PDA

View Full Version : Will these headers fit?

LVMarauder
01-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Someone made a thread recently about different headers. I jumped on ebay and found these shorties. says most 289 302 and 5.0's? can that be?

BillyGman
01-27-2005, 01:55 AM
I don't think they will fit. We have a 281 cubed engine (4.6L) which uses different cyliner heads than a 289 and a 302. Those are pushrod engines that don't have 32 vcalve DOHC cylinder heads like our Marauder do. Completely different. And I think the exhaust manifold bolt patterns are different too.

RF Overlord
01-27-2005, 08:10 AM
^^^what Billy said^^^

Although I've not tried to put 289 headers on a 4.6, I would be HIGHLY surprised if they were even close.

BTW, the 302 and the 5.0 are the same motor, and it's just a stroked 289, so the same headers would fit all three...

MarauderMark
01-27-2005, 08:21 AM
I don't think they will fit. We have a 281 cubed engine (4.6L) which uses different cyliner heads than a 289 and a 302. Those are pushrod engines that don't have 32 vcalve DOHC cylinder heads like our Marauder do. Completely different. And I think the exhaust manifold bolt patterns are different too.

Not only that but don't they have to be conformed to fit in our engine bay as well?

BillyGman
01-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Not only that but don't they have to be conformed to fit in our engine bay as well?
Yep. The primary tubes would need to be bent in different angles to clear accessories, undercarriage, frame, etc.

bobbyc
01-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Someone made a thread recently about different headers. I jumped on ebay and found these shorties. says most 289 302 and 5.0's? can that be?
They won't fit your motor or your car, totally different. On another note, do you have or know anybody who has at leaset one OEM wiper for the '03? I'm showing my car in a week and need at least one original wiper. Thanks in advance for any help. (If I knew how to start a thread on this I would...)

BillyGman
01-28-2005, 03:57 PM
They won't fit your motor or your car, totally different. On another note, do you have or know anybody who has at leaset one OEM wiper for the '03? I'm showing my car in a week and need at least one original wiper. Thanks in advance for any help. (If I knew how to start a thread on this I would...)
Bobby, just click on this forum ("Garage") or any other forum name, and when that window appears with all the thread titles, click on the "forum tools" button at the top of the page to start a new thread.;)

chasrein01
01-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Another thing to note is that the 289/302 Windsor small block heads have a horizontal type bolt pattern where our cars have more of a diagonal pattern. So even if they fit the engine bay, they won't bolt to the engine.

Joe Walsh
01-28-2005, 05:09 PM
Another thing to note is that the 289/302 Windsor small block heads have a horizontal type bolt pattern where our cars have more of a diagonal pattern. So even if they fit the engine bay, they won't bolt to the engine.

^^^^What 'chasrein01' said...plus the shape of the ports is completely different. DOHC exhaust ports are bigger, much wider and oval shaped, not even close to 289/302/351 ports which are taller, narrower and rectangular shaped.