PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Marauders Meeting #19 - February 12th, 2005

Agent M79
01-22-2005, 10:06 AM
Date/Time:
Saturday February 12th, 2005 - 12:00PM

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:City w:st=<st1:place w:st=" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Quaker Steak & Lube</st1:place></st1:State>
<st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:State>Interstate I-85, Exit <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">49
7731 Gateway Lane NW
Concord, NC 28027
704-979-LUBE (5823)</st1:Street></st1:address>
<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on"></st1:Street></st1:address>
<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">Well get to see if Butch's calling card remains after a month of wear and tear!</st1:Street></st1:address>
<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">If ya got a hankering for something on the menu, come on out this month. The following month (I think) we will be at another location.</st1:Street></st1:address>
<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on"> </st1:Street></st1:address><st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">

</st1:Street></st1:address>

dok
01-22-2005, 10:34 AM
I was there Thursday night and checked on Butch's calling card. I think it's still there, but there are about 20 more calling cards on top of it. Maybe Butch gave all those Corvettes ideas. :beer:

Planning on being there on the 12th.

SC Cheesehead
01-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Date/Time:
Saturday February 12th, 2005 - 12:00PM

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:City w:st=<st1:place w:st=" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Quaker Steak & Lube</st1:place></st1:State>
<st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:State>Interstate I-85, Exit <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">49
7731 Gateway Lane NW
Concord, NC 28027
704-979-LUBE (5823)</st1:Street></st1:address>
<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">Well get to see if Butch's calling card remains after a month of wear and tear!</st1:Street></st1:address>
<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">If ya got a hankering for something on the menu, come on out this month. The following month (I think) we will be at another location.</st1:Street></st1:address>
<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on"></st1:Street></st1:address><st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">

</st1:Street></st1:address>
Hoping to make it on the 12th, need to check out the calling card.:burn:

SCCH

Marauderman
01-23-2005, 01:42 PM
For only the second of 19 times , we will not be able to make it--I have to work that weekend , but will be looking forward to the new location events
in March---have fun and take alot pics for the record ok....Tom

Agent M79
02-06-2005, 06:44 AM
Alrighty. Its the week running up to the meet-n-eat. What's our head count?

dok
02-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Alrighty. It the week running up to the meet-n-eat. What's our head count?

We will be there.

SC Cheesehead
02-07-2005, 05:11 AM
Alrighty. Its the week running up to the meet-n-eat. What's our head count?The Ms. and I are planning to attend.

SCCH

Marauderman
02-07-2005, 05:24 AM
For only the second of 19 times , we will not be able to make it--I have to work that weekend , but will be looking forward to the new location events
in March---have fun and take alot pics for the record ok....Tom
I gotta work---take pics and post for me----Thanks---

Proudcop
02-07-2005, 09:38 AM
I hope to be there, not sure though if I have to work yet but will let ya'll know!

JCB

Marauderman
02-07-2005, 10:23 AM
I gotta work---take pics and post for me----Thanks---
Hey --If yall want to stop by at my work--(I'll be the one one there) I'll be off I-85 and Harris Blvd , off IBM Dr..Let me know if some want to stop by for some chat and pics..Tom

Butch
02-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Hey --If yall want to stop by at my work--(I'll be the one one there) I'll be off I-85 and Harris Blvd , off IBM Dr..Let me know if some want to stop by for some chat and pics..Tom
Am I allowed to leave my signature???? :D
I'm ready to put new tires on the car, but only after I finish "using" the stock ones! (Marauderman - Remind me to talk to you about the local guy and our wheels...)

I don't know if we will be making it down there or not yet.
I am in the process of buying a new boat, and I may be busy with that on Saturday.

Later!

Marauderman
02-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Am I allowed to leave my signature???? :D
I'm ready to put new tires on the car, but only after I finish "using" the stock ones! (Marauderman - Remind me to talk to you about the local guy and our wheels...)

I don't know if we will be making it down there or not yet.
I am in the process of buying a new boat, and I may be busy with that on Saturday.

Later!
Yes --you may leave your mark--just stop by--just call me-u got my cell #?

..or.call me anyway---or pm me and tell me when to call u---and on what #...

wheels......yummy!!

fastblackmerc
02-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Won't be able to make it... will be in Greensboro working.... :censor: :censor:

MERCMAN
02-11-2005, 06:32 AM
any of you Carolina guys close to Shallotte? Need a BIG favor!! PM me !!

Marauderman
02-11-2005, 08:22 AM
any of you Carolina guys close to Shallotte? Need a BIG favor!! PM me !!
Actually, Marauderjack is closer than anyone I know of---That place is on the coast where SC/NC meet...and MJ is down their in SC......hey----MJ--your got your eyes open??????

Proudcop
02-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Unfortunately I have to work:( , Till next month, everyone have fun!

JCB

Agent M79
02-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Well I hate this but we are not going to make it either. I've had some issues at work require resolution by Monday AM so we are stuck working the weekend.

Sorry guys. I don't like delivering the news late, but these things happen in a 24-7-365 business.

SC Cheesehead
02-12-2005, 05:45 AM
Butch, dok,

you guys still planning to meet/

I don't want to make the drive all the way from GVL to eat by myself.

SCCH

dok
02-12-2005, 07:55 AM
Butch, dok,

you guys still planning to meet/

I don't want to make the drive all the way from GVL to eat by myself.

SCCH

We are still planning on coming. Don't believe Butch is coming. Not sure about Russell. Hope to see you later.

dok
02-12-2005, 02:06 PM
The turnout was small, but we still had a good time. Mr & Mrs SC Cheesehead and Mr & Mrs DOK were the only regular members. We were pleasantly surprised that Wilson and Martha showed up with their silver MM. Martha got DOK in trouble when she announced that she had just got a merlot Thunderbird which is at the top of Mrs DOK's wish list.

We didn't officially discuss future meetings, but if memory serves me right, the March meeting is to be at Vantage Lincoln-Mercury.

The PT Cruiser owners were having a meet also and had some interesting looking vehicles, including a nice looking woody.

Hope to see everyone next month. :beer:

SC Cheesehead
02-12-2005, 08:16 PM
dok's right, small crowd, but a good time. Look forward to seeing everyone next month.

SCCH

Agent M79
02-12-2005, 09:02 PM
I hate that I missed it. Sometime I set the hours and sometimes they set me.

Yes, I think March was planned at frdwrnch's place of employ. Not sure if that's the old Vantage or the new location tho. We'll find out.

dok
02-12-2005, 10:07 PM
I hate that I missed it. Sometime I set the hours and sometimes they set me.

Yes, I think March was planned at frdwrnch's place of employ. Not sure if that's the old Vantage or the new location tho. We'll find out.

What new location? I didn't know that they moved. I was just there about a month ago.

Agent M79
02-12-2005, 10:51 PM
What new location? I didn't know that they moved. I was just there about a month ago.
I think he said something to the effect that the new owner was moving them to a new building. Not sure when that was supposed to take place though.

Proudcop
02-25-2005, 06:18 AM
On Wednesday I was shopping at target. After I was done I walked out to the car and found that someone decided to hit the back of my car and leave. They broke the left rear tail light and a fist size dent on the trunk just to the right of the light. Good thing I didn't catch em!!! Ofcourse I said a few choice words:censor: . I know you all share my grief:bigcry:

John

fastblackmerc
02-25-2005, 07:25 AM
On Wednesday I was shopping at target. After I was done I walked out to the car and found that someone decided to hit the back of my car and leave. They broke the left rear tail light and a fist size dent on the trunk just to the right of the light. Good thing I didn't catch em!!! Ofcourse I said a few choice words:censor: . I know you all share my grief:bigcry:

John
John, check with Target, they may have security camera's that might have captured the hit-n-run. I know most Wal-Marts have them. Sorry to hear about the damage. :bigcry:

Marauderman
02-25-2005, 10:03 AM

John
Sorry to hear that John about your car--yeah we have a few of us here that have had some of your exposure--we are Pixxed for you too!!! Uh,, fastblackmerc's idea seems about right and it seems to be truck possibly since it hit so high without damaging your pipes and lower quarter .....keep us posted---probably start another thread....Tom

Proudcop
02-26-2005, 05:14 AM
Hey, thanks for the sympathy. When I was walking to the car I noticed all this red stuff under the back and I was like what is that? Ofcourse I then realized what it was. A friend of mine who used to do body work said they would heat the damage to the trunk to such a high temp that they could bend it back, sand then paint. I was thinking maybe since they have to the re-paint the trunk that I could have the Mercury emblem removed the two holes filled and sanded like it was never there. Just an idea. You would think as a caop I would have thought about the possibility of a camera but I guess when its your own car I was just thinking about the damage.

JCB

Marauderman
02-28-2005, 05:48 AM
Hey, thanks for the sympathy. When I was walking to the car I noticed all this red stuff under the back and I was like what is that? Ofcourse I then realized what it was. A friend of mine who used to do body work said they would heat the damage to the trunk to such a high temp that they could bend it back, sand then paint. I was thinking maybe since they have to the re-paint the trunk that I could have the Mercury emblem removed the two holes filled and sanded like it was never there. Just an idea. You would think as a caop I would have thought about the possibility of a camera but I guess when its your own car I was just thinking about the damage.

JCB
I had my trunk go badgeless when it too was repaired---thats the time to do it if your gonna --for sure!!