PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger options

Dennis Reinhart
01-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Well, we now have four options for Supercharger. Right now my kit is priced at $5,895.00 plus shipping. Yes it is expensive, but you have to consider just what is included in the kit.

First of all, I use a huge Griffin water to air condenser. This is the same type used in some Lighting applications. It is mounted on a bracket that goes in existing holes already in the car,

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/GriffinCooler.jpg

I use a high quality electric water pump, along with a two and a half gallon reservoir that is made out of high impact plastic. The water to air heat exchanger is also very expensive. Add to that Cobra style 42 pound injectors, a SCT or 90 MM Lighting MAF and a the twin Cobra Pump that Paul at Paul's High Performance helped design for my company. I now include a SCT tuner with cable.

In addition, the kit includes custom pipes and a bypass valve. In the past I used a non Mandrill type bend on these pipes, then had them powdercoated. Last week I took an SC car to Miami and had the pipes made in Mandrill bend. The pipe going to the TB is now one piece. As soon as they come back from the powdercoater, I will post some pictures.

I helped Greg put together his Procharger kit. He uses most of these parts except for the water to air unit. The Procharger kit is also a very good kit, so we now have several options for Marauder owners. I am sold on a water to air unit, especially in hot humid weather, but a high efficiency air to air heat exchanger can work well too. If the differences are taken in to account when tuning the car.

I am looking at the Spearco intercooler. It's huge and I believe it can be bought in bulk at a low enough price to use this with a Vortech kit. I should be able to put a complete turnkey kit together, for a lot less than $5,895.00.

We're not talking about a huge price difference, but every dime helps. I am working on a Vortech S. Trim, Polished with a 3.61 Pulley with an air to air aftercooled setup so that I can at least offer an option to those members that what to SC their car without breaking the bank.

I will do a car within the next few weeks. I will detail the project from start to finish, taking pictures of before and after, and of course providing the dyno sheets. I feel I can get a kit in the $4,400.00 price range. This will be dependent on the intercooler cost.

Petrograde
01-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Around $4400.00?? ...wow... For that price,.. I just might be able to join the ranks of the supercharged!

That's great Dennis! Can't wait to hear more details!

LVMarauder
01-28-2005, 07:23 PM
And the laws of supply and demand continue to amaze me.

teamrope
01-28-2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the continued R & D Dennis. I' might be getting a S/C a little sooner than I thought. :)

MarauderMark
01-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Thats a great Price!!!!!So the only difference in this S/ced kit is the intercooler.Is'nt the air to water better thats what i allways thought? I saw that in the Procharger thread that he offers the same things you do .Wtg Dennis gotta teach dem yougnins da proper way of supercharging!!!:up:...I am Happy with what i got and where i purchased it from as well.if i hadn't run into bad luck i am sure i woulda been in the 11's..Again Thanks Dennis!!

HwyCruiser
01-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Dennis, thanks for stepping up with this. The Vortech - Spearco project looks very promising, especially at the price point your aiming at. I've rode in an air-to-air intercooled centrifugally-blown Marauder and I was very impressed.

I look forward to seeing how this project shakes out.

Bradley G
01-28-2005, 08:05 PM
which is the fourth choice ?Trilogy, Vortec and Procharger & ?
Bradley G
Sorry mis read your post Dennis ,Good Luck!

FordNut
01-28-2005, 08:54 PM
which is the fourth choice ?Trilogy, Vortec and Procharger & ?
Bradley G
Sorry mis read your post Dennis ,Good Luck!
Sounds like Vortec air-air, Vortec air-water, Trilogy air-water, and Procharger air-air.
Dennis, I'm looking forward to seeing your updated mandrel bent tubing for the current system and hearing if it makes a power difference. Also thinking the Spearco air-air unit is an excellent choice. Looking forward to seeing it!

Dennis Reinhart
01-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Sounds like Vortec air-air, Vortec air-water, Trilogy air-water, and Procharger air-air.
Dennis, I'm looking forward to seeing your updated mandrel bent tubing for the current system and hearing if it makes a power difference. Also thinking the Spearco air-air unit is an excellent choice. Looking forward to seeing it!

I do not feel there will be much power difference in the pipes, it purley cosmetic, again the bottom line is there is a limit to what the power the car can safely make, my opinion is 450 or less, yes there are higher RWHP cars out there, what I have said over and over is you have to remmeber 450 RWHP is over 500 to the crank, so there is a limit as to just how much you can gain safely.

JamesHecker
01-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Great news Dennis! Thanks for your continued attention to making our cars go faster, handle better, and generally be more fun!

Any word on any SC options available for us Californians?

GodOSpeed
01-29-2005, 06:14 PM
At last!!! A supercharger 'war' that benifits us.. A price war!!!

Patrick
01-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks Dennis!!!!!

chasrein01
01-30-2005, 10:36 PM
Hope it works out too! Then I'll be getting a supercharger sooner than I thought too, and I'll even make the trip back too Florida to get it and have the relatives down there help put it in!