PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy Supercharger Kit #56 Show and Tell

04MEMA
01-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Okay folks,

I visited Lidio at Alternative Auto on Saturday to have him do some data (f)logging on my car and some dyno pulls to see what kinda power old MEMA is making - so have a look... the 1st plot is a comparison between the stock 2004 Marauder HP and the Marauder with 1 mod - the Trilogy S/C kit. The second plot shows the comparison of the torque. Again the only mod done to my car is the Trilogy kit as purchased from Trilogy and installed by myself.

This is my daily driver. The driveability with this kit is phenomenal. The gobs of torque make this car move out big time at any speed - fantastic. This car now lives up to the muscle car label Mercury hung on it. It's an absolute joy to drive. The blower whine compliments the stock exhaust tone perfectly. My compliments and thanks (again) to Trilogy Motorsports and Alternative Automotive for making this kit a reality. Happy Maraudering!

Jeff

Joe Walsh
01-17-2005, 08:22 PM
WOW!!! 300 ft-lbs of torque (rear wheel) at 1900 RPM!?!? :awe:
That would make a 428 CobraJet proud!
No wonder why your 4400 LB sedan runs like a Mustang.

FiveO
01-17-2005, 08:40 PM
As posted in MEMA's sig....

The only 'bolt' on package you'll ever need!

It is an amazing kit and really transforms the car to its full potential.

BillyGman
01-18-2005, 02:13 AM
The real story is NOT the peak power numbers, but look at the HP and torque curves in the before and after comparisants.....

There's a whopping 105 FT/LBS more of Torque at the rear wheels over and above the factory stock level beginning right from 2500 RPM's, and that 100+ FT/LB torque increase continues right up to 6,000 RPM's.The rear wheel HP increase is also steady beginning with a 50HP increase right from 2,500 RPM's, which then climbs to a 70 HP increase at 3,000 RPM's, and just goes right on up to a 90 HP increase at 4,500 RPM's, and finishes with a whopping 120 HP increase at 6,000 RPM's.

So an increase like that throughout the entire RPM band is something that is going to propel your heavy 4,200 LB Marauder from the starting line,(whether that be at a traffic light, or the Christmas tree at the dragstrip) right on through to the finish line. And delivers a full 120 HP increase at 6,000 RPM's. That's a great power and acceleration gain for the $$ spent. Especially when you consider the fact that a new S/Ced Cobra engine will cost you a whopping $13,000. And with a S/Cer, you have that power whenever your right foot happens to mash that pedal into the carpet. ;) Ya gotta LUV it!! I know I do.

TechHeavy
01-18-2005, 01:11 PM
The real story is NOT the peak power numbers, but look at the HP and torque curves in the before and after comparisants.....

There's a whopping 105 FT/LBS more of Torque at the rear wheels over and above the factory stock level beginning right from 2500 RPM's, and that 100+ FT/LB torque increase continues right up to 6,000 RPM's.The rear wheel HP increase is also steady beginning with a 50HP increase right from 2,500 RPM's, which then climbs to a 70 HP increase at 3,000 RPM's, and just goes right on up to a 90 HP increase at 4,500 RPM's, and finishes with a whopping 120 HP increase at 6,000 RPM's.

So an increase like that throughout the entire RPM band is something that is going to propel your heavy 4,200 LB Marauder from the starting line,(whether that be at a traffic light, or the Christmas tree at the dragstrip) right on through to the finish line. And delivers a full 120 HP increase at 6,000 RPM's. That's a great power and acceleration gain for the $$ spent. Especially when you consider the fact that a new S/Ced Cobra engine will cost you a whopping $13,000. And with a S/Cer, you have that power whenever your right foot happens to mash that pedal into the carpet. ;) Ya gotta LUV it!! I know I do.
:D :D :D :banana2: :beer:

04MEMA
01-18-2005, 06:51 PM
WOW!!! 300 ft-lbs of torque (rear wheel) at 1900 RPM!?!? :awe:
That would make a 428 CobraJet proud!
No wonder why your 4400 LB sedan runs like a Mustang.

Good point, Joe. I quoted you at work 3 or 4 times today! Torque is good!

04MEMA
01-18-2005, 06:53 PM
As posted in MEMA's sig....

The only 'bolt' on package you'll ever need!

It is an amazing kit and really transforms the car to its full potential.

Thanks Five O, actually I lifted that quote from Lidio's sig! No truer word's have ever been said! :beer:

04MEMA
01-18-2005, 06:55 PM
:D :D :D :banana2: :beer:

Aww yeah.... BillyGMan's right on the money here! "It's a torque thing, you wouldn't understand" comes to mind!

Jeff

Joe Walsh
01-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Aww yeah.... BillyGMan's right on the money here! "It's a torque thing, you wouldn't understand" comes to mind!
Jeff

I love it! :lol:

Hey that would be a great slogan to use on all those ricers!!! :hotrice:

BillyGman
01-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Hey that would be a great slogan to use on all that ricers!!! :hotrice:

TORQUE and ricers don't mix..........friends don't let friends drive rice burners......

Joe Walsh
01-19-2005, 09:01 AM
TORQUE and ricers don't mix..........friends don't let friends drive rice burners......

OH YEAH!!! :mad2:

My Special Edition, Limited, Honda VTEC 1.5 Type 'R' Akimoto Racing :blah: .......... puts out a stump pulling 168 ft/lbs of torque at 7800 rpm! So THERE!!! :mad:

mpearce
01-19-2005, 11:25 AM

My Special Edition, Limited, Honda VTEC 1.5 Type 'R' Akimoto Racing :blah: .......... puts out a stump pulling 168 ft/lbs of torque at 7800 rpm! So THERE!!! :mad:
You know...sadly...there's some kid out there who has that exact set up, and is way pumped up about his 168 ft/lbs of tq, and his 18.567 1/4 ET's.

Don't ask me why, but I stopped the channel changing one night on the NOPI tuner vision channel where they had a honda like that on the dyno. The kid had it all chopped up, body kitted, purple piping under ther hood, stickers galore etc...the announcer girl asked him what he thought he'd dyno at. He replied, "uhh...I think it'll be around 230hp, I've put about $6,000 into it already." So they dyno him...and she tells him to read the screen...170 something peak HP!!! I laughed so hard, I couldn't stop. $6,000 spent on absolutely nothing...a piece of garbage. It's amazing what some people think is cool.

-Mat

Joe Walsh
01-19-2005, 11:59 AM
You know...sadly...there's some kid out there who has that exact set up, and is way pumped up about his 168 ft/lbs of tq, and his 18.567 1/4 ET's.

Don't ask me why, but I stopped the channel changing one night on the NOPI tuner vision channel where they had a honda like that on the dyno. The kid had it all chopped up, body kitted, purple piping under ther hood, stickers galore etc...the announcer girl asked him what he thought he'd dyno at. He replied, "uhh...I think it'll be around 230hp, I've put about $6,000 into it already." So they dyno him...and she tells him to read the screen...170 something peak HP!!! I laughed so hard, I couldn't stop. $6,000 spent on absolutely nothing...a piece of garbage. It's amazing what some people think is cool.

-Mat

I saw one of those 'NOPI'/Ricer shows last year and they were talking about street racing in New York...They interviewed a woman who had spent $40,000+ on her engine!!!
WTF?!?! :eek:
I started laughing so hard I almost pulled my stomach muscles.
Those stupid Ricers are CLUELESS!
My brother and I spent less than 1/2 that amount on our all alumninum FE Shelby 468cid stroker motor........ including the dual 4 barrels!
But our Cobra doesn't have cold air induction, a fart pipe, nor Type 'R' stickers so I guess I better not race any Hondas!

BillyGman
01-19-2005, 12:28 PM

LOL....... a "stump pulling" 168 FT/LBS of torque! :rofl:

....that was a good one.....best laugh I had all day.

Joe Walsh
01-19-2005, 01:26 PM
Wait 'till I get my super rad, custom unobtanium connecting rods from Honda Douche-Sport....I'll be able to rev my Type 'R' to 10,000 rpm!

Although my massive torque curve starts to fall off after 8500 rpm..... just do the math:-------10,000 rpm x 142 ft-lbs / 5252 = 270 HP!!!

That's 270 hp 'on the motor'....not counting my 4" fart can nor any of my stickers!!

With 270 hp pulling my Honda I'm gonna need a bigger wing to keep me on the road as I 'walk' your heavy Marauder!

So what if you have a Trilogy :confused: ....I'll go get a Quadilogy for my Honda :neener: :razz:

BillyGman
01-19-2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah, but doesn't the weed wacker attachment eat up about 6 HP?

Lidio
01-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Wait 'till I get my super rad, custom unobtanium connecting rods from Honda Douche-Sport....I'll be able to rev my Type 'R' to 10,000 rpm!

Although my massive torque curve starts to fall off after 8500 rpm..... just do the math:-------10,000 rpm x 142 ft-lbs / 5252 = 270 HP!!!

That's 270 hp 'on the motor'....not counting my 4" fart can nor any of my stickers!!

With 270 hp pulling my Honda I'm gonna need a bigger wing to keep me on the road as I 'walk' your heavy Marauder!

So what if you have a Trilogy :confused: ....I'll go get a Quadilogy for my Honda :neener: :razz:

Joe….

I don’t usually laugh out loud while I read posts, but that’s some funny *****.

I don’t usually speak out loud about the whole ricer thing here in the Detroit area. I don’t pay that close of attention to it. But what little I do, Its really not taking off here like it has on I guess the west cost or where ever it is that its so popular.

Maybe it’s the late 30-something part of me or the fact that I didn’t grow up with the ricer crowd, but I just cant get into watching those cars go down the ¼ mile. Some thing is just not right when theirs fat slick in the front and wheelie bars that actually lift the back of the car in order to put more weight on the front tires. It’s just not right. I know their fast… Respectably fast, but not seeing the familiar weight transfer from front to rear that ultimately leads to the front wheels lifting off the ground on the more serious rear drive cars just doesn’t register with me.
Plus the way most of the “Import Tuner Cars” <<(politically correct) make their exhaust sound is just not right. Their simply to loud most of the time and it’s a bad loud at that. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve heard some nice sounding bad ass four and six cylinders with Turbos and the right muffler that just plain sound nice when into the power and revs.

I don’t want to sound like a stubborn hard ass, or some one who can predict the future or won’t give into the trends. But I think at least here in the Detroit area the ricer scene will die off or never really get its feet off the ground by the end of this decade. With the rebirth of the V-8 Rear-Drive plat form from all of the big American car makers, I just don’t think the ricer scene will ever gather any steam here at least. Look at Cadillac and how they only want to have rear drive vehicles. The new Mopar products with the Hemi’s and of course the new 05 Mustang. I know cost and things like that play into all of this when you’re a teenager trying to find power and speed. But to me in the end for what you get, it doesn’t seem any cheaper with how unreliable the ricers can be when really put to the test. Plus most of those guy gut those cars till theirs noting left but a shell and a steering wheel.

And on the streets, their sort of separated…. the ricers from the V-8’s because in the end we know who their daddy is.

Thanks

Lidio
01-20-2005, 08:21 AM
Okay folks,

I visited Lidio at Alternative Auto on Saturday to have him do some data (f)logging on my car and some dyno pulls to see what kinda power old MEMA is making - so have a look... the 1st plot is a comparison between the stock 2004 Marauder HP and the Marauder with 1 mod - the Trilogy S/C kit. The second plot shows the comparison of the torque. Again the only mod done to my car is the Trilogy kit as purchased from Trilogy and installed by myself.

This is my daily driver. The driveability with this kit is phenomenal. The gobs of torque make this car move out big time at any speed - fantastic. This car now lives up to the muscle car label Mercury hung on it. It's an absolute joy to drive. The blower whine compliments the stock exhaust tone perfectly. My compliments and thanks (again) to Trilogy Motorsports and Alternative Automotive for making this kit a reality. Happy Maraudering!

Jeff

Jeff

It was nice working with you and I’m glad every thing is good to go with your Marauder and the well done self install of the Trilogy kit.

I don’t know about you, but I cant wait for this summer here in the Detroit area for some fun in both my Marauder and my Mach-1.

Thanks

Jerry Barnes
01-20-2005, 12:46 PM
Jeff,

It was good to see you at Lidio's last weekend. It was also great to hear that you really are enjoying your Supercharged Marauder. Not only is the car fun to drive, but there are a great group of people in the Detroit area that are fun to hang around with.

I have to agree with Lidio about the resurgence of the Detroit Muscle Cars. Its great to see these cars reappear after so many years. But, Lidio and I have businesses to run and we have talked a lot about 4 and 6 cylinder engine performance. So, don't be surprised if we come out with kits that support some of the new American cars with those engine types. I have really been itching to do an all-wheel drive supercharged American sedan with a V-6. Like a Ford 500 or Ford Fusion.

Anyway, it was good seeing you again! And like Lidio said "This is going to be a great summer for Marauder Get-togethers".

And don't forget we have a Motor City Marauder meetings and and International Mercury Onwers Association (IMOA) meeting on January 29th at 1:00 at our offices in Dearborn. Please stop by.

Hope to see you again soon!

Jerry

RVT04
01-20-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm With Lidio On The Weight Transfer Thing, Had A 340 Duster In 1970 After Mods It Ran 12.90 And Was A Daily Driver, The Main Thing Was Raising The Pinion Snubber Into The Body Pan, Reinforced Under The Back Seat Of Course And Sidesteppin' The 11" Shafer /hayes Disc At 3000 Rpm Was All About Weight Transfer; Holeshot All The Big Blocks With Gobs Of Torque,while They Were Burnin Rubber I Was Finding Third Gear, The Only Ones I Can Remember Getting Me Early And Stayin Late Were The 66 And 67 Nova's 327 With All The Goodies, Never Could Catch Them And Of Course The Big Blocks Were Honkin On Me At The Big End. Point I'm Trying To Make Is There Is No Substitute For Cubic Inches Or Caliber, And I Guess Torque Is Where You Find It!--- But Maybe These Little Guys Are Pullin Little Stumps....lol

Joe Walsh
01-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Most of the REALLY fast ricers (contradiction in terms?) have been converted to Rear Wheel Drive or are old Mazdas....also RWD.

Lidio,
Luckily you live in an area steeped in Musclecar tradition, and maybe that rubs off on the younger crowd in Detroit.

In the Baltimore/Washington D.C./Northern Virginia area there are so many primered ground effects, 747 winged, wrong-offset wheeled, LOUD SLOWWW RICERS that the sight of a Musclecar is like seeing the Holy Grail.

I hate them whenever I'm in my daily driver ('96 S10 Blazer w/170,000+ miles)....But when I'm in my 'FUN CARS'!!!..... :D :D :D :D :D heh heh heh ;)

AzMarauder
01-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Joe….

I don’t usually laugh out loud while I read posts, but that’s some funny *****.

I don’t usually speak out loud about the whole ricer thing here in the Detroit area. I don’t pay that close of attention to it. But what little I do, Its really not taking off here like it has on I guess the west cost or where ever it is that its so popular.
<Snip>

And on the streets, their sort of separated…. the ricers from the V-8’s because in the end we know who their daddy is.

Thanks
I guess I march to a different drummer. By and large I have no problem with the NOPI cars. I mean, if you get around some of these kids.... you see the same sparkle in their eyes as they talk about what they are doing or going to do with their cars as I saw in my generation when we spoke about LS-6 Chevelles, 427 Fairlanes, 426 Hemi AAR 'Cudas. They have their dirt bags just like we do.... who wreck a car in the name of cool.... but they also do some pretty neat things with little motors.

To me a gearhead is a gearhead! I've no liking for front wheel drive at all. But I do have a 1987 Mitsubishi Starion (rear wheel drive) that I like very much. It's not fast, could be... but that money is going towards the Fairlane project and the MM. So it is a neat little, nice looking car for daily driving.

My son is into the Rice... and the kids are by the house all the time asking if they can use my garage to wrench in. I often shudder at the projects they take on.... ignorance is bliss.... or optimism is contagious.... I'm not sure which. But even tho they have thier thing.... they are very quick to give my cars Props.... the 03 Cobra was a particular favorite.

I think we are more alike than we are different.

Ok... I'm done.... new guy on the block... but I had to add my 2 cents worth!

RVT04
01-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Everybody Has A Concept Of What Is Cool, Hondas With All The Stuff Sideways Four Or V-6 Frontwheel Drive Winged Canned Nos Whatever Gets Your Yayas Is Cool To Some Not To Others Like Riding Up On A Double Wide Convoy Of Harleys, And Your On A Gsx1100 R... Oops
Better Hang Back Until You Get A Shot And Then Go To Third Stand Er Up And Leave Em Way Back In The Rear View, Or Turn Off On Another Trail And Hope They Didn't See You. A Gearhead Is A Gearhead But What Is Cool And Shat Is Not,
We Just Spent A Nice Sunday At The Msr Road Track On An Invite From The Local Sho Club Now I Am Here To Say Boy What Fun And Those Yammers Fwd Taurus Can Get A Good Lap In The Corners And Have Some Real Power On The Shorts But Our Mm's Were An Awsome Display Of Handling And Acceleration
So Whats Cool Anything That Aint Shat
But I Still Like My Rwd Traditional V-8 Power So Thats What I Drive

BillyGman
01-21-2005, 12:38 AM
Wrong wheel drive is fine for snow (that is if you're afraid to drive in it with a RWD car) but for performance applications, and especially for racing, wrong wheel drive is just plain backwards. how anyone can buy slicks or even drag radials to put them on a front of a car is beyond me. Even when you're racing at the dragstrip, you hate to get in line at the staging lanes behind a rice burner because if you do, you then have to be concerned about it's back tires dragging water up to the starting line since thay aren't the ones that spin, heat up, and dry up the water from the waterbox like RIGHT wheel drive cars do. They're just backwards, and most of their owners are too much in denial about it to see the forest for the trees. :rolleyes:

maraudernkc
01-21-2005, 07:35 AM
Congradulations on you Trilogy kit and the self install. It's always nice to know that there is one more Blown MM.

ps. I just bought two sets of rear tires you might want to do the same!

Enjoy!

sailsmen
01-21-2005, 07:50 AM
I am not ino the "Ricer" stuff but I concurr, their enthusiasim, the sparkle in their eye and more importantly their respect for the "Old School", ( their words not mine), rear wheel drive V-8's is what matters, not the vehicle they choose to drive which is primarily driven by the high cost of insurance.

If they could afford the insurance they would probably drive a rear wheel V-8.

"Ricers" are always the first one's to compliment my Marauder. :)

04MEMA
01-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Jeff

It was nice working with you and I’m glad every thing is good to go with your Marauder and the well done self install of the Trilogy kit.

I don’t know about you, but I cant wait for this summer here in the Detroit area for some fun in both my Marauder and my Mach-1.

Thanks

Thanks Lidio - and God am I ever looking forward to nice warm dry Detroit (area) streets! I can't even hear my tires spining over the s/c and exhaust on these salt encrusted crappy roads! And man oh man, I need a radar detector! :cool4:

Jeff

04MEMA
01-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Jeff,

It was good to see you at Lidio's last weekend. It was also great to hear that you really are enjoying your Supercharged Marauder. Not only is the car fun to drive, but there are a great group of people in the Detroit area that are fun to hang around with.

I have to agree with Lidio about the resurgence of the Detroit Muscle Cars. Its great to see these cars reappear after so many years. But, Lidio and I have businesses to run and we have talked a lot about 4 and 6 cylinder engine performance. So, don't be surprised if we come out with kits that support some of the new American cars with those engine types. I have really been itching to do an all-wheel drive supercharged American sedan with a V-6. Like a Ford 500 or Ford Fusion.

Anyway, it was good seeing you again! And like Lidio said "This is going to be a great summer for Marauder Get-togethers".

And don't forget we have a Motor City Marauder meetings and and International Mercury Onwers Association (IMOA) meeting on January 29th at 1:00 at our offices in Dearborn. Please stop by.

Hope to see you again soon!

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, and I'll try to make the meeting. I'm looking forward to this summer - and really looking forward to my first trip to the track in the spring! Come on 12's!!

As far as all the ricer comments - My take is that all these cars are just another way for people to express themselves, and have fun. I don't dig the ricer thing that much, but I don't dig boy bands either, or techno music. Every generation trys to separate itself from the previous one, sometimes in a fairly annoying way.... It certainly will be intersting to see what the kids 7 or 8 years from now do with used and affordable 300C's, Magnums, MM's, GTO's etc that will be readily available. That could provide a huge boost in kids getting into v8 RWD cars, and away from these little tin box's that go like heck. I gotta admit though I like the STI and the EVO. Rally car driving looks like a riot! I'd take one for a winter ride after removing and permanently destroying that idiotic monster wing! Then pummell it daily on snowy back gravel roads to get the adrenalin going!

Here's to Torque, HorsePower and to the joy they bring! :cuke:

I think I surprised the ***** out of a guy in a previous model BMW M3 last weekend - what a blast! He must of been scratching his head - "what the hell has that Grand Marquis got under its hood" he must of been thinking! Sleeper baby! :surprise:

Custom plate idea - 46L ZZZ - whattaya think? :D

Jeff

04MEMA
01-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Congradulations on you Trilogy kit and the self install. It's always nice to know that there is one more Blown MM.

ps. I just bought two sets of rear tires you might want to do the same!

Enjoy!

Thanks, and you're so right. Those rear tires are seeing some kinda hell these days. I'm working up a plan for a tire wheel strategy. Not sure If I want to get a new set of wheels (4) that are wider for the summer with appropriate wider performance street (non drag) tires front and rear, have the stock rears widened only (with non drag wider tires), or buy a set of two stock wheels and have those widened with the drag radials as a track set. Still thinking...

Jeff

Tallboy
01-22-2005, 06:34 AM
Thanks, and you're so right. Those rear tires are seeing some kinda hell these days. I'm working up a plan for a tire wheel strategy. Not sure If I want to get a new set of wheels (4) that are wider for the summer with appropriate wider performance street (non drag) tires front and rear, have the stock rears widened only (with non drag wider tires), or buy a set of two stock wheels and have those widened with the drag radials as a track set. Still thinking...

JeffThe solution is actually quite easy...

1. Click on "Tire Rack" banner and purchase tires.
2. Shred tires.
3. Repeat step one.:burnout: :burnout:

King Fubar
01-22-2005, 06:44 AM
The solution is actually quite easy...

1. Click on "Tire Rack" banner and purchase tires.
2. Shred tires.
3. Repeat step one.:burnout: :burnout:
It's no wonder they're only $88.00 a piece. With the volume they sell to the supercharged guys. When I get mine in I'm gonna buy stock in Goodrich. :D

04MEMA
01-22-2005, 08:23 AM
It's no wonder they're only $88.00 a piece. With the volume they sell to the supercharged guys. When I get mine in I'm gonna buy stock in Goodrich. :D

You know how Gilette and other razor companies sometimes give away the razor handles? So you keep buying the replacement blades - where they make the big $? Maybe we could convince BF Goodrich or Nitto to give away free Trilogy's so they can sell us a new set of tires every month!