PDA

View Full Version : Procharger/mm Dyno Wow!

maraudernkc
01-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Well went in today for some final testing and below are the numbers and facts.

92 Octane
410 Gears
90 MM MAF
Twin Cobra pumps
Cobra manifolds and X pipe
stock converter

6200 RPM@10PSI
RWHP 455
RWTQ 413

At 2800 RPM the car made 328 RWTQ.
At 4000 RPM the car made 398 RWTQ

This was a base SCT tune we have not even tuned the car yet, This will happen on Friday.

The car flat out hauls A**.

I will post a Dyno sheet next friday after my tune.

Thanks, Greg

Smokie
01-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Should be very fast. Congratulations.

maraudernkc
01-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Smokie, thanks and yes it is fast!

Should be very fast. Congratulations.

tmac1337
01-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Looking forward to seeing the results with the final tune. So far these numbers have exceeded my expectations. Your car must seriously haul ass and melt tires. Low end Torque? Must have gobs of it with those numbers. :)

maraudernkc
01-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Tim, I am looking forward to meeting you in person and getting you behind the wheel of the MM/Procharger. I think you will be very impressed.

Thanks, Greg

Looking forward to seeing the results with the final tune. So far these numbers have exceeded my expectations. Your car must seriously haul ass and melt tires. Low end Torque? Must have gobs of it with those numbers. :)

FordNut
01-22-2005, 05:50 PM

92 Octane
410 Gears
90 MM MAF
Twin Cobra pumps
stock converter

6200 RPM@10PSI (RPM@10PSI)
RWHP 455
TWTQ 413

This was a base SCT tune we have not even tuned the car yet, This will happen on Friday.

Thanks, Greg
Sounds great! Did you relocate the intercooler behind the grille yet? Looking forward to pics. Email on the way asking about possible options.

BillyGman
01-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Very nice numbers!!! :) The twin Cobra fuel pumps wouldn't be a part of the kit, right? If not, then how much more $$ will those cost? Don't you have to change to a different gas tank for those pumps too?

maraudernkc
01-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Fordnut, The Intercooler was not effecient behind the grille. We were loosing HP with all the dam 90 degree bends. The intercooler is now reposioned down low where are front spoiler is now and is about a 1/4 inch lower than the front cross member and looks and works fantastic. We are also adding a aluminum scoop to force more air thru the intercooler.

Thanks, Greg

Sounds great! Did you relocate the intercooler behind the grille yet? Looking forward to pics. Email on the way asking about possible options.

Tallboy
01-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Wow! Great numbers, Greg!

maraudernkc
01-22-2005, 06:38 PM
BillyGman, Thank you for the comment about the nice numbers.

The twin Cobra pumps are part of the kit.

We take the stock MM fuel pump assembly and cut it and then take a complete dual cobra pump assembly and weld it to the MM Fuel tank assembly. Works perfect. It drops right in the tank and plugs right in.

Not cheap to do but I feel it's the best set up and it allows you to crank up the HP and have plenty of fuel. Ford would not use that set up on there blower motor if it was not right.

Take care, Greg

Very nice numbers!!! :) The twin Cobra fuel pumps wouldn't be a part of the kit, right? If not, then how much more $$ will those cost? Don't you have to change to a different gas tank for those pumps too?

Cobra25
01-22-2005, 08:11 PM

We take the stock MM fuel pump assembly and cut it and then take a complete dual cobra pump assembly and weld it to the MM Fuel tank assembly. Works perfect. It drops right in the tank and plugs right in.

Not cheap to do but I feel it's the best set up and it allows you to crank up the HP and have plenty of fuel. Ford would not use that set up on there blower motor if it was not right.

Take care, Greg I'm impressed with those numbers. Tim and me talk about your kit alot and all the time you have been putting in it so it comes out right. Thank you. Now the twin Cobra pumps are part of the kit, does this have to be done with your kit. Can we use the stock one?

maraudernkc
01-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Cobra25, I wish we could use the stock fuel pump assembly but it does not put out enfoughf fuel. You have to remember that we are increasing the HP by well over 50%. The stock injectors are 24lb and now we have 42 lb Injectors.

I hope the weather is nice for Tim when he comes down feb. 12th.

Take care, greg

I'm impressed with those numbers. Tim and me talk about your kit alot and all the time you have been putting in it so it comes out right. Thank you. Now the twin Cobra pumps are part of the kit, does this have to be done with your kit. Can we use the stock one?

Cobra25
01-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Cobra25, I wish we could use the stock fuel pump assembly but it does not put out enfoughf fuel. You have to remember that we are increasing the HP by well over 50%. The stock injectors are 24lb and now we have 42 lb Injectors.

I hope the weather is nice for Tim when he come down feb. 12th.

Take care, greg Understood ,thanks. Tim is looking foward to flying up and doing the test drive and meeting you. As Tim and I say , it's nice to put a face to the voice. I'm sure you will do very well with sales on this kit. :bows:

studio460
01-22-2005, 10:07 PM
We are also adding a aluminum scoop to force more air thru the intercooler.Greg:
HOLY CRAP!!! Congratulations, Greg!!! Those numbers are amazing! I really like the intercooler relocation idea and the scoop modification that you're designing. This is getting really exciting! CAN'T WAIT!!!

HwyCruiser
01-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Heck yes Greg's car hauls butt! He took me out for a spin around the block after his testing today. He wasn't kidding about getting pushed back into the seat when the boost really starts to kick in. At full throttle, it feels like a passenger jet taking off!

From what I've had the privilege to see so far, Greg's R&D has been impressive. Greg has told me that he wouldn't be satisfied with his own build until he knew that he had the right combination... and today he seemed pretty pleased with getting close to nailing down the build.

Greg has found a local SCT speed shop that has the right dyno resources for his testing. AF was taken before the cats, boost was logged, air pressure drop was measured across the intercooler and temperature was measured both before and after the blower.

I saw superchargers, intercoolers, and plumbing at the ready for his mechanic to lay is hands on between pulls. The intercooler was tested under the air dam, moved behind the grill, and then moved back under the air dam, and each configuration was observed with the various instrumentation. His decision to keep the intercooler under the car was an easy one to make.

As the man said, tuning is next. The numbers will be what they will be. In my opinion Greg has really come a long nicely with this build and is going above and beyond for his own personal satisfaction. Good for us that he has the resources and entreprenurial spirit to offer this to the community. Its going to be very interesting to see how the kit finally shakes out.

HwyCruiser
01-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Greg said he was going back to go over pricing with his mechanic / fabricator, and there you have it:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15545

tmac1337
01-22-2005, 11:41 PM
For the money to HP and TQ ratio, this is the best kit going so far. Greg has included only top notch components in his kit. Talk to him on the phone for 5 minutes and you can tell he is an honest business man. What you see is what you get! Looking forward to the final product sitting in my engine compartment.

BillyGman
01-23-2005, 03:59 AM

Ford would not use that set up on there blower motor if it was not right.

Take care, Greg
No, I wasn't calling into question the use of the Cobra fuel pumps at all. i was simply wondering if they will be included in the kit, and if another gas tank was needed, and you've answered my questions. Thanks. ;)

Logan
01-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Thread truncated. Start the childish SC to SC comparison crap again and accounts will be removed.

Joe Walsh
01-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Thank You Logan....I was about to post that we should keep this civil and not let the thread 'devolve' into another S/C War.

fastblackmerc
01-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Thank You Logan....I was about to post that we should keep this civil and not let the thread 'devolve' into another S/C War.
Thanks Logan........

MikesMerc
01-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Let's wait and see how everything works out!

greg, you have a PM.

maraudernkc
01-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Logan Thank You!

Joe Walsh
01-23-2005, 10:10 AM
Greg, Let me thank you for all the hard work you've put into bringing the Procharger Kit to market. I am looking forward to seeing the dyno sheets when you post them.
I am also VERY glad that you went with the 'chin mount with scoop' intercooler location as I have stuff mounted behind the grille already.
I don't like the idea of lots of piping and 90s in a S/C kit.
I am definitely going to take a serious look at your kit as I get closer to committing to a S/C choice. (no more mod $$$ for now!) :(
I will stay N/A for now........
As passionate as everyone is about their particular S/C choice, I'm better off staying N/A and not risk losing lots of friends! :depress:

maraudernkc
01-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Joe Walsh, I appreciate your cooments and I know there are pople that think the kit does not perform and I understand that. It's a new kit that no one has had the chance to drive or see. Tmac is cooming to Knasas City Feb. 12th to drive the car before he invests $4950.00 and I don't blame him. I would do the same on a new product.

Take care, greg

Greg, Let me thank you for all the hard work you've put into bringing the Procharger Kit to market. I am looking forward to seeing the dyno sheets when you post them.
I am also VERY glad that you went with the 'chin mount with scoop' intercooler location as I have stuff mounted behind the grille already.
I don't like the idea of lots of piping and 90s in a S/C kit.
I am definitely going to take a serious look at your kit as I get closer to committing to a S/C choice. (no more mod $$$ for now!) :(
I will stay N/A for now........
As passionate as everyone is about their particular S/C choice, I'm better off staying N/A and not risk losing lots of friends! :depress:

HotrodMerc
01-23-2005, 11:48 AM

I hope the weather is nice for Tim when he comes down feb. 12th.

Take care, greg

Greg, ditto on the appreciation of your effort developing this kit, and success with it. A few Q.'s please: Have you had a chance to do any pulls with 91 octane, or any guess what no's would be with 91, at appropriate boost level, whatever that may be? 91 is all that is now available in my area except race gas. Also, not that this is important to many who would consider installing any mod. of this type, but do you have an idea of effect on mileage, with exception of rear gear change?
Lastly, do you have a no. on TWTQ at 2,000 rpm? Thanks!

Bradley G
01-23-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm better off staying N/A and not risk losing lots of friends Quote
If their decision to be friends is based on this,They weren't much of a friend !
Bradley G

maraudernkc
01-23-2005, 12:35 PM
HotrodMerc, Thanks for the complement.

1. I have not done any pulls with 91 Octane.

2. I am not sure if we would have to back out any timing or not for 91 octane.

3. last time I checked milage this was overdrive always off ,4:10 Gears, city driving and driving it hard I got 12 MPG.

The Dyno pull started at 2800 RPM and the RWTQ was 328

Friday I will be tuning and will start the pull at 2000 RPM.

Thanks, Greg

Greg, ditto on the appreciation of your effort developing this kit, and success with it. A few Q.'s please: Have you had a chance to do any pulls with 91 octane, or any guess what no's would be with 91, at appropriate boost level, whatever that may be? 91 is all that is now available in my area except race gas. Also, not that this is important to many who would consider installing any mod. of this type, but do you have an idea of effect on mileage, with exception of rear gear change?
Lastly, do you have a no. on TWTQ at 2,000 rpm? Thanks!

Joe Walsh
01-23-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm better off staying N/A and not risk losing lots of friends Quote
If their decision to be friends is based on this,They weren't much of a friend !
Bradley G

Just a poke :poke: at how any discussion on S/Cs quickly gets out of hand...:duel:
We all love Marauders and how each of us chooses to make our own Marauder faster shouldn't matter to others.

maraudernkc
01-23-2005, 12:52 PM
I agree with you if you feel that a Trilogy kit or a DR kit is better for you. I hope that you enjoy the kit and no hard feelings. Any supercharged MM is a good one.

Greg

:beer:

Just a poke :poke: at how any discussion on S/Cs quickly gets out of hand...:duel:
We all love Marauders and how each of us chooses to make our own Marauder faster shouldn't matter to others.

jstevens
01-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Greg, please post finished pictures when you have a chance.

RoyLPita
01-23-2005, 03:52 PM

92 Octane
410 Gears
90 MM MAF
Twin Cobra pumps
stock converter

6200 RPM@10PSI
RWHP 455
RWTQ 413

Thanks, Greg

Greg,
Those are some pretty impressive numbers. Just out of curiosity, about how much less HP & TQ would it be if this kit was put on a bone stock MM???

BTW, Keep up the good work.

maraudernkc
01-23-2005, 05:47 PM
RoyLPita, I would say 20 to 30 RWHP with stock Exhaust.

Thanks, Greg

Greg,
Those are some pretty impressive numbers. Just out of curiosity, about how much less HP & TQ would it be if this kit was put on a bone stock MM???

BTW, Keep up the good work.

Bradley G
01-24-2005, 06:01 AM
Congradulations Greg!,

I'm happy to see you worked out your problems!Continued Sucess,You have a great choice!For having a limited audience, Our community has three great options to supercharge their Marauders!I'm watching for how your car runs in comparison !
I understand the members to be zelous about their preference,but sometimes it seems they loose site of others may have a different agenda.:beatnik:
Bradley G

GodOSpeed
01-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Hey Greg I've been following your threads with interest since you've stared your venture and all I got to say is... Hell yea'!! I just wish there were 5 more just like you out there. There is no way that anyone in "our community" can chastise you for what you've done in our quest to make our cars the hot rods that they really are. An affordable s/c? :help: When I page through a hot rod book and see a F-150 (or whatever) s/c kit for $2600 I could just puke! So all in all carve your niche and carve it DEEP! We all know that you were a Marauder owner First with Now some go fast fits. I for one applaud you. 10,XXX windless marauders still available!

maraudernkc
01-25-2005, 07:45 PM
GodOSpeed, Thank you very much! I appreciate everything you said.

Thanks, Greg

Hey Greg I've been following your threads with interest since you've stared you venture and all I got to say is... Hell yea'!! I just wish there were 5 more just like you out there. There is no way that anyone in "our community" can chastise you for what you've done in our quest to make our cars the hot rods that they really are. An affordable s/c? :help: When I page through a hot rod book and see a F-150 (or whatever) s/c kit for $2600 I could just puke! So all in all carve your niche and carve it DEEP! We all know that you were a Marauder owner First with Now some go fast fits. I for one applaud you. 10,XXX windless marauders still available!

MarauderTJA
01-28-2005, 09:26 AM
I am going building another motor for my 01 GT Mustang which presently has a Procharger P1SC (10#) w/three core intercooler. I most likely will be going with a D1SC with the new forged crank, pistons rod block etc. I would like to possibly put the P1SC in my 04 Marauder. I have been watching your threads since the beginning and have been excited at your results. My questions, do you know if I can purchase all the components minus the supercharger? And if so, any idea on the costs? I am going to upgrade the entire exhaust system with a Kooks set up and I have 4:10's and a Predator set up for tuning at present. Thanks.

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

92 Octane
410 Gears
90 MM MAF
Twin Cobra pumps
stock converter

6200 RPM@10PSI
RWHP 455
RWTQ 413

Thanks, Greg

maraudernkc
01-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Tom, around 3700.00 without the blower.

Thanks, Greg

I am going building another motor for my 01 GT Mustang which presently has a Procharger P1SC (10#) w/three core intercooler. I most likely will be going with a D1SC with the new forged crank, pistons rod block etc. I would like to possibly put the P1SC in my 04 Marauder. I have been watching your threads since the beginning and have been excited at your results. My questions, do you know if I can purchase all the components minus the supercharger? And if so, any idea on the costs? I am going to upgrade the entire exhaust system with a Kooks set up and I have 4:10's and a Predator set up for tuning at present. Thanks.

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

MarauderTJA
01-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Thanks Greg. If I buy the complete kit w/blower, have you arrived at a total cost for the kit? And when will it be available? My son-in-law wants my Procharger for his MVIII Lincoln. So I may go new with everything.

Thanks, TOM Cape Coral, Florida

Tom, around 3700.00 without the blower.

Thanks, Greg

maraudernkc
01-29-2005, 10:15 AM
The price is 4950.00 for the complete kit. No core charges. Shipping starts Feb. 25th.

There is another thread that shows everthing that comes with the kit.

Remember you will not have to put a hole in your oil pan. This is a self contained blower.

Thanks Greg. If I buy the complete kit w/blower, have you arrived at a total cost for the kit? And when will it be available? My son-in-law wants my Procharger for his MVIII Lincoln. So I may go new with everything.

Thanks, TOM Cape Coral, Florida