PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy blower and u/d FEAD pulleys

RF Overlord
01-11-2005, 01:18 PM
My car currently has Steeda U/D pulleys (from Dennis) and I am going to be installing my Trilogy kit #61 in the spring...any issues with leaving the U/D pulleys in place, or should I restore the originals?

MikesMerc
01-11-2005, 01:58 PM
If the UD set comes with a smaller diam crank pulley, you can leave them in place, but you might want to consider swapping to the next smaller pulley size on the blower to keep the blower rpms up.

CRUZTAKER
01-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Mike knows blowers....;)

Lidio
01-11-2005, 03:33 PM
My car currently has Steeda U/D pulleys (from Dennis) and I am going to be installing my Trilogy kit #61 in the spring...any issues with leaving the U/D pulleys in place, or should I restore the originals?

The best thing to do is go back to all the stock pulleys when the Trilogy goes on. The Trilogy kit and what it does with the front accessory drive stuff is extensive and relies on all the stock pulleys to be there, especially the crank and water pump pulley's.

RF Overlord
01-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Thank you, Lidio...

Boy...NOW I'm glad I saved the originals...heh...

Logan
01-11-2005, 03:58 PM
What Lidio said. AFTER it's together, then you can play if you want to, but I suspect you won't want to.

Jerry Barnes
01-11-2005, 05:35 PM

Bob,

I have asked Lidio to give me an opinion about your question since it relates to the manner in which your car is tuned. I will give you a call in a couple of days, but it sounds like people are already responding to your post.

Thanks again.

Jerry

Marauderman
01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
.......oh no.!!!......you ..with go fast goodies............can only imagine what we will hear after that is installed.........you know what we're all thinking when that happens don't ya!!!........

Tallboy
01-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Congratulations again, RF. It sounds like this will be another self-install, [is that the case?] you won't be disappointed!:burnout: :burnout: