PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles - Meet - Early February.

Directedby
01-06-2005, 12:30 PM
I am trying to get together a meet at LACR for the West Coast Marauders.

LACR (Los Angeles County Raceway) is a 1/4 mile race track, 45 minutes north of Los Angeles.

Has anyone in LA gone to this track?

I am thinking of a Saturday or Sunday meet in February, however, their schedule is tricky to figure out and I can't get anyone there on the phone.

Anyway, please chime in.

http://www.lacr.net/index.html

RocketCouch
01-06-2005, 01:32 PM
I am trying to get together a meet at LACR for the West Coast Marauders.

LACR (Los Angeles County Raceway) is a 1/4 mile race track, 45 minutes north of Los Angeles.

Has anyone in LA gone to this track?

I am thinking of a Saturday or Sunday meet in February, however, their schedule is tricky to figure out and I can't get anyone there on the phone.

Anyway, please chime in.

February the 5th is a Test and Tune at LACR. I'm in, lets go!

Directedby
01-06-2005, 08:08 PM
February the 5th is a Test and Tune at LACR. I'm in, lets go!

Does Test and Tune mean it is open to public for 1/4 mile timeslips?

Feb 5th sounds great to me.

JamesHecker
01-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Feb 5 sounds great!

Looking forward to it!

NAVCHAP
01-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Will be there in February Gents, and BTW, if anyone wants to hang out at the LA Auto Show, PM or call me. Saturday 15 January, definitely want to go. -kjs-

mercutio
01-07-2005, 09:35 AM
I'll try to make it to the Feb 5th meet. Mind if I invite some other Tbird people? I've been trying to get people interested in a meet for big Ford/L-M cars.

Directedby
01-07-2005, 11:58 AM
I'll try to make it to the Feb 5th meet. Mind if I invite some other Tbird people? I've been trying to get people interested in a meet for big Ford/L-M cars.

All other folks welcome.

RocketCouch
01-07-2005, 06:47 PM
I'll get the CV gang out there.

Hey, does someone want to call the track to make sure this is open to the public? Wonder why they don't have street legal drags on wed/fri night...

Directedby
01-07-2005, 08:28 PM
I'll get the CV gang out there.

Hey, does someone want to call the track to make sure this is open to the public? Wonder why they don't have street legal drags on wed/fri night...

I sent LACR an email - no answer and I have called them but it is impossible to get anyone on the phone. I will post a message on LACR board to see if they respond.

ParkRanger
01-10-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm in Paul.

PR :burnout:

dailydriver
01-10-2005, 01:04 PM
It's quite a drive but I will try and make it.

kode3
01-12-2005, 04:44 AM
OK, if I trek all the way down from Sacramento... People better show up! :mad2: hehe, j/k. Sounds like a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to it :)

So is anyone from the Sac area going? Maybe we could do a caravan thing.

NAVCHAP
01-12-2005, 05:50 AM
Folks, my schedule has changed, there is a ceremony on another ship in the morning, then our command has a function in the evening. So now it won't be possible for me to be there on 05 Feb 05. Regrets, -kjs-

Directedby
01-12-2005, 12:01 PM
What if we moved it up to JANUARY 23rd, SUNDAY?

Looked up weather - NO RAIN, sunny, highs of 68.

ParkRanger
01-12-2005, 02:39 PM
What if we moved it up to JANUARY 23rd, SUNDAY?

Looked up weather - NO RAIN, sunny, highs of 68.

:( Too soon, Paul. Already committed. Later in Feb is better for me.

Deanna
01-18-2005, 10:08 PM
OK, if I trek all the way down from Sacramento... People better show up! :mad2: hehe, j/k. Sounds like a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to it :)

So is anyone from the Sac area going? Maybe we could do a caravan thing.
Hey, Jesse... Looks good so far that we're in..unless disaster strikes...!
Hope to see ya there!

Cheers, :D
Deanna:cool4:

RocketCouch
01-22-2005, 03:20 AM
Is this still on? What time is everyone going to show up?

Directedby
01-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Is this still on? What time is everyone going to show up?

As of now we are on for SATURDAY, FEB 5th.

As we get closer I will post more details in a new post.

Hope we can get GOOD TURNOUT.

Haven't heard from NBC SHOOTER - Ralph, come take some pics of us doing our 1/4 mile runs.

drgnrdr33
01-25-2005, 02:10 AM
Bummer. I'm WAAAY out of town that weekend. The Netherlands to be exact, where bicycles are preferred.....bunch of nutters.

Deanna
01-27-2005, 10:18 PM
We managed to get double booked for 5 Feb:depress: ... But I'm going to try:burnout:
to make both... Need more details so we can manage to get the
logistics together... :alone: Any update yet??? Pls advise asap... :help:

Cheers,;)
Deanna:cool:

Directedby
01-27-2005, 11:44 PM
We managed to get double booked for 5 Feb:depress: ... But I'm going to try:burnout:
to make both... Need more details so we can manage to get the
logistics together... :alone: Any update yet??? Pls advise asap... :help:

Cheers,;)

I am open to suggestions, but it would be great to meet there at 11:00 AM.

RocketCouch
01-28-2005, 11:04 AM

If they open gates at 9:00am I'll be there closer to that. I want to get some runs in. This'll be my first time to the track with the red car.

ParkRanger
01-28-2005, 12:22 PM

I'll be there at 11 unless things change..

Directedby
01-30-2005, 05:02 PM
So far we have ROCKETCOUCH, PARK RANGER, MERCUTIO, JAMES HECKER and maybe DEANNA.

NBC SHOOTER, what's up?

It's going to be 70 degrees and sunny and will be a blast, so let's get some more folks to this event.

How about some of the San Diego Marauders or Las Vegas Marauders.

Anyway, here is the website for directions.

Gates open at 9AM. I plan on getting there between 10-11.

:burn:

NAVCHAP
01-30-2005, 05:22 PM
West Coast MMs, sorry. Saturday 05 February is a busy day with a baptism on another ship and a mandatory command function later. Could never get back and forth between events. Hopefully next time. Wanted to take part in this.

Also, we will be planning a "Car Show" gathering on the ship. All makes and models, a morale builder for the crew.

You will be able to get a tour and snacks. If we can work out the details, you will be able to drive your car up the ramps and park on the flight deck.

Have to run it past the Legal officer. Liability issues, might require a waiver or hold harmless form.

We have a great 4th of July Party as well. You can sit on the flight deck and watch the fireworks displays from all around San Diego. Folks may want to plan ahead for that event. -kjs-

69mach1
01-30-2005, 07:05 PM
I will be at the dunes for this weekend, but I hope to make it to another event.
My workshop project is getting closer and my 69 Mach1 is ready for finish paint.
So the schedule reamains full.
Thanks, Jon :cool:

Ps. Keith, when is the car show on the ship?:banana2:

Deanna
01-30-2005, 08:39 PM
West Coast MMs, sorry. Saturday 05 February is a busy day with a baptism on another ship and a mandatory command function later. Could never get back and forth between events. Hopefully next time. Wanted to take part in this.

Also, we will be planning a "Car Show" gathering on the ship. All makes and models, a morale builder for the crew.

You will be able to get a tour and snacks. If we can work out the details, you will be able to drive your car up the ramps and park on the flight deck.

Have to run it past the Legal officer. Liability issues, might require a waiver or hold harmless form.

We have a great 4th of July Party as well. You can sit on the flight deck and watch the fireworks displays from all around San Diego. Folks may want to plan ahead for that event. -kjs-Bummer, Keith...but do remember that from my tours with Uncle's Canoe
Club...
The ship car show sounds awesome... :) I used to take our kids over
to North Island to see the fireworks up and down the coast when they
were little from the beach on the base. Now, that was FUN!:D
Keep us posted...
Looks like I'm not going to make LACR...Can't seem to figure out how
to be in Palmdale and Pomona simultaneously! I'm good, but I'm not
THAT good! :(

As I told the CVN folks... I'll keep an ear open, and if there are plans
to get together for food afterwards, maybe I can hop the hill and at
least say hi to everyone... I'll keep my eyes here on the board...:rolleyes:

Cheers,;)

RocketCouch
01-31-2005, 01:13 AM
So far we have ROCKETCOUCH, PARK RANGER, MERCUTIO, JAMES HECKER...

NBC SHOOTER, what's up?

We also have Johnny B and K from the CV boards. I think there are a few others who mentioned they'd be coming. I'll see if I can get some more troops together. I'll call NBC and see if he'll be coming.

I'll hopefully have my friend drive my other vic so we'll have a decent turnout :)

Sactown
01-31-2005, 08:36 AM
I am a 90% no go...to much stuff happening that weekend to accomodate the 800 miles of I-5 driving for my round trip. Maybe next time. Have a blast!

JamesHecker
02-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Sadly I will not be in attendence. I'll be at a funeral.

I can assure you I would rather be at the track!

NAVCHAP
02-05-2005, 04:57 PM
How was the meet today? Directedby's car looked ready to race in the photo! Sorry I missed out. -kjs-

mercutio
02-07-2005, 12:54 PM
I was only able to stick around until noon, but the Mustang ran a best of 12.19@121--not bad on street tires. Racing Rocketcouch in his Vic was pretty cool, that's a fast Crown Vic.