PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger

Kelly
01-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Hey! metro gang Iam ready to purchase a supercharger, what I need to know is if any one can or knows how to tune my Marauder after the install so the AF ratio is correct and the best tune is gotten, Dennis said a tuner comes with the kit and files can be sent over the net to get a tune but that is like talking greek to me, so what iam am looking for is a buddie closer than Florida that I could bring the car to whom could help me out. :)

Zack
01-17-2005, 04:18 PM
I have installed 3 of Dennis's Kits now, all with excellent results.
I have software to tune it, or a reputable shop close to me that can handle the job for 200 bucks.
Ill need the car for a week or so, install is a grand.
Call me tomorrow at work 708-747-1300

Marauderman
01-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Gee, maybe Five-O can help someway--although he is in the southern east part..donno......maybe he has contacts...you never know-----Hey Mark---you there???

FiveO
01-17-2005, 04:20 PM
You're going with the Vortech right?

I'm not sure of any specific people in the area.

Your best bet would be to find someone who tunes other Supercharged Fords such as Mustangs. How far in "Northern Minnesota" are you?

There's gotta be someone in the Twin Cities area.

In fact...just remembered.

Call Apple Valley Ford in Apple Valley. Ask to speak to their SVT mechanic. I spoke with him briefly once and he mentioned the name of a guy in the TC area who does tuning (and more importantly dyno tuning). I told him I was set with Alt. Auto just a few hours away :) but he might be able to help you.

Might be worth the call.

SergntMac
01-17-2005, 04:21 PM
The tuning kit DR delivers is the SCT 9100 hand held programmer, and it is rather simple to use. Once you get it in hand, the simplicity will fall into place, don't sweat it. Lidio also uses the SCT 9100, and he's a lot closer than Florida.

FiveO
01-17-2005, 04:21 PM
:lol:

I was typing as you were posting that!

Kelly
01-17-2005, 04:38 PM
You're going with the Vortech right?

I'm not sure of any specific people in the area.

Your best bet would be to find someone who tunes other Supercharged Fords such as Mustangs. How far in "Northern Minnesota" are you?

There's gotta be someone in the Twin Cities area.

In fact...just remembered.

Call Apple Valley Ford in Apple Valley. Ask to speak to their SVT mechanic. I spoke with him briefly once and he mentioned the name of a guy in the TC area who does tuning (and more importantly dyno tuning). I told him I was set with Alt. Auto just a few hours away :) but he might be able to help you.

Might be worth the call.

Bagley, MN, a little town about 5 hours north of the twin cities, I subcontract for Minnegasco so I know the metro like the back of my hand I installed the gas service to Apple Valley Ford. I'll keep them in mind Thanks

FiveO
01-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Or if you're willing Zack posted he'd do it...and he knows his stuff....just the problem of the 11 hour drive to Chicago.

Best of luck...keep us posted.

It'll be nice to have another s/c'ed MM in the area. Maybe we can work out a St. Cloud or Duluth meet this summer.

MarauderMark
01-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Hey! metro gang Iam ready to purchase a supercharger, what I need to know is if any one can or knows how to tune my Marauder after the install so the AF ratio is correct and the best tune is gotten, Dennis said a tuner comes with the kit and files can be sent over the net to get a tune but that is like talking greek to me, so what iam am looking for is a buddie closer than Florida that I could bring the car to whom could help me out. :)

Welcome to club Vortech.As allready mentioned Zack would be about the best bet he's on the board and you can allways ask him anything as well as his knowledge of our cars too..Keep us posted and post pics if you can would like to see...