom install/tune.

So what do you think?Barry, I like that -One Never Knows -comment in your thread, Carfixer, and I, said the same thing, now we are running the 125hp shot, and i have the 150hp jets in the trunk...Just waiting..

DEFYANT
01-03-2005, 02:51 PM
Offers.... lets hear offers...

like:
1-5 kits =$?00
6-10 = ?00
etc...

What are the numbers?
Do I seem anxious?:D

Glenn
01-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Yes, I am definitely interested for the right price. Current prices online are $519 for the Mustang unit (i.e. 14' hose). That is a hard price to beat.

Glenn

CRUZTAKER
01-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Yes, I am definitely interested for the right price. Current prices online are $519 for the Mustang unit (i.e. 14' hose). That is a hard price to beat.

Glenn
I can (nearly) assure you that we won't beat/match $519 with the 18' hose assy and shipping. But we can get really close. Sorry Defyant, but that is as specific as I can be right now....close to that figure...perhaps as low as $540 +/- ? .....on a minimum group buy of ten.

Trust me, for all the hassle of shipping from the producer, to the middle man (the guy with the reseller license), and then to us...this is not a money making deal for anyone other than the manufacturer. Personally, I like that price...$540 or so, sounds really good to me.

BTW: DENNIS....If you can beat this price on a group buy of minimum TEN orders by $20 or more.....speak up now and I am sure everyone would be ok with handing the reins over to you.

tmac1337
01-04-2005, 12:03 AM
As much as I try to stop modding, then you guys start up this stuff. I never ever considered nitrous, then I saw Claude in action at Bradenton Speedway burning up the place. It sounds like a good mod if safe and those using have had no problems to date. Does this kit come with a dashboard mounted on/off switch? It I remember correclty it is also hooked into the accelerator somehow so it only engages when you put your foot down and nail it, correct me if I'm wrong?

Bootlegger
01-04-2005, 06:07 AM
As much as I try to stop modding, then you guys start up this stuff. I never ever considered nitrous, then I saw Claude in action at Bradenton Speedway burning up the place. It sounds like a good mod if safe and those using have had no problems to date. Does this kit come with a dashboard mounted on/off switch? It I remember correclty it is also hooked into the accelerator somehow so it only engages when you put your foot down and nail it, correct me if I'm wrong?You are correct Tmac, only activated at WOT, if you have thrown the switch and the bottle is open. You can hide the switch anywhere in the car.

klmore
01-04-2005, 08:15 AM
Likely many of of will only use the 75, but one never knows....So what do you think?Not to split hairs, but anyone who thinks they will stay with a 75 shot has lost their mind. I know because I tried it and I couldn't resist.:P

I have about $1500 in my Zex kit by the time I added all of the extras that I wanted. I didn't want holes in my dash so I did this Painless switch box. I also added duel bottles, bottle warmers, purge, and a pressure gauge. The base kit is great and it is really is all that is needed.

My biggest problem is keeping the bottles full.:)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46 00

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45 96

jjaguda
01-05-2005, 10:32 AM
CRUZTAKER

I am also interested. My MM is at the dealer right now, but assuming she comes back ok, I will be looking to go this route.

wchain
01-05-2005, 03:21 PM
CRUZTAKER

I am also interested. My MM is at the dealer right now, but assuming she comes back ok, I will be looking to go this route.

9 People in the poll are interested. This might roll! :banana:

CRUZTAKER
01-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Bump ;)

jstevens
01-09-2005, 04:22 PM
This is not really related to this thread, but

if you have a 75/80 shot, does it put you back into the seat when it activates?

Curious if its like in the movies.
Thanks.,

BillyGman
01-10-2005, 10:38 PM
This is not really related to this thread, but

if you have a 75/80 shot, does it put you back into the seat when it activates?

Curious if its like in the movies.
Thanks.,I've never had Nitrous on a car, but "putting you back in the seat" is a relative term. It all depends on what being "pinned back in the seat" means to each individual. Some guys think that they get "pinned back" in the seat with their 12 second cars, while others are so used to 10 second rides, which really do "pin you back" that once they're in a 12 second car, they wouldn't consider what happens when the go pedal is pressed down as being "pinned back" in the seat at all with any car that makes less than 600 HP.

Here's an example.......I had the great privilage of getting one hairy ride in a $200,000 2005 Ford GT back in December. the car was real fast, and they're capable of 11 second ET's and crank out 550 HP. But even though that's true, and even though the car went from 30MPH right up to 120MPH in an effortless manner all within about 5 or 6 seconds, and all in 3rd gear, I wouldn't say that the car really "pinned me back" in the seat. Was it quick? Absolutely!! But it didn't feel like a heavy duty drag car when the go pedal was hit. However, I'm sure that after getting a ride in that car, that some people would say....."That car pins you back in the seat!!" So that's a vague question that would always provoke some ambiguous answers.

DEFYANT
01-11-2005, 12:08 AM
:depress:

I think he is lookin for the "Michael Knight just hit the 'turbo' button" effect.

BillyGman
01-11-2005, 08:17 AM

I think he is lookin for the "Michael Knight just hit the 'turbo' button" effect.
Which I cannot see him getting from an 80 HP gain. Perhaps it's another story when you have a 175 shot.

ncmm
01-11-2005, 08:33 AM
I might go that route in the future but not right now. I only have 1500 miles on the Silver Birch MM

CRUZTAKER
01-11-2005, 08:40 AM
I will be buying mine in March.

Everyone still interested by the end of February, when the poll ends, will be invited to take advantage of a great price.

wchain
01-11-2005, 10:00 AM

"ACTIVATE SUPER PURSUIT KITT!"
http://www.bloom-enterprises.com/kr/Kitt_Super_Pursuit_Mode_1.jpg

Pat
01-11-2005, 07:23 PM
What a coincidence, I was just on the Zex site earlier today and drooling all over my keyboard. Price was $611.00 add LA tax of 9% and that's $666. Humm what a number. Anyway they didn't recommend use of their product with a "chip" but that was because of ignition timing. A retune at WOT and it should be safe to use. The "wet" kit is whats available with a 2 hour install time.
Count me in if it's in the spring.

hdwrench
01-11-2005, 07:45 PM
no probs with wes or zex etc... but had to throw this pic out with all the micheal knight, kitt talk.

again... the caption has nothing to do with this thread... it is just a pic i found on another site a while ago... and i thought it was funny.

http://img98.exs.cx/img98/5772/dumbtopic9kq.jpg

wchain
01-12-2005, 07:25 AM
no probs with wes or zex etc... but had to throw this pic out with all the micheal knight, kitt talk.

again... the caption has nothing to do with this thread... it is just a pic i found on another site a while ago... and i thought it was funny.

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Kinda like this one?
http://home.cwru.edu/~rxb104/images/ponch-homo.jpg

Okay back to Nitrous.

I think we're gonna go with this. I gotta talk to Barry about how we're gonna execute it.....

Wes

CRUZTAKER
01-12-2005, 09:25 AM
OK....How exactly did we get on the homo road.....?:P

:hijack:

DEFYANT
01-13-2005, 12:12 AM

Now that I think of it....... kitt did sound gay. :rolleyes:

wchain
01-25-2005, 12:33 PM
:bump:

We're still alive...

GodOSpeed
01-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Man this thread went way south eh'!! :rolleyes:

DEFYANT
01-26-2005, 12:07 AM
I guess we are waiting for a price on a kit from a vender. Thats OK cuz, I am interested in "other" options. I'm not in a hurry.

hitchhiker
01-26-2005, 12:54 AM
NO2 on an aluminum engine...

R U Guys nuts or just wealthy enough to replace engines annually?

:D

Glenn
01-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Are we still looking for a system and price?

Glenn

CRUZTAKER
01-27-2005, 05:39 AM
Wes and I need to talk. I have been on the road since my return to work, and it looks as though there is no end in sight.

This IS going to happen, so those of you genuinely interested just be patient and keep saving your pennies.

Please remember, this is your personal decision to go this route, take the nay-sayers advice with a grain of salt. We have tested N20 on Marauders for some time now with excellent results, and although we have no horror stories as of this time, we do know it can be used safely if one follows some simple rules.

We all have different goals to achieve, and mine is to have this mod available to me when I am at the track in certain competitions, and the occational boost in public when neccesary.

I'll try to talk with Wes this weekend, but our goal to obtain participants will continue through February, unless a majority of atleast 10 is ready and willing before then.

Dark_Knight7096
01-27-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm not naturally flatulated, NX just tickles my fancy a wee bit more than Zex does, sorry.

TechHeavy
01-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Wes and I need to talk. I have been on the road since my return to work, and it looks as though there is no end in sight.

This IS going to happen, so those of you genuinely interested just be patient and keep saving your pennies.

Please remember, this is your personal decision to go this route, take the nay-sayers advice with a grain of salt. We have tested N20 on Marauders for some time now with excellent results, and although we have no horror stories as of this time, we do know it can be used safely if one follows some simple rules.

We all have different goals to achieve, and mine is to have this mod available to me when I am at the track in certain competitions, and the occational boost in public when neccesary.

I'll try to talk with Wes this weekend, but our goal to obtain participants will continue through February, unless a majority of atleast 10 is ready and willing before then.
Hey Barry. I am interested in this idea, but haven't voted since I'm still undecided. Don't take this the wrong way, but here's my thought... It seems like a lot of money for a 2 tenths reduction in ET. I think that's what Lidio gave his NOS system credit for... (can't find the thread right now... still looking).

carfixer
01-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey Barry. I am interested in this idea, but haven't voted since I'm still undecided. Don't take this the wrong way, but here's my thought... It seems like a lot of money for a 2 tenths reduction in ET. I think that's what Lidio gave his NOS system credit for... (can't find the thread right now... still looking).

On an N/A car without a lot of other mods (such as mine), it will net you between 1.3 and 2.0 seconds off your ET.

Bootlegger
01-27-2005, 07:01 PM
On an N/A car without a lot of other mods (such as mine), it will net you between 1.3 and 2.0 seconds off your ET.
Same results as Carfixer, 2 seconds off my ET, and 8 to 9 MPH more with the 100Hp shot, best ET thus far is a 13.050 @104.99, and I ain't done yet!!

TechHeavy
01-28-2005, 12:19 PM
I see... thanks for the explanation.

GodOSpeed
02-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Hey Barry any word from Wes as of yet? I'm ready for some giddy-up! :burnout:

Glenn
02-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Barry:

Any update on the Zex group buy?

CRUZTAKER
02-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Apparently folks are ready....I'm ready....

You ready WES?

wchain
02-11-2005, 07:35 AM
Apparently folks are ready....I'm ready....

You ready WES?

I'm ready!!!! WHENEVER YOU GUYS ARE!!!

DEFYANT
02-17-2005, 09:42 PM
If the price is right, I am interested. Good idea.
To be fair, I want to let you all know, I am out of the deal. I opted for the Trilogy. Thanks

wchain
02-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Alrighty boys girls here we go!

The Zex Nitrous Kit for the Marauder is going to run $540.00 PLUS UPS Ground Shipping, I will calculate actual cost, They are going to send me the kits on a pallet, and I have to break them down and ship them out individually.

I will set up ordering for this kit this week sometime, but we are up and open!!
Thanks to all that support us, so that we may in turn, support the Marauder Community.

:burnout: :banana2:
I'm still undecided if I'm gonna buy one....but I like carfixers set up/idea.......

Wes

GodOSpeed
02-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Be expecting my call the first part of next week Wes.

CRUZTAKER
02-28-2005, 01:30 PM
That's a good price afterall.

I'll have a check ready for you next weekend Wes. :up:

BADMERC
02-28-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm in! This sounds like fun. Thanks Barry. Please keep us posted on tuning
issues.

DirtyDog
02-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Alrighty boys girls here we go!

The Zex Nitrous Kit for the Marauder is going to run $540.00 PLUS UPS Ground Shipping, I will calculate actual cost, They are going to send me the kits on a pallet, and I have to break them down and ship them out individually.

I will set up ordering for this kit this week sometime, but we are up and open!!

:burnout: :banana2:
I'm still undecided if I'm gonna buy one....but I like carfixers set up/idea.......

Wes

Is this the #82023 with everything long enough to reach from end to end ?

CRUZTAKER
03-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Yes...Marauder proven...Marauder driven...;)

Pat
03-01-2005, 09:49 AM

Glenn
What site are you referring to?. Zex.com, as of this AM, price is $663.

CRUZTAKER
03-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Pat...this a group buy special arrangement...for us....;)

Directedby
03-01-2005, 07:38 PM
It is a good price - JC Whitney sells it (82023) for $643, but Unlimited Speed sells it for $517 including shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7957732495&category=33740&sspagename=WDVW

TooManyFords
03-01-2005, 09:25 PM
It is a good price - JC Whitney sells it (82023) for $643, but Unlimited Speed sells it for $517 including shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7957732495&category=33740&sspagename=WDVW
Hmmm, is this confirmed?

Directedby
03-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Hmmm, is this confirmed?

I was going by the part number listed in this thread - 82023 which is the same part number in this auction. Also if you go to auction and scroll down it lists it is right for Marauders.

Donny Carlson
03-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Hmmm, is this confirmed?
John, you planning on given that old F-150 a snort?

TooManyFords
03-01-2005, 09:48 PM
John, you planning on given that old F-150 a snort?
No, it has enough in it already. Nos and a snowplow, now -thats- something to scare oncoming traffic!

I suppose I'll need a custom tune from Aric if I do get one for the MM though.

John

Bootlegger
03-02-2005, 07:15 AM

That is the correct kit for our cars, BUT the general kit only has 14 feet of braided line, reference the Mustang install. The Marauder needs at least 16 feet of line for the install. That may be the difference in the cost..

wchain
03-02-2005, 07:59 AM
That is the correct kit for our cars, BUT the general kit only has 14 feet of braided line, reference the Mustang install. The Marauder needs at least 16 feet of line for the install. That may be the difference in the cost..

I will call Zex to reconfirm the information.

ON EDIT The Zex kits can either come in 16 or 18' lengths.

I'm sorry guys but I have to rant a little bit here.

As far as the Pricing goes on the kits, if you want to purchase the kit from Ebay, go ahead. The advent of ebay is a double edged sword for vendors such as myself, Dennis and Lidio. 9 out of 10 times, these "vendors" on ebay are running a "Performance Shop" out of their garage/basement from their home. Customer Support is probably less than par, and I shudder when I think about the kind of customer support that is offered by "Bubba" when you have an issue with the part that you ordered?

Does this company support Mercurymarauder.net by advertising on the site, donating prizes at Marauderville, or by conducting fundraisers where a portion of the sale goes back to the Site?
[rant off]

I will call my distributor this morning and try to squash his price lower, if I can.

CRUZTAKER
03-02-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm with Wes on this one, regarding utilizing an unknown on EBAY. I knew of this fellow all along, and had no interest in going that route.

We're not sure how this fellow on ebay is able to do this price, but bear in mind, alot of those folks need only make a few dollars profit to be satisfied. Wes has gone out of his way to uncrate, and repackage/ship the product to all of us. Wes will call ZEX and see what the deal is. I have no idea if the longer hose kit is the reason for the price difference.

If anyone wants to bail now, and go with the ebay special, let us know now. It's no big deal. I for one am sticking with the plan and buying through one of our vendors here, that I can count on for customer service in the future.

Therefore, please, out of repsect, let's not speak of ebay opportunities in this thread, because ebay is out of the question.;)

Directedby
03-02-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm with Wes on this one, regarding utilizing an unknown on EBAY. I knew of this fellow all along, and had no interest in going that route.

We're not sure how this fellow on ebay is able to do this price, but bear in mind, alot of those folks need only make a few dollars profit to be satisfied. Wes has gone out of his way to uncrate, and repackage/ship the product to all of us. Wes will call ZEX and see what the deal is. I have no idea if the longer hose kit is the reason for the price difference.

If anyone wants to bail now, and go with the ebay special, let us know now. It's no big deal. I for one am sticking with the plan and buying through one of our vendors here, that I can count on for customer service in the future.

Therefore, please, out of repsect, let's not speak of ebay opportunities in this thread, because ebay is out of the question.;)

I also hear you can build your own NITROUS kit with parts from Home Depot.

Wasn't Tucker at JLT a 'vendor' also who went out of his way? - 'therefore out of respect let's not speak of [other] opportunities..."

Cruz, you bust me up...

Nothing personal, just pointing out the ironic contradiction.

:stooges:

I also concur that Wes is the best person to order from because he is a vendor and has helped the members on the site. :bows:

GodOSpeed
03-02-2005, 03:32 PM
I will call my distributor this morning and try to squash his price lower, if I can.
Squash away Wes but any Mercurymarauder.net member worth his 2 percent will not give his vender loyalty up for 23 bucks. :coolman:

CRUZTAKER
03-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Wasn't Tucker at JLT a 'vendor' also who went out of his way? - 'therefore out of respect let's not speak of [other] opportunities..."
:flamer:
Ouch!!! I deserved that....

I never had the opportunity to explain that THIS is how the bussiness world revolves...If Hoover hadn't built the first vacuum cleaner....Royal would have never "copied" it and made it better.....Ford would be the only automobile available...

Did Alexander Graham Bell cry when other folks manufactured telephones.....
:bigcry:

"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor....Hell NO!!!"

:P

wchain
03-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Okay, I got another TEN DOLLARS OFF!

KITS: $530.00 plus shipping!

Directedby
03-02-2005, 04:56 PM

I never had the opportunity to explain that THIS is how the bussiness world revolves...If Hoover hadn't built the first vacuum cleaner....Royal would have never "copied" it and made it better.....Ford would be the only automobile available...

Did Alexander Graham Bell cry when other folks manufactured telephones.....
:bigcry:

"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor....Hell NO!!!"

:P
Glad to see you are a good sport. :)

Directedby
03-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Okay, I got another TEN DOLLARS OFF!

KITS: $530.00 plus shipping!

Thanks Wes.

I have 4 questions because I am very interested in this mod.

1. How safe is it having the bottle in trunk. Is there a risk of explosion if my car is rearended?

2. Is this California compliant for smog? If not do I need to remove it when tested.

3. What long term effects are ther on the engine or life of the engine?

4. I plan only using this at the track for 1/4 mile times and to occassionally blow away ricers and porches. Can I always leave the bottle open and ready?

Thanks

hdwrench
03-02-2005, 05:10 PM
i need to quit reading this thread before i buy a kit :)

hdwrench
03-02-2005, 08:40 PM
i found a great accessory on ebay for all you nitrous guys

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1467&item=5560676288&rd=1

BruteForce
03-02-2005, 09:07 PM
i found a great accessory on ebay for all you nitrous guys

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1467&item=5560676288&rd=1

That'll fit fine next to my "Cash, a$$, or gra$$... Nobody Rides For Free" sticker. :lol: Wonder if they have colors to match my naked lady mud flaps too.

wchain
03-03-2005, 09:34 AM
That'll fit fine next to my "Cash, a$$, or gra$$... Nobody Rides For Free" sticker. :lol: Wonder if they have colors to match my naked lady mud flaps too.

BWHAHAHAHA!

Well I'm going to get this kit as well I think.......
I'll get ordering info setup tonight online.....I think our best bet is to get the 82026 with the 18' Cable. (Its the same kit with a little longer cable) at no extra cost to you guys.....

Tallboy
03-03-2005, 10:22 AM

I never had the opportunity to explain that THIS is how the bussiness world revolves...If Hoover hadn't built the first vacuum cleaner....Royal would have never "copied" it and made it better.....:P
The vacuum cleaner was invented by Cecil Booth. [The first carpet sweeper was invented by M.R. Bissel.] In 1905, Murray Spangler modified Booth's design, which was manufactured by an industrialist named W.H. Hoover.

wchain
03-03-2005, 10:27 AM
The vacuum cleaner was invented by Cecil Booth. [The first carpet sweeper was invented by M.R. Bissel.] In 1905, Murray Spangler modified Booth's design, which was manufactured by an industrialist named W.H. Hoover.

That sucks.... :D
:hijack:

Pat
03-03-2005, 11:32 AM
BWHAHAHAHA!

Well I'm going to get this kit as well I think.......
I'll get ordering info setup tonight online.....I think our best bet is to get the 82026 with the 18' Cable. (Its the same kit with a little longer cable) at no extra cost to you guys.....
Darn, torn up another check. Let me know the final, final, final price and when and where to mail the check or Money order for MY kit.

wchain
03-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Online Ordering is now up and running!!! WOOT!!!
http://innovativeinterceptors.com/performance.html
Scroll all the way to the bottom.

This will stay open until we get 10 or close to 10 people!

I'll let you know when cards will be charged, unless you want me to charge it right away, please specify.
If you're paying by check/money order, you can still order online!!

Just send payment to:
Innovative Interceptors
1298 N Post Oak Road
Houston, Tx 77055

Thanks again for making this happen!
:up:

Rider90
03-20-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry guys, I just skimmed the last page or so, but who is putting nitrous on their vacuum cleaner?

Gagfish
03-21-2005, 11:05 PM
OK, I think I'm in. Not to be a pain, but can we offer a price to opt for the polished bottle?

CRUZTAKER
03-22-2005, 06:04 AM
I'm in Wes....I'll order when I get home friday.

wchain
03-22-2005, 09:08 AM
OK, I think I'm in. Not to be a pain, but can we offer a price to opt for the polished bottle?

I'll ask the distributor today.

Wes

BADMERC
03-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks Wes, I just ordered. I can't wait!!!!!

wchain
03-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks Wes, I just ordered. I can't wait!!!!!

FOUR KITS SOLD ALREADY! :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Pat
03-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Just finished ordering my Zex Kit. Next week you should see a new satellite in the sky. People will exclaim with wonder - "it's a sign, no it's a plane, no it's a comet, no it's, it's a Mercury Marauder on Nitrous.

Gad, this car makes me behave weird.

wchain
03-23-2005, 09:29 AM
We're HALF WAY THERE!
I've got FIVE kits sold!!!

wchain
03-24-2005, 08:19 AM
SIX KITS! :banana2:

CRUZTAKER
03-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Order placed! :up:

GodOSpeed
03-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Me too!! :D

wchain
03-25-2005, 06:36 PM

TWO MORE KITS and we're there!!! WOOT!

wchain
03-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Anyone, Anyone?
BUeller?

wchain
03-29-2005, 08:03 AM
Im closing this GP on Friday. Its going thru, but I need a 10th person!!

CRUZTAKER
03-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Comon folks!

Don't tell me you're ALL scared of a few n20 blow up threads posted by trilogy owner_ ?

:baaa:

15 expressed interest. Where you at now?

duhtroll
03-29-2005, 04:37 PM
No, I'm not scared of anything. I probably have to replace my 4.10s due to some labor problems. If the gears are causing the whining I'm hearing, I'm gonna have someone who knows what the :censor: they are doing handle it, because the dealer is obviously clueless.

I wish that when people say they know what they are doing, they actually have a f:censor:ing clue. (meaning the people who have assembled the rear end TWICE now and told me nothing is wrong)

-A

BADMERC
03-29-2005, 05:07 PM
I really can't wait. I have to many WRX's in my neck of the woods. Just like Barry said, don't be afraid

wchain
03-31-2005, 03:49 PM
BUMPITY BUMP!

wchain
04-02-2005, 09:23 AM
Last Chance. This group buy is going thru no matter what, but if you want to jump on, contact me by close of business Monday!

Wes

duhtroll
04-02-2005, 09:39 AM
I'd really love to do this but I probably have to replace gears, and that's kinda more crucial than nitrous right now.

Thanks,
-A

jspradii
04-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Folks, since I had the FIRST nitrous powered Marauder (on and running at Marauderville I, Sept 2003), and I used the very same kit(klmore got it from someone else that bought it from me, but was threatened with divorce if he didn't get rid of it). I can, in good faith, tell you that, if properly installed (which is quite simple, and takes only a couple hours), a shot up to 125 hp will not require modification of the tune, since the EEC V adapts all timing retards automatically, and the nitrous application will not hurt your hypereutectic pistons or stock rods. ANYTHING above that requires a professional tune from Superchips or Diablo (I recommend Superchips). You can make up to 425 hp safely with the ZEX. It's more than most people really want in a street machine. I opted to upgrade to an NOS NOSZle system, which is direct through the injector ports. It is designed to handle applications up to 1000 hp or more, of course, with the proper motor. This is a good deal! The group buy will save you $160 bucks off what I paid for it back in 2003. But, beware.......this upgrade may not be enough for you, as Pat has discovered. You just might want MORE!

klmore
04-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Folks, since I had the FIRST nitrous powered Marauder (on and running at Marauderville I, Sept 2003), and I used the very same kit(klmore got it from someone else that bought it from me, but was threatened with divorce if he didn't get rid of it). I can, in good faith, tell you that, if properly installed (which is quite simple, and takes only a couple hours), a shot up to 125 hp will not require modification of the tune, since the EEC V adapts all timing retards automatically, and the nitrous application will not hurt your hypereutectic pistons or stock rods. ANYTHING above that requires a professional tune from Superchips or Diablo (I recommend Superchips). You can make up to 425 hp safely with the ZEX. It's more than most people really want in a street machine. I opted to upgrade to an NOS NOSZle system, which is direct through the injector ports. It is designed to handle applications up to 1000 hp or more, of course, with the proper motor. This is a good deal! The group buy will save you $160 bucks off what I paid for it back in 2003. But, beware.......this upgrade may not be enough for you, as Pat has discovered. You just might want MORE! I agree with Jim on this. I'm selling my Zex kit for two reasons. First and foremost I'm going with a supercharger, and second I had trouble filling my bottles in Shreveport. After some research I found out the state of Louisiana makes it VERY difficult to sell Nitrous to the point that it isn't worth the trouble to sell. In most places in the U.S. getting nitrous is not a problem. Like Jim said it would be more than enough for the average weekend drag racer. I actually spent more on purge set ups and extra bottles than I did my Zex kit. :rolleyes: So it is something you can add to and mod to your needs.:bandit:

Also if you need any extras for your kits see my ads in the classified area or give me a PM.

jspradii
04-04-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm looking at a custom turbo-charging option which will rely on nitrous for low end launch (60 foot stuff). What anyone else does is up to them and how much money they got to spend. Frankly, I'd rather put my Marauder engine package in a tube chassis Mustang and then see you on the track. Can we talk 7's or 8's?

Gagfish
04-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Does anyone Know if the kits shipped yet?

wchain
04-12-2005, 06:10 AM
Does anyone Know if the kits shipped yet?

Kits are on order as we speak....should know something by tomorrow about shipping!

Gagfish
05-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Guys, not to scare you but there is a problem with the nozzles that went out in our kits. They are for the wrong car. I noticed this with the 125 shot on the dyno that the nozzle stops pumping fuel and only pumps nitrous as the RPMs increase. The nozzle I got has a small silver tube at the tip with a round end for the fuel. The correct nozzle has a slit down one side of the tip. If you got the incorrect nozzle please call Zex, number is on their website, and they'll send you the correct one. Sam at Zex was very helpful in diagnosing this problem and is even sending me a new management unit.

Pat
05-24-2005, 09:16 AM
I also have a nozzle as described by Gagfish and was concerned that I would have a lean condition. A call to Zex, Sam in tech support, disclosed that the nozzle performance is OK at the 50/100 shot level. The 125 shot level may cause the problem Gagfish experienced. Since I'm running 50 shot I'm good to go. FWIW.

Gagfish
05-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Sam's been really good. Just to make sure you may wanna put it on the dyno to make sure you're good. When we bought the kits they are part 80026 but you will notice Zex just updated their catalog and the Marauder kit is not 80023. Zex has been really helpful though and they are helping me wire in a NOS progressive controller.

wchain
05-24-2005, 02:36 PM
I also have a nozzle as described by Gagfish and was concerned that I would have a lean condition. A call to Zex, Sam in tech support, disclosed that the nozzle performance is OK at the 50/100 shot level. The 125 shot level may cause the problem Gagfish experienced. Since I'm running 50 shot I'm good to go. FWIW.

Should be 75 is the smallest jet....

FWIW if you're going to run anyhting above 75, you need to get a dyno tune, or let your chip burner know that it is in fact running 100/125. Bone stock @ 75 is ok,but if you have a tune, the timing must be backed out to prevent detonation.

My advice is to go ahead and call Zex and get the correct nozzles now. As far as model numbers, 82023 and 82026 are identical kits, the 26 has a longer hose (which we need since the MM is LOOOONG).

Just my .02

W

Pat
05-24-2005, 03:49 PM
My bad, I meant to say 75.