PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Annual Meet 2005 - poll

CRUZTAKER
01-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Spring is just around the corner, and it's time to get some things on the table for the Eastern folks. Last year around this time, we were planning our Eastern Annual meet. Many folks expressed interest in an encore of last years RAID on the Rock-Hall. Last years 3 day weekend get together was really enjoyable. With a little planning and hopefully avoiding the hail storms of last year, we could have an equally enjoyable meet.

I have set up a poll to check interest, and narrow down a timeline for those interested only.

This poll runs 33 days : Feb. 15th. After that, the date's set in stone

LAST YEARS RESOURCES:

LAST YEARS POLL (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7353&highlight=EASTERN+ANNUAL)

LAST YEARS ITINERARY (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8159&highlight=EASTERN+ANNUAL)

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/510/627Rock_Hall1edit.jpg

SergntMac
01-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Way to go Barry, thanks! Last year was one of the best events of the season, for me anyway. Count me in, and let me know how I can help.

MM03MOK
01-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks for getting this rolling, Barry. How many people can say they got caught in a hail storm in a submarine!! You, Jessica and Gage are such gracious hosts! What a great way to wish away the winter. I can hardly wait! I will be SuperBunny by then!! Let me know what I can do to help. Except for Zack's swimming pool, that hotel worked out fine.

Hack Goby
01-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Linda and I will be there for sure.Like Mac said it was one of the best events of the year.

Haggis
01-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Chris and I are in, we would miss it even if I have to quit my job to be there. Let us know if you need us to help with anything, food, drink, whatever and I will pick up the Scotch and haggis again.

Will have to check on what dates are best for us before we vote, but no matter when we are there.

:woohoo: :party:

mpearce
01-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Where's the Rock Hall?

I can't wait for #2! This time I'll actually be able to attend for more than a few hours!

Barry...let me know what you need help with, I'll be ready.

-Mat

MERCMAN
01-16-2005, 01:51 PM
I missed #1, I will NOT miss #2. I voted for Mem. Weekend, but will make it regardless. CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!!

Bigdogjim
01-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Well I will attend as last year was a BLAST!

Even If I got blown off the road getting their:mad: (Hail storms)

Party of the year:up:

Joe Walsh
01-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Just a reminder....Carlisle Ford Event is June 3-5.

Bigdogjim
01-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Just a reminder....Carlisle Ford Event is June 3-5.

Well so far no ones voted for the 5th:)

We look to be good shape, don't want miss this party:up:

FastMerc
01-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Found it Barry let me know if I can help:banana:

Haggis
01-19-2005, 03:16 PM
I missed #1, I will NOT miss #2. I voted for Mem. Weekend, but will make it regardless. CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!!

I bet I know why? ;)

Haggis
01-29-2005, 11:26 AM
:bump:

Yes it is still 3 months away, but start to make your plans now. The earlier Barry knows how many people are going to be there the sooner he can plan ahead.

MarauderMark
01-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Me and Peg WILL be there this time.We are truly looking forward to this .Any date will be fine for us.. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Haggis
01-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Me and Peg WILL be there this time.We are truly looking forward to this .Any date will be fine for us.. :banana: :banana: :banana:
Vote anyway... VOTE...VOTE...VOTE...VOTE

MarauderMark
01-29-2005, 09:21 PM
I don't know exactly when i'll get the car back .But as of now sometime in april maybe may at the latest .I have to be ready to pick up the car .So i don't want to vote a get in trouble if i can't make it..But i REALLY REALLY wanna go..

mpearce
01-30-2005, 03:59 PM
I figured I'd give this one a little shove...since it's basically in my back yard.

-Mat

CRUZTAKER
01-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Oh yeah....there will be more....just you wait Matt.;)

MERCMAN
02-06-2005, 02:39 PM
BUMP!!! :up:

CRUZTAKER
02-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Appears as we have a date. Poll ends on friday the 18th.

After that I will start ON some planning items. I think I'll be lazy and keep the same itinerary we had last year. The only difference may be where we have lunch on friday, and perhaps tour the Walter J. Mathis..... Lunch at the Hard Rock...or perhaps the new House of Blues....? We'll see. It's all about the parking.:P

Some time in March I will get a prospective participant list going so I can get the 'buffet' together for Saturday afternoon like we did last year. I think filet mignon and black grouper may be in line again...mmmm

Anyway, here's to hoping for no hail storms, goods eats, good drinks, and good socializing.

And THIS year, the LEO that lets us park in his field is DEMANDING we do burnouts in front of the house!!!:rolleyes: He was quite put out with only one showoff last year. Thanks Mac...or whoever was driving KB1!

mpearce
02-13-2005, 09:09 AM
Great Ideas Barry...I like them all. Let me know what I can do to help plan.

As I now have the entire week off, I am looking forward to this a lot. Of course Barry, I'll throw my two cents in...

I'm not sure who Walter J Mathis is...but I have heard of William J Mather. :D

Also...I'm sure a higher percentage of people have been to a Hard Rock Cafe vs. a House of Blues. It's just me...but since it's new...maybe House of Blues might be in order?

I'm not sure if you've been to the new Famous Daves BBQ pit out by Great Northern in North Olmsted, but I think it's fantastic.

We got some un prepped Fillet Mignon at Sams club last week in the big loin...we got about 16-17 good sized fillets for about $65. Good deal if you're feeding a lot of people.

Again, just ideas. May can't come fast enough.

Looking forward to Dragway 42 as well. Hope it's not under water this year!

-Mat

Hack Goby
02-13-2005, 09:11 AM
Looking forward to anthing you guys plan.I just want to get winter over.

CRUZTAKER
02-13-2005, 09:15 AM
I'm not sure who Walter J Mathis is...but I have heard of William J Mather. :D
Geez....I think I have lost my mind lately....been off the meds for a week now and nothing is the same...:P

Walter Mathis was a comedian or something ...no? :shake:

MarauderMark
02-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Geez....I think I have lost my mind lately....been off the meds for a week now and nothing is the same...:P

Walter Mathis was a comedian or something ...no? :shake:

Yes sir!! me and Peg are Soooooo looking forward to comming .just to be with other marauders is so bad ass!!
Isn't Walter J Mathis , johnny Mathis Father?:lol: I dont want to spoil any kind of plans but i have only been in ohio once .Me and peg really wanna see the rock and roll hall of fame..Everything else is a go!! C-U-All Soon.:up:

MM03MOK
02-13-2005, 10:05 AM
And THIS year, the LEO that lets us park in his field is DEMANDING we do burnouts in front of the house!!!:rolleyes: He was quite put out with only one showoff last year. Thanks Mac...or whoever was driving KB1!That's a small price to pay!! We'll have to create a road block at the top of the hill. LOL

Never been to any HOBs and we barely scratched the surface at the Rock Hall.

http://wgmather.nhlink.net/

http://www.rockhall.com/

http://www.hob.com/venues/clubvenues/cleveland/

This will help me get through the Winter!!

mpearce
02-13-2005, 11:02 AM
What about Walter Mathau?

Should we invite him too?

Thanks for the links Mary!

-Mat

Bigdogjim
02-13-2005, 04:51 PM
OK! The party is on:up:

Can't wait:):):)

MM03MOK
02-16-2005, 11:34 AM

OK - who else wants to come for a very memorable weekend!!!