PDA

View Full Version : January 30, 05

Bigdogjim
01-24-2005, 07:45 PM
OK the big BLIZZARD stole the meet last week :help:

Who's up for this Sunday?

Same place, same time :beer:

I think the roads should be clear by then :)

Dark_Knight7096
01-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Just double checkin, still at the UNO's in orange county correct? I'm gonna try to be there, barring any unforseen circumstances arising.

jgc61sr2002
01-24-2005, 09:48 PM

Jim - I must say you are a positive thinker. :D
IMO with all the snow we received to date and more on the way the roads will still be wet and salty. :(
If you have an every day driver then there should be no problem, but my Marauder and many others do not see snow, ice or salt. :D

Seneca
01-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Count me in weather permiting..this will be my 2nd meet.. !!.. :beer:

valkyrie
01-25-2005, 07:24 AM

If my car is fixed and out of the shop I will be there.

DEFYANT
01-25-2005, 09:17 AM
I am planning on going to LINY on 1/29. I may be able to make this....

tbore007
01-25-2005, 12:35 PM
I Guess We Will Have To Wait And See. Did Someone Say Something About A Poster?

DL04
01-25-2005, 03:01 PM
No can do - jr's Christening is Sunday-see you at the next one

Krytin
01-25-2005, 06:25 PM
The weather is here, wish you were beautiful!

I'll be there if there's no blizzard!

jgc61sr2002
01-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Weather people are talking about 2-4 inches tonight. :(

Haggis
01-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Doesn't look like we will be able to make it this weekend. Now if you all did not wimp out last Sunday, we would have been there too....SUPRISE!!

Hopefully you all don't get snowed out again. :alone:

Bigdogjim
01-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Doesn't look like we will be able to make it this weekend. Now if you all did not wimp out last Sunday, we would have been there too....SUPRISE!!

Hopefully you all don't get snowed out again. :alone:

Now lets set the record straight.

No one "wimped" out last weekend :P :P

We just choose to error on the side of caution ;)

Haggis
01-26-2005, 04:40 AM
Now lets set the record straight.

No one "wimped" out last weekend :P :P

We just choose to error on the side of caution ;)

Is that the story your sticking to? :P

valkyrie
01-27-2005, 01:31 PM
Ok let's get a fresh count of everyone that will make it for the meet this Sunday January 30th.

I will be there! The weather is suppose to cooperate.

DEFYANT
01-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Looks good for me too, except, I know it is in NY but where is it again.... I have been searching around and cant find the exact location..

valkyrie
01-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Looks good for me too, except, I know it is in NY but where is it again.... I have been searching around and cant find the exact location..

Defyant I understand you will be in Long Island? What part?

DEFYANT
01-27-2005, 03:12 PM
No. Babylon / Deer Park area

TheDealer
01-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Jim, I have some parts for Jay Wish you can deliver. Ray

Krytin
01-27-2005, 04:18 PM
No. Babylon / Deer Park area
Harry,
We should link up w/Defyant and run up together!

nexstar7
01-27-2005, 04:40 PM
i dont think i'll make it. weather sucks, to slipery and need i say about the salt? hey dennis , cograds on the christening you got to get some growlwers for that day :beer: :burnout:

Bigdogjim
01-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Jim, I have some parts for Jay Wish you can deliver. Ray
I will be in on Friday:):):)

MENINBLK
01-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Sunday, Jan 30th, 12:00 noon at Uno's ?

I'll be there !!!

Just in case the NEWBIES want to know where it is...

Uno Chicago Grill
20 Centre Drive
Central Valley, NY 10917
845-783-6560
845-783-3683 (FAX)

Hours of Operation
Sun-Thurs 11a-12a
Fri-Sat 11a-1a

valkyrie
01-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Harry,
We should link up w/Defyant and run up together!

Let's do that. Do you know how to get there?

Ralph do you want to ride with me?

DEFYANT
01-27-2005, 07:24 PM
This sounds good to me guys.. Do you travel the LIE or the No. / So. Pkwys? Name the location and I'll be there.

Krytin
01-27-2005, 08:08 PM
This sounds good to me guys.. Do you travel the LIE or the No. / So. Pkwys? Name the location and I'll be there.
I take the LIE in - will be going past you so we need to find a staging area near where you're staying. There is a rest area near exit 52, or another place, you pick. We can pick up Harry on the way.

DEFYANT
01-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Sounds good to me, I'll meet you at the rest stop near exit 52. What time?

tbore007
01-28-2005, 08:19 AM
dont think im going to be able to make this,,enjoy guys.......

Bigdogjim
01-28-2005, 11:42 AM
dont think im going to be able to make this,,enjoy guys.......

Sorry but I also am going to have to pass :mad2:

I have the feeling this week from hell is never going to end.

Next time gang!

Carry on :beer:

troopcar
01-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Jim - I must say you are a positive thinker. :D
IMO with all the snow we received to date and more on the way the roads will still be wet and salty. :(
If you have an every day driver then there should be no problem, but my Marauder and many others do not see snow, ice or salt. :D

I'm afraid the roads are still not ready for my pampered Marauder. The beast is still marooned behind 100 feet of 12 inch deep hardened snow, and my tertiary street still looks like a frozen tundra, not to mention the sodium-encrusted roads.

If you guys are still planning to meet on Sunday (1/30), I would have to take the 9C1 Caprice. He should feel right at home on the salty NYS Thruway where he spent his first 95k miles patrolling from Newburgh to Albany (and has the underbody rust to prove it).

I'll keep checking the thread to see if the meet is still happening. So, who is still in for Sunday?

I hate winter.

:censor:

troopcar

P.S. to Bigdog: You'd better make the next meet, or else!

jgc61sr2002
01-28-2005, 01:02 PM
I am also going to pass, :( see you all next time. :D

Bigdogjim
01-28-2005, 03:49 PM
I'll keep checking the thread to see if the meet is still happening. So, who is still in for Sunday?

I hate winter.

:censor:

troopcar

P.S. to Bigdog: You'd better make the next meet, or else!

OK! I'll take the or else:rofl: :rofl:

DL04
01-29-2005, 02:56 AM
:beer:
i dont think i'll make it. weather sucks, to slipery and need i say about the salt? hey dennis , cograds on the christening you got to get some growlwers for that day :beer: :burnout:
Thanks Ralph - Gotem on ice!! :beer:

DL04
01-29-2005, 03:00 AM
;)
I take the LIE in - will be going past you so we need to find a staging area near where you're staying. There is a rest area near exit 52, or another place, you pick. We can pick up Harry on the way.
Paul, you may want to pick another place- if you wear your hat you might scare all the "BOYS" out of the park and ride!! :rolleyes: then again you might end up with a date for lunch! :D :D

sundaydog
01-29-2005, 05:56 AM
I see a few people cancelling for Sunday. Is this meet still on or should it be pushed back a little? I only see about 5 people attending.

valkyrie
01-29-2005, 07:53 AM
I see a few people cancelling for Sunday. Is this meet still on or should it be pushed back a little? I only see about 5 people attending.

Al,
I was looking at the same thing. There are very few going. If only a small group is going maybe we should do something closer to the folks that are going.

It seems we have Defyant, Krytin, Valkyrie, Al are you in.

Maybe we can do something on the Island instead since that is where everyone except Al is at?

Input anyone? Maybe Hooters?

jgc61sr2002
01-29-2005, 09:33 AM
;)
Paul, you may want to pick another place- if you wear your hat you might scare all the "BOYS" out of the park and ride!! :rolleyes: then again you might end up with a date for lunch! :D :D

Dennis - Don't think they got that. :D :D

Krytin
01-29-2005, 09:47 AM
Dennis - Don't think they got that. :D :D
I got it!
I was busy all day yesterday couldn't get on the computer - big problem - Tell you about it at the meet! Someplace closer is cool - just let me know.

troopcar
01-29-2005, 10:16 AM
Al,
I was looking at the same thing. There are very few going. If only a small group is going maybe we should do something closer to the folks that are going.

It seems we have Defyant, Krytin, Valkyrie, Al are you in.

Maybe we can do something on the Island instead since that is where everyone except Al is at?

I believe we also have jaywish, meninblk, troopcar, & Adrian (who started the original thread -- are you still in with the new date?) We now have two threads going on the same meet.

To further confuse the issue, they're predicting an inch or two of snow overnight into Sunday morning.

I can do the meet tomorrow in Central Valley (with the Caprice) or maybe we can reschedule for next Saturday, Feb. 5 (day before the Superbowl) or any other date in February.

Hard to plan in winter . . .

troopcar

jaywish
01-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Hi,

It looks like I'm still good to go. I don't care where, LI, Yonkers or that shopping mall.

Jay

sundaydog
01-29-2005, 02:01 PM
This meet doesn't seem to have that much energy behind it. I vote to move it to a more central location. I'm in for a L.I. location. Not too far out. I believe we went to a Hooters somewhere around East Meadow a year ago. That would be fine if enough people sign up. If not, let's wait a couple more weeks and see if we can get a bigger turnout.

valkyrie
01-29-2005, 02:48 PM
This meet doesn't seem to have that much energy behind it. I vote to move it to a more central location. I'm in for a L.I. location. Not too far out. I believe we went to a Hooters somewhere around East Meadow a year ago. That would be fine if enough people sign up. If not, let's wait a couple more weeks and see if we can get a bigger turnout.

Let's have some more input for anyone that is available tomorrow. I am open to anything.

Dark_Knight7096
01-29-2005, 05:35 PM
What's goin on? At the uno's in orange county, or somewhere else? Is the meet cancelled for a later date?

DEFYANT
01-29-2005, 06:25 PM
I am in!! I am here on LI (Krytin- got the PM, check yours) and am game for anything. If the majority is on LI then lets to a meet on the island. Likewise, if we have guys from further points west..... we could road trip out there.

See you tomarrow.

Krytin
01-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Well, we still haven't gotten any input from Adrian. If he's giving out posters I'll run to Uno;s - if not, Yonkers or East Meadow. (got the PM Defyant)

valkyrie
01-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Well, we still haven't gotten any input from Adrian. If he's giving out posters I'll run to Uno;s - if not, Yonkers or East Meadow. (got the PM Defyant)

Paul I will also do either one. I don't have a preference.

Adrian are you planning on being there? If so we can keep it at Uno's.

Marauder
01-29-2005, 09:11 PM

Adrian are you planning on being there? If so we can keep it at Uno's.

Hey guys....sorry for the late response. I'm up for whatever...weather permitting. Ralph and/or Harry and/or Paul, call me.

03SILVERSTREAK
01-29-2005, 11:40 PM

Adrian are you planning on being there? If so we can keep it at Uno's.It official now the Get Together will be for January 30 at the same time , same location and I've not forgotten that the first sixteen MM cars that show up will get the MM Poster:trophy: :2thumbs: :party1: so nothing has changed so I hope those that were planning to Attend , come on up. the parking lot is cleaned up and the roads look good. I will be there so come on up.:beer: :beer: :beer:

03SILVERSTREAK
01-29-2005, 11:52 PM
The Date is set for January 30 at 12 Noon by the Majority.

These are the directions that I posted back in July 2004:

For the New Jersey Member's and those driving south from Connecticut or from further upstate NY- Exit 16 on I-87 New York State Thruway . when you go through the toll plaza , first exit on your right up the ramp to a traffic light . Green light make a left turn facing south on route 32 you will be driving over route 6-17 to the second light . continue driving south on route 32 about 250 feet staying to your left to the third light . make a left into the Woodbury Center plaza where you will see the UNOs Restarant . enter parking lot by the first left turn or the second left turn in the plaza . The map location at UNOs website has the location on the wrong side of route 6-17 . It is not in the Woodbury Commons , but south of it . if you are coming from route 6-17 eastbound toward I-87 get off at exit 131 which is the last exit on route 6-17 , up to the light , make a right on to route 32 and staying to your left to make the left turn into the Woodbury center plaza . and to cover all bases if your coming southbound on route 6 from over Bear Mountain , continue over I-87 and exit right onto route 32 , head northbound 150 feet to the first light , make a right into Woodbury Center plaza .

Uno Chicago Grill

20 Centre Drive

Central Valley, NY 10917 ( Orange County )

845-783-6560

sundaydog
01-30-2005, 05:37 AM
O.K. It's official. Uno's at Woodbury Commons. See you there at 12:00

Krytin
01-30-2005, 06:51 AM
Deal! Looking forward to it! Harry & Danny, Where can Defyant & I hook up w/you?

valkyrie
01-30-2005, 07:14 AM
Deal! Looking forward to it! Harry & Danny, Where can Defyant & I hook up w/you?

Paul,
Danny is more familiar with the roads here so if you could work it out with him I will call him and get the details

Since it is getting so late you may want to call him.

Krytin
01-30-2005, 07:26 AM
Will do! Calling now.

Krytin
01-30-2005, 07:33 AM
Staging areas:
LIE rest stop @ exit 52 - 10:30 am Krytin & Defyant
Cross Island Parkway Northbound @ Marina Parking lot between Northern Blvd & Throgs Neck Bridge - 11:00 am Valkyrie & Marauder

MENINBLK
01-30-2005, 07:36 AM
Just checking in...

I should be leaving Yonkers at about 11:00 am.
If you guys have a Motorola FRS radio, or compatible, bring it along for the ride.
Put it on Channel 5 and we'll pick eachother up when we are within range...

Dark_Knight7096
01-30-2005, 04:08 PM
sorry i missed it, but i didn't get any conformations about location or time before i went to bed so i just didn't plan on it, plus after the night i had last night, i don't trust myself behind the wheel i might jerk the wheel into a gol darn bridge embankment.

03SILVERSTREAK
01-30-2005, 07:56 PM
The place : UNOS-Chicago Grill

The Location : Route 32 , in Woodbury Center

Near Woodbury Common Premium Outlets Central Valley , Orange County NY

(845) 783-6560

The Date : January 30 , 2005

The Time : 12:00 noon

I wish to thank all those members that came up to the Get Together and are recognized :

Krytin

Valkyrie-thanks for the disk , it was an excellent show

Troopcar-who showed up in a chevy :confused: ;)

Sundaydog

Defiyant-(sorry I don't recall your friend's name)

Men in Black

All in all we had a great time , good food and good laughs and a few photos

nexstar7
01-30-2005, 08:54 PM
sorry i couldnt make it. i worked a 17 hr day and i was wiped out for sunday.

valkyrie
01-31-2005, 07:04 AM
sorry i couldnt make it. i worked a 17 hr day and i was wiped out for sunday.

WIMP! :D :D

Bigdogjim
01-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Sorry I missed:mad:

Next time gang:up:

DEFYANT
01-31-2005, 09:52 PM
It was great to meet you all in person. I trip up was....well, a trip! I'll have to come up to visit the faimly next time you all get together ;)

troopcar
02-01-2005, 05:34 PM
I enjoyed the meet in Central Valley (as usual) and was honored that everyone graciously allowed the salty 9C1 Caprice to park next to the Marauders. Actually, now that I think about it, they had no choice since it was a public parking lot. Anyway, I prefer to think that the Marauder folks were being nice. Defyant gets the farthest travelled award of the day.

Had some fun hitting the shops at Woodbury Common after the meet. Much later as I drove home (with outside temp. in the 20's), I discovered that the heater really is not working in the Caprice. Had a chilly ride home.

Looking forward to bringing the Marauder to the next meet. I hope we have 20 cars next time.

I posted some pix of the meet in my gallery, if anyone wants to take a peek.

:sunshine:

troopcar

I almost forgot: thanks to 03SILVERSTREAK for bringing the 03 Marauder posters and to Valkyrie for the Marauder promotional DVDs.