PDA

View Full Version : Latest Mod

RVT04
01-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Been thinking this over for awhile, talked about it with mib, and we have experienced the same feeling about it
so here goes;
i'm not saying this is the best mod for your personal application of the marauder, but one real good thing about it is , IT DOESN'T VOID YOUR WARRANTY!
go out into the world with your cheap sunglasses and find an old 300 cid 6- cyl. pickup that needs some work and spend a little time and money to get it street legal. (this is just to build a relationship with the truck) not anything real fancy mind you. and then push it back and forth to work for awhile, as long as you can stand it should do the trick.
then, when you feel like you are missing something, like your best birddog or favorite t-shirt, or other important someone,: :help:
get into your MM and go for a blast around the county-take her out and hammer her good;
I GUARANTEE IT'S THE BEST FEELING YOU EVER GOT, JUST LIKE THE FIRST TIME, ALL OVER AGAIN!

JUST A THOUGHT!

Rollin'Thunder
01-15-2005, 08:24 PM
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! I drive the f-150 to work all week and drive MM on the weekend and special functions and it feels Soooooo Gooooood! :2thumbs: :D :D :D

HwyCruiser
01-15-2005, 08:26 PM
I know what your talking about!

To appease the wife we buy a Minivan as the 3rd vehicle. Oh she wanted one so bad. I figured great, I'll drive the Escape and let the MM rest over the winter. Guess who's been driving the Minivan... she won't give up her AWD, sticking me to run around like a soccer mom. Does anyone realize how little respect you get / how much self-respect you loose driving around a Minivan??!! (sorry James :D)

At last, the weather and roads were finally decent enough today to take the MM for a spin. I run by the Citgo and put 10 gals of 100 octane in her for *****s and giggles and then take off for a romp. What a blast! 17 deg outside and she's driving the best she ever has. If only it wasn't for the snow tires...

Oh well, tucked back in the garage now. Now where's the keys to the Minivan? :depress:

wchain
01-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Been thinking this over for awhile, talked about it with mib, and we have experienced the same feeling about it
so here goes;
i'm not saying this is the best mod for your personal application of the marauder, but one real good thing about it is , IT DOESN'T VOID YOUR WARRANTY!
go out into the world with your cheap sunglasses and find an old 300 cid 6- cyl. pickup that needs some work and spend a little time and money to get it street legal. (this is just to build a relationship with the truck) not anything real fancy mind you. and then push it back and forth to work for awhile, as long as you can stand it should do the trick.
then, when you feel like you are missing something, like your best birddog or favorite t-shirt, or other important someone,: :help:
get into your MM and go for a blast around the county-take her out and hammer her good;
I GUARANTEE IT'S THE BEST FEELING YOU EVER GOT, JUST LIKE THE FIRST TIME, ALL OVER AGAIN!

JUST A THOUGHT!

HAHAHA!
Read my siggy!!
Going from truck to car, I feel SOOOOO GREAT!

cruzer
01-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Well, maybe I'm so old enjoy every little pleasure every day I can---so, every time I get in the Marauder, it's just like day one---what will we do today ???
Ginny doesn't drive , so the MM is our only car--I am family chauffer all the time---try doing that, restore an airplane, restore a car, shuttle grand kids, settle family problems---Oh H---, life is great !!!! Having the Marauder to drive keeps me sane ( ?). Anyway, remember, there will never be another "today" so enjoy it :) Maury

Patrick
01-15-2005, 10:27 PM
so here goes;

JUST A THOUGHT!

:bows: :bows: :bows: :high5:

DEFYANT
01-15-2005, 10:50 PM
so here goes;

JUST A THOUGHT!
I can relate totally!

I usually drive the minivan or company car for short trips around town. WHen I am off and need to make my rounds, it in the MM. I dove the cobra the other day. Shes been resting quietly in the garage sine the MM came home. All I can say is god dayum I will miss it when its gone.

Bradley G
01-16-2005, 12:09 AM
I retired/sold an '86 f-250 460 CID that was my dads.I drove it for fourteen years until I got Maruderitis! If they ever find a cure I won't be taking it, cause I'm still in denial!;) I drive my e-150 conversion when I need pennance,or when the wife takes the Marauder.

Bradley G

Bigdogjim
01-16-2005, 01:07 AM
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! I drive the f-150 to work all week and drive MM on the weekend and special functions and it feels Soooooo Gooooood! :2thumbs: :D :D :D

Funny I do the same thing:)

Use the F-150 ('92 5.0 V-8) save the Marauder for the weekend:)

Life is good :cool:

Redster
01-16-2005, 11:15 AM
I only drive my MM on weekends, usually only on Sunday. So how in the heck did I drive 7300 (minus 3000 for MVII and a trip to Tulsa) miles this past year?? Having some fun somewhere? I will have had it one year this coming
Thursday.

MainEngDwarf
01-16-2005, 11:25 PM
I drive my 89 Full size Bronco in the winter, but when the skies clear, it's Marauder time :) . I call it culture shock when I go from the truck to the Marauder,(two differnt worlds). :D

Drives03Maraude
01-17-2005, 01:44 AM
I usually drive my familys 97 Land rover Disco except on weekends, but alas...her motor went pweeehewww! and has a bad rod knock. So she is gonna get replaced with a 4 bangin toyota pickup 4x4.....man, the rover was bad enough, if this aint gonna be culture shock...I dont know what is!

.....Until it snows :cuke:

-Dennis Stiles

rumble
01-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Hey guys, I dunno. With all due respect to your feelings this seems to me kinda
like banging your head against a wall because it feels so good when you quit.

GodOSpeed
01-17-2005, 02:50 PM
I park mine from Oct. to April and drive 6 & 4cyl all winter long... One can just imagine scaring the crap out of your self come the thaw! I can hardly wait! Although I have been sideways a time or two this winter it is not the same. ;)

wchain
01-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Hey guys, I dunno. With all due respect to your feelings this seems to me kinda
like banging your head against a wall because it feels so good when you quit.

But it feels so gooood!

WHen I get home tonight I'm going to sit in my MM and smell it for a while :P

wchain
01-21-2005, 09:02 AM
But it feels so gooood!

WHen I get home tonight I'm going to sit in my MM and smell it for a while :P

I just dropped mine off to get a head job and a new Cam

wchain
01-31-2005, 10:34 AM
I just dropped mine off to get a head job and a new Cam

Well she might be well enough to drive tomorrow. Just got off the phone with the machine shop. Shaved it down to run 9.5:1 Compression!!

:burnout: