PDA

View Full Version : Results of winter fun run and MSR

blue92
01-17-2005, 07:21 AM
Saturday the weather was great a little chilly but these cars love it chilly. We had 8 SHOs 1 SC T-bird, 1 03 Cobra, and 1 Marauder take the run Didn't see even one smoky the whole run and we finished early being back in Ft. Worth by 5pm. TexanTony has a boosted SHO and had to go with us to Ranger (Tony always picin on the big ones). This Cobra was blown and according to the owner put out 640 to the wheels anyways from a 70mph roll he and Tony were dead even. Sunday at MSR the Cobra guy started making all these excusses to why didn't beet Tony like he's never ever put the petal all the way to floor in any of his cars.

Sunday we had 27 participate what I can remember we had 8 SHOs, 4 Probes, 4 Marauders, 4 or 5 Mustangs I'll have to let Mr. Murph finish the list of what all participated. On the last open session buckwheat blew his engine and blew flames out the backend on the exit service road. One of the Mustangs had a twin turbo set up and on his last open session cooked his engine as he got back into the pits. No SHOs broke we all got to drive ours home. As Murph would say it was a great VRRROOOMMMM!!! weekend. :D :up:

Buckwheat maybe you should by a SHO and make it a track car. They have 4 doors, get great gas mileage, cheap *** insurance, and you can get a 5 speed. Plus we have one of the best SHO mechanics in the country right here in Arlington. :D

RVT04
01-17-2005, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=blue92]Saturday the weather was great a little chilly but these cars love it chilly. We had 8 SHOs 1 SC T-bird, 1 03 Cobra, and 1 Marauder take the run Didn't see even one smoky the whole run and we finished early being back in Ft. Worth by 5pm. TexanTony has a busted SHO and had to go with us to Ranger (Tony always picin on the big ones). This Cobra was blown and according to the owner put out 640 to the wheels anyways from a 70mph roll he and Tony were dead even. Sunday at MSR the Cobra guy started making all these excusses to why didn't beet Tony like he's never ever put the petal all the way to floor in any of his cars.

Sunday we had 27 participate what I can remember we had 8 SHOs, 4 Probes, 3 Marauders, 4 or 5 Mustangs I'll have to let Mr. Murph finish the list of what all participated. On the last open session buckwheat blew his engine and blew flames out the backend on the exit service road. One of the Mustangs had a twin turbo set up and on his last open session cooked his engine as he got back into the pits. No SHOs broke we all got to drive ours home. As Murph would say it was a great VRRROOOMMMM!!! weekend. :D :up:

Buckwheat maybe you should by a SHO and make it a track car. They have 4 doors, get great gas mileage, cheap *** insurance, and you can get a 5 speed. Plus we have one of the best SHO mechanics in the country right here in Arlington. :D[/QUOTE

FOUR MARAUDERS
and yes it was a real blast
thanks frenchy for the invite
only coulda been better if you'd a paid the price of admission :D

2003 MIB
01-17-2005, 10:44 AM
On the last open session Buckwheat blew his engine and blew flames out the backend on the exit service road.
For those of you following along at home- Yes, this is Logan's last MM. Sad but it'll get fixed.

rumble
01-17-2005, 02:32 PM
For those of you following along at home- Yes, this is Logan's last MM. Sad but it'll get fixed.

Ouch!! Damn!! Care to pass on any details?

cruzer
01-17-2005, 10:33 PM
John invited me to ride down wih him and ride shotgun on the orientation runs and get some photos--I have posted some of the shots I took in the Gallery---just try to hold a camera steady in a 2-3g serpentine--there ain't nuttin' like it :banana2: I had never been through a road course before and was really impressed---gonna do it myself as soon as I can. The Ranch is unbelievable--the track surface is perfect, the people you deal with are the greatest and really make you feel safe and comfortable, the program is well-planned and well executed---everyone made sure you understood the techniques of the manuevers--, all surfaces off the track were grass and you could spin-out safely and without damaging your car (and quite a few drivers proved it true), the track is 1.7 miles with (I believe) 15 turns--they have already started work on adding another 1.5 miles of track, there is a control tower and you are "on the air" with the safety director at all times through your FM radio----I was REALLY IMPRESSED. There are private homes built on lots connecting to the track and more planned---Imagine, getting up from breakfast, strolling out to the garage, strapping yourself into your Marauder, drive around an access road and be running wide open in a matter of minutes . This is the ONLY facility like this in the world--more are planned. If you get a chance to visit and race, do it, you won't regret it. :) :banana2: :bows: :burnout:
There is no definite info on John's engine--he had just passed Russ and was WOT when there was a loud bang, immediately, the track was blocked out by a thick cloud of smoke and steam--he was about 1/8 mile from pit row-- a giant ball of flame engulfed the back of the car as he turned into pit row, the flame died and he coasted to a safe area---track personnel we there when he stopped rolling---fluids were covering the ground slowly. The car was towed to the pit area and that was the last time I saw it. John rode home with Steve and Linda took me home and then had to go to work :depress:
All in all,I had a great day, learned a lot and met some very interesting people. A BIG THANKS to Donald (blue92) for setting this up--can't wait for the Spring meeting. That's all I have for now---will keep you posted as best I can, Maury

blue92
01-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Here's a link to some video of the day posted over on DFWstangs it shows John's Marauder going up in smoke.

http://www.dfwstangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218409

:bigcry:

2003 MIB
01-18-2005, 12:40 PM
:bigcry:My stomach hurts now. That was awful and my heart breaks for you, John. The smoke column looks like a plane crash (or Barry with a fresh set of tires). That must have been scary.

LOGAN-DO NOT CLICK THE LINK- TRUST ME...

blue92
01-18-2005, 02:07 PM
John invited me to ride down wih him and ride shotgun on the orientation runs and get some photos--I have posted some of the shots I took in the Gallery---just try to hold a camera steady in a 2-3g serpentine--there ain't nuttin' like it :banana2:

Hey Maury could you please post the link to the MSR pics here, I'm lazy and don't want to have to go through the entire gallery to find them - TIA

Also here's a link to some more MSR video from the Probe guys.

http://www.supermotors.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=7177&s=22507#content

:banana:

Vortex
01-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Bummer on the blowup... Hope all goes well for the rebuild, maybe drop in a old-school big block 429/C6?

cruzer
01-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Hey Maury could you please post the link to the MSR pics here, I'm lazy and don't want to have to go through the entire gallery to find them - TIA

Also here's a link to some more MSR video from the Probe guys.

http://www.supermotors.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=7177&s=22507#content

:banana:
I'm not proficient in posting linkys, but if you go to Gallery and scroll down to " North Texas Marauders" and click---they are all right up front. Maury

Zack
01-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Ouch!! Damn!! Care to pass on any details?

Yeah right, TrHiOlSoEgy cars dont blow up.

Tallboy
01-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Yeah right, TrHiOlSoEgy cars dont blow up.Even fully prepped race engines blow at racetracks. It's not like the motor blew while he was backing out of his garage.

Smokie
01-19-2005, 05:16 PM
EVERYTHING BREAKS, get real. We don't hear about every failure, people for a variety of reasons, will choose to keep problems with their car to themselves....and they have everyright to....it is not an easy thing to buy an expensive car, then spend thousands of dollars on it and have something go wrong.

You tell people something broke and you will get honest sympathy from some and snide remarks from others. I am tired of this vendor loyalty crap....we are suppose to be loyal to ourselves and the members of this club...some people here need to figure that out.

PS: Unless of course a vendor is giving you the stuff for free, then I guess it makes sense to keep your mouth shut when the crap breaks. I'm pissed.

Rollin'Thunder
01-19-2005, 08:03 PM
OUCH!! John! Sorry to hear about your bad luck! :bigcry: We've been out of town for several days and came home to find this bad news. :depress: We wish you the best on getting it back in condition.

CRUZTAKER
01-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah right, TrHiOlSoEgy cars dont blow up.
Who said that?....but so do others Zack....

Marks cars shat a hole in the block as well....and it weren't no 'thrilogy'.:rolleyes:

RoyLPita
01-20-2005, 04:53 AM
Here's a link to some video of the day posted over on DFWstangs it shows John's Marauder going up in smoke.

http://www.dfwstangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218409

:bigcry:

Did anyone save this? It is no longer there?

MM03MOK
01-20-2005, 04:56 AM
Did anyone save this? It is no longer there?I did but it's 90 MB.

RoyLPita
01-20-2005, 06:09 AM
Bring it on. I got broadband at work.

MM03MOK
01-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Bring it on. I got broadband at work.Ya, but email can't take such a big attachment. It needs to be ftp'd to a website. Sorry.

CRUZTAKER
01-20-2005, 04:03 PM
I was wanting to catch this video as well. Unfortunaty, I was on the road when this link posted and was not able to grab it on dial up.

If there is no one to host it for a few days (it was Logan's former car, perhaps he would)....host it for a few days that is.... maybe you could burn it (no pun intended) on a CD-R and I'll start passing it around.;)

Custom2kGt
01-24-2005, 06:50 PM
I attended this event as well, didn't drive though. Was cold but fun. Saw the car pop. While my condolences go towards the owner I have to say it was quite the spectacular event. Imagine if you will the S/C whine spooling up, exhaust screaming, all the way down the front stretch after coming out of the fastest turn on the track very hard. Then, almost half way down the stretch POP (it was a pop not a boom). Lot's of smoke, LOTS, turn off the track and the smoke turned to fire. Not a big fire, just enough to really get one's attention.
Again, sorry to see this happen to anyone, especially such a nice car. However, think about how bad it could have been if the engine would have let go just 5 or 6 seconds before then. Going into Big Bend and having your rear tires get oiled down is a fast way to a HUGE roll.
As far as the rest of the day, wow. Good times.

Thanks again for the invite. Next time the 'Rauders do an event at MSR make sure you PM me or email stang at indy dot net and I'll pass the word to the Mustang guys.

On the edit: Someone PM me, I have the vid and know how to FTP. Just need a place and a password.

aggie97
01-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Did anyone save this? It is no longer there?

Sorry about that but my bandwidth quota went 28gig over my 6 gig allowance in less than 48 hours!!!

I will probably repost it next month but no sure.

I do want to thank you guys for letting us run with you. It gave me a chance to sort out the car prior to this coming season of HPDE's and Autox'ing. Had a blast and I hope all the casualties end up OK.

take it easy!!