PDA

View Full Version : Questions questions.........

KazMan
08-16-2002, 01:42 PM
Hi All,

This is my First Ford car. What I would like ta know Is, has, anybody installed a remote oil filter on the 4.6L
I'd like to do this, because I don't like the location of the stock oil filter ( have done 2 oil changes on my car and both times I droped the filter No matter how careful I was )
Must be getting old, my arms and shoulders don't move and twist like they usta.:)
Second ?
Does anybody know the EXACT thread size and pitch of the engine oil pan drain plug, and also for the Drain plug on the tranny pan
( have ordered new pan with drain plug from dealer)
I'd like to order 2 Super Plugs for these locations ( super plugs are magnet drain plugs )
But don't know size.
Third ?
Tranny oil cooler, where is it on the 03MM ?
If it's one that goes through the radiator I'd like to add an external one and add an auto meter temp gauge

Thanks

JerseyVics
08-16-2002, 02:41 PM
I think Steeda offers an extra Oil filter set up for those that have a Supercharger and are concerned that the one on the engine doesn't do a good enough job. The down side is in order to replace that one you have to replace the one on the motor as well, it doesn't replace it... so in your case it would be a waste of time.

Not sure on the size of the drain plug but the magnetic ones are a very good idea, thumbs up on that!

Ok, sorry for not being much help, lol

--Russ:D

KazMan
08-16-2002, 03:16 PM
Thanks Russ,
I sent an e-mail to Kenny Brown ,Rouch and Steeda about oil filter.

any place else

JerseyVics
08-18-2002, 09:06 AM
try your luck with Allen Engine development... the company that tunes those Eaton superchargers and puts them in kits you see on Kenny Brown Panthers and SVC Town Cars... here's their digits:

Scott Graves
Allen Engine Development, Inc.
255 Lambert St, Unit #1
Oxnard, CA 93030
(805) 988-8855 voice
(805) 988-9965 fax
allen@allenengine.com
http://www.allenengine.com/

give Scott a call...

--Russ:)

KazMan
08-18-2002, 11:27 AM
Perma cool has a unit to relocate oil filter on 4.6L ( with 1 or 2 filters)
I'll wait to see what replys I get from e-mails I sent. (KB ,Rouch etc.)
Also need to find a place under the hood to mount it.Not easy to find room

03 MM has a tranny cooler behind Radiator also has a power steering cooler Thanks ford...........
So I just need to install auto meter gauge for tranny temp.

Only thing left is the thread size on oil pan drain plug
Anybody know the size?

PS Thanks again Russ,
I'll give AED a call this week.

KazMan
08-19-2002, 12:46 PM
Stopped by a Ford Dealer today..........Thread size for 4.6L oil pan drain plug is 14mm