PDA

View Full Version : FEB. CAM Meet!! (NEW...Dates)

Haggis
01-28-2005, 06:00 AM
Ok my goof on the date in the first Thread. If it's not for the Stanley Cup :dunno: The 12th and 13th of Feb. is out for Chris and I and the 19th is also a bust. So I will leave it up to my fellow CAM Members on when you would all like to have the Feb, Meet.

It's early Friday morning...give me a break. Ok for all you poltical correct DATE people please substitute Feb. for Jan in the polls. Ie...Jan 5th is Feb 5th...Jan 20th is Feb. 20th. Ok shoot me..:shot:

MarauderMark
01-28-2005, 07:00 AM
Ok my goof on the date in the first Thread. If it's not for the Stanley Cup :dunno: The 12th and 13th of Feb. is out for Chris and I and the 19th is also a bust. So I will leave it up to my fellow CAM Members on when you would all like to have the Feb, Meet.

These dates are not good for you so we have togo back in time?
Lmao!!!Looks like chris can't hide the scotch .He found it again...I like any of those dates as soon as i get my car back i'll hit 88 mph and go back in time and more than likely goto both dates. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bluerauder
01-28-2005, 07:07 AM
Any particular reason why the February meet will be held in weeks PAST in January? My time travel transporter has been acting up lately. Seems the Flux Capacitor needs a retune :rofl: :D

Haggis
01-28-2005, 07:14 AM

It's early Friday morning...give me a break. Ok for all you poltical correct DATE people please substitute Feb. for Jan in the polls. Ie...Jan 5th is Feb 5th...Jan 20th is Feb. 20th. Ok shoot me..:shot:

I can not change the dates in the poll...PLEASE read above^^^ :P

MM03MOK
01-28-2005, 07:18 AM
:bunny2: fixed!

Bluerauder
01-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Ok for all you poltical correct DATE people please substitute Feb. for Jan in the polls. Ie...Jan 5th is Feb 5th...Jan 20th is Feb. 20th. Ok shoot me..:shot:
I'll have to go with Feb 20th 'cause I'll still be at Fort Knox/Louisville, KY on 5 February. :D Now let me see if the poll will let me vote again. :rolleyes: Nope -- no double voting. :(

DEFYANT
01-28-2005, 08:21 AM
Count me out.

Haggis
01-28-2005, 08:57 AM
I'll have to go with Feb 20th 'cause I'll still be at Fort Knox/Louisville, KY on 5 February. :D Now let me see if the poll will let me vote again. :rolleyes: Nope -- no double voting. :(

Thanks Mary :), while your at it can you fix Bluerauder's vote. :D

Count me out.
Why, what's wrong?? :(

MM03MOK
01-28-2005, 09:00 AM
I can and did delete one vote in that category and will add one for the 20th, but his name won't change places.

Haggis
01-28-2005, 09:03 AM
I can and did delete one vote in that category and will add one for the 20th, but his name won't change places.
Thanks your the Greatest!! :D :2thumbs:

DEFYANT
01-28-2005, 09:20 AM
I will be workin on those dates.:(

Murader03
01-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Frist two weekends are out for us. I've got to work that Saturday, then the Philly Auto show on Sunday, plus being on-call. The next week, I'll be in Fort Washington, PA. for the area Golf Trade show. So, Dot and I won't be making this meet either. BTW, Dot wanted to know if we might be able to get another restruant in the area to eat at also, kinda alternate every other month or so? Any thoughts?

MarauderMark
01-29-2005, 06:05 AM
Frist two weekends are out for us. I've got to work that Saturday, then the Philly Auto show on Sunday, plus being on-call. The next week, I'll be in Fort Washington, PA. for the area Golf Trade show. So, Dot and I won't be making this meet either. BTW, Dot wanted to know if we might be able to get another restruant in the area to eat at also, kinda alternate every other month or so? Any thoughts?

You guys are surely going to be missed AGAIN :( !!!! Maybe me you Dot and Peg can have a mini meet ya know lunch or dinner on a day or night you guys have free. :D ..

Good idea ! But what to eat & where?Any ideas?Ya know i dont care were we meet just as long as we do meet.. :)

MyTMerc
01-29-2005, 06:49 AM
I can make on the 20th. Hopefully, I'll be out of dial up slow motion hell by then.
Shaun

Haggis
01-29-2005, 11:19 AM

I can call around again, but the reason I picked Big Bats is that they were the only place willing to accommodate us due to our numbers. I will try for the March Meet to find some place different. :alone:

Oh yea they now have a Big Bats in Hagerstown, Md. :woohoo:

Mike Poore
01-30-2005, 06:56 AM

Whatever the other guys want is OK with us, just sign us up & tell when and where. No shots will be fired from this direction. Big smooch for Chris, AND Mary, isn't she the greatest? :)

MyTMerc
01-30-2005, 05:46 PM
I can call around again, but the reason I picked Big Bats is that they were the only place willing to accommodate us due to our numbers. I will try for the March Meet to find some place different. :alone:

Oh yea they now have a Big Bats in Hagerstown, Md. :woohoo:There's a place on Route 5 in Mechanicsville, MD called Bert's 50's Diner that's pretty cool . There's an old hot rod on the roof that looks like a early 50's chopped Merc (flames and all). They cater to car clubs and have a room they reserve for meets. The menu is 50's diner fare with great ice cream specials, malts, splits, etc. Only drawback for some is no alcohol is served. Car stuff all over the walls. I can check on it for a March meet as a change of pace if anyone's interested. We'd have to toast with frosty milkshakes instead of beer for a day.

Shaun

Stephen Soulsby
01-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Whatever the other guys want is OK with us, just sign us up & tell when and where. No shots will be fired from this direction. Big smooch for Chris, AND Mary, isn't she the greatest? :)
Sorry I won't be there. I'm only off the first two Sundays of the month. I'll catch you guys next meet.

MarauderMark
01-30-2005, 06:31 PM
There's a place on Route 5 in Mechanicsville, MD called Bert's 50's Diner that's pretty cool . There's an old hot rod on the roof that looks like a early 50's chopped Merc (flames and all). They cater to car clubs and have a room they reserve for meets. The menu is 50's diner fare with great ice cream specials, malts, splits, etc. Only drawback for some is no alcohol is served. Car stuff all over the walls. I can check on it for a March meet as a change of pace if anyone's interested. We'd have to toast with frosty milkshakes instead of beer for a day.

Shaun

Thats sounds cool.How about the prices are they 50's prices as well..I think it was a nickle for a malt..What kind of food is served.Again i'll go anywhere for a meet with my brethern...GO C.A.M.

MyTMerc
01-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Thats sounds cool.How about the prices are they 50's prices as well..I think it was a nickle for a malt..What kind of food is served.Again i'll go anywhere for a meet with my brethern...GO C.A.M.Mark,
The prices are not 50's style but very reasonable by today's standards. They have a big menu with a good variety, mostly burgers, subs, pizza, sandwiches, barbeque pork, crab cake (?) and lot's of ice cream.

I can check on details, if there is enough interest. They have a separate seating area for large groups like ours.

Murader03
01-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Dot and I can probably make the 20th. She's not to big on Sunday's cause we both have to work Sunday night. But we'll attempt to be there then.
I already voted in one of the other catagories, so add my vote for the 20th.

Badger
01-31-2005, 04:34 AM
Past meets in my other car clubs have been at Dave & Busters in the White Flint Mall, MD (or is it still DC)

Capital City Brewery in Arlington, VA.

Haggis
01-31-2005, 04:39 AM
Shaun sounds good go ahead and check it out.

Stephen we will see you next time, Ligouri is still invited to come without you.

Bob we hope to see you and Dot there.

Brendan we try Dave & Busters at the White Flint Mall for our first meet. It is too far for some to drive. Hope you and the little badgers can make it.

Murader03
02-01-2005, 12:54 AM

Stephen we will see you next time, Ligouri is still invited to come without you.

Bob we hope to see you and Dot there.

Brendan we try Dave & Busters at the White Flint Mall for our first meet. It is too far for some to drive. Hope you and the little badgers can make it.

It was just to noisy there to try and carry on any kind of a conversation too!

Haggis
02-01-2005, 12:53 PM
It was just to noisy there to try and carry on any kind of a conversation too!

Kind of like Dave & Busters when your next to a kids party. :mad: :laugh:

Haggis
02-05-2005, 05:38 PM
The Feb. Meet will be on the 20th at Big Bats at 2pm. Hope to see everyone there on Sunday, until then take care and be safe.

..and I heard it is now official no Hockey (NHL) this year. :mad2: :censor: :cry:

MarauderMark
02-05-2005, 05:42 PM
The Feb. Meet will be on the 20th at Big Bats at 2pm. Hope to see everyone there on Sunday, until then take care and be safe.

..and I heard it is now official no Hockey (NHL) this year. :mad2: :censor: :cry:

NHL Knuckleheads!!! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Bluerauder
02-10-2005, 07:00 PM
I'll be there on the 20th. My son will be driving to Texas at that time, so he sends his regrets. But, I am pretty sure that my better half will be along for the trip this time. :D

MarauderMark
02-10-2005, 07:06 PM
I'll be there on the 20th. My son will be driving to Texas at that time, so he sends his regrets. But, I am pretty sure that my better half will be along for the trip this time. :D

Tell george to be carefull and safe with that marauder ..Try not to lay to much rubber.:burn:.

Bluerauder
02-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Tell george to be carefull and safe with that marauder ..Try not to lay to much rubber.:burn:.
He ain't taking MY Marauder to Texas. :rofl: He'll be delivering my other son's Mustang for his return from the "Sandbox" around the end of March.

Bigdogjim
02-10-2005, 07:26 PM

OK? What's hockey :rofl:

Haggis
02-13-2005, 07:24 AM
:bump:

Hope to see everyone next Sunday...and some new faces too. :D

Big Bats (http://www.bigbats.com/), Stevensville, MD at 2pm. To anyone planning on being there, who has not be there before, be warned their directions are not correct.

Bluerauder
02-14-2005, 07:59 AM
:bump:

Hope to see everyone next Sunday...and some new faces too. :D

Big Bats (http://www.bigbats.com/), Stevensville, MD at 2pm. To anyone planning on being there, who has not be there before, be warned their directions are not correct.
OK ... who's coming and what is the count for Sunday, 20 Feb?

Bluerauder and W.O.B. will be there. :up:

DEFYANT
02-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Me....maybe. I will have family this coming weekend in town...

Haggis
02-14-2005, 09:57 AM
OK ... who's coming and what is the count for Sunday, 20 Feb?

Bluerauder and W.O.B. will be there. :up:

Check out the votes and add you and W.O.B and possibly Bob & Dot.

Badger
02-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Maybe:(
Got a birthday part at 1600 at Cabin John to go to.

Haggis
02-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Me....maybe. I will have family this coming weekend in town...

Bring them along...and the misses. I want/need my a$$ whooping. :rofl:

Maybe :(
Got a birthday party at 1600 at Cabin John to go to.

We will miss you and the little badgers. Give MaryBeth and the little ones our regards.

Bigdogjim
02-15-2005, 08:11 PM
:bump: :bump: :bump:

MarauderMark
02-15-2005, 08:20 PM
:bump: :bump: :bump:

What goes :bump: in the night??

Haggis
02-16-2005, 10:14 AM
What goes :bump: in the night??

Me..when I've had to much Scotch!! :rofl:

4 days and counting......

Bluerauder
02-16-2005, 05:31 PM
For anyone who has yet to get hold of a copy of March 2005 Super Rod magazine with NavChap's Marauder featured, I'll have an extra copy on a first come, first served basis. :D Sorry, this is the unautographed version. (Haggis gets the magazine .... as the first to respond)

Will also bring along some of George's handiwork on Police Cars from Manassas, Prince William, Fairfax, and Prince William Sheriff. :up:

Haggis
02-16-2005, 06:01 PM
For anyone who has yet to get hold of a copy of March 2005 Super Rod magazine with NavChap's Marauder featured, I'll have an extra copy on a first come, first served basis. :D Sorry, this is the unautographed version.

Will also bring along some of George's handiwork on Police Cars from Manassas, Prince William, Fairfax, and Prince William Sheriff. :up:\

ME ME ME

MyTMerc
02-16-2005, 09:35 PM

Never to early to plan so here it is, step 2. I checked out Bert's 50's Diner in Mechanicsville, MD (Route 5). I spoke with the manager and and he is looking forward to our visit. Saturday's are their busiest days and they are packed. He suggested a Sunday would be better so he could guarantee the room would be set up for us. Looking at the NE regional poll, they are meeting on the 12th or 13th in NJ or NY, TBD. Some of our members plan to attend. To deconflict, I'm suggesting March 20th as our March CAM meet. We can have folks chime in on their availability or post a poll in a new thread.

I picked up a menu and I'll bring it to Big Bats this weekend. I've also written directions from locations throughout the CAMdom.

From Waldorf
From the beltway (Maryland side inner loop)
From the beltway (Virginia side outer loop from the Wilson Bridge)
From NE Maryland/DE (Route 2/4 South)
From Virginia (Route 301 Harry Nice Bridge)

There's a long stretch of parking lot where we can line up with the Diner in the background, great photo op.

Anyway, it would be helpful to decide sooner than later on a date. I'm in town through Tuesday then Atlanta, Jacksonville, FL, Los Angeles, New Orleans, San Diego, Boulder, CO, then Lakehurst, NJ through the end of March. Not much time in between to chat with the manager. Please call my cell if I don't answer your PM's or thread questions. I'll have limited access to email while on travel (thank you NMCI/EDS).

I hope the location works for us and everyone can make it. Should be a good time!

Shaun

DEFYANT
02-17-2005, 12:49 AM
Ok, things are lookin better for me now.... I would most likely bring "she-who-approved-the-T", DefyantWife and the younglings.

Anyone from the north side of Md wanna meet up and caravan down?

Haggis
02-17-2005, 04:26 AM
Ok, things are lookin better for me now.... I would most likely bring "she-who-approved-the-T", DefyantWife and the younglings.

Anyone from the north side of Md wanna meet up and caravan down?

Glad you and the taskmaster can make it. :lol: Look foward to meeting your family and receiveing my can of 'Whoop-a$$'.

MarauderMark
02-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Welp i don't know if me and peg will be able to make this meet.The hoopty is going to the shop tomorrow for work as well as other things and hopefully we'll get it back in time on saturday.I will let ya'll know..

Seneca
02-17-2005, 08:00 PM
I've got my fingers crossed on whether i'll be there or not.. :)..

merc
02-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Sitting on the fence

:popcorn:

Bigdogjim
02-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Sitting on the fence

:popcorn:
Ok! How about sharing some popcorn:rofl:

Joe Walsh
02-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Sorry Guys....I can't make it... :bigcry:
I've already committed to a friend's 'Daytona 500' party.
Oh well, At least I'll still get to drink a few chilly ones on Sunday!
Hope to see everyone at the next CAM meet..
Joe

DEFYANT
02-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Do we have a head count? Seems a few people are backin out :( . Haggis, can you send me the directions please?

Haggis
02-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Do we have a head count? Seems a few people are backin out :( . Haggis, can you send me the directions please?

Check PM for directions.

We still plan on being there, what's a little snow between friends (family) :D. Hey if we drove 450mi for a meet in Boston what's 50mi? :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Guys....I can't make it...
I've already committed to a friend's 'Daytona 500' party.
Oh well, At least I'll still get to drink a few chilly ones on Sunday!
Hope to see everyone at the next CAM meet..
Joe

See you next time Joe. :alone:

MarauderMark
02-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Welp it looks like me and my misses cannot make it this time due to all the snow...Ha ha ha just kidding about the snow.:lol: I have sent the hoopty in the shop friday and was supposed to get it back today but they never called so i guess i am not going to be able to make it..Please post some pics..Hope ya'll have a great time :up:Have a safe trip...

Haggis
02-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Welp it looks like me and my misses cannot make it this time due to all the snow...Ha ha ha just kidding about the snow.:lol: I have sent the hoopty in the shop friday and was supposed to get it back today but they never called so i guess i am not going to be able to make it..Please post some pics..Hope ya'll have a great time :up:Have a safe trip...

What is wrong with the truck you came in last time? Hope you and Peg will reconsider and be at Big Bats.

Merc get off the damn fence and throw Pam in the car and come to Big Bats today.

Murader03
02-19-2005, 11:47 PM
Dot and I won't be able to make the meet today. Work schedules just haven't
been cooperating this week. I wasn't supposed to be working this weekend but ended up there anyway, and won't be outta here till 10 AM this morning. Then it starts all over again tonight. Weekends are getting shorter and shorter. Hope to see you all next month.....

:bigcry: :bigcry:

Haggis
02-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Dot and I won't be able to make the meet today. Work schedules just haven't
been cooperating this week. I wasn't supposed to be working this weekend but ended up there anyway, and won't be outta here till 10 AM this morning. Then it starts all over again tonight. Weekends are getting shorter and shorter. Hope to see you all next month.....

:bigcry: :bigcry:

Sorry to hear that Bob, you and Dot will be missed again. :(
Hope you will be able to make the next one.

Bluerauder
02-20-2005, 05:42 AM
We'll be there .... :D Will be rolling at about 11:30 AM or shortly thereafter. :rolleyes:

Bluerauder
02-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Made it home in time to catch the last 30 laps of the Daytona 500. No snow here yet. :D Had another great time at Big Bat's --- thanks to the whole gang. Merc and I ran interference for each other the entire way back to Virginia until he split to head west when I nosed south. You can certainly hear his pipes as he passes. :2thumbs: Here's some pics of the event for the CAM members who couldn't make it this time :rolleyes: ....

merc
02-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Just another great meet and Jeff Gordon does it again. Good thing the Maryland State Police were busy with other issues that evening. I can’t wait till the spring and more outdoor events.

MarauderMark
02-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Glad hear ya'll had a good time.Maybe next time i'll have to play government and confiscate a vehical .To heck with the kids!!!lol only kiddin.Thanks for the pics Charlie as it takes away some of the frustration..

jgc61sr2002
02-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Way to go. :D Sounds like you all had a great time. :up: