PDA

View Full Version : North Texas Marauders 2005

cruzer
01-03-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm baaaaaack ! Wow, what a end -of-year blur this has been. I've been busier than I have been in years and hit from all directions at the same time. Things are settling down and I will try to be more informative in the future.
I want to thank Shane and Jennifer for hosting the Christmas Party--the group was fun to be with, the shop was a car-nut's dream and the food was delicious and plentiful. I counted 4 Marauders, 5 Cougars and 3 pick-up trucks.NTM was represented by Joe Clancy, Rod and Regina, Phil and Natasha and myself--Thanks again, LSCC.
Next was the Supercharger Drawing. We met at Denny's in Grapevine 10 AM--Logan left Austin at 07:15 and arrivedat 09:50--mmmmm---By 12N, eight Marauders and a Taurus ?? had arrived at Chuck's. Witnessing the drawing was:
Logan
Joe Clancy -----------------jclancy
Dan Fielding ----------------2003MIB
Tom Hickock ---------------Petrograde
Phil and Natasha -----------MAD3R
Chris Slowey ---------------hdwrench
Jim Moseley----------------Vortex
Sam ----------------------TwoHawks
Me
Everyone was pleased when MM03MOK , our own "Bunny", was the winner--if anyone deserved it , she did.

NOW, for 2005 !!!----first activity is the meeting at John Eagle at 7:00 pm on Jan. 13th--try to be there, many plans have to be made.
I am suggesting a BIG meeting of every available MM owner in the Area on Jan. 15th at Chuck's in Grapevine--time to be set by you folks. WE gotta get organized !!! We need to select a monthly meeting place and time---we need to plan a trip to Cherokee Raceway or Lufkin Raceway sometime in the next 60 days so we all can get some Test and Tune runs in decent temparatures. We need to discuss if we want to road race at the ranch in Crissom--start planning for the Spring Picnic in April---the Cougar Nationals in May--- we need to find out how many would be interested in visiting with the FT Worth Police Dept the next time they are at TMS---TMS Laps For Charity in May--the list goes on---so you see, we have a lot to look forward to---just have to get organized to make it all happen.
There are a lot of you folks who were very active when the Marauder was new and have kinda faded into the dark--I won't name you--you know who you are--we are really having a lot of fun and I personally miss seeing you all. Please check in and express your opinions---Looking forward to the largest gathering of Marauders in our area on Jan 15th at Chuck's.
I hope everyone had a great Holiday Season and have a fantastic 2005.
See you at J/E and Chuck's. Maury

Petrograde
01-04-2005, 04:47 AM
I'd love to run a quarter mile,.. I still haven't done that yet :rolleyes: I'd just need enough notice (at least a couple weeks) so I could plan to attend.

Hey Maury,.. I have to correct your spelling. It's Hickok. common mistake. :P

jfclancy
01-04-2005, 06:05 AM
NOW, for 2005 !!!----first activity is the meeting at John Eagle at 7:00 pm on Jan. 13th--try to be there, many plans have to be made.
I am suggesting a BIG meeting of every available MM owner in the Area on Jan. 15th at Chuck's in Grapevine--time to be set by you folks. WE gotta get organized !!! We need to select a monthly meeting place and time---

Am available for most meetings that do not collide with the Pro Football playoffs. Also Maury I was NOT at the drawing, was at breakfast, pretty sure I would remember.

Joe :beer: :beer:

Vortex
01-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Roger wilco.:rock:

cruzer
01-04-2005, 09:48 PM
I am suggesting a BIG meeting of every available MM owner in the Area on Jan. 15th at Chuck's in Grapevine--time to be set by you folks. WE gotta get organized !!! We need to select a monthly meeting place and time---

Am available for most meetings that do not collide with the Pro Football playoffs. Also Maury I was NOT at the drawing, was at breakfast, pretty sure I would remember.

Joe :beer: :beer:
My apologies, Joe---I saw you leave-just forgot---will check play-off schedule :) Haven't had enough response to make a decision yet--maybe by J/E--watch the forum for the latest :beer: Maury

hdwrench
01-04-2005, 09:59 PM
i cant make it if it is a saturday... have to work

blue92
01-04-2005, 11:13 PM
I suggest the 1st gtg be at MotorSport Ranch Jan. 16th. Fordbastards are having a "club day" out there that day and we have 2 Marauders participating and it would be nice if you all showed up and suported your own out there. It doesn't cost any thing to be a spectator. :D

BTW Maury MSR is in Cresson, Tx. not Crissom. MSR is 14 miles south of I-20 on 377, it's on the left hand side of the road just past the 1 traffic light in Cresson. There is a big sign at the entrance of the ranch. :cool: