PDA

View Full Version : Houston Area Marauders (HAMS) Meet Jan 8.....

wchain
01-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Deadvic and I are going to get together for a Houston Area Marauders (HAMS) meet saturday night.

OK WAIT WAIT WAIT!
The Firestone West Road Car show has been moved. Its actually an official event now with Law Enforcement on site!!! They outgrew the Firestone Parking lot!!

Now at the Sam's Club Parking lot at Hwy 6 and I-10 Katy Freeway. The people arrive around 6:30 and park behind Brother's Pizza/Charcoal Chicken.

This is an easy place to find. Sam's Club is located on the northwest Corner of Hwy 6 and I-10.

Look for my DTR MM out there!

My Dad's boss is out there with his Yellow Chevelle , complete with 502 big block.

Any other MMs are more than welcome to come out and have a good time!]
PM me with any questions.

marauder307, you need to ask off from work. :D

DeadVic
01-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Wes-

Thanks for posting. I am going to have to clean up under the hood. I can't stand it anymore and this is a good excuse...

I'll bring a couple of them comfy sling chairs. I have four so if anyone else needs one lemme know...

wchain
01-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Wes-

Thanks for posting. I am going to have to clean up under the hood. I can't stand it anymore and this is a good excuse...

I'll bring a couple of them comfy sling chairs. I have four so if anyone else needs one lemme know...

I'll bring a couple of mine too, they got A&M all over em! :banana:

texasvic
01-05-2005, 03:59 PM
I'll be there :beer:

wchain
01-06-2005, 07:16 AM
I'll be there :beer:

You wanna meet there or somewhere else first and arrive as a mob? i.e. meet @ target parking lot and then all drive over there?

texasvic
01-06-2005, 08:55 AM
meet @ target parking lot and then all drive over there?
That souds good. Could you bring the zip tube along with you.

cyclone03
01-06-2005, 09:05 AM
I've been thinking of making the drive from San Antonio if you guys will have me.
Can you post up the location so an out of towner can find it? :)

engine23ccvfd
01-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Cool thats pretty close to my house....if the weather is nice I might stop by on my new Harley...if it gets out of the shop Friday night like its supposed too (1000 mile maint)

wchain
01-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Cool thats pretty close to my house....if the weather is nice I might stop by on my new Harley...if it gets out of the shop Friday night like its supposed too (1000 mile maint)

OK WAIT WAIT WAIT!
The Firestone West Road Car show has been moved. Its actually an official event now with Law Enforcement on site!!! They outgrew the Firestone Parking lot!!

Now at the Sam's Club Parking lot at Hwy 6 and I-10 Katy Freeway. The people arrive around 6:30 and park behind Brother's Pizza/Charcoal Chicken.

This is an easy place to find. Sam's Club is located on the northwest Corner of Hwy 6 and I-10. For details, please contact me

Look for my DTR MM out there!

wchain
01-06-2005, 09:50 AM
I've been thinking of making the drive from San Antonio if you guys will have me.
Can you post up the location so an out of towner can find it? :)

ABSOLUTELY!

Just take I-10 East, to State Hwy 6. Make a left (not a U turn) under the freeway, and under the underpass, you'll see Sams club on the left.

Call me/PM if u have questions

mrjones
01-06-2005, 10:03 AM
OK WAIT WAIT WAIT!
The Firestone West Road Car show has been moved. Now at the Sam's Club Parking lot at Hwy 6 and I-10 Katy Freeway.

Hope to see y'all there. I'm gonna try to come down and combine this with a trip to the boat show Sat morning. I'm surprised about the location, though. That Sam's lot is always full. I've got a friend that lives out west of Katy, and that Sam's club is usually our meeting place when I come in to town.

Looks like the weather is supposed to be good Sat.

wchain
01-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Hope to see y'all there. I'm gonna try to come down and combine this with a trip to the boat show Sat morning. I'm surprised about the location, though. That Sam's lot is always full. I've got a friend that lives out west of Katy, and that Sam's club is usually our meeting place when I come in to town.

Looks like the weather is supposed to be good Sat.

OK so thats
2 Houston Marauders (Confirmed)
1 Firefighter on a Harley
1 Lufkin Marauder (Confirmed)
1 San Antonio Marauder (possibly)
1 Crown Vic

I was thikning afterwards it might be fun to Convoy somewhere for dinner, i.e. 59 Diner on Katy Freeway or perhaps Taco Cabana On Westheimer and Gessner? Would be fun to get some exposure on the road too :D :D :D

Chime in if u have any suggestions to where.

Wes

texasvic
01-06-2005, 11:28 AM
1 Crown Vic
I feel so alone :(

wchain
01-06-2005, 12:09 PM

I'll see if Some of the guys from the CVN group wanna go.

DeadVic
01-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey man, my vic died for my Marauder to be born. I'll sit in your Vic for old times sake and shed a tear...

I'm looking forward to it. Should we try to meet up a mile or so away and roll in together? That way we can all display next to one another.

Wes, any suggestions on that idea?

texasvic
01-06-2005, 12:15 PM
my vic died for my Marauder to be born.
Not a bad trade :D

engine23ccvfd
01-06-2005, 12:42 PM
We could meet in front of Waffle House which is in the Sams parking lot (on the front side)

wchain
01-06-2005, 12:47 PM
We could meet in front of Waffle House which is in the Sams parking lot (on the front side)

OK, what time? 6:20 or 6:30 to get primo parking.....Are u brining the 2 wheel or 4 wheeled beast?

Oh and by the way, I am having some banners made
"Houston Area Marauders"
I'll have a few there in silver and white.

MM03MOK
01-06-2005, 01:56 PM
OK, what time? 6:20 or 6:30 to get primo parking.....Are u brining the 2 wheel or 4 wheeled beast?

Oh and by the way, I am having some banners made
"Houston Area Marauders"
I'll have a few there in silver and white.Get the guy a DTR and see what happens?? :run:

wchain
01-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Get the guy a DTR and see what happens?? :run:

So Whats gunna happen when I get a blower? :burnout:

JohnE
01-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Sounds like a good idea, I'll try to make it out there.

John

texasvic
01-06-2005, 05:03 PM
I would love to see the supercharged GM

mrjones
01-06-2005, 08:05 PM

Hell, you shouldn't - Most of the people there will think we're ALL Crown Vic's. But to me, that's part of the fun. I like having something unusual.

DeadVic
01-07-2005, 07:15 AM
waffle house. get there by 6:20. We roll up to Sam's at 6:21.

cool?

Wes, you have a PM on the way.

wchain
01-07-2005, 07:19 AM
waffle house. get there by 6:20. We roll up to Sam's at 6:21.

cool?

Wes, you have a PM on the way.

Sounds like a plan to me. Anyone for a cruise to eat somewhere afterwards? I.e. 59 Diner on I-10 or somewhere on westheimer?

:D :party:

Haggis
01-07-2005, 08:15 AM
So Whats gunna happen when I get a blower? :burnout:

One answer.... :D

wchain
01-07-2005, 09:16 PM
One answer.... :D
:bump::up:

txdpsp71
01-08-2005, 12:09 PM
I should be there also...depends how much I can get done around the house this afternoon. I've been in Dallas most of the week and have to go to work tonight (11p)....

-Tony

texasvic
01-08-2005, 01:13 PM
WooHoo another CV :D

cyclone03
01-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Sorry I didn't make it guys.Maybe next time.

wchain
01-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Sorry I didn't make it guys.Maybe next time.

Hey there! Sorry you didnt make it either.

Maybe Next time!

WHOA! What a meet! We had SEVEN Panthers show up!!

TxDPSP71, TexasVic, JohnE, Rauder, Mr. Jones, Deadvic, and Myself made it to the event, and we got quite a bit of looks. I hope we can do this in the summer again when the weather is good and it doesn't get dark until 8 or 9 PM.

Thanks to TexasVic for takin pics! :cool:

I hope that we can get together on a monthly basis to promote awareness of the platform and great fellowship among members. Oh yeah, modifications are contagious. I already know whats on my wish list of mods :burnout: :burnout:

We hung around for a while then had some dinner at 59 Diner. It was cool to see all the Panthers in the parking lot lined up, 5 cars taking 10 spaces. :D

Anyway, Thanks to each and every one of you that showed up tonight, this was a really cool event, I had a blast!!!

Wes

texasvic
01-08-2005, 10:51 PM
I was great seeing all you guys; I hope we can do it again. I was having a little trouble keeping up with up guys going to the 59 Diner, but I never lost ya'll :D

Hey what's happening on the 29th?

RAUDER
01-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Enjoyed the meet folks! Wes, that DTR is awesome! Look forward to the next meet.

See ya
Sam

mrjones
01-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Yep, I had a good time too, although it was after midnight when I got home. That's getting late for an old fart. The MM even survived with no damage, even though I used it to kill a rabbit at about 80mph between Livingston and Corrigan. Funny thing is, I killed a possum in almost exactly the same spot LAST time I went to Houston.

Was a kick seeing 5 Marauders and the other 2 Panthers all at once.

JohnE
01-09-2005, 07:52 PM
We'll have to do this again.

Sam, thanks again for the ride, I owe ya one next time.

John

wchain
01-09-2005, 09:52 PM
We'll have to do this again.

Sam, thanks again for the ride, I owe ya one next time.

John

Texasvic, where are the PICS???/

marauder307
01-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Well, sh-t. Sorry I didn't make it folks...just got off duty this morning about 0715...was up through the night. I'll have next Sat. off tho...I hope. Hard to keep to a schedule around here. Wchain, if anything else is comin' up, lemme know...I'll see about coming out for it. Keep me in mind!

texasvic
01-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Texasvic, where are the PICS???/ Trust me you don't want to see them. I don't know what happened, I normally take "ok" pics. The camera was not being friendly.

Here's one from the 59 Diner
http://www.crownvic.net/texasvic/59Diner.jpg

engine23ccvfd
01-10-2005, 06:25 AM
Well I have to apologoze as well. I had every intention of meeting everyone at the Waffle House but I got stuck in bed with the cold/flu thing that has been going around.

Hope all had fun :)

DeadVic
01-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Thanks to everyone for the hospitality and discussion. I enjoyed it.

John E- Can you post some details on that 1/25?? Baytown test and tune by starting a new thread here? I'd like to see any momentum of the Houston group keep moving forward.

Wes- Dude- I need to name/digits of the windshield person you use.

Brian