PDA

View Full Version : The Essence of Marauder

prchrman
02-13-2003, 01:38 PM
After being on this site for a little while I have been trying to get in my mind and into words what our big beast is all about. This may not be everyones thoughts on this but I believe alot of us fit into this category. It's not really the time it takes to get to 60mph or 1/4 mile, even though we are cognizant of that time. It's not about busting a ricer, frontie or anything with wheels even if it thrills our heart to do so. It's not about chirping tires or the smell of burning rubber even though most of us could easily be convicted of these incidents. It is about having a car that makes you want to drive for 12 hours instead of flying and arriving fresh as a daisy because it is like sitting in your living room. It's about getting 5 suitcases in the trunk and the whole family in the front, knowing you have put your family in a big safe ride and you still be looking good. It's about leather, climate control, buckets, floor shifter, booming stereo, tach, gauges and electric everything. It's all about what us stubborn old cantankerous guys remember as Grand Touring. Having a ride that is fast, comfortable, intimidating, roomy, trimmed but modest, sporty but functional and for a fairly reasonalble price. I'm heading out on a 10 hour drive for Florida this coming week, we were going to fly but looking forward to hopping in the bad boy with my babe for the last 26 years and going in style, I will be GRAND TOURING!

Macon Marauder
02-13-2003, 01:44 PM
Well said!
Or should I say: Amen!

MAD-3R
02-13-2003, 01:46 PM
Well said.

This may be the first car that allowed an honest and true Cross Manufacturing organization, between the SS guys and us.

Hmmmm...

Let me check my notes...

Mark McQuaide
02-13-2003, 01:59 PM
All of the above, plus: Turning off the stereo and playing sweet music with your right foot. Smooth thrust, blasting past slower traffic without breaking a sweat. A nice kick in the back hitting second.
:D :D :D

WolfeBros
02-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Well said Willie. Drive safe and enjoy ! :up:
Our Marauder's are in deed Turnpike Cruisers. !

martyo
02-13-2003, 03:31 PM
Put another 200 miles on her today. I can only say "Smoooooooth."

God, I love this car!

Too bad I can't fit the big dogs in the back!!!

RF Overlord
02-13-2003, 03:51 PM
Willie, if YOU had been the advertising writer for L/M, they would have sold all 18,000 of them already...! :bows:

Billatpro
02-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Yes, "GRAND TOURING" that's the perfect fit.

Fourth Horseman
02-13-2003, 05:04 PM
And a nice platform for expansion into the realm of real muscle car territory if you so choose. All around a great car, well said Willie Anglin!

LincMercLover
02-13-2003, 05:13 PM
What'd Sarge sneak on to your name Willie? :D

"I love you man!" :up:

bugsys03
02-13-2003, 05:49 PM
i get out of my MM with a smile on my face every time

gonzo50
02-13-2003, 05:55 PM
You have put it all in a total package, (perspective). Very nicely said. :D
It is a very versatile car. :rock:

TAF
02-13-2003, 07:10 PM
Willie,

Thanks for in one paragraph summarizing what all of us know, but were having trouble expressing in a succinct way. I don't really fit the "profile" which was posted several months ago. (those of you not familiar with it go to www.rushlincolnmercury.com site to see it)

But, I DO fit your comments to a "T".

seabreeze
02-13-2003, 08:08 PM
Amen, Rev. Willie!

You nailed all my reasons for choosing the Marauder over a half dozen other vehicles last fall. Thanks for the great summation.

Beadhead
02-13-2003, 08:32 PM
WA, couldn't have said it better myself.

SergntMac
02-14-2003, 05:40 AM
Took the words right out of my mouth! Thanks, Willie.