PDA

View Full Version : I just can't believe this...

RF Overlord
02-12-2003, 05:02 PM
This is a true story. No one's identity has been changed.

OK, I'm getting gas today and a red, early 90's T-bird glides in to the next row of pumps...looks pretty good...UNTIL...I see the wheels: must have been 20" with, like, 30-series tires...you know the look, the one my friend Pete calls "a spool of thread with one wrap of electrical tape around it"...this thing would have see-sawed on a speed bump, if it could make it over at all... :stupid:

So...these two home-boy wannabes get out, one throws his candy wrappers and what-not on the ground...trash barrel was almost 4 feet away, God forbid...the other one pumps like $5.00 into it, gets back in and fires it up, then proceeds to spin the tires (in the slush) and I see it from behind: DUAL 4" FART-PIPES!!!! This poor thing had a V6 with one of THOSE exhaust systems...!! Well, actually TWO of those exhaust systems... :eek: :eek:

Now I've seen everything...a RICER T-bird...it sounded AWFUL! ...and I'm gonna have nightmares tonight... :puke:

martyo
02-12-2003, 05:07 PM
OK, relax, take a deep breath, and repeat after me "I will not put fart pipes on my American Car......"

LincMercLover
02-12-2003, 05:07 PM
Aww... you you need some consouling tonight on the chat RF? :D

I'd like to note again that I do NOT associate myself with my generation of rice-heads...

JAL
02-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Just remember this, to each his own.

I'm buying a 1962 two door Impala hardtop, turning it into a low rider complete with hydraulics. It will have a very nice frame off resto.

I can't wait.

Jeff

LincMercLover
02-12-2003, 08:57 PM
http://members.aol.com/kprrpk/images/got%20rice.gif

RF Overlord
02-12-2003, 09:32 PM
JAL:

A lo-rider is cool, a '62 Impala lo-rider is way cool, but a 1994 Thunderbird RICER...well, that's just wrong... :nono:

This thing was not a lo-rider...no hydraulics, no skinny tires, it just had no ground clearance...and sounded like someone stepped on a whole PILE of ducks...or some sort of maniacal, evil bag-pipe from Hell...

LincMercLover
02-12-2003, 09:34 PM
OMG! LMAO!

Effster
02-12-2003, 09:46 PM
these two home-boy wannabes get out,,,,bahahahahaha

RCSignals
02-12-2003, 10:27 PM
JAL, you mean there is actually a 1962 two door Impala hardtop out there that isn't yet a low rider with hydraulics?

Bigdogjim
02-13-2003, 12:19 AM
RF Overlord: Hey it could have been a SABLE! That's a nightmare!
Big Dog :lol: :rock:

JAL
02-13-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
JAL:

...and sounded like someone stepped on a whole PILE of ducks...or some sort of maniacal, evil bag-pipe from Hell...

That is the funniest thing I've heard all day!

And yes, there are 62 Impalas' that aren't low riders.

I'm putting a deposit on it tomorrow. Or today rather. I should have it in one month. Then, let the frame off begin!

My goal is one year.

Jeff

Fourth Horseman
02-13-2003, 05:12 PM
Having owned two cars from the platform, a '93 Mercury Cougar XR7 (V6) and a '97 Ford Thunderbird (V8) I feel really disgusted. No fart cans on the Marauders, guys, k? :help:

Beadhead
02-13-2003, 08:40 PM
The only fart in my car will be the one driving it.

CRUZTAKER
02-13-2003, 09:11 PM
My wife actually makes me carry a fart can with me....

RF Overlord
02-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Beadhead
The only fart in my car will be the one driving it.

LOL, Bead!!!! I'm with ya there (almost 47)...

Cooper
02-14-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by stanleyk
OK, relax, take a deep breath, and repeat after me "I will not put fart pipes on my American Car......"

I saw a guy this morning with dual coffee can fart pipe exhausts on a Cavalier. :rolleyes:

LincMercLover
02-14-2003, 07:05 PM
http://members.aol.com/kprrpk/images/cookie.gif

JAL
02-15-2003, 07:43 AM
Next year you'll be seeing the under side of my car as I hit three wheel going around the corner in my '62 Impala. :D

Jeff

smokey0810
03-21-2003, 10:48 PM
It's nice to see that people in here have a good sense of humor, and we can all agree that people do pretty f-ed up things to cars. Between Impala/Caprice/MM owners, we all have one thing in common. We like American Made V-8 Horsepower cars. What I really enjoy though are the new air valve caps that light up as the car drives. Sort of like the sneakers that light up when the kids jump around....Pretty amusing....

martyo
03-22-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by smokey0810
we can all agree that people do pretty f-ed up things to cars... What I really enjoy though are the new air valve caps that light up as the car drives...

Wait a second, where do I get those valve caps? And, can I get 'em in God's Head style???

For those of you at the NY Meet last week, do you think these would be a good replacement for my dice valve caps????

Billatpro
03-22-2003, 08:09 AM
OK, I'm really going to show my age here but, what the hell is a "Fart pipe"?

RF Overlord
03-22-2003, 08:37 AM
Bill:

Heeheehee...

It's a muffler system usually found on *****box ricers (as opposed to "real" ricers)...also called a "beer-keg" muffler...looks like a huge stainless, well, beer keg hanging out under the rear bumper, with a very small inlet (1½" - 1¾"...something like that) and a 4" outlet, so it makes that horrible "bla-a-a-a-t" noise that ricers are so fond of...

"REAL" ricers, like the kind from "The Fast and The Furious", are heavily modified and sound more like Indy cars...the ones you see around town are usually stock, or close to it, so the muffler is all out of proportion to the rest of the car.

And another thing...why do rice owners put gigantic spoilers on the REAR of their FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE cars?

LincMercLover
03-22-2003, 10:09 AM
And another thing...why do rice owners put gigantic spoilers on the REAR of their FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE cars?

When done right, it actually serves as a reverse effect of a normal spoiler. With all the sub equipment/amps/NOS tanks back there, they need something to help lift the rear end back up to achieve a more even F/R weight ratio. That's why everyone who has one takes great care in the EXACT angle of the wing. :rolleyes:
:lol:

mad man
03-22-2003, 03:45 PM
How soon we forget any one recall air shocks and glass paks and stickers all over your windows of parts you wish you had:rolleyes:

RCSignals
03-22-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by mad man
How soon we forget any one recall air shocks and glass paks and stickers all over your windows of parts you wish you had:rolleyes:

No, mad man. But not exactly the same anyway.

I do remember Thrush mufflers, Radial T/As, Cragar S/Ss etc though ;)

jgc61sr2002
03-22-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by martyo
Wait a second, where do I get those valve caps? And, can I get 'em in God's Head style???

For those of you at the NY Meet last week, do you think these would be a good replacement for my dice valve caps???? Marty - yes go for it. John:)

RF Overlord
03-22-2003, 06:03 PM
LML:

How do YOU know so much about ricer spoilers, eh?

What's that under the cover next to your '66 Continental, hm?
Perchance a Honda 2000 with a Spoon engine?

Come on...admit it... :shake:

Grizzd1
03-22-2003, 06:49 PM
New member here. But I have been following this site for about
a month. born on date for my MM is 02-20-03.
I hate those ricers with fart pipes too. They are rediculous.
They look even worse on the highway bouncing
around because they have been lowered too much.
Maybe those huge spoilers are so you can still see them in traffic.
Kind of like a bike flag.
Also, regarding exhaust, I had a 73 Impala with a 350, and a
sophisticated Mt.Dew can for exhaust, and a high stall converter.
There used to be these defiant type teenagers in our neighborhood that would stubbornly stand in the road whenever
a car came down the street. One time I had enough and due to
the high stall converter, sophisticated exhaust, and large size of
the Impala .......... Like, Illinois Nazi's on the bridge in the "Blues
Brothers".
I love this MM site. Inforative and hillarious and most of all
fair. Rf Overlord , is there a picture of your car in the gallery?
I'm interested in the VentVisors.

RF Overlord
03-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Grizz:

No, I don't have any pix yet... look at the reply by Stealth Vic above...he has the VentVisors and the pic in his sig shows them nicely...

mad man
03-22-2003, 07:04 PM
RC i am talking before radial tires. man i must be old :(

Grizzd1
03-22-2003, 08:02 PM
Duh. I went right by it. Thanks RF

RCSignals
03-23-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by mad man
RC i am talking before radial tires. man i must be old :(

Yes They called them that emphasising "radial" because most people still had Bias.

I could never afford the radials.
Had a nice set of wide Ovals though

LincMercLover
03-23-2003, 09:38 PM
LML:

How do YOU know so much about ricer spoilers, eh?

What's that under the cover next to your '66 Continental, hm?
Perchance a Honda 2000 with a Spoon engine?

Come on...admit it... :shake:

OK, ok... I'll tell! THAT is the Sable's worst nightmare! A custom built chassis with a Honda Accord motor in the rear! :lol:

Come on man, it's my "rebuild every other week" dun buggie! I thought we went over all this?

And I read all the spoiler info in a book somewhere... :help:

How do YOU know about Spoon engines eh? :flamer: