PDA

View Full Version : I like this idea

cruzer
02-02-2005, 10:10 PM
A friend of mine owns the local Carvel Ice Craem Store in Hurst and is throwing a party to raise funds for the USO--no judging---just a bunch of folks socializing and and admiring each other's cars--plenty of parking space and I can block off space if i know how many are coming. It's just off Airport Freeway at Precinct Line Road--a couple blocks North in the Wal-Mart parking lot--let me know if you are interested
, Maury

Krytin
02-03-2005, 06:16 AM
A friend of mine owns the local Carvel Ice Craem Store in Hurst and is throwing a party to raise funds for the USO--no judging---just a bunch of folks socializing and and admiring each other's cars--plenty of parking space and I can block off space if i know how many are coming. It's just off Airport Freeway at Precinct Line Road--a couple blocks North in the Wal-Mart parking lot--let me know if you are interested
, Maury
So do I! Wish I could be there!
Good luck with the turn out!
Paul

Vortex
02-05-2005, 11:32 AM
If Im not working I will try to make it.

hdwrench
02-05-2005, 05:20 PM
If Im not working I will try to make it.
ill try to make it. I want to show off my new blacked out rear end anyway... :)

cruzer
02-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Just a thought--since this is on a Sunday and we are looking for someplace to have a get-toether in Feb, how about making this our social activity of the month--the Corvette Club is trying to get a new Corvette LS6 to attend--wonder if we could scare up a 2005 Mustang--anybody know anyone who has one ??? Nice food sources close by (and Carvel Ice Cream--it may be a Yankee Company--but man, that is delicious ice cream) and Wal-Mart in the adjoining parking lot---something for everyone---besides, it is for a good cause. Hope you all can come---15 or so Marauders would get some attention !!!! Bring your chairs, Maury

hdwrench
02-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Just a thought--since this is on a Sunday and we are looking for someplace to have a get-toether in Feb, how about making this our social activity of the month--the Corvette Club is trying to get a new Corvette LS6 to attend--wonder if we could scare up a 2005 Mustang--anybody know anyone who has one ??? Nice food sources close by (and Carvel Ice Cream--it may be a Yankee Company--but man, that is delicious ice cream) and Wal-Mart in the adjoining parking lot---something for everyone---besides, it is for a good cause. Hope you all can come---15 or so Marauders would get some attention !!!! Bring your chairs, Maury
sounds great.. sunday is usually the only day i can make events... just keep reminding us... i am forgetful :)

hopefully more people will express interest

cruzer
02-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Just a reminder of the ice cream social this Sunday from 10 AM to 4 PM. I realize a lot of things are happening that date---Datona 500, etc. but it would be nice if you could drop by for a little while to support our troops. I'll save a few spaces--an exact number if you let me know---. This is not a club function, just a chance to meet more car lovers.See you there, Maury

hdwrench
02-16-2005, 07:45 PM
i doubt ill be there. i have an appointment on sunday to get my car stereo worked on...i forgot this event was the same day.

work schedule sucks... you think id get more $ for the :censor: schedule

Vortex
02-16-2005, 08:55 PM
As is the usual, I find out at the last minute Ill be working. At least its O/T.

cruzer
02-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Patrick Little, director of the USO center at DFW asked me to personally thank those who turned out for the Carvel ice cream social. The NTM was represented by Steve and Linda in their his and hers black MMs, John and Gina and their ( with new engine) s/c MM, Rod and Regina in their DTR MM and my most recognizable MM. There were over 30 beautiful Corvettes from every era including the new LS6--I was very impressed with the under-hood look of the newer 'vettes--the owners were great and showed great interest in our MMs. I was amazed again at how many people STILL do not know what a Marauder is ?????? The weather was great--82 degrees , bright sunlight, good food and CARVEL ice cream :) ---made for a nice day for all. My photo program has gone haywire--so no pics tonite. Again, thanks folks for the support, Maury