PDA

View Full Version : Procharger Update

maraudernkc
01-16-2005, 04:51 PM
I wanted to update you on the progress of the MM/Procharger kit.

Well we found out that when the transmission was beefed up to handle the extra HP that is was not done properly. The car was hanging in 2nd gear another words if you were in third gear the second gear clutches were draging. A huge loss in HP and we still got 400RWHP. This has now been fixed,

We also went with a diffrent style Impeller that moves more air.

The car has the factory TQ. converter in the car.

I have been driving the car the last two Days and this thing flat out moves.

From a dead stop with the stock converter no brake applied the car will shred the rear tires, 60 footers easy.You do not have to have a stall converter with this kit. I don't.

If you are running at say 30 MPH and you hammer it the car down shifts to second your body will be slammed into the Gods head on the seat and the car just keeps pulling like a freight train. You have to let off on it because you look down at your spedo and your at 100MPH. You don't want to slow down but you don't want the ticket.

This thing flys and the driveablity is Incrediable if you just want to take it easy it drives like a normal MM however I find myseld not being able to take it easy.

We will be back at the Dyno in Two weeks and I will at that time post our RWHP, TQ numbers and the cost of the kit.

I am a vendor on this site and our company name is

FORCED INDUCTION TECHNOLOGIES & ACCESORIES

F.I.T. Industries "Our kits FIT"

I will be getting our web site up and running within the next month.

TMAC will be purchasing the first kit and He is going to have one bad a** car.

If anyone has any question fire away.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14275

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14207

Above link has blower photos!

Thanks, Greg (maraudernkc)

Joe Walsh
01-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Any photos of the intercooler and all the piping in/out of it??
How do you get the piping around the OEM radiator and to the intercooler?

tmac1337
01-16-2005, 05:24 PM
My car is ready and waiting for a supercharger. I have spoken with Greg enough times on the phone to realize that he is honest and will stand behind his product 100% after the sale, no BS. I love it when a plan comes together. I have one of the best mechanics in the business to do the install (Claude/Carfixer) and the opportunity to put a quality kit on my car for a great price!

Greg is knowedgeable and has been doing his homework. I hope to be installing (errr....watch Claude while Tallboy and I drink beer) the kit in March. I will then locate a qualified tuner to take the car to.....dial in the tune that come with the kit specifically for my car.

Greg has no doubts I will love his kit and has invited me up to Kansas City to drive his car and play host before I purchase.

Until then, waiting like everyone else for the kit to be finalized and dyno'd.

Cobra25
01-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Thank you for all the up dates.

maraudernkc
01-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Tim, your a first class guy and I apprerciate your confidence in me.

Greg

My car is ready and waiting for a supercharger. I have spoken with Greg enough times on the phone to realize that he is honest and will stand behind his product 100% after the sale, no BS. I love it when a plan comes together. I have one of the best mechanics in the business to do the install (Claude/Carfixer) and the opportunity to put a quality kit on my car for a great price!

Greg is knowedgeable and has been doing his homework. I hope to be installing (errr....watch Claude while Tallboy and I drink beer) the kit in March. I will then locate a qualified tuner to take the car to.....dial in the tune that come with the kit specifically for my car.

Greg has no doubts I will love his kit and has invited me up to Kansas City to drive his car and play host before I purchase.

Until then, waiting like everyone else for the kit to be finalized and dyno'd.

FordNut
01-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Any photos of the intercooler and all the piping in/out of it??
How do you get the piping around the OEM radiator and to the intercooler?
That's what I would like to see, too!

Tallboy
01-16-2005, 06:02 PM
My car is ready and waiting for a supercharger. I have one of the best mechanics in the business to do the install (Claude/Carfixer) and the opportunity to put a quality kit on my car for a great price!

Greg is knowedgeable and has been doing his homework. I hope to be installing (errr....watch Claude while Tallboy and I drink beer) You bring the supercharger, I'll bring the beer!:beer:

maraudernkc
01-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Fordnut, did you want to see the tubing because you are building your own kit for your MM? I added a link on my thread to another thread with photos.
Greg

That's what I would like to see, too!

Bradley G
01-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Thanks Greg ,

Good luck on your ground breaking supercharger kit.:beer: Congradulations for becoming a vendor here!Glad you were able to find the missing (malfuctioning)piece of the puzzle!I will be looking for your tuning threads
Bradley G

Rider90
01-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Sounds awesome :)

Although I don't know about you folks, my gods head is on my seat and not the headrest - would I shrink if I bought this kit??? :P

Bradley G
01-16-2005, 07:00 PM
It must really sink you into your seat!:nocomm:

Bradley G

Although I don't know about you folks, my gods head is on my seat and not the headrest - would I shrink if I bought this kit??? :P

maraudernkc
01-16-2005, 07:29 PM
You are right about the Gods head. Your body will be shoved back into the Gods head.

01-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Put me down for the second kit, I'm looking forward to the updated dyno graph.

Spoke with Greg the other day, nice guy and he knows what he's talking about.

maraudernkc
01-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks, 5.0 you will be very happy!

FordNut
01-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Fordnut, did you want to see the tubing because you are building your own kit for your MM? I added a link on my thread to another thread with photos.
Greg
No, why reinvent the wheel? I want to make sure I position other things out of the way. I have a remote oil filter kit, a PCV oil trap, a water injection system all waiting to be installed but I plan to install them in fenderwells or on frame rails in some of the locations that your previously posted pics indicate could possibly require me to re-locate them. I prefer to do mods once and be done with it so I'm just waiting and dragging this stuff around in the trunk with me. I suppose I could just wait until one of your customers posts pics if you don't want to shoot them.

maraudernkc
01-17-2005, 06:08 AM
Fordnut, we have moved tubing around a couple of times. I will post photos in about two weeks that will show everything. If you pm me with your email I cant send you some big photos. We have changed from rubber 90s to metal 90s. They seem to flow better. We also have the intercooler down low and not behind the grille but we hope to have the cooler back behind the grille.

Take car and good luck with your MM.

Thanks, Greg

No, why reinvent the wheel? I want to make sure I position other things out of the way. I have a remote oil filter kit, a PCV oil trap, a water injection system all waiting to be installed but I plan to install them in fenderwells or on frame rails in some of the locations that your previously posted pics indicate could possibly require me to re-locate them. I prefer to do mods once and be done with it so I'm just waiting and dragging this stuff around in the trunk with me. I suppose I could just wait until one of your customers posts pics if you don't want to shoot them.

maraudernkc
01-17-2005, 07:37 PM
You wont shrink but your bank account will. LOL!

Joe Walsh
01-17-2005, 07:41 PM

:hijack:

FordNut, I tried to E-mail you about your CVPI Oil Cooler that you have photos of in your gallery....PM me if you don't mind answering a few questions that I have about your set-up/install. Thanks, Joe

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Thread....

maraudernkc
01-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Fordnut, we have moved the Intercooler and tubing sevreal times. The Intercooler is currently under the front of the car and not behind thr grille. We will make our decision this weekend and remount everything and them I will shoot some photos. I am out of town all this week or I would be doing it now.

Thanks, Greg

Joe Walsh
01-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Fordnut, we have moved the Intercooler and tubing sevreal times. The Intercooler is currently under the front of the car and not behind thr grille. We will make our decision this weekend and remount everything and them I will shoot some photos. I am out of town all this week or I would be doing it now.

Thanks, Greg

I like the idea of having the intercooler under the front of the car...like the old Spearco aftermarket intercooler for the SVO 2.3 Mustangs. It kept the piping short, and did not sit in front of the radiator. (to avoid shedding it's heat right into the radiator)
I, like FordNut, have already added equipment in front of the radiator....(auxillary B&M transmisiion cooler w/fan)
The only concern would be adequate air flow to the intercooler.....Maybe a small 'chin' spoiler/air duct to direct air up and into the intercooler? (again, like the Spearco SVO kit had.)

FordNut
01-17-2005, 09:31 PM
:hijack:

FordNut, I tried to E-mail you about your CVPI Oil Cooler that you have photos of in your gallery....PM me if you don't mind answering a few questions that I have about your set-up/install. Thanks, Joe

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Thread....
I replied, in great detail, and sent you another msg about your drive shaft. I'll re-send if I can find it.

FordNut
01-17-2005, 09:36 PM
I like the idea of having the intercooler under the front of the car...like the old Spearco aftermarket intercooler for the SVO 2.3 Mustangs. It kept the piping short, and did not sit in front of the radiator. (to avoid shedding it's heat right into the radiator)
I, like FordNut, have already added equipment in front of the radiator....(auxillary B&M transmisiion cooler w/fan)
The only concern would be adequate air flow to the intercooler.....Maybe a small 'chin' spoiler/air duct to direct air up and into the intercooler? (again, like the Spearco SVO kit had.)
Maybe make it optional where to mount the intercooler?? I know I'll end up tearing it all to hell if it hangs down in the front. Already tore up two of the air deflectors that mount under the radiator.

Although for purely performance concerns the shorter, less bends idea makes a lot of sense.

BTW, I mounted my tranny cooler (same one you have, Joe) in the fenderwell to reserve the space between the grille and radiator for an intercooler.

Joe Walsh
01-17-2005, 09:40 PM
I replied, in great detail, and sent you another msg about your drive shaft. I'll re-send if I can find it.

Sorry, I never got it....I just double checked my E-mail. Joe

FordNut
01-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Sorry, I never got it....I just double checked my E-mail. JoeRe-sent...
Sorry for the thread hijack, Greg.

Anxiously awaiting the pics to be posted... And the dyno results.

hdwrench
01-17-2005, 09:58 PM

how about a raffle for kit #3 for us poor folk? :)

maraudernkc
01-18-2005, 07:11 AM
I will talk to Logan about it.

Thanks, Greg

how about a raffle for kit #3 for us poor folk? :)