PDA

View Full Version : Sad day for a Marauder

RCSignals
02-09-2003, 11:19 PM
http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/user_uploads/169648-Marauder.JPG

But on the bright side, no fire!

See more here (http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=169576&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post169636)

LincMercLover
02-10-2003, 06:26 AM
HOLY CRAP! That's just sickening... Well, if it wasn't for the tips, you could say you couldn't tell if it was a GM or a MM (bad humor I know...). Damn...

martyo
02-10-2003, 06:44 AM
I think I see the foam that blocks the sub woofer.....

TAF
02-10-2003, 06:53 AM
I think it makes it a little easier to provide some humor (albeit some may think it in poor taste) with this because two (POS) thieves died in the crash...I just hope the semi driver was O.K.

Note: the the driveshaft came off...See...I told you Sarge!

martyo
02-10-2003, 06:57 AM
Todd: Good point. Before I get flamed here, I certainly would not have made a joke had the owner been involved. Just trying to bring a little levity to the situation. Sorry if I offened anyone. If anyone wants me to remove the post, I will do so immediately.

TAF
02-10-2003, 07:00 AM
Just putting a little "disclaimer" down before my comment to Sarge...(which was meant to be funny for him and I considering our past conversations together)

prchrman
02-10-2003, 07:10 AM
This accident is just plain sad - somewhere mommas and families are hurting - nothing can condone stealing but death is serious - I pray for the families and hope the truck driver recovers - cars are not a priority when compared to lives

BigMerc
02-10-2003, 10:33 AM
I would not feel badly for the occupants, feel badly for the others involved. While it may seem callous, stealing cars and running from police has its downsides. I call it an occupational hazard, they took someones vehicle that was cherished and worked for and took it for a high speed drive and died while doing it, the only bad part I feel is for the owner of the vehicle. They took the chance and lost its called natures way. Nature has a way of culling the herd of those that it does not want to those genes to pass to another generation, the use of a marauder and semi in this case, While unique, it still accomplished the results that were meant.
Always hold people accountable for their actions, the punishment while extreme in this case still was acheived through the actions of the offenders therefore completely satisfactory.

As someone else said "Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield"

jefferson-mo
02-10-2003, 10:42 AM
I'm with ya BigMerc, I'll bet there's still people blaming the cops on this one.................

RF Overlord
02-10-2003, 10:53 AM
BigMerc:

At the risk of being VERY un-PC, I agree with you 100%...yes, death was an extreme punishment, but I am sick and tired of everything always being "someone else's fault". This time it was THEIR fault, and theirs alone. This should stand as a very sharp lesson to others who may be contemplating a similar adventure.

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".

BTW, no, I am not some kind of militant red-neck fanatic, I just believe people should be responsible for their own actions. If you want to do something incredibly stupid, be prepared to pay an incredible price.

[end of rant]

BigMerc
02-10-2003, 11:17 AM
Thats it exactly, the PC movement is a absurdity in the same vein as "Ebonics", either media inspired or propergated it defies logic. Again to reiterate the loss of life is regretful, but it was not their parents fault, for not showing love, it was not because they were "verbally abused" (absurd in its own right") it was not because the system failed to help these two. The sole responsibility is theirs and theirs alone.
I personally thank these two for not hurting anyone else while being morons and ending their own lives, that is the only commendable thing that I can find positive for these individuals.
I have been scorned here for my prior views by some, so I am sure this will evoke the same reponse by those, but it does not change the facts, that while tragic, this incident is not totally regretful for the remainder of law abiding society.

TAF
02-10-2003, 11:34 AM
RFOverlord wrote:

"BTW, no, I am not some kind of militant red-neck fanatic..."

Hey..."You talkin to me?.....are YOU talkin to me?"

Sorry...had to cut/paste, I haven't figured out how to put a quote in yet.

RF Overlord
02-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by toddalanfisher
RFOverlord wrote:

"BTW, no, I am not some kind of militant red-neck fanatic..."

Hey..."You talkin to me?.....are YOU talkin to me?"

Sorry...had to cut/paste, I haven't figured out how to put a quote in yet.

It's easy, even for a militant red-neck fanatic cracker... :D

Click the quote button, then highlight and delete whatever is not relevent...walla, there's your quote...

O's Fan Rich
02-10-2003, 11:51 AM
I'm starting to get all worked up again!! Good thing Rush is on right now! Damnable liberal thinking has become our ruination! Can you imagine anyone blaming someone else for this? I'm just glad they hit a big -rig, not someones wife and kids, or dad on their way home! I only feel sorry for the rig driver, he had to be a part of this , and ( since I don't know the whole story, the following is an assumption) the mothers of the garbage that died as they have to live with the fact that they raised the thieves!! I better stop now.
Wonder if the parts will show up on EBAY?

gja
02-10-2003, 11:54 AM
My thoughts, if with borrowed words:
"....and God was watching"

Any man or woman who makes the choice to execute a deliberate and overt act that is against the law of man and God may elude the first, but the latter shall surely hold them to account for it.

They ran from the law(of man)....first mistake.

They then chose to drive in a matter where only God could keep them safe, and found what they did cast them from favor....final mistake.

One of the greatest things that sets us apart from all other animals is our capacity for reason and compunction, our behavioural check-valves that buffers our emotion-to-response actioning. When they stole the car they gave proof they made the decision to leave the ranks of responsible, decent citizens. When they sped from the police, whose main function is to watch over the general public even at the price of coming to harm themselves, showed they no longer wished the protection of life that an ordered society affords. Their callous disregard for "Though shalt not steal" & "Though shalt not covet" removed them from the last hope of staying safe.

End of story, sadly they will probably cause great grief to their families and friends, but this was THEIR choice. They alone bear the responsibility for the outcome!!

MAD-3R
02-10-2003, 11:59 AM
Well, their dharma obviously was out of whack. A few life times as a worm, then a bug, and someday, a bird. Maybe then, they can sing well to make people happy with the music.

TAF
02-10-2003, 12:09 PM
and that's why I said piece of &*%$ thieves (which was uncalled for). Keep in mind though, our friend Willie is making the appropriate statement for a man of his position (pastor), and I think we ALL respect the qualities that go into men like him with their ability to show compassion and see the Lord in ALL his glory and in ALL things.

Not pretending to be the "preacher" here...just wanted to keep it from getting personal back at what I feel was an appropriate statement from Willie. Sir...I admire you.

RF Overlord
02-10-2003, 12:18 PM
Thanks, Todd:

I don't think any of us meant any disrespect toward Willie or his opinion...at least I certainly did not. I apologise to all if it seemed that way. It's just a hot-button topic...

Yes, the families of those "persons" are grieving and I feel badly for them; they did not deserve this...but as gja pointed out, those thieves renounced their claim on the rights of society by their actions. I will NOT grieve for THEM.

prchrman
02-10-2003, 12:19 PM
I hope one of us outstanding citizens who might be trying to out run a stang or maro does not get killed or kill someone else while maybe exceeding the speed limit, would we be any better than these guys? I know some will say what a PC jerk (something anyone that knows me would never ever call me) to be so concerned about 2 theives. Let's not devalue life because of our disgust for the system that allows criminals to elude justice and commit horrible acts such as this. I have probably complained more than anyone people being responsible for their actions in the PC world we now live in. People are the most important thing, period. These guys would probably be in jail or prison if the system had worked correctly and no one would have been killed, and yes I do blame them for their actions, but I can not help but feel for their families and the trucker. James 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin, and when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

TAF
02-10-2003, 12:22 PM
GROUP HUG!!!!:banana:

RF Overlord
02-10-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Willie Anglin
I hope one of us outstanding citizens who might be trying to out run a stang or maro does not get killed or kill someone else while maybe exceeding the speed limit, would we be any better than these guys?

Point taken, Willie...

It's all well and good to talk about $300 driveshafts to get rid of vibration at 125 MPH...but as I've said before, why the hell do you WANT to go 125 MPH in the first place? I get nervous going 75 in a 65 zone...I didn't buy this car to beat the world land-speed record...nor did I buy it to be the street-racing king of my neighbourhood...

Having said all that, I also believe there's a difference between what Willie says above and what those 2 guys did...it's a matter of intent...having a little action is not the same as grand theft, driving to GROSSLY endanger, eluding and evading the police, etc. Yes, the results if taken to the extreme, can be the same, but I believe that God watches over fools and drunks; I oughta know, I've been both; and as gja also said, "what they did cast them from favour".

prchrman
02-10-2003, 12:46 PM
good one todd, everyone hold up your lighter

Hack Goby
02-10-2003, 12:57 PM
What did the local press have to say,Did it make TV? Thats one hell of a wreck,sorry about your car its a sad day for everyone.

vaderv
02-10-2003, 01:19 PM
Hey ladies and germs.. I had my first car stole from me. It was a 74 Grand Prix that had just been almost cherried out. I'll bet you know what I think of car thieves. : ( There was a reason they shot horse thieves in the old days. When you have a car stolen it has a very major negative impact on you life. If it hasnt happened to you I hope it never does. That being said. If I could have caught those thieves when I was 16 I would have killed them. But after living a little I have come to realize that even morons with no heart usually have someone who loves them. Its for them that I wouldnt kill those thieves now. I'd put them in permanent pain though! ; )

O's Fan Rich
02-10-2003, 01:40 PM
When I turned 6 ( yes, I can remember back that far) my Dad took me too the Schwinn dealer and let me pick ou my bike , blue metallic stingray, with the white sparkely metallic banana seat and slicks....COOL!!! Three days later my cousin insistes on riding it across the street to the park... guess what, it's not there when I get back. NEVER found it! I'm still paranoid about by bicycles being stolen to this day. If I would have found the punk that took it... well, I'd not have been responsible for my actions!!

MAD-3R
02-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Something that was mentioned in another thread, was that even with the horindousness of the crash, no airbags deployed.

I use to have a 2000 Neon. Not a bad car, ran well, roomie for a subcompact, and fine maors, just no :censored:

I was involved in an accedent with the car. I slammed some poor girl from behind. (Was distracted by the purrty blue flashing lights). My airbags didn't deploy.

I was very concerned about this, and commented on it to some people. They told me that due to the fact that I hit dead on, and not offset, I didn't trigger the airbags.

Looking at the picture, I don't think any sensors were activated, there for, no airbags. Now grated at 155 MPH Relative Velocity (closing speed) nothing would have lived anyway, just a thought about air bags.

RF Overlord
02-10-2003, 01:53 PM
MAD:

That car had started to slide and hit the truck going backwards...I believe airbags only deploy if you hit something going forwards...I know in your case, they didn't, but I've never heard that about not triggering "dead-on", only in an offset...

Somebody?....

LincMercLover
02-10-2003, 02:45 PM
I think your bags should have deployed MAD... Something I would have taken up with the manufacturer. And no, air bags will not deploy in a rear crash. Your head snaps back, not forward.

LincMercLover
02-10-2003, 03:00 PM
Is the owner of that car on this site? If so, I wanna talk to him!

RCSignals
02-10-2003, 03:13 PM
A while back there was a similar accident posted on another board, except it was a Police vehicle that was demolished by a Semi after losing control on a curve while chasing a car. The CVPI was flattened, but the Policeman lived.
(Sorry I can't find the picture of the car)

I wonder if the thieves were wearing seatbelts at all?

Fourth Horseman
02-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Think I'm going to slow down on the interstate. :D

merc406
02-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Those 2 maybe didn't mean to die in the crash, but at least it was them and not an innocent person or family.
Back in the old days they use to hang horse theive's...................

area51
02-10-2003, 07:03 PM
2 less moes on this earth good deal, sorry for the car owner and the truck driver but not these two we're better off without them:stupid:

Beadhead
02-10-2003, 07:20 PM
RF: there's another saying, you know: "let the punishment fit the crime." Granted, these guys were the engineers of their own fate, but its sad to see the loss of ANY human life. When all is said and done, an automobile, no matter how much emotion we invest in it, is a pile of metal, glass and plastic. End of sermon for this evening, folks (you can pass the plate, now) :D

Edit: Sorry, I posted before I read Willies' responses -- no disrespect intended, W.A.

BigMerc
02-10-2003, 07:37 PM
And I thought I was a bit radical in my views.

RF Overlord
02-10-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Beadhead
When all is said and done, an automobile, no mster how much emotion we invest in it, is a pile of metal, glass and plastic. End of sermon for this evening, folks (you can pass the plate, now) :D

Bead, you are correct, however my feelings toward those 2 punks were not because they "stole a Marauder", but because of their callous disregard for the the safety of everyone involved, from the car's owner, to the the police, to the other drivers on the road, the trucker, pedestrians, yes, even their own...there are very few people on this earth that "deserve" to die, and I'm not saying they did, I'm just saying I'm not saddened...better them than a cop, or other driver or the trucker...they may have dramatically shortened their own lives, but they also caused irreparable damage to many others'...

Beadhead
02-10-2003, 08:03 PM
No argument there, bro.

area51
02-10-2003, 08:22 PM
I'll quote one for you, Fordus 20:03 Thou shalt not stealeth mine black auto, or ye shall be smited by biggus truckeths and shall drive ricers in hell till the ending of times. (que the choir):rolleyes:

LincMercLover
02-10-2003, 08:49 PM
area51,

That kind of post is what CAN start a flame war and close a thread... Let's keep it civil when rebuting others opinions on the situation.

We've lost one of the few of the best vehicles built for this model year. Let's keep it to that and the views on what happend and what will happen with the reminisce of what's left. Thank you...

Your friendly hometown moderator. Now where's my "body of winged messenger"? :D

area51
02-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Not for nothing Linc, isn't that kinda big brotherish, not wanting to start a big argument but thats the view and you quelling debate is kinda off base, I'm not attacking any person here, and won't. The exchange of differing viewpoints is basic, you stepping in and cutting it off is rather rough

LincMercLover
02-10-2003, 09:34 PM
I disagree when you post your opinion, someone else (Bead) posts theirs RIGHT after yours, and RIGHT after that you come off with that. Indirectly or not, you're infering what you said to other members who's opinions contradict yours. Either way, it's done... Site rules... Get with it or get out.

On with the show ehh?

Billatpro
02-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by BigMerc
I have been scorned here for my prior views by some, so I am sure this will evoke the same reponse by those, but it does not change the facts, that while tragic, this incident is not totally regretful for the remainder of law abiding society.

While I might have been one of those who fit this reference, I too believe in people taking responsibilty for their own actions! I happen to agree with your point of view here and support it totally.
I also regret the loss of any life, derserved or not! Our entire way of life has been turned upside down by the bleeding heart liberals who want pass along the "Responsibility" to others. I could have every excuse imaginable to be a slim ball but I choose to follow another road.

I smoke because I want to, I drink because I want to(in moderation and not behind the wheel) and I alone will live with the choices. I wont sue anyone if I loose a Liver or a lung or worse.

area51
02-10-2003, 09:40 PM
OK you're in charge. But..............

RCSignals
02-10-2003, 10:22 PM
I've discovered that the Marauder in those pics is the one that was on eBay. The person posting the pics is the one who bought it out of Texas, not the guy who it was stolen from. Not that it matters much

LincMercLover
02-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Hmm... the same one who was selling the motor?

RCSignals
02-10-2003, 10:35 PM
right, the eBay auction was basically for the engine, stating that if the high bidder wanted the rest of the car it would be $2000 more. The reserve was $5500.
Considering there are a couple of places that claim to have new DOHC engines for Marauders and Mach 1s priced at around $3800 he was probably high, who knows

prchrman
02-11-2003, 04:34 AM
beadhead, no foul, no problem, you cool

cyclone03
02-11-2003, 07:17 AM
I would like a rep from FMC to look at the picture and coment.
Did the car perform as designed in that collision?
I can't tell but is that the fuel tank (silver) over the rear axle?
Is the rear end designed to rotate down?
These are just a few questions.

SergntMac
02-11-2003, 08:17 AM
I kinda laid back on this one, wanted to see/read what y'all had to say about the situation. I am not surprised by what's been posted, not one word unexpected, or unwelcome.

This is a death car, a crime scene. Serious evidence of two lives lost, for whatever reason, however justified, begged for, or deserved. Y'all sound just like every cop and fireman I've ever worked with, while standing around the crime scene.

The gore of twisted metal is insulting, frightening, all that beloved heavy metal we believe will protect us on the highways, is really just tin. Frame folded like a paper straw, the massive and unquestionable John Wayne-ishness of the MM has been torn away, like the car was never a real brute to begin with. Naw, couldn't be... RIP MM.

Comedy, jokes, laughter, albeit dark humor and frightened chuckles, some of it hiliarious. A passion for justice, they got what they deserved! And, real deep compassion for the survivors, who get what they didn't deserve. A few miscellaneous shots at the government and society at large, how could this have happened! It's not clear to me if the police were involved in a chase here, or the kiddies were just out joy riding and lost it. But, it doesn't matter, cops will take some blame somewhere, even if for not apprehending the tikes before things got out of hand. A little rage at the car again, what about the safety...but we all know in the end, that the sheer force of the impact was lethal. Whether it's the manner or death, or the means, the creation of the car and it's destruction of life, is all God's work.

Yes, it's a wonderful read, lots of feelings, lots of emotions, all real because only a dead man could not speak honestly after staring at this death car for very long. No apologies necessary, every word was honest and as long as it is honest, the words will be heard. No one was out of line, no one wrong. But we are rude, no question, because that's what happens at a crime scene. The fear, the realization, that it could have been one of us, or one of our family, brings out the rudeness, and we use that to fight back, often against the wrong party. But, it happens, because that's the way it is.

Why do I think you sound like cops and firemen? Because you do. This is what cops and firemen sound like at the crime scene. As I read each and every post, I could pinpoint the when and where I worked with you sometime in the past 25 years. This is what happens, this is what we sound like. Seems like y'all got some cop and fireman in you too, and that's okay, because cops and firemen got a lot of you, in them. It takes a death car, a crime scene, to remind us all, that we're not any different. Seems y'all just forget that more than cops and firemen do. It will be a while before y'all forget this death car, but you will. Cops and firemen don't get to forget, the next crime scene is just around the next corner.

Suggest y'all take another read, from the top. Look at the death car one more time, and take your time reading. It's a wonderful trip through humanity, reminds us all of what's most important after all.

There is nothing more precious than life, care for your brothers first, and they will care for you. This is what being a cop or a fireman is really all about, just normal folks taking care of their larger family, as it needs to get done.

Thanks, y'all for laying it all out here. This is what makes this board better than them all. It's called community, and we thrive here in our community, among our friends.

Y'all be safe.

mtnh
02-11-2003, 12:06 PM
Anyone who buys that engine is taking a huge risk. There is probably as much damage internally to that engine as there was to the car itself. Oh boy, buyer beware.

I kind of like the way the exhaust tips folded up, though.

Mike

Bigdogjim
02-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Well let's look at the accident this way a 4200 lb. car going backward-out of control- gets hit by a 80,000 lb. unit going 55+. Thier are a few factors that I/we do not know. For example was the truck loaded? Did it try to stop? Did it swerve? Pulling from 20+over-the-road bus driving I can say that the truck driver had a the blink of eye to do something. I do not care who you are, who trained you, where you work or what you do, what you drive or have driven. Ain't no body thinkin that quick! That's why they call it "luck". Not so much for the two in the car but more for the trucker. Stop and think how ugly this could have been? Like a lot of you that have traveled the miles we some times wonder who was watching over us at that one second in time.

It is always sad when we hear of read about these accidents. Yet they have become a part of our evey day world.

Take the time to be safe.

God go with all of you all the time.

Big Dog

Billatpro
02-11-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by SergntMac

Why do I think you sound like cops and firemen? Because you do.

I know this is a very small part of your extensive post but it is the part that I take as a great complement. Thank you

RCSignals
02-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Another great post fro MAC.

Someone should collect all the best of them and put them in one place.
I'm not being sarcastic or facetious. There is too much in posts like that for them to just be lost

prchrman
02-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Sarge, as a ex-deputy (now truck driver) friend of mine said- I just got tired of arresting the same people. God help and protect our law officers.

WolfeBros
02-11-2003, 04:46 PM
Couldn't let this thread pass without saying again "Well said Sarge" !
I too kinda laid back and let this thread run to see what was said and where it would go. As a firefighter that has seen my fair share of these type of 'death cars'......Sarge hit it right on the head.

Most often the driver or perpetrator gets no sympathy at all from the firefighters or cops at the scene. The only thing worse than extricating a dead body from a twisted mass of steel like that is when you have to extricate the dead and broken bodies of innocent people, like women and children. I have felt nothing but contempt, rage and even a little hate at the idiots that thrust this kind of thing onto the innocent.

A scene like this.....two idiots that made a terrible bad decision.....paid the ultimate price. Tough lesson to learn. Tough price to pay. The innocent victims won this round.......as there were none lost or injured. Those are the ones we try to save. The firefighters and cops will find something to laugh it off with and go back to what they do best. Sarge is right.......the worst ones you never forget. They are still there buried inside. Life goes on...there are other people deserving to be saved. The bond and brotherhood gets tighter for each one of these we go through.