PDA

View Full Version : Procharger Dyno Graph Posted

maraudernkc
01-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Attached is the 2004 MM Procharger Dyno. These numbers were made with the following.

92 Octane winter gas in car
90 MAF
Upgraded fuel pump
Cobra Manifolds and X pipe
Stock SCT file for 91 Octane (takes out 3 degrees of timing over the 93 Octane file)
Stock Coverter
Converter locked
9 pounds of Boost

I did not want to post these numbers yet because I can't find anyone local to get the car dialed in perfect.

The car got these numbers on a base SCT file using the 91 octane file and that backs out 3 degrees of timing over the 93 octane file.

The Procharger kit is done but the tuning is not. I will have to drive the car out of state to get it tuned.

This Dyno run was on a DynoPac Dyno machine it is able to put a load on the vechile that simulates real time driving much like a Mustang Dyno.

I called SCT to verify the Dyno and its accuracy and it is suppose to be superior to tune on over the Dyno jet and the HP and TQ numbers are within 1% of the DynoJet.

If this is true or not I do not know.

I have heard that Ford has two of these Dynos and Roush Racing has one also.

Bottom line is you can have all the great equipment in the world but if you can't tune a car you don't have sh** and that my firends is where we are now.

I will be looking for someone that can tune the car properly or I will be making a special offer to someone that wants a kit that is close to a proffesional SCT tuner that knows our MM.

ps. I know it does not make as much RWTQ down low as a Eaton Blower. That's no secret but it will smoke the tires no problemo.

Thanks, Greg

Fire away:flamer:

Smokie
01-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Good numbers Greg, there will be comparisons of course, be prepared for that. You make big power on top; the roots starts at the bottom, and we all meet at the finish line.

Eventually your kit will go to the track and those numbers along with 0-60 numbers may be more significant to many people than the dyno numbers, the total price and how well it behaves during daily driving are also very important; how reliable and trouble free is another important aspect.

I hope that what you offer is very successful since that will benefit us all.

sailsmen
01-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Congrats on putting together an option that can bring us pleasure. :)

I cannot read the chart, but if you can tell me which side is torque and the peak torque and peak hp I can interpolate the numbers on the chart. Thanks, I guess I am just suffering from old age sight!

Smokie
01-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Congrats on putting together an option that can bring us pleasure. :)

I cannot read the chart, but if you can tell me which side is torque and the peak torque and peak hp I can interpolate the numbers on the chart. Thanks, I guess I am just suffering from old age sight!454 hp at 6300 rpm's
404 tq at 5100 rpm's

Does this help ? Torque left column HP right column

maraudernkc
01-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Smokie, I agree with you! It is how the car drives, feels amd runs for everyday driving. Folks wanted to see a Dyno graph and that's what I am posting.

I am not as worried about the track as I am everyday drivability. The track is not as important to me personaly. Now the 0-60 times are very important but remember I have the stock converter.

Good numbers Greg, there will be comparisons of course, be prepared for that. You make big power on top; the roots starts at the bottom, and we all meet at the finish line.

Eventually your kit will go to the track and those numbers along with 0-60 numbers may be more significant to many people than the dyno numbers, the total price and how well it behaves during daily driving are also very important; how reliable and trouble free is another important aspect.

I hope that what you offer is very successful since that will benefit us all.

studio460
01-30-2005, 03:39 AM
Those torque curves look pretty good to me! Very exciting, Greg!

MarauderTJA
01-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Greg,

I have a friend and, in my oppinion one of the best tuners in the country. Justin Nelson of J&J Performance is located in Ft Myers. Justin has tuned my 01 Procharger GT Mustang the second time around from another guy in PA and got 45 more rear wheel horsepower. He also set up the Predator for my 04 Maraduer, has a dyno and is one of the extremely knowedgable tuners I have known. Suggest you give him a call 239-274-7678. He books cars 2-3 months in advanced.

Tom, Cape Coral

Attached is the 2004 MM Procharger Dyno. These numbers were made with the following.

92 Octane winter gas in car
90 MAF
Upgraded fuel pump
Cobra Manifolds and X pipe
Stock SCT file for 91 Octane (takes out 3 degrees of timing over the 93 Octane file)
Stock Coverter
Converter locked
9 pounds of Boost

I did not want to post these numbers yet because I can't find anyone local to get the car dialed in perfect.

The car got these numbers on a base SCT file using the 91 octane file and that backs out 3 degrees of timing over the 93 octane file.

The Procharger kit is done but the tuning is not. I will have to drive the car out of state to get it tuned.

This Dyno run was on a DynoPac Dyno machine it is able to put a load on the vechile that simulates real time driving much like a Mustang Dyno.

I called SCT to verify the Dyno and its accuracy and it is suppose to be superior to tune on over the Dyno jet and the HP and TQ numbers are within 1% of the DynoJet.

If this is true or not I do not know.

I have heard that Ford has two of these Dynos and Roush Racing has one also.

Bottom line is you can have all the great equipment in the world but if you can't tune a car you don't have sh** and that my firends is where we are now.

I will be looking for someone that can tune the car properly or I will be making a special offer to someone that wants a kit that is close to a proffesional SCT tuner that knows our MM.

ps. I know it does not make as much RWTQ down low as a Eaton Blower. That's no secret but it will smoke the tires no problemo.

Thanks, Greg

Fire away:flamer:

Tallboy
01-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Greg, I have a question. The dyno graph says "torque flywheel". Does this mean that the graph is indicating flywheel torque numbers or is it rear wheel torque numbers?

maraudernkc
01-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Tallboy,

It is RWTQ. I would be in real trouble if it was flywheel TQ. These machines are made in New Zeland. I don't know why it shows Flywheel TQ.

Are you going to Detroit for Marauderville?

Take care, Greg

Greg, I have a question. The dyno graph says "torque flywheel". Does this mean that the graph is indicating flywheel torque numbers or is it rear wheel torque numbers?

SouLRioT
01-30-2005, 10:39 AM

Doesn't TMac have someone lined up to do his tuning already? Sounds like he fits the bill on this offer.

Tallboy
01-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Tallboy,

It is RWTQ. I would be in real trouble if it was flywheel TQ. These machines are made in New Zeland. I don't know why it shows Flywheel TQ.

Are you going to Detroit for Marauderville?

Take care, Greg
I will be in Detroit for Marauderville-I'm hoping to get into town Tuesday night. Are you going?

maraudernkc
01-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Yes, I look foward to meeting in person.:)

I will be in Detroit for Marauderville-I'm hoping to get into town Tuesday night. Are you going?

maraudernkc
01-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Yes, Tim and I are working on this subject now and will know very shortly.

Thanks, Greg

Doesn't TMac have someone lined up to do his tuning already? Sounds like he fits the bill on this offer.

MarauderTJA
01-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Greg, did you take those pictures today?

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

Yes, Tim and I are working on this subject now and will know very shortly.

Thanks, Greg

maraudernkc
01-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Tom, photos sent to you.

Greg, did you take those pictures today?

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

tmac1337
01-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Greg, the digital pics you sent are great! The fit and finish looks excellent. Very few 90' bends. Mounting placement of the intercooler with the attached aluminum scoop was a great idea. It just screams "power" to other drivers who see it coming. I have seen several centrifical blower kits on cars, but none with key placements as you have done. The kit looks entirely professional and blends right into the engine compartment. The polished blower is the way to go for a few more bucks! You have definately done your homework.

When you are ready to release these photos, interested members are going to be BLOWN away. Noone will be able to say you have not put quality time into this kit to complete it the right way. Thanks for the effort.

Interested members, please do not take my word for it, you'll soon see for yourselves.

tmac1337
02-05-2005, 09:46 AM
:woohoo: On the way!