PDA

View Full Version : Got out for a drive today

jdando
02-05-2005, 04:33 PM
With weather in the 50's and sun I had to go out for a drive. :D

This probably does not make sense to the other 98% of mm.net, but 50 in February in Minnesota does not happen too often!

The day ended with a nice warm bath (for the car) and then into heated storage for two-three months.

Anyway it got my brain thinking....

Where do all the locals get their cars serviced? Are there dealers to avoid? I am on the west side of Minneapolis. Would it be better to go to a SVT authorized Ford dealer?

Is it too early to think about autocrossing, BIR or other events? I think it would be a lot of fun to put a few laps in at BIR. Which other car clubs (corvette, bmw, mustang, ???) have track days up there.

jeremy

FiveO
02-05-2005, 06:31 PM
2-3 months?

Mines coming out in 3 weeks for a trip to Michigan on a trailer...then March 15th...she'll be back on the road :)

Apple Valley Ford is a good SVT dealership. Talked with the SVT mechanic there once...seems like a nice kid, pretty knowledgable too.

GarageMahal
02-06-2005, 08:38 PM
I just got back from a road trip to the north shore in the MM, my MM is my all year car and I love it in the winter but feel bad about what winter does to it.

Anyway, I know the local SS club does a BIR event, I was going to go last year but is was the monday after Marauderville and couldn't swing it. Here is a link to a thread about it: BIR (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11512)

jta

bigslim
02-06-2005, 08:50 PM
In the 40's here today but still too much water on the road from the melting snow. I did start it yesterday and sat in it and thought about the time we will be spending together, just me and her and me and ...... Oh, let me wake up and stop day dreaming. :o

LimoMerc
02-08-2005, 06:52 PM
I bought my car from Prestige L/M and that was the last thing I'll ever buy there, where to start:rolleyes: Car has swirl marks under the clear coat and when I took it in I was talked to like I was a twelve year old girl:bs:
Then I wanted my subwoofer replaced and because I had attached a fire extingusher to the plastic shiel guarding the amp they said "no way":bs:
I had another driver lease my car and when I told him I might be changing jobs (for those of you who don't know my car is a limousine) he went and bought a 2004 Towncar from them. I told him to mention me if he went there and when I went in to get my reference money they said he never said anything:bs: I reminded them that I had this guy with me on my test drive in my MM and he even drove it that day to make sure it was ok with him because he would be leasing it in the mornings. I said the only reason he bought that car from you was because when I moved in accross the street from him he did not have a job and he started to drive my car.
No check no thank you:bs:
Can you tell I don't like them yet:mad2:
I will not mention how long it takes to get an oil change there, well ok I will. Way to f^cking long

I now go to the L/M dealer in Bloominton and it's like a whole different experience. I have never been too Apple Valley Ford but I have heard good things from others aside from FiveO.

I took forward to this summer so we can all hang out again, take care.

jdando
02-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Well I guess that puts the kabosh on Prestige LM. Luther LM is near me, so I suppose I can give them a try for service. I might visit Morries Ford, not sure if they are a SVT dealer or just SVT Focus dealer.

I guess I do not need to worry about it for a month or so..

jeremy

bigslim
02-13-2005, 05:59 PM
With weather in the 50's and sun I had to go out for a drive. :D

This probably does not make sense to the other 98% of mm.net, but 50 in February in Minnesota does not happen too often!

The day ended with a nice warm bath (for the car) and then into heated storage for two-three months.

Anyway it got my brain thinking....

Where do all the locals get their cars serviced? Are there dealers to avoid? I am on the west side of Minneapolis. Would it be better to go to a SVT authorized Ford dealer?

Is it too early to think about autocrossing, BIR or other events? I think it would be a lot of fun to put a few laps in at BIR. Which other car clubs (corvette, bmw, mustang, ???) have track days up there.

jeremy
Had mine out yesterday in the sunshine. It sure felt good to drive it.