PDA

View Full Version : Hey CAM Cammers

Paul T. Casey
02-06-2005, 07:48 AM
http://www.pathogenproductions.com/streetshootout/
Found this on another site. As of 01-29, they didn't have any V-8 pre registers. Figured I'd share this info.

merc
02-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Found this on another site. As of 01-29, they didn't have any V-8 pre registers. Figured I'd share this info.

added that site to my bookmarks

MarauderMark
02-06-2005, 09:37 AM
I don't know if i'll have my car back by then to register it .But i'll definantly be there , work permitting..I'm gonna email em..

Haggis
02-06-2005, 10:04 AM

Thanks Paul, we will have to check it out. :up:

DEFYANT
02-06-2005, 10:29 AM
.....call it the April meet???

I know the guys from the North East may be interested.

A CAM / NE MMs meet. We'd rule the place!

Dark_Knight7096
02-06-2005, 04:34 PM
That looks like it could be "do"able i'll have to check everything else and make sure that everything is cool but i'm definatly thinking of going.

MarauderMark
02-06-2005, 05:27 PM
That looks like it could be "do"able i'll have to check everything else and make sure that everything is cool but i'm definatly thinking of going.

Ahh cool the more the merrier...

Krytin
02-06-2005, 06:34 PM
I think this is gonna shape up for a nice big meet!

DEFYANT
02-06-2005, 07:51 PM
In case anyone is up north is considering this.... I make the trip from MD to LINY every 4 - 6 weeks. I can make the trip in 3.5 to 4 hrs (though, I think some of you can do it in 3 hrs easy!). That is a half hr past cecil to suffolk co. NY. Its not a bad cruise. This trip is part of the reason why I wanted a good riding car like the MM.

Krytin
02-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Yep - I was counting on 3.5 hrs. (maybe a little faster)!
Now - if I can just get the work schedule to cooperate - that is once I get a new work schedule!
Looks like we got to get there Friday night. At least Harry is interested so far!

valkyrie
02-08-2005, 06:49 AM
Yep - I was counting on 3.5 hrs. (maybe a little faster)!
Now - if I can just get the work schedule to cooperate - that is once I get a new work schedule!
Looks like we got to get there Friday night. At least Harry is interested so far!

Has anyone signed up yet?

MarauderMark
02-08-2005, 07:12 AM
Has anyone signed up yet?

Here's what i got in the email--

if you can get 5+ folks from your group together, I'll add a Marauder class of sorts. :)

Hope to see some of you guys there! :D

Jenn

So it looks like they may have a MM class..

I'm gonna wait to sign up as i don't know if my car will be back in time.I also gave her the link to this thread as she may want to keep an eye on it...Cecil county raceway has never seen any more than 2 Marauders there.Lets give them a heart attack.:lol:

Haggis
02-08-2005, 07:55 AM
...I'm gonna wait to sign up as i don't know if my car will be back in time...Cecil county raceway has never seen any more than 2 Marauders there.Lets give them a heart attack.:lol:

I am planning on being there, hopefully I will have the Black Bomber tweeked by then. Mark with luck you will have your car back by then and maybe even Joe will have his ready. How about the rest of the CAM members and Northeast crew, what you all say. Lets tear up some F-bodies (sorry Honey, :help: ), Vettes and the other so called competion. :up:

valkyrie
02-08-2005, 08:06 AM
I am planning on being there, hopefully I will have the Black Bomber tweeked by then. Mark with luck you will have your car back by then and maybe even Joe will have his ready. How about the rest of the CAM members and Northeast crew, what you all say. Lets tear up some F-bodies (sorry Honey, :help: ), Vettes and the other so called competion. :up:

I need some more N/A MM's to go. I don't want to be the only slow car there.

DEFYANT
02-08-2005, 08:36 AM
I am off from work!!!:banana:

Count me in!!! I will register today. :D

Mark, do we mention CAM, MM.net or any secret code word?

Haggis
02-08-2005, 09:08 AM
I need some more N/A MM's to go. I don't want to be the only slow car there.

Don't worry about being slow, I'm sure Mike (Mike Poore) and Charlie (Bluerauder) will be there. :rofl:

(Sorry fellows I couldn't resist) :P :neener: :hide: :corner: :wflag:

merc
02-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Don't worry about being slow, I'm sure Mike (Mike Poore) and Charlie (Bluerauder) will be there. :rofl:

(Sorry fellows I couldn't resist) :P :neener: :hide: :corner: :wflag:

Now that was a punch below the fan belt. :fishslap:

Dark_Knight7096
02-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Well, if i'm going I talked a few people into coming with me, they aren't Marauders but they are V8 powered RWD cars. My friend should be done building his Monte Carlo by then and i'm trying to get my sister to bring her '05 GT down, this could be fun.

Originally Posted by valkyrie
I need some more N/A MM's to go. I don't want to be the only slow car there

Don't worry, I'm N/A and i'll probly be there.

Haggis
02-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Now that was a punch below the fan belt. :fishslap:

What, you didn't find that funny? :rofl:

merc
02-08-2005, 10:44 AM

I found some humor in the joke. I was just recalling Mike's expression as he was going for the Gold in 2nd gear. I would love to see Charlie and Mike battle it out one more time. I would like to pony up some money for a trophy for the winner and make it a annual competition in prue stock. Now we have to come up with a name for trophy. :banana:

Dark_Knight7096
02-08-2005, 10:49 AM
I was trying to register to post on the American Shootout message boards but for some odd reason my login information isn't any good, and i know it is cause I JUST registered. A lot of people talkin smack about where all the V8 powered cars are and how we're all just "skeerd" or "skered" as some of the members so intellegently put it. I'd love to show up there with a fleet of Marauders, no not a fleet, dare i say, AN ARMADA of Marauders, that could be rather intimidating especially seeing as how some of the SRT-4s would not be able to keep up with a few of the Marauders on this site anyway. I'd love to see a specific class for the Marauder, but the only problem with that is, we'd all be beatin on ourselves. I'll see if a Marauder class develops and if it does i'll enter in that one, if not i think i'll be entering the "OPEN 14 second" class.

Haggis
02-08-2005, 10:51 AM

I found some humor in the joke. I was just recalling Mike's expression as he was going for the Gold in 2nd gear. I would love to see Charlie and Mike battle it out one more time. I would like to pony up some money for a trophy for the winner and make it a annual competition in prue stock. Now we have to come up with a name for trophy.

Yea poor Mike, I never give him any respect. :rolleyes: :help:

Haggis
02-08-2005, 10:54 AM
I was trying to register to post on the American Shootout message boards but for some odd reason my login information isn't any good, and i know it is cause I JUST registered. A lot of people talkin smack about where all the V8 powered cars are and how we're all just "skeerd" or "skered" as some of the members so intellegently put it. I'd love to show up there with a fleet of Marauders, no not a fleet, dare i say, AN ARMADA of Marauders, that could be rather intimidating especially seeing as how some of the SRT-4s would not be able to keep up with a few of the Marauders on this site anyway. I'd love to see a specific class for the Marauder, but the only problem with that is, we'd all be beatin on ourselves. I'll see if a Marauder class develops and if it does i'll enter in that one, if not i think i'll be entering the "OPEN 14 second" class.

I agree we don't need to be racing each other (United we stand divided we fall). We need to gang up on them like we did at Mason/Dixon back in October. :woohoo:

Dark_Knight7096
02-08-2005, 10:59 AM
I agree we don't need to be racing each other (United we stand divided we fall). We need to gang up on them like we did at Mason/Dixon back in October. :woohoo:

couldn't have said that better myself, why prove we are good at kicking the crap outta each other when we could have a lot more fun if we just beat the snot outta the competition!! :uzi: :hotrice: :duel: :bop:

Dark_Knight7096
02-08-2005, 11:23 AM
SEXYNEON

<!--
var avline = avatar_line("http://www.pathogenproductions.com/ubb/Avatars/new_all_coholic.gif");
if(avline) {
document.writeln(avline + "<br />")
} // end if
// -->
NEON GOD!
Member # 6

posted
document.write(timestamp(new Date(2005,0,31,23,28,0), dfrm, tfrm, 0, 0, 0, 0));January 31, 2005 11:28 PM *** ** ** * * * ** **

5) 3.8 F-body Naturally Aspirated
6) 3.8 F-body Power Adder
17) Open class - 11
18) Open class - 12
19) Open class - 13

Hmmmmmm choices choices.......

And....what about a class for V6 owners who want to pick on V8 owners all day long?

--------------------
It is DEAD SEXY
It is a NEON!
So, do you REALLY have a v6 neon that runs 10's or is it a standard issue high 15's car?

Hmmm, I think this guy will be high on quite a few peoples hit lists. This is why we need to get a big backing, 8s get a double whammy because not only are the ricers coming after us now, but our lesser cylinder powered bretheren are rejecting us as well. We gotta fight back!!!

merc
02-08-2005, 12:56 PM
After taking a closer look at the Web forum and the site I personally think this is a lame event. I would not spend anytime registering with a bunch of kids. If you guys want to race contact the SS Impala forums. I am sure they would love to hang out with a group of Marauders from the Northeast.

Count me out of this BullS**t

Now bring on the Flame :flamer:

These punks are not on the calender for April 9, 2005. It's a test and tune day. Check it out.

http://www.cecilcountydragway.com/

Maryland international 2005 schedule
http://www.mirdrag.com/schedule/weekly.htm

If you like to race then come to a real compition that is scheduled on the books at Mason Dixion (Northen Virginia Mustang Club Shootout 2005)

http://www.masondixondragway.com/

Dark_Knight7096
02-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Ummm actually, yeah. I sorta just noticed that myself, on the site it is listed as "a glorified test and tune day", i thought that meant there was no real structure, not that there was no event so far as the track knows and it was just a bunch of people planning on going on the same day. I did some reading up too and it seems like they aren't really promoting the event, just having some members go to different outlets/message boards, and try and provoke members of those boards, etc. to want to join the rest. I'd be down if this was a sanctioned track day or something but i don't know about something of this scale on a day that isn't strictly devoted to it.

MarauderMark
02-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Ummm actually, yeah. I sorta just noticed that myself, on the site it is listed as "a glorified test and tune day", i thought that meant there was no real structure, not that there was no event so far as the track knows and it was just a bunch of people planning on going on the same day. I did some reading up too and it seems like they aren't really promoting the event, just having some members go to different outlets/message boards, and try and provoke members of those boards, etc. to want to join the rest. I'd be down if this was a sanctioned track day or something but i don't know about something of this scale on a day that isn't strictly devoted to it.

Read some of the messages on the board.Not the kind of atmosphere i would want to subject my Marauder bretherns. especailly when we have a more respectable club ..we had a great time at mason dixson those guys were our age and enjoyed our comapny as much as we enjoyed being there.Great bunch of guys!!It ashame we can't have a day were we can ALL meet in the middle somewhere at a track .i guess thats what i was kind thinking ..Sorry fellas.. :(

Dark_Knight7096
02-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Yea, i guess we all thought that this was something it wasn't. It's nothing more than a bunch of punk kids who got tired of crusing their local streets at midnight looking for someone to lose to. Anyone who is proud of being the loudest "***** talker" has problems. If anything that is what you do not want to be. It's really a shame because had the track actually organized it, or if it were promoted properly and the "proper crowd" were coming, then i definatly would have gone. Now I think i'm just gonna forget about it. I feel bad for all my friends who were lookin forward to cruisin down there. Oh well, i'd rather be a little dissapointed then spend 3 hours driving down there just to spend a day with the likes of those posting on their message boards.

MarauderMark
02-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Yea, i guess we all thought that this was something it wasn't. It's nothing more than a bunch of punk kids who got tired of crusing their local streets at midnight looking for someone to lose to. Anyone who is proud of being the loudest "***** talker" has problems. If anything that is what you do not want to be. It's really a shame because had the track actually organized it, or if it were promoted properly and the "proper crowd" were coming, then i definatly would have gone. Now I think i'm just gonna forget about it. I feel bad for all my friends who were lookin forward to cruisin down there. Oh well, i'd rather be a little dissapointed then spend 3 hours driving down there just to spend a day with the likes of those posting on their message boards.

i will propbely be there anyways since i am only around the corner and since i have nothing to do when i am not working i LOVE to hang out at the track..But hey youngster why don't you come to a cam meet? at least that'll be fun heh allways is for me..

Dark_Knight7096
02-08-2005, 05:58 PM
i will propbely be there anyways since i am only around the corner and since i have nothing to do when i am not working i LOVE to hang out at the track..But hey youngster why don't you come to a cam meet? at least that'll be fun heh allways is for me..
I'd love to come to a CAM meet sometime, just take it easy with the "youngster" stuff, i don't want people to think i come from that age group. 90% of all the people I meet who belong in my group just embarass me and make me wish i weren't part of it anyway.

DEFYANT
02-09-2005, 12:40 AM
All that ***** talkn would make victory sweeter. I'll be going since I have off. Either way, I think this is a good central location for a future CAM / N-E meet.

MarauderMark
02-09-2005, 05:25 AM
All that ***** talkn would make victory sweeter. I'll be going since I have off. Either way, I think this is a good central location for a future CAM / N-E meet.

Yea that would make a great day one day..i asked a friend that works there they want like 4k to reserve the track for a saturday.If i had it i would.just have to wait till i hit the lotto.. :banana: