PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Breakfast and Cruise!

03 Merc
02-10-2003, 07:47 AM
It's time for the monthly Atlanta Breakfast this coming Saturday, February 15th at 0800. Breakfast will be at the Cracker Barrel located at I-75 and Delk Road in Marietta, Georgia.

After breakfast at 1000 we will be departing from Team Ford, on US-41, in Marietta, for a cruise to Warner Robins Museum of Aviation in conjunction with the Atlanta SVTOA. The museum is located just south of Macon, Georgia in Warner Robins, Georgia.

The tenative schedule is as follows:

Depart: Team Ford located on US-41, in Marietta, at 10:00 AM.

Arrive: Warner Robins, Georgia at approximately 12:00 PM.

Lunch: Po Mo's House of Barbecue (478-953-2060) on Watson Blvd. Go past the Mall (Galleria) and continue straight across Houston Lake about 2 - 2.5 miles. Po Mo's is on the left. Thanks to Macon Marauder for the BBQ tip..

Arrive Museum: 1:30 PM

Depart Museum: 3:30 PM

Arrive Atlanta metro area at 5:30PM

Directions:

The Museum of Aviation is located only seven miles east of I-75, near Robins Air Force Base. From I-75, take Exit 146 heading east on Watson Blvd (Hwy 247 Connector) through Warner Robins. Watson Blvd will dead end into GA Hwy 247. Turn right and go south for two miles. The Museum is on the left.

Info about the museum is at: http://www.museumofaviation.org/home.htm

Any and all are welcome to join in... drop me a PM if you need more info...

TAF
02-11-2003, 09:18 PM
Just wanted to refresh in case anyone missed it...This Saturday!!!

TAF
02-14-2003, 05:22 AM
Just wnted to get this on one more time. If you boys in PA are going to have snow, drive south and meet up with us!

Forecast for ATL...maybe some rain but High of 64 degrees...just hope it stays away from Daytona!

FordNut
02-14-2003, 07:45 AM
Isn't that the air museum with a SR71 on display? Wish I could make it, but it's chip install day!!!

03 Merc
02-14-2003, 10:31 AM
FordNut,

Yes, they have a Blackbird and a bunch of other cool planes as well.. The breakfast is a monthly thing so feel free to join us anytime.. We may be making a run thru Deals Gap soon maybe we could meet up at it...

03 Merc
02-14-2003, 12:18 PM
All,

Due to this wonderful duck weather we are going to reschedule the Warner Robins Museum of Aviation Cruise. I will post an update when it is rescheduled. (Macon Marauder, did you order this weather so you wouldn't miss us? :))

The monthly breakfast is still on...see you in the morning!

Thanks,

Bob Mathis
02-14-2003, 06:35 PM
I'm glade for the change 03, Jean and I wanted to come but I have standby at work for this weeked. Have to keep this Helicopters flying.
They are training pilots day and night. Hope to be there at the next one.

TAF
02-14-2003, 06:41 PM
We'll miss you and Jean tomorrow Bob, but look forward to the next one.

"Duck Weather"??...it's not even raining....

03 Merc
02-14-2003, 07:27 PM
It was raining at my office...when I typed the post anyway... Forecast is for rain tomorrow afternoon with winds in the 15 - 20 mph range... Not a great day to wander about a outside aircraft museum.... Plus some of the show car types didn't want to get their car wet.:cry:.. Must not heard of Z***o..or automatic car washes...:rolleyes:

Anyway it will make it easier for Bob and Macon Marauder to catch up..

White Knuckles
02-14-2003, 09:25 PM
It's 11:00pm and I just flew back to Atlanta---------but the Marauder is sitting in the long-term lot at RDU waiting on my return and resumption of a multi-week road trip. I'll have to pass on breakfast this month-----shucks, I was going to buy this time:D . Hope to join you all next month and would be interested in running the "Tail of the Dragon". I've done it on the Harley and would love to see how well these Marauders track.

ssfugitive
02-17-2003, 07:10 AM
I posted on the other thread too.
Good meeting you guys this weekend and look forward to the next breakfast.
George