PDA

View Full Version : Car Detailing Question, . .

MM2004
01-09-2005, 07:09 AM
How many members are using a Micro-Fiber cloth to wash/dry their MM's and/or other vehicles?
A good friend of mine bought one for me from the guy that tinted our windows, and am sooooo impressed with this product that I will never buy another chamois again! ! !
I put it to the test yesterday as my MM was absolutely filthy :( . High pressure rinse. Wiped the car down with the Micro-Fiber cloth, rinsed again, drove it around the block then dried it off. It now looks like I just finished waxing it! :bows:
This is a great product, and would highly recommend to everyone!

Mike.

rookie1
01-09-2005, 07:17 AM
glad you like yours.

I bought one and tried it and was unimpressed. My MM is black and increasingly impossible to keep scratches off of and the microfiber towel I bought added some fine scratching.

sailsmen
01-09-2005, 07:18 AM
I use them but only on chrome and tinted windows. Reason the normal micro cloths can also pull the wax and other treatments off the vehicle.

They make micro cloths that are wax friendly, and they are specifically identified as such. :)

Patrick
01-09-2005, 08:06 AM
I have tried before and not with great reslults. But thanks for the info maybe someone else will find it usefull! :2thumbs:

Mike Poore
01-09-2005, 09:33 AM
How many members are using a Micro-Fiber cloth to wash/dry their MM's and/or other vehicles?
A good friend of mine bought one for me from the guy that tinted our windows, and am sooooo impressed with this product that I will never buy another chamois again! ! !
I put it to the test yesterday as my MM was absolutely filthy :( . High pressure rinse. Wiped the car down with the Micro-Fiber cloth, rinsed again, drove it around the block then dried it off. It now looks like I just finished waxing it! :bows:

Mike.:2thumbs: I forgot who posted the thread about the Meguiars polishing machine special, so we got one. Yesterday was it's first test on my Red 2002 F-150 just loaded with micro-scratches. It was fast, easy, and ALL the scratches are ...gone. We used the cleaner then the yellow wax and the results are fabulous. You guys coming to the CAM DOO today get to inspect the results on Barb's Aviator. (It'll be parked right next to Charlie's Bluerauder)

My advice? Get one of these gadgets. We have no reservations whatsoever about using the system on Sunshine.:sunshine:

97Snake1668
01-09-2005, 09:59 AM
I have used a microfiber cloth from here http://www.adamspolishes.com/ for about three years. I have used them on my black 97 Cobra, my black 99 Lightning, and now I use them on my 03 Cobra. They work amazing when combined with the quick detail spray. Plus the good thing about the detail spray is that there is no petroleum based products in it so that way it goes on and comes off with ease. Hopefully someday soon (when I find one) I will be able to use it on a MM.

Semper Fi,
Kris

Petrograde
01-09-2005, 10:31 AM
I use one too,.. I like it a lot. In fact, I got rid of my leather chamois.

It's about 70 degrees and sunny here right now. I'm gonna go wash all of the holiday grime off the MM and apply a few coats of Zaino. :D

Embassy
01-09-2005, 01:40 PM

Mike.
I keep a couple in the Vic's trunk, aka: the mobile detail shop.

Be sure to cut off any end seams and tags to prevent scratching.

You do have to be careful about using a mirco-fiber towel, or just about any towel for that matter, on a dusty car. I'd first "dust off" the surface with a California Car Duster and then use some detail spray and a microfiber towel to spruce up the exterior.

cmalo
01-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Petrograde,

Now you're bragging. It's about 28 degrees and miserable here in Michigan.

I love black cars - have two of 'em - but they are a b_-_- to keep clean and shiny.

Gotta love 70 and sunny in January.

c

Kramer
01-10-2005, 05:46 AM
I use nothing but microfibre.

Buy them in large packs at Costco.

mpearce
01-10-2005, 07:17 AM
I use a chamois for drying, and a microfiber for detailing with Zaino. I never really liked chamois before, until I decided to give one a try that I saw at Sams club. I figured what the heck. It was treated with cod fish oil I believe (which I'm sure most leather chamois are) and I followed all the instructions perfectly. I can't even tell you how well it performs, and how much I like it. It's unreal. It's soft, leaves no marks, and leaves no water. I don't know...maybe I got a good chamois. When I dry it though I lay it out flat, I don't crumple it up and leave it in a bucket. Even completely dry it's still pretty soft to the touch, Ive had some that felt like a pice of sand paper.

-Mat