PDA

View Full Version : Autorama

2003 MIB
01-18-2005, 06:31 AM
Well Troops,
Ol' Dan thought he was a real genius. The Lone Star Cougar Club is displaying four cars at Autorama. We discussed it and decided Two Cougars and Two Marauders would round out the display very nicely. I love my car but certainly there are nicer and more interesting vehicles in the group- I thought an interesting contrast in modifications would be represented with Buckwheat (heavy on the HP) and Rumble (heavy on the Chrome). Buckwheat's engine is lunched and although he volunteered to trailer and display the car (way to take one for the team, Bro:bows: ) that seems impractical. I think we'd all rather he focus on getting back on the road/track. That leaves us with one open slot. Here's my new thinking (feel free to hollar :bs: ) but I think it would be cool to have a non-black Marauder on display next to Gary's. Here's the schedule:
10FEB05- bring your car to Market Hall low on gas (FD rules) sometime around 3:00pm. I will be there to assist you with setup and shining. Hell, I'll take you home if you need a ride.
13FEB05 -pick up your car after 7:00pm.

Anyone interested?

Redster
01-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Anyone interested?[/QUOTE]

What's the entry fee? and what are the rules?

2003 MIB
01-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Anyone interested?
What's the entry fee? and what are the rules?[/QUOTE]
Here are the details:

http://www.autorama.com/casi/dallas_entryinfo.htm

That DTR would sure look sweet on display, Rod.

SergntMac
01-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Hey, good luck to you guys, it's a big PITA to prep your car and all, but you'll have a blast.

Here in Chicago, Autorama is called "World of Wheels" and it's one of the biggest car shows in the season, held at McCormick Place. My MM will be in this coming 2005 show, sponsored by www.mirrorlook.com. It's going to be held January 28, 29 and 30. All you Chicago area MM owners, please stop by?

Logan
01-18-2005, 05:11 PM
I just heard about my former car's motor being blown to bits... Most distressed, working with John to get him a new block. My baby is dead!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Bigdogjim
01-18-2005, 06:09 PM
I just heard about my former car's motor being blown to bits... Most distressed, working with John to get him a new block. My baby is dead!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Suck good luck with the repairs!

BillyGman
01-18-2005, 06:39 PM
I know it was some type of endurance racing that he was doing with it when the engine blew such as a roadcourse, or auto cross (which I guess can be very punishing to any street car) but does anyone know what kind of RPM's he was running at, and how many minutes he was running the car hard before the engine went?

Johnman
01-18-2005, 07:33 PM
I would definitely be willing to display my car. I love the Autorama, I go every year.

Redster
01-18-2005, 07:39 PM
I would definitely be willing to display my car. I love the Autorama, I go every year.

Go for it.

cruzer
01-18-2005, 10:34 PM
I know it was some type of endurance racing that he was doing with it when the engine blew such as a roadcourse, or auto cross (which I guess can be very punishing to any street car) but does anyone know what kind of RPM's he was running at, and how many minutes he was running the car hard before the engine went?
Billy, The track is a 1.7 mile road course with about 15 turns, including a very tight serpentine. I wasn't in the car at the time, but I rode shotgun and photog for the 15 or so orientation laps starting at about 1:30 PM ( top speed while I was aboard was 102 mph). He had completed the first session of unrestricted running and was almost finished with the second run at around 5:00 PM . I would figure he had put about 25 laps at high output in about a 3 hour time span. I believe he was backing off from full acceleration when she blew----these are just my obs--I'm sure John will be posting the details as soon as all the facts are known. Hope this helps, Maury

BillyGman
01-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Thanks Maury. I was just trying to get some kind of idea how hard, and how long he was running the car for before it blew. It sounds like a roadcourse race like that is very punishing and grueling. I also wouldn't doubt that many engines start to run considerably hotter during a long race like that than they ever would on a dragstrip or on the street.

Two Hawks
01-18-2005, 11:06 PM
I just heard about my former car's motor being blown to bits... Most distressed, working with John to get him a new block. My baby is dead!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!:( I feel your pain. :( and John's :(

I would definitely be willing to display my car. I love the Autorama, I go every year.The rarest color, cool!
Johnman, U Da Man! :bows: :D

2003 MIB
01-19-2005, 04:46 AM
Hooray for Jawbreaker John!!!! Call me for details- I'm PM you the number.:banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2:

LiLWrink
01-20-2005, 11:52 AM
Now Cole...when the tachometer reads Nine thousand R P M...That is Bad.

Robert Duvall--Days of Thunder

I have no doubt the car will be back together and screaming down the road somewhere soon!:D