PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy customers

BillyGman
01-03-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm just curious........ out of all the Trilogy Supercharger customers we have here, how many of you have driven, or have even riden in a supercharged car before? I'll be the first to say that my Trilogized Marauder is the very first supercharged car that I've ever even been in let alone driven (and I LUV it!). Since I've installed my S/Cer, I have been in somebody else's S/Ced car, but not before.

CRUZTAKER
01-03-2005, 01:50 PM
It wasn't a choice....but YES, I have driven BOTH varieties of S/C's currently available for the MM.

I own niether....:rolleyes: Not by choice of course...;)
And all I can say is....one whines more than the other. The S/C that is...:lol:

Tallboy
01-03-2005, 02:02 PM
I had not driven or been for a ride in a supercharged V-8 car until carfixer installed my Trilogy. This car continues to be my all-time favorite. :)

Side note: As a Pontiac service manager, I drove numerous 3800 s/c equipped cars. IMO supercharging the 3.8 litre V-6 does not produce the results one would expect from a supercharged car.

jstevens
01-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Another interesting note is:
What did you feel like after test driving a s/c MM and then getting back in your own?

I know mine felt very slow afterwards.

BillyGman
01-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Another interesting note is:
What did you feel like after test driving a s/c MM and then getting back in your own?

I know mine felt very slow afterwards.
Well now, that's an interesting point. I never thought about that one. :hmmm:

Marauderman
01-03-2005, 02:58 PM
It wasn't a choice....but YES, I have driven BOTH varieties of S/C's currently available for the MM.

I own niether....:rolleyes: Not by choice of course...;)
And all I can say is....one whines more than the other. The S/C that is...:lol:
.......probably the BEST answere anyone could give --It's super!!

RoyLPita
01-03-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm waiting for someone to give me a ride in one just so I can post my .02 .

Tallboy
01-03-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm waiting for someone to give me a ride in one just so I can post my .02 .
Done. Get with me at the picnic...:burnout:

RoyLPita
01-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Should I bring a pair of CVPI rims w/ Michelins for you to tear up???

Hack Goby
01-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Dave let me drive number #2 back when I had my LX Sport.Talk about a difference.

MI2QWK4U
01-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Dave let me drive number #2 back when I had my LX Sport.Talk about a difference.

Uhhhh.... "drive"...is that what you call that little test drive!!! Folks, the last time I went for a ride like that was at Cedar Point or Disney Land! Paul is definitely driver enough to handle a beast such as my #2 Trilogy, and he put her through her paces very well! It was worth the abuse to see that ear to ear grin on his face afterward!

BillyGman
01-06-2005, 07:50 PM
C'mon people.......only eleven Trilogy customers participated in the poll. Out of the 61 owners of Trilogy equipped Marauders, I thought there were more of them that frequent this board than a mere eleven. I realize this isn't the most important poll around or anything. However I also know that we've had polls on this board for topics that were less meaningful than this one is. C'mon gang. :banana2:

MikesMerc
01-07-2005, 06:11 AM
Okay...I voted.

I had driven, and owned several supercharged cars before I bought the Trilogy for the MM.

Owned a 91 Mustang with a Powerdyne S/C w/ 9psi (1991-1992)
Owned a 91 Mustang with a Vortech S-Trim S/C w/ 14psi (1994-2000)
Owned 1n 86 Mustang with a Vortech S-Trim S/C w/ 10psi (2000-2001)

All the above blowers were installed by myself and tuned by Lidio.

I've also had numerous friends with blown mustangs as well.

Other seat time in SC cars:
Test drove a 2002 Lightning.
Test drove 2001 F-150 with Vortech S-Trim
Test drove a 2001 GTP Grand Prix
Test drove Jerry's #1 and #2 cars extensively

I'm not sure if this is where you are going Billy, but I can tell you, my selection of blower for the MM was made based on plenty of personal experience and my selection of the roots kit was no accident.

Better yet, the biggest "difference" in seat of the pants performance coming from adding a supercharger came from adding the blower to the MM hands down. :beer:

Good topic Billy!

BillyGman
01-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Mike, actually I wasn't really intentionally going anywhere with this topic. I was simply curious about what other Trilogy owners had experience with in the past in the way of S/Cer (if any at all). but thanks for your participation in the poll, and especially for your post. You've brought up some interesting points. :banana2:

BillyGman
01-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Hmmmmm, we're still only up to 15 Trilogy customers.......I sure thought we had more than 15 of 61 on this board. Ofcourse #61 hasn't even had their kit installed yet as far as I know(that would be our Moderators). And I haven't seen John (aka "Jet" on here since I started this poll either). But I thought there were more.

G-Man
01-11-2005, 04:23 AM
I've driven blown cars and turbo cars before I purchased the Trilogy. The best thing about the Trilogy is that it makes power all day long and just keeps coming back for more. No problems. Extremely reliable power. :burnout:

BillyGman
01-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Hey "G-Man" (nice username :D ) I didn't know that your car is Trilogized also. That's good to know. And I think that's an excellent point that you've made. I laugh when I see people posting comments about how the Eaton S/Cer will overheat during hard street driving, and cause a "parasitic" power loss. In the immortal words of one of my older brothers, to that theory I say..... POPPYCOCK!!!!!.......and...... ..BOLDERDASH!!!!! Those comments come from people who haven't owned a Trilogy equipped Marauder, and therefore haven't had the opportunity to drive one all day long. The intercooler used in the Trilogy kit works very well. After putting 12,000 hard miles on my Marauder since I've installed the Trilogy kit, I don't believe that there will ever be any street driving situation where you'll be getting into the gas pedal long enough and hard enough to ever notice any "loss" of power.

And at the dragstrip I haven't noticed that either since you usually have to wait atleast a good 20 minutes between runs for your class to be called again anyway. The only times that you don't have to wait are when the racing season is coming to an end, and it's very cold at the track. And the only times when that happens is when it's so cold out, that nothing gets heated up too quickly anyway because of that cold air going into your motor. I won't get into the details on here, but there were two different incidents (one in the summer time) when I raced a Camaro SS (one was a 98, and the other was a 2000) and the Camaro owners were so shocked and so frustrated that theior precious Camaros were beaten by my Marauder that they insisted on racing me three times, and so I obliged and raced them three times in a row one right after the other with NO down time in between, and my car did not show any signs of let-up or "parasitic" power loss. Maybe if I had raced them a 5th or 6th time in succession without any down time,there would've been a noticeable power loss, but who does that?

G-Man
01-13-2005, 04:30 AM
Hey BillyGman,

Everything that you drive has a limitation, and every limitation can be exceeded or extended. The stock Trilogy setup will run fine on the street without "heat soaking". I've put mine through it's paces, on the street, and have never had any issues. Stop and go, runs to 160-170mph range, nothing phases it. In my experience, you are correct in your line of thinking, that the only time that the Trilogy setup will show signs of diminished power is when you run it on the dyno back to back to back without any way of removing the heat from the intake. The Dyno test will show this. However, on the same side of the coin, every other supercharger out there has the same problem, except for the whipple "screw" type. The screw design is the only one efficient enough to maintain or reduce temperature in the intake. The big advantage to the Trilogy setup over the centrifical types is all about torque. You know, that real world shove you in the back like an F-14 under full burner torque :burnout: . There's just nothing like it. You won't get that with a centrifical. Keep in mind that mine is a very unique setup. Professional estimates rate mine at around 600 Rwhp and 600 Rwtq. Not for the faint of heart and very much a handful if you don't know how to drive it. I have not run this on a chassis dyno yet, but have a friend who is chomping at the bit to get it on his. If I ever run it, I'll let you know what she does. The list of enhancements made to mine is extensive to say the least. The plus side is that mine is designed to run for many, many years of hard running without failure. However, Murphy's law still applies.

G-man

BillyGman
01-15-2005, 12:27 AM
Yes G-Man, let me know what it shows on the dyno when you do get it tested. :banana2:

RoyLPita
01-17-2005, 07:23 AM
I got a ride in Tallboy's MM. What a rush!!!!! Aside from any loose items (coffee cups, digital camera, etc) that flew into the back at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle, the power that the Trilogy puts out is absolutely AWESOME!!!!. I definitely want one of these for myself. However, after reading the book, I'll need a few weeks to install it.

If Mercury made the MM with this kit, even-sized tires and a $1500 gas guzzler tax, they would've made more than 11000 of them.

TechHeavy
01-17-2005, 09:51 AM
C'mon people.......only eleven Trilogy customers participated in the poll. Out of the 61 owners of Trilogy equipped Marauders, I thought there were more of them that frequent this board than a mere eleven. I realize this isn't the most important poll around or anything. However I also know that we've had polls on this board for topics that were less meaningful than this one is. C'mon gang. :banana2:
Ok Billy.... I've been away for a few days but just voted. I never drove or rode in any "blown" car before my Trilogy.

BillyGman
01-17-2005, 02:33 PM
I believe that there are still some others who haven't been around in a little while. I know that John (aka "JET") in one of them. So I think that even eventually this poll will grow atleast a little bit more providing that when those other members do stop in, they look around a little, and see this poll. :)