PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Area Mercury Marauder Owners

cruzer
01-03-2005, 11:07 PM
I am trying to plan a get-together of every possible Marauder owner in the area:
PLACE----Chucks Hamburgers in Grapevine
DATE-----Saturday, January 15th ( or Sunday Jan. 16th)
TIME-----????? that's up to you--they're open from 11 AM til 10 PM
or
PLACE----Le Pepe Restaurant in Bedford (Harwood and Central)
DATE-----None set
TIME-----Breakfast is served from 8 AM til 11 AM
I need to know a date and time before I can reserve the dining room---plenty of parking spaces
P L E A S E expess your preferences--I've made the contacts--just let me know.
The plans for activities are being made and we need to know how many owners are going to participate---there will be things planned that everyone will enjoy. I would sure like to see the group that was very active in 2003 come to these meetings---we have missed you.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING----NOW !!!!!!!!!
Maury

jfclancy
01-04-2005, 06:09 AM
OK after thinking this over, and wondering We already have a designated meeting second Thurs in conjuntion with Lone Star Cougar Club. So I will attempt to be at that meeting, no FOOTBALL conflict possible.

Joe Clancy :beer: :beer:

hdwrench
01-04-2005, 06:41 AM
sunday is better for me

MAD-3R
01-04-2005, 10:01 AM
With both the Cowboys and Raven out of it, what's left?

Chucks would be best for us. (We know where that one is. :))

Vortex
01-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Chucks is pretty easy to get to even though Im coming in from Rowlett. Mox nix which day to me. Hope it aint hosing outside. :banana:

Redster
01-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Either date or place will work for me.

Rollin'Thunder
01-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Sunday would be best for us. May be tied up Saturday. Been a long time since we had a group breakfast. :pancake: :food: Either would be ok.

wchain
01-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Sunday would be best for us. May be tied up Saturday. Been a long time since we had a group breakfast. :pancake: :food: Either would be ok.

I would love to make it to a meet, driving to Dallas for lunch is a little much.

What hotel rooms are near these restaurants?

cyclone03
01-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Having been unable to make Houston this weekend,are plans in the works for Sat. or Sunday? Or are the plans being put off for "Men Playing Childrens Games"? Come on it's just Football,plus you'll see replays for the next week until the next game starts so you won't mis a thing. :)

hdwrench
01-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Having been unable to make Houston this weekend,are plans in the works for Sat. or Sunday? Or are the plans being put off for "Men Playing Childrens Games"? Come on it's just Football,plus you'll see replays for the next week until the next game starts so you won't mis a thing. :):lol: i dont think the date has been set... i work on saturdays so I'm all for having it on sunday. :)

hdwrench
01-09-2005, 02:51 PM
if u have to watch football... use TIVO or a vcr to tape the games... :confused:

jfclancy
01-10-2005, 06:56 AM
if u have to watch football... use TIVO or a vcr to tape the games... :confused:

I MUST watch football or die, after almost 20 years in Texas, it just got in my blood. We have a scheduled meeting already I will make every attempt to attend that if some folks cannot make that and Maurry wants to inform them
what happened fine. If our meetings "are not in conjuntion" with Lone Star Cougar club lets change our plans but this 2 or 3 meetings to do the same thing just FLAT do not make sense to me.

Grumpy

Joe Clancy :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

cyclone03
01-10-2005, 09:46 AM
OK so WHEN IS THE MEETING?

jfclancy
01-10-2005, 01:43 PM
OK so WHEN IS THE MEETING?
Meeting Reminder!
John Eagle L/M same place every month always 2nd Thurs.

This Thursday night, 01-13, is the regular monthly meeting of the Lone Star Cougar

Club. Pizza at 06:00pm, meeting at 07:00pm.

Hope to see you there.

Bob

Webmaster, Lone Star Cougar Club

rumble
01-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Meeting Reminder!

This Thursday night, 01-13, is the regular monthly meeting of the Lone Star Cougar

Hope to see you there.

Bob

Hey, for once I'll be able to make it. See ya all there.

Vortex
01-10-2005, 06:07 PM
I have a work conflict for Thursday but will try to make the weekend meeting when a time/place is finalized.

cyclone03
01-10-2005, 06:45 PM
I have a work conflict for Thursday but will try to make the weekend meeting when a time/place is finalized.

My problem is I'm about 250miles south,so a weekend will work for me too.

BUCKWHEAT
01-10-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm with you. Let me know. John PS: still trying to sell my #1 car. How about $20k. Lot;s of thrills cheap.

cruzer
01-11-2005, 09:57 PM
O K folks--things have gotten out of hand---my computer time for the last week has been very scarce and the best laid plans have gone completely crazy------soooo, FORGET ANY MEETING THIS WEEK-END--it was too close to the J/E meet and should never have been planned. The only reason I wanted a meeting this month was to find out exactly what the group wants to do.
The J/E meeting is with our parent club, the LSCC and it has been on Thursday nite for a long time. Other Marauder groups have a regular monthly meeting ---breakfast, lunch or dinner at a nice place where you can enjoy seeing each other and planning special events the group wants to participate in as a group. All of us have our individual likes and we also have familys to consider and sometimes choose not to come--what's wrong with that ??? There are too many great things we can do to get all upset over any one thing. During the Car Show season, we used the Chucks show to get together--I was just trying to do something til the shows restart in April.
Now, I'll try this again:
I have talked to the owner of Le Pepe Restaurant at Harwood and Central (about 3/4 mile North of 183) in Bedford. We can have any time on Sat or Sunday if we make it a regular thing--they are open from 7:30 AM til 3 PM. They can accomodate up to 50 people in a separate dining room and they have a great menu--very moderate prices and large servings.

Chuck's in Grapevine has made the same offer--they don't open til 11 AM

There are Hooter's in Grapevine and Hurst

I don't know how to set up a poll---so humor me by "voting " in this thread. There is NO WAY youi can make everyone happy--you just have to go with the largest group---so vote for your choice and give us a chance to get something going. I'll go anywhere anytime---if we don't get this settled we can lose a chance for having a great time. See you Thursday (I'll be there early for Maint.) Maury

hdwrench
01-11-2005, 10:02 PM
it is all good at hooters...everyday... sunday is best for me and sports fans can watch tv if they feel it is better than the scenery provided

hdwrench
01-11-2005, 10:11 PM
sunday morn/afternoon, for me is also way more convenient than a thursday night meeting... id probably have to leave work early to get to J/E for the meeting then have to drive home another hour afterwards... get up early and drive 1 hr to work the next day. :(

id rather meet on a sunday and BS with the members instead of having some kind of structured meeting. i am sure they are needed but not my thing. it is more fun (for me anyway) when i am not rushing to get to the meeting and worrying about getting home at a decent hour becuase i have to get up early for work.

hdwrench
01-11-2005, 10:28 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15177

i guess u guys had already made plans anyway

Redster
01-12-2005, 07:18 AM
My suggestion is to set up a breakfast once a month, the 3rd Sunday at the same place every month. Once the show at Chuck's starts up, it would replace this gathering on the 3rd weekend of the month (IF I remember correctly the SVT show is on the 3rd weekend) .Everyone will know the place and time and if they want to go they can. If they don't OK. I would NOT talk to the manager about reserving a room, just wait and see how many show up. If it turns it to a big thing, then we can reserve a room.
I agree with HDWRENCH it is a big hassle for me to get to JE for the LSCC meetings.

cruzer
01-12-2005, 08:32 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15177

i guess u guys had already made plans anyway
the plan to go to the Ranch were made months ago and would not have interfered with any planned meeting---I have other commitments I was not aware of til this week. Besides , it was stupid of me to plan 2 meetings in one week---gotta get my head screwd on straight---the holidays really got my plans for the next month in a mess--am working on it--If you would like--send me a PM and we can discuss things privately--again, I'm sorry I messed things up-- :help: :help: :help: :help: Maury

jfclancy
01-12-2005, 11:47 AM
the plan to go to the Ranch were made months ago and would not have interfered with any planned meeting---I have other commitments I was not aware of til this week. Besides , it was stupid of me to plan 2 meetings in one week---gotta get my head screwd on straight---the holidays really got my plans for the next month in a mess--am working on it--If you would like--send me a PM and we can discuss things privately--again, I'm sorry I messed things up-- :help: :help: :help: :help: Maury
Hey Maury
Sure did not mean to start a war , football NFL type is the only sport I pay much attention to anyway. Just seemed to me if we have a meeting and folks can not make it then the folks that do make the decisions when you start having 2-3 4 meetings and if You want to be involved you have to go to all of them. Well sorry so I will make the John Eagle meeting and see what happens, free Pizza is highly influential also LOL.

see you thurs night.
Joe Clancy :beer: :beer: :beer:

Two Hawks
01-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Maury,
Always looking for a reason to cruse and hang out with the gang. :banana2::banana2:
it is all good at hooters... :dunno: hdwrench, but I don’t think the little lady would understand meetings at Hooters, not to mention the cold shower after I got home. :rofl:

Also, seems to me like it might be a little hard :D to keep my mind on the meeting. :lol:

Sorry:o , it was that other hawk trying to add some levity to an otherwise serious thread.:bump:

I kinda like the Chucks idea or somewhere in that vacintity on the same weekend and maybe continue it in conjunction with the Chucks Cruise Nights thing. Besides, my baby knows the way there.:D

hdwrench
01-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Hey Maury
Sure did not mean to start a war ,
i wasnt tryin to either and if it came across like that ...sorry.

hey you cant please 100% of the people 100% of the time... right?

im just glad someone like maury tries to get things organized because i know i wouldnt want that job! :)

Vortex
01-12-2005, 05:21 PM
I will have problems attending sometimes whether its during the week or on weekends because of my job. I think the meeting at J/E is fine but I probably wont be able to attend many of those and will hopefully see you guys when there are things planned on the weekend. For me Saturdays or Sundays are fine if anybody wants to just pick a place to meet up informally . Chucks seemed ok to me and it looks like they have good chow there, but breakfast on Saturday or Sunday someplace else is ok too. I dont think we would need to make any prearrangements with management unless we start getting 15-20 cars showing up I bet. Anyway, my dos centavos. :drive:

RVT04
01-13-2005, 08:10 AM
Meeting Reminder!

Hope to see you there.

Bob

NOT GOING TO MAKE THIS MO. MEETING I WILL BE HEADED BACK HOME FROM RADIATION THERAPY WITH MOM @ 1800 HOURS TONITE
SO THE TURN AROUND WOULD GET ME BACK TO LSCC JUST IN TIME TO MISS THE MEETING
LOL

jfclancy
01-14-2005, 12:01 PM
not Going To Make This Mo. Meeting I Will Be Headed Back Home From Radiation Therapy With Mom @ 1800 Hours Tonite
So The Turn Around Would Get Me Back To Lscc Just In Time To Miss The Meeting
Lol

Well it seems it was decided to have a meeting at the LSCC meeting, I was hoping the folks who were there would get a chance to discuss whatever plans Maury has set up. But from what I could tell all that was decided was to have a meeting at Chuck's hamburgers at 1700 on Sunday evening. As the
LSCC meeting took up all the time and it was cold, for Texas, :when we went outside all I heard was ok now lets vote on a meeting place. So I guess someone will let us know what is decided by the folks who go to that meeting.
This is all way too confusing, complicated or just messed up for me so Y'all
take care.

Joe Clancy :argue: :mad: :bs:

2003 MIB
01-14-2005, 12:25 PM
But from what I could tell all that was decided was to have a meeting at Chuck's hamburgers at 1700 on Sunday evening.
What I gathered was:
Chuck's in Grapevine. 1700 on 30JAN05.

Chris- Yeah, I'm glad Maury does this too- it would not suit my skills/talents very well. He seems to enjoy it (no, he really does). Please everybody 100% of the time????? I hope you don't invest a nanosecond toward this lofty goal. Our local group is a strange confederation of heartbreakers, groundpounders, handgunners, headbangers, cliffdwellers and mouth breathers. The only thing we ever all agree on is that the Marauder is a cool car. The rest of the time is like nailing Jello to the wall. It was even wilder when Logan and Petro were local. I, for one, wouldn't have it any other way.

hdwrench
01-14-2005, 07:48 PM
What I gathered was:

Chris- Yeah, I'm glad Maury does this too- it would not suit my skills/talents very well. He seems to enjoy it (no, he really does). Please everybody 100% of the time????? I hope you don't invest a nanosecond toward this lofty goal. Our local group is a strange confederation of heartbreakers, groundpounders, handgunners, headbangers, cliffdwellers and mouth breathers. The only thing we ever all agree on is that the Marauder is a cool car. The rest of the time is like nailing Jello to the wall. It was even wilder when Logan and Petro were local. I, for one, wouldn't have it any other way.well put :lol:

Two Hawks
01-15-2005, 01:21 AM
What I gathered was:

Chris- Yeah, I'm glad Maury does this too- it would not suit my skills/talents very well. He seems to enjoy it (no, he really does). Please everybody 100% of the time????? I hope you don't invest a nanosecond toward this lofty goal. Our local group is a strange confederation of heartbreakers, groundpounders, handgunners, headbangers, cliffdwellers and mouth breathers. The only thing we ever all agree on is that the Marauder is a cool car. The rest of the time is like nailing Jello to the wall. It was even wilder when Logan and Petro were local. I, for one, wouldn't have it any other way.What he said.:2thumbs: All Hail Maury! :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows:

and, Hale Yea! the Marauder is a cool car. :burnout:

See yall there. :D

"Be there... or be square" - (quote) Agent K, MIB :cool:

Vortex
01-15-2005, 08:29 AM
Sounds good to me.:cool5:

RVT04
01-15-2005, 01:28 PM
What I gathered was:

Chris- Yeah, I'm glad Maury does this too- it would not suit my skills/talents very well. He seems to enjoy it (no, he really does). Please everybody 100% of the time????? I hope you don't invest a nanosecond toward this lofty goal. Our local group is a strange confederation of heartbreakers, groundpounders, handgunners, headbangers, cliffdwellers and mouth breathers. The only thing we ever all agree on is that the Marauder is a cool car. The rest of the time is like nailing Jello to the wall. It was even wilder when Logan and Petro were local. I, for one, wouldn't have it any other way.
so to jump in on the tail end
as usual
i like things the way they are two
so is it jan. 30 the sunday afternoon at 1700 hours at chucks?
that weekend will be a turnaround from sport to take mom home and i will need some supper without cooking so linda and i may make that
would love to see everyone
this week going to austin on thurs. and fri. be back sat.
then la the next weekend, good thing we be drivin THE GREATEST CAR ON THE PLANET! :awe:
HOWEVER THINKING OF THE GUYS FROM DOWN SOUTH --SUNDAY AFTERNOON AIN'T QUITE FAIR TO THEM AS THATS A LONG DRIVE HOME ON SUNDAY NITE AND THEN TO WORK ON MONDAY MORNING
SO HOW ABOUT A SATURDAY MEET AT CHUCKS JUST AS IF IT WAS THE SUMMER SVT SCHEDULE?
LOL
MORE CONFUSION - of course i would miss that as i would be on the road
the 29th
sr

cruzer
01-15-2005, 10:19 PM
:help: :help: My hope is that enough people will show up at this one get-together to have a quorum to discuss some very ambitious plans for the MARAUDERS---I'm as tired of the confusion as you are and am trying to find a solution, but I can't do it alone---others have to help make decisions---this is a one-of-a-kind meeting to decide where and when WE will meet--please make it if you can and everyone will have a chance to be a part of the decisions that will determine how much fun we are going to have in the future. We are a great, diversified, fun-loving, Marauder-loving group--let's settle down and get our show on the road--Hope to see you at Chuck's, Maury :) :beer: :banana: :bows: :banana2: :burnout:

Vortex
01-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Found out today I will be working in Houston over that weekend and dont get back til the following Tuesday. Great.:corner:

crowdog
01-20-2005, 11:13 AM
so to jump in on the tail end
as usual
i like things the way they are two
so is it jan. 30 the sunday afternoon at 1700 hours at chucks?
that weekend will be a turnaround from sport to take mom home and i will need some supper without cooking so linda and i may make that
would love to see everyone
this week going to austin on thurs. and fri. be back sat.
then la the next weekend, good thing we be drivin THE GREATEST CAR ON THE PLANET! :awe:
HOWEVER THINKING OF THE GUYS FROM DOWN SOUTH --SUNDAY AFTERNOON AIN'T QUITE FAIR TO THEM AS THATS A LONG DRIVE HOME ON SUNDAY NITE AND THEN TO WORK ON MONDAY MORNING
SO HOW ABOUT A SATURDAY MEET AT CHUCKS JUST AS IF IT WAS THE SUMMER SVT SCHEDULE?
LOL
MORE CONFUSION - of course i would miss that as i would be on the road
the 29th
sr
It's a 4 hour (one way) drive now that I'm a Texan hiding out in Oklahoma, but NTM is the closest congregation of Marauders I can be involved with. So , if the meeting is 1700 30JAN05, I'll be there 1600 30JAN05. I'm just going to keep my eye on this thread and see if anything changes, and I'll see you guys @ Chucks.

hdwrench
01-20-2005, 06:14 PM
id prefer if it was an earlier time than 5pm myself.

another thing to consider... if there is a large group wouldnt you want to have time to take pics before it got dark? we need a good group pic.

hdwrench
01-21-2005, 09:28 PM
hello? bueller?

:whistle:

i hear crickets in the background

Two Hawks
01-21-2005, 10:21 PM
hello? bueller?

:whistle:

i hear crickets in the background:rofl:

I will be there to greet my friend crowdog who's planning on being there by 4:00 (I think his foot is a little heavier than he realizes) so I'll be there about 3:30.:D
Maybe there are others who can get there a little earlier and we can take some pics.:banana2: :banana2:

cruzer
01-23-2005, 09:20 PM
From all the comments, it looks like 4 PM would be better for most people---sooooo, 4 PM it is---if you have made plans and can't make the 4 PM, come on at 5PM, I'm sure some of us will still be there.
PLACE----Chucks in Grapevine
DATE-----Jan 30th
TIME-----4 PM
We'll have a report on the MSR trip and plan for our Spring Picnic in April and possibly a trip to a 1/4 mile drag strip while the temps are cool. John has a great idea he will put up for consideration, so it should be a good get-together---bring your appetite and enjoy a Chucks Burger---See a lot of you there---I Hope--I hope ---I hope, Maury

cyclone03
01-24-2005, 08:25 PM
Maury,
Can you post "Chucks" address so I can Map Quest my way there?

cruzer
01-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Chucks Restaurant, 1469 West Hwy 114, Grapevine, TX. Checked it out on Mapquest---right location.Additional Info---if you are coming from Hwy 121X hwy114--head west--get off at Hwy 26 (Colleyville ) exit. A large Target store will be on your right---turn into Target---Chucks is immediately on your left. If you come up Hwy 26 (Grapevine Hwy )----go under Hwy 114 heading NorthEast Take first entrance to your right into Target parkin area---we will be in the lot on your left---sorry about the delay---updated my AOL---was down intermittently for 2 days---hope to see you there---Maury

crowdog
01-31-2005, 09:31 AM
I am trying to plan a get-together of every possible Marauder owner in the area:
PLACE----Chucks Hamburgers in Grapevine
DATE-----Saturday, January 15th ( or Sunday Jan. 16th)
TIME-----????? that's up to you--they're open from 11 AM til 10 PM
or
PLACE----Le Pepe Restaurant in Bedford (Harwood and Central)
DATE-----None set
TIME-----Breakfast is served from 8 AM til 11 AM
I need to know a date and time before I can reserve the dining room---plenty of parking spaces
P L E A S E expess your preferences--I've made the contacts--just let me know.
The plans for activities are being made and we need to know how many owners are going to participate---there will be things planned that everyone will enjoy. I would sure like to see the group that was very active in 2003 come to these meetings---we have missed you.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING----NOW !!!!!!!!!
Maury
How did the meet go? I was unable to attend because I was injured on Thurs and unable to make the trip , after 3 weeks of planning and anticipation.Really sorry I missed everyone. Could someone PM me and let me know what transpired , I don't want to miss anything else?

cruzer
01-31-2005, 09:58 PM
In spite of hard rain and cold weather, 9 very wet Marauders and a Ford truck were parked in the Chuck's parking lot. The stories started flying and we found out that Buckwheat's Marauder will be on it's way to St. Louis for complete modified engine installation---the engine has not been torn down--so, no definite info on cause of failure---if anyone has successfully down-loaded the the fireball film, John would sure appreciate a cd or dvd copy. Plans for 2005 were put in motion--a picnic is planned for Saturday, April 23rd. It will be the same day the Chucks Cruise has it's first show of the year and we plan to do the caravan--cruise like we did last year. We are going to watch the weather and see if we can sneak in a trip to Cherokee County Raceway for some friendly WOT 1/4s. Also in the plans is another trip to Motor Sport Ranch for some road course fun ( I'm really hooked on this fun---gotta try it in my car!!!!). Our regular monthly meeting will be held in conjunction with the Grapevine Chucks SVT show---just show up 1 hour before registration starts ----that will be 4 PM starting in May (picnic in April). Those of us who are members of the Lone Star Cougar Club will also have our meeting on the 2nd Thursday of the month at John Eagel L/M ( I highly recommend this membership if you are in the Metroplex--lots of advantages and fun). In addition, anyone who would like company for breakfast--lunch, etc can just post " I'll be at _______ at _____, anyone interested?" or some such message and see who shows up--we are a varied group with one common affliction--The Mercury Marauder--so we want to have something for everyone. There are no plans to form a formal group at the present time---stay loose and have fun.
The brave folks attending were---Buckwheat (John and Gina)
RTVO4 (Steve)
Rollin' Thunder (Bill)
Rodster (Rod)
hdwrench (Chris)
MAD3R ( Phil and Natasha)
TwoHawks (Sam)
2003MIB (Dan and Coli)
Greg Chennault and Daughter(New Member)
Me
It looks like this will be a great year for the NTM---Let me know of anything you think the others would be interested in and we'll make it happen if enough are interested ( bring a tune-up specialist in for a visit ???????) LET'S HAVE SOME FUN !!!! Maury

Vortex
02-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Sorry I missed the cold, rainy meeting here. I was working in cold, rainy Houston all weekend and at least glad to finally be back home.