PDA

View Full Version : New ram bars installed

wesman
01-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Here are a few pics of my latest and greatest for the Marauder.
To complete the look I started with the wheels and snow tires.
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Wesman%20II/1/rambars1.JPG
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Wesman%20II/1/rambars2.JPG

They are visible from the drivers seat as well.
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Wesman%20II/1/rambars3.JPG
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Wesman%20II/1/rambars4.JPG
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Wesman%20II/1/Picture%20119.jpg

Odd side effects of them while driving:
1) More people stare, try to discern who is driving. Wearing black helps confusion.
2) Same number of idiots still oblivious that it might be an unmarked, and proceed to cut me off. Temptation to use them getting stronger.
3) I live right across from a high school, have walked/driven by hunderds of times per year, never a glimpse at all from any students. Now, rapt attention. If you want teenage girls to stare at you, put ram bars on your car.
4) People standing around at fender benders expect me to stop. I do not.
5) Local PD seem to snap to attention and make an attempt at looking busy. Probably because only sargents drive unmarked Blue Vics. Some wave, some stare straight ahead.
6) SUV owners look jealously at the ramming power presented before them.

wesman
01-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Skid plate went on next.
some pics:
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Wesman%20II/1/skidplates1.JPG
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Wesman%20II/1/skidplates2.JPG
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Wesman%20II/1/skidplates3.JPG

I checked with Setina before installing the bars, they don't require cutting the plastic bumper in front of the car. They did cut a little notch behind the grille, its only visible when you are up close looking for it.
The skid plates cover the bottom of the engine and I got the transmission plate protector too. Mainly for if I go off the track and do some lawn mowing at the trackday events I plan on attending.
The bars are aluminium, 40lbs. I think the plates are a bit heavier. So I probably added 100 lbs to the very front of the car, the worst place for handling.
Also got Dennis' driveshaft installed, better but still a slight vibration at 110mph.

Smokie
01-22-2005, 01:11 PM
They look great !!! What is that white stuff all over your pictures ?:dunno:

wesman
01-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Eastern seaboard weather is picking up nicely. Doesn't slow me down much with my snows and T/C.

tmac1337
01-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Is that what snow looks like?

bigslim
01-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Always wanted to be cop, hey Wes??

Krytin
01-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Is that what snow looks like?
I really don't think that's at all funny (he typed as the snow piled up on his Marauder)!

dwasson
01-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Wes, maybe you should get a cow catcher. Just throw the deer and oblivious drivers to the side of the road and move on.

wesman
01-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Always wanted to be cop, hey Wes??
Always wanted to maraude with impunity.

wesman
01-22-2005, 03:33 PM
I really don't think that's at all funny (he typed as the snow piled up on his Marauder)!
Its only funny if you don't have anywhere to go!

Krytin
01-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Its only funny if you don't have anywhere to go!
LOL! True enough (he typed as he logged off to go out & start up the snowblower)!

Patrick
01-24-2005, 09:14 AM
:high5: :high5:

TripleTransAm
01-24-2005, 09:49 AM
What is that white stuff all over your pictures ?:dunno:

It's cocaine. Toronto is a busy hub for the North American drug trade. The sheer volume of the stuff that goes through the Toronto airport is staggering. What seems to have happened shortly before these photos were taken was that the RCMP managed to intercept a few cargo planes loaded with the stuff and a fair amount seems to have been jettisoned or otherwise spread through breaches in the planes' fuselage and cargo areas, after they shot them down.

Such a massive drug interception doesn't happen often, but when it does the municipal employees usually bring out the loaded salt trucks and are often followed by citizens spreading tequila on the road behind them. Pretty big party usually ensues. In one of the photos above, you can spot a tired citizen staggering home in the background.

Edit: by the way, the bars look cool. How are they supported? (ie. bolts? Weld?) Any chance for closeup pics? How removeable are they?

ckadiddle
01-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Love those bars. Would get some, but my wife is afraid that SHE would use them.

RoyLPita
01-24-2005, 11:39 AM
I like the push bar and the steel wheels. However, changing your oil with that skid plate in place has now become a little more "time consuming". Also, Did you have to drill holes and/or cut the front bumper cover to install the push bar?

Just my .02 and then some

wesman
01-24-2005, 12:03 PM
no drilling, but they did cut two notches for the upper support bars behind the grille at the top of the bumper.

MI2QWK4U
01-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Am I the only one to wince when looking at those pics? I'm sure there are lots of guys out there trying to make their crown vic or marquis look like a Marauder... But making your Marauder look like a common run of the mill crown vic police car is sick.

Bradley G
01-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Mine looks just like that,less the bars.

Dave, you probably drive a PI,So us that don't ,see it a little different;)
Bradley G

Am I the only one to wince when looking at those pics? I'm sure there are lots of guys out there trying to make their crown vic or marquis look like a Marauder... But making your Marauder look like a common run of the mill crown vic police car is sick.

wesman
01-24-2005, 06:42 PM
I just really wanted the stealth right now, my license needs it.
BTW, I knew that was coming.

QWK SVT
01-24-2005, 07:35 PM
I just really wanted the stealth right now, my license needs it.
BTW, I knew that was coming.
Got a few tickets? Knock on wood, I only have two on my record now, both for less than 15km over (both within the last 8 months, too). I get the sense T.O. Police are pretty hard on speeding...

I hear all these people on these boards (from south of here) talk about getting out of tickets, taking it to court and winning, etc. My experience has been just the opposite. I've only been let off with a warning, once (I accidently spun the tires from a red in the Lightning)... I've gone to court, and lost. I've gone to POINTTS, and they lost (and took $375 on top of the fine).

I do my darndest to be good, but that one time I goof off, I inevitably get caught :depress:

01 Interceptor
01-24-2005, 08:11 PM
I know from personal experience, that having a car that appears as an in-service car does not bring you "stealth." If anything, you are looked upon with more scrutiny. To each his own...

snowbird
01-24-2005, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=wesman]Here are a few pics of my latest and greatest for the Marauder.
To complete the look I started with the wheels and snow tires.

QUOTE]
Hey Wesman,

Congrats on your front add on. I was thinking about it for a winter only mod and then you just post pictures of it !

Beware of your point number 2. I guess the little evil inside of us could make the owner of such a sturdy pusher to just use it given a good opportunity ... :up: :up:

wesman
01-25-2005, 08:20 AM
I know from personal experience, that having a car that appears as an in-service car does not bring you "stealth." If anything, you are looked upon with more scrutiny. To each his own...
I was a little worried about that, maybe one LEO would see what I am trying to do and make me regret it, but many departments around here have blue undercovers. And lots of cabs have ram bars and they get away with bloody murder.

CBT
01-25-2005, 09:59 AM
LOL! You're crazy man, CRAZY!
It's cocaine. Toronto is a busy hub for the North American drug trade. The sheer volume of the stuff that goes through the Toronto airport is staggering. What seems to have happened shortly before these photos were taken was that the RCMP managed to intercept a few cargo planes loaded with the stuff and a fair amount seems to have been jettisoned or otherwise spread through breaches in the planes' fuselage and cargo areas, after they shot them down.

Such a massive drug interception doesn't happen often, but when it does the municipal employees usually bring out the loaded salt trucks and are often followed by citizens spreading tequila on the road behind them. Pretty big party usually ensues. In one of the photos above, you can spot a tired citizen staggering home in the background.

Edit: by the way, the bars look cool. How are they supported? (ie. bolts? Weld?) Any chance for closeup pics? How removeable are they?

Embassy
01-31-2005, 01:00 PM
Speechless.

wesman
01-31-2005, 03:37 PM
Speechless.
Good or bad?
Nice machine. Love the clear corners.