PDA

View Full Version : I've got a cunning plan....

MAD-3R
02-13-2003, 07:34 AM
I've developed a cunning plan to get the athorization to get the Reinhart package. :)

We have a desent tax return this year, and the refinance of our house is happening at the same time. This frees up abut $3500+. I'm going to surprise her with a high end computer, then ask if I can have the rest of the money. :) I'll let you know how it goes.

"I'm a happly married man, just ask my wife."

WolfeBros
02-13-2003, 07:45 AM
Gotta respect a MAD man with a plan. ;)

BODYMAN
02-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Mad, I did the same thing. The wife keeps saying when I get a new car you can do as you please. Well she was in love with the new landrover Discoverys. we had one traded in were I worked and I purchased it for next to nothing. she was so happy! Then I waited about a week and asked her if she had any problems with me taking my vehicle to Kb she just said no that doesnt bother me. But had I asked her that while she was looking for a new veh she wold have told me to go p*** up a rope! So I beleive you got the right idea. Good luck.

Todd

LincMercLover
02-13-2003, 11:51 AM
Just tell her you're getting a special chip for the new computer. You don't have to tell her WHICH computer it's going in, do ya? :D

MAD-3R
02-13-2003, 11:57 AM
Hmmm...

Wouldn't work.

She uses my computer as well as drive my car. SHe would tell right away... She's the smart one.

LincMercLover
02-13-2003, 12:16 PM
You actually LET her drive?

Gave the keys to my GF ONCE, then that was it... "Yah... you've had enoph sweetheart. Back to your Neon ya go!" :D

MAD-3R
02-13-2003, 12:35 PM
Oh my friend, you much to learn... :)
The three most important phrases you will learn about dealing with your wife.
1. Yes dear.
2 Of course dear.
3 I'm sorry dear.
:D

If I ever pulled that with her, I would be in some serious hot water. There is a BIG differance from GF to WIFE. :coolman:

She has octain in her blood, and is looking for her "ride." A PT Cruiser is nice, but very common in this area. Only car I see more of is Stangs... :rolleyes: She has settled on a '71 or '72 Buick Riviera, the Boattails. But she doesn't want to get it until we have a garage. Thats over a year out... I'm tempted to get it for her anyway, as a surprise. It is easer to get forgiveness then permision.

vaderv
02-13-2003, 12:42 PM
MAds got hiom a point there linc. My wife drives way better than 99 percent of the rest. No joke shes a real 2%r.

Smokie
02-13-2003, 01:30 PM
MAD You obviously are a happily married man just like me, your 1,2,3's are right on target. By the way my wife can out drive any guy I know.:banana2: :beer:

BISHOPSS95
02-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Ah..... number 4 = Just charge it dear

:help:

martyo
02-13-2003, 04:40 PM
Number 5 = What's her's is her's and what's mine is her's......

prchrman
02-13-2003, 04:44 PM
#6 - Yes I was listening (always when game or race is on)

LincMercLover
02-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Oh, I'm not saying she can't drive, she CAN! That's what scared me... She always is none too happy when I won't let her drive (it's a guy thing I guess...).

grzellmer
02-13-2003, 05:00 PM
LML, you are young and not experienced in the ways of married life. Thusly you are not ready to grasp the pebble, oh grasshopper.

Mad-3R has it right

GF's wear nightys, wives wear sleep sacks with feet in them.

GF's are "interested", wives make you, as Star Trek's Worf would say "Stand outside her door and beg like a human."

:rolleyes:

FordNut
02-13-2003, 06:58 PM
Most important: "You're right & I'm wrong". Just don't let her hear the "as usual" afterward or you're in deep doodoo.

seabreeze
02-13-2003, 08:11 PM
MAD 3R

That's right on...and why my co pilot is known as "the better 3/4ths!"

CRUZTAKER
02-13-2003, 08:38 PM
SeaBreeze

2003 MM (Stock + 250 lb Beach in Trunk - it's Winter in the Motor City!)
-----------------------------------------------------

You guys and throwing crap in your trunk...if it's not a case a beer or the damn stroller, it doesn't belong there. You don't need it. The air ride is so expensive to repair. We weighed down a town car for several seasons and ended up having to replace the air ride. Not cheap.
Get better tires.....

Sorry, off topic. I really dislike stuff in the trunk if it doesn't play a role in combustion.

SergntMac
02-14-2003, 05:34 AM
When I was married, the two words most often exchanged were "fine" and "whatever." Of course, I'm divorced now, and that is "fine" with me. Now, when I argue with the GF, I hear "whatever" again, so, whatever...

MAD-3R
02-14-2003, 06:35 AM
Well, last night after we got home from dinner and some shopping, she told me that the back of the Marauder is "missing... something."

So she told me to order the Bob White decals. reflective Ruby Red. Now, to work on the permition for the performance upgrade...

She does "get it" and I am so happy. :D

jgc61sr2002
02-14-2003, 05:39 PM
Mad Coooool. :) :) John

CRUZTAKER
02-14-2003, 08:25 PM
Thank god I bought that LS two xmas ago.....I got alot of IOU's coming.
Besides, I just didn't tell her I ordered today.

Although we are looking at dining room sets tomorrow, and I'm going.
Blah, I told her when I can see the old dining room table, we can get a new one.

She cleaned it today....

Bigdogjim
02-14-2003, 09:55 PM
Well what the hell! My wife says I don't listen to her or something like that? (a real big dog t-shirt) It was so funny because I married a girl who does not like to drive/ride in anything? The real funny part was I was a motor coach driver when we first got married?
By the way you don't say "I Do" you really say "I done" :lol: :lol:
living life large, loving every minute!

Big Dog :rock:

MAD-3R
03-03-2003, 06:03 PM
Well, Update time.

Her computer is on order, and she will be calling Dennis soon to order my parts. My plan worked!! :lol:

And she wants to get the Zaino for the car(s)!!

I think I'll keep her.

CRUZTAKER
03-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Good deal Mad, now to get a clay bar in her hand........and you'll be "in there"

Where's the beer :beer: