PDA

View Full Version : lscc/autorama/meeting

RVT04
02-07-2005, 08:07 AM
is it going to be the same type setup as last year?
just show up at the back door and help out wherever needed?

2003 MIB
02-07-2005, 09:41 AM
is it going to be the same type setup as last year?
just show up at the back door and help out wherever needed?
Yes!!! That is exactly the plan. Bring a microcloth or two and we'll all chip in a little elbow grease to make them pretty. I'll be there about 3:30pm. Maury just called to avoid any confusion:

DO NOT GO TO JOHN EAGLE THIS THURSDAY- WE WON'T BE THERE.:)

cruzer
02-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Be at Autorama, Dallas Market Hall, 2100 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas , 75207---I'm planning to arrive about 4 PM--we finished up about 8:30 PM last year--great chance to see the show FREE and help out fellow members at the same time--stop by if you can--we set up the LSCC display area, position the cars and prep them for the show--good friends and fun--hope to see you there, Maury

Johnman
02-08-2005, 06:16 PM
There is supposed to be good weather Thurs :D . I'll get it washed after work and be there about 4:00. Then we can work on all the waterdoplet spots, etc. I didn't know there would be so much help! Thanks in advance.

2003 MIB
02-09-2005, 04:56 AM
There is supposed to be good weather Thurs :D . I'll get it washed after work and be there about 4:00. Then we can work on all the waterdoplet spots, etc. I didn't know there would be so much help! Thanks in advance.
We wouldn't leave you hanging, Jawbreaker...This is a big show and although it's your car (and your entry fees) you're representing all of us who love these boats. There will be many people in attendance who've never seen a Marauder (especially a blue one). I think you and Gary are going to attract a lot of good attention for the group. A little elbow grease with a Microcloth seems like a small price to pay. I guess in short- you're welcome and don't sweat it.:D

Johnman
02-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Don't know that I can stay til 8:30, but my car should not take long to prep. Say, does anyone out there have a "driveway diaper" mat that I can use? It's required! :help:

rumble
02-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Don't know that I can stay til 8:30, but my car should not take long to prep. Say, does anyone out there have a "driveway diaper" mat that I can use? It's required! :help:

I have some Hog Wilds (oil spill diapers) and will bring extras for you. They are about one and one half foot square. How much of the ground do we need to cover?

Johnman
02-10-2005, 09:37 AM
I have some Hog Wilds (oil spill diapers) and will bring extras for you. They are about one and one half foot square. How much of the ground do we need to cover?
We should just need a few under the engine I would think. Thanks, Rumble.

Redster
02-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Polished John's MM for a while, then worked on the prostreet Cougar. First time I polished a car other than my own and I learned a few things. I gotta find some micro-cloths and some detail juice and definately work on my engine compartment. Next time we need to line up some food.

Johnman
02-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Polished John's MM for a while, then worked on the prostreet Cougar. First time I polished a car other than my own and I learned a few things. I gotta find some micro-cloths and some detail juice and definately work on my engine compartment. Next time we need to line up some food.
Thanks for helping, Rodster-and thanks to everybody who helped with Gary's car and mine, as well as the Cougars. Especially Dan, who ferried me all the way back to Carrollton-not exactly on his route home, to say the least. Dittos on the food!

2003 MIB
02-11-2005, 06:55 AM
Especially Dan, who ferried me all the way back to Carrollton-not exactly on his route home, to say the least.
Pish-posh!- Much thanks to you for offering up "Ol'Blue" for the show. When Buckwheat had his engine failure- we were in a pickle. Gary's underhood chrome is first rate and I don't think we could have had a N/A black Marauder parked next to it that would have gotten a second glance. It would have looked like a live version of a before and after picture. Adding a SB or DTR could have pulled off pleasing display but I think a 1/328 Blue was a better choice if we were limited to two cars. My dream display would of course have been one in each factory color, Maury's rollin' billboard and the custom-painted S/C car. Maybe next year...:rolleyes:
I had a couple hours after Gary & Luke left and before the rest of the cars showed up-the model generated a lot of traffic with all the normal questions. These are hard-core car show guys and it was amazing how many had never heard of the Marauder. In the grand scheme of things, I was a little depressed over the production demise. I used to feel like we were all in on some great secret about these cars now it only seems to underwrite Ford's myopic choice to end the program. A little marketing could have made all the difference.

rumble
02-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Let me add my thanks to everyone also. Sorry I had to leave before
the group showed up.

Obviously Dan was the inspiration for this whole gig. Had he not of
"spark plugged" the idea I would never have even thought of entering
my car. Also had he not have met me at the door I would probably
still be wandering around like a blind dog at a meat market wondering
where to go.

Thanks again.

Vortex
02-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Went today and it was a pretty good show. Have to say our MMs were well represented, great job guys. I thought it interesting the Impala SS club brought I think 5 or 6 cars but it seemed to me many of em were that ugly mold green color. Yuck. Anyway, if somebody knows the guy with the orange Cougar, please let him know at one of the booths at that antique mall near Love Field there is an orange diecast Cougar just like his for sale.

2003 MIB
02-14-2005, 04:54 AM
Went today and it was a pretty good show. Have to say our MMs were well represented, great job guys. I thought it interesting the Impala SS club brought I think 5 or 6 cars but it seemed to me many of em were that ugly mold green color. Yuck. Anyway, if somebody knows the guy with the orange Cougar, please let him know at one of the booths at that antique mall near Love Field there is an orange diecast Cougar just like his for sale.
That's Ray's car and he loves stuff like that. I'll pass the word.

2003 MIB
02-14-2005, 04:58 AM
Let me add my thanks to everyone also. Sorry I had to leave before
the group showed up.

Obviously Dan was the inspiration for this whole gig. Had he not of
"spark plugged" the idea I would never have even thought of entering
my car. Also had he not have met me at the door I would probably
still be wandering around like a blind dog at a meat market wondering
where to go.

Thanks again.
You're welcome!- Maury and I were standing near your engine bayThursday night and a guy took a picture of your chrome. The reflection was so bright I actually heard Maury utter a :censor: word. The guy had to use a diffuser for the next shot to catch anything but white glare....Hmm, I guess it could have been the reflection from my bald head:o ...