PDA

View Full Version : TV Show Help!!

Chuck West
02-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Hello All!

My name is Chuck West and I am the program coordinator for the tv show called, The American Muscle Car / on SPEEDCHANNEL.

We need help in locating early 427 cars to feature on our show.
We are based in St.Pete.-Tampa area.
Since we are a small show and on a limited budget, we rally need to find a car or two in the area mentioned, or, someone who is willing to travel.

The base format of our show, for those who have not seen it is:

We like doing driving shots with a chase vehicle, where we are able to show all sides of the car while actually at speed. This shows the world all aspects of the cars and the cool sounds that these bad boys make when romped on.
We do not discourage a hole shot or burnout, if that is what the owner wants! Lol!
We also do static shots, so that all our viewers get to see the details in a much more focused and slower pace. We like showing off the interior, engine, trunk and exterior as well.
We also like to interview the owner! It is great to hear how the owner came to like these cars, her or his opinion on certain aspects of the history and intersesting tidbits, so our viewers can really get a quick overview/lesson on these historic machines.

All the above usually takes all day from 9-5.
We are not seeking numbers matching show cars only! All we request is that the car be a nice driver and represent the breed as best as possible! We prefer the cars to look as original as possible in regard to visuals. Meaning?
No blowers, nitrous bottles, roll bars etc.
However! If we find a visually stock car, and then lucky enough to find a modified car, that would be ultra cool! We have been known to feature a stock looking car and a modified car, just to show the two spectrums!

We offer a fun day, the chance to be on a national tv show and your own copy (DVD), of the actual show, that you and your car will appear on.
We have been told by countless owners, that the chance to see how a tv show is made, and have millions see and be educated about these cars, is very well worth it to participate.

If you are interested, and meet the above criteria or know anyone who can? Please let me know as soon as possible and I'll contact you/them asap.

Thanks very much,
Chuck West
Program Coordinator, The American Muscle Car TV Show / on SPEEDCHANNEL
www.tvcarshows.com (http://www.tvcarshows.com/)

PS- This is not a scam! If you wish, talk to your Cougar brothers. The National Cougar club just did a fantastic job in helping us to share their cars with the world in an up-coming show.
BTW- New season of The American Muscle Car Show starts airing on 2-24-05.:D

duhtroll
02-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Sure - as soon as you have an episode on the Marauder, I'll consider looking around.

How about some attention to the Great American Muscle Car we have RIGHT HERE?

-A

chicago_cop
02-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Hello All!

My name is Chuck West and I am the program coordinator for the tv show called, The American Muscle Car / on SPEEDCHANNEL.

Since we are a small show and on a limited budget, we rally need to find a car or two in the area mentioned, or, someone who is willing to travel.

We like doing driving shots with a chase vehicle, where we are able to show all sides of the car while actually at speed. This shows the world all aspects of the cars and the cool sounds that these bad boys make when romped on.
We do not discourage a hole shot or burnout, if that is what the owner wants! Lol!
We also do static shots, so that all our viewers get to see the details in a much more focused and slower pace. We like showing off the interior, engine, trunk and exterior as well.
We also like to interview the owner! It is great to hear how the owner came to like these cars, her or his opinion on certain aspects of the history and intersesting tidbits, so our viewers can really get a quick overview/lesson on these historic machines.

We are not seeking numbers matching show cars only! All we request is that the car be a nice driver and represent the breed as best as possible! We prefer the cars to look as original as possible in regard to visuals. Meaning?
However! If we find a visually stock car, and then lucky enough to find a modified car, that would be ultra cool! We have been known to feature a stock looking car and a modified car, just to show the two spectrums!

We offer a fun day, the chance to be on a national tv show and your own copy (DVD), of the actual show, that you and your car will appear on.
We have been told by countless owners, that the chance to see how a tv show is made, and have millions see and be educated about these cars, is very well worth it to participate.

If you are interested, and meet the above criteria or know anyone who can? Please let me know as soon as possible and I'll contact you/them asap.

Thanks very much,
Chuck West

PS- This is not a scam! If you wish, talk to your Cougar brothers. The National Cougar club just did a fantastic job in helping us to share their cars with the world in an up-coming show.

Hi Chuck, Thanks for writing the MM network. Sorry I can't help you with the 427, but will keep my eyes open for you. I do know a dealer in my area who has many muscle cars. I have a bone stock Blk MM w/ factory spoiler, and blackened windows. Until buying this car (by accident) I fell in love with muscle cars again. In my youth I had two of the earlier ones. (now 62, retired Chicago Detective) According to J.D.Power the MM is one of the 10 best liked cars in the US, and in one Mag. compaired it to the S500 Benz for one third the cost. It looks fast just standing still, and has the best sounding exhaust of any of the performance cars of today.
If I could be of any help I would not mind coming up from Ft.Myers any time.

chicago_cop Phone 239-464-2825

Marauderman
02-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Exactly............just a few weeks ago , Dennis Reinhaet, of Reinhart Automotive in Jacksonville,Fla., fitted up 18-22 MArauders for the FHP ........You should check him out and the Marauders out-----if the State of Fla. wants them for their Muscle Car , then you are missing out on capitalizing on a Really Big Story that is still very fresh..........after all he has set up many including mine.................

ncmm
02-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Hello All!

<snip>. . .

Thanks very much,
Chuck West

please check out this thread about the Florida HP's Marauders
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14455&highlight=florida

RoyLPita
02-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Hello All!

Thanks very much,
Chuck West

Welcome aboard. Hopefully, our Panther platform vehicles will be shown on the Speed channel in due time. As for 427 cars, what are you looking for in particular???

stormtroopin'
02-02-2005, 12:10 PM
It's been posted on the FordFE.com website. Check for replys there, too.

DEFYANT
02-02-2005, 12:17 PM
How about a new MM with 427 HP? LOL. We could do that real easy.. Or classic -vs- current Marauders.

Chuck West
02-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Hey Guys and Girls,

I had no intention of starting a rift! Nor did I denigrate the modern day Marauder.

I know in other brands we have featured, many enthusiasts own a Modern and Oldie. I merely hoped for that possibility here!

I could see an Oldie vs Newbie, that would be cool no doubt!
However, we have a set season that we must adhere to.

Sorry to have ruffled any feathers! But, please, don't read something that is not there! I like and respect them both!

Thanks to those of you that offered to help!

Chuck West

Tallboy
02-02-2005, 05:25 PM
[Sigh] This guy just wanted to find some early 427 equipped Marauders/Mercurys and you guys freak out on him. Relax, OK? he wasn't trying to start a fight, just looking for some old cars. Probably why he posted in the "Classic forum".

jstevens
02-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Chuck, pay no attention to them.

Off to bed early with no dinner for you's that scared him.

MarauderMark
02-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Chuck, pay no attention to them.

Off to bed early with no dinner for you's that scared him.

I belive that someone on here is named 427450 or something like that and there a pic of a sweet looking corvette in the sig as well..Maybe that could help since there will be a 427 vette comming out soon..Just tryin to help... :D

teamrope
02-02-2005, 10:57 PM
I know of a couple but don't know how to contact them. There is a group of 427 Cobra's in the Pudget Sound. (Most are replicas)

One of our WA State Marauder owners (toreinoheaven) has a sweet Torino, but I can't remember if it's a 427 or a 351C car.

DEFYANT
02-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Hey Guys and Girls,

I had no intention of starting a rift! Nor did I denigrate the modern day Marauder.

I know in other brands we have featured, many enthusiasts own a Modern and Oldie. I merely hoped for that possibility here!

I could see an Oldie vs Newbie, that would be cool no doubt!
However, we have a set season that we must adhere to.

Sorry to have ruffled any feathers! But, please, don't read something that is not there! I like and respect them both!

Thanks to those of you that offered to help!

Chuck West
Hey Chuck, no ruffled feathers here, just my $.02 :D . Anything Marauder is a good idea for me, let us know when to watch.

Bluerauder
02-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Hello All!

Chuck,
Welcome to the MM.Net :welcome:

Sorry, I can't help you out in locating a 427. However, I did see your show recently that did the side-by-side comparison of the Boss 429, Chevelle SS 454, Olds 442, Dodge Challenger, Pontiac GTO Judge, AMC AMX, .... and others. It was a terrific show and brought back many fond memories from that period. Great show and a fair comparison. Keep up the great work. Good luck in finding your 427s for the upcoming season. :2thumbs:

kirk
02-12-2005, 07:34 AM
I have the name and phone # of someone in Lonwood, FL who has or had a 1964 Park Lane Marauder with a 427. E-mail or PM me for contact info.

O's Fan Rich
02-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Chuck,
A number of guys on http://www.network54.com/Forum/74182
have 427 cars.

One guy has a few 427 Cougars, Search there.

MarauderMark
02-12-2005, 01:50 PM
And that was the last they ever heard of him ....

merc406
02-25-2005, 07:14 AM
Chuck if your out their, B-J auction FL will have a 63 427 Marauder for sale down their, more than likely you can get with the owner and do test drive and anything else.

kirk
02-26-2005, 07:38 AM
Chuck if your out their, B-J auction FL will have a 63 427 Marauder for sale down their, more than likely you can get with the owner and do test drive and anything else.

Tell me more Larry.

merc406
02-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Tell me more Larry.

That's all I know Kirk, check out the B-J auction website, for this coming month's cars, it's one of 2 merc's so far listed, not much info with it and no picture yet.

http://www.BarrettJackson.com

....................:burnout: NO RESERVE!!!!!! :burnout:..................... ...

merc406
02-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Tell me more Larry.

It just dawned on me that their was a new listing for a 427 Marauder over at the MMC site this last couple of months, has a picture and all ! Suckers new with 35 and some thousand miles on it, this could be the one at B/J's.

It could be this one also...--http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/featurearchives3.htm

jgc61sr2002
02-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Chuck - Welcome to the MM site. :D