PDA

View Full Version : Dog PEEEEE!!!!

torinodan
02-09-2005, 12:45 PM
I have a small problem, when I take my dog out he uses the bathroom all over my A/C unit. Well, getting him to stop using it is no issue. What happened is all of his pee has eaten away at the fins and also cloged them up with some kind of calcium stuff. I cant get it cleaned out. Used CLR and a few other things. How do you all think I can remove what he has done without destroying the A/C unit any further? Thanks

dwasson
02-09-2005, 01:06 PM
That is why I put a little fence around mine. The salesman mentioned it as a specific issue.

RoyLPita
02-09-2005, 01:21 PM
You could also plant some shrubbery, too.

King Fubar
02-09-2005, 02:00 PM
If you can get in with an A/C guy they use an weak acid based coil cleaner for condensing units and air handler coils. I'm not sure if the average joe can get it (don't see why not) but if you can give it a try.

Mike Poore
02-09-2005, 02:33 PM
I have a small problem, when I take my dog out he uses the bathroom all over my A/C unit. Well, getting him to stop using it is no issue. What happened is all of his pee has eaten away at the fins and also cloged them up with some kind of calcium stuff. I cant get it cleaned out. Used CLR and a few other things. How do you all think I can remove what he has done without destroying the A/C unit any further? Thanks

Lime Away the stuff you need. It's a bathroom descaling solution. Click on this site, but there's thousands of pages about the stuff. Good luck.:)

http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/~jsmith/MSDS/--%20LIMEAWAY--%20TOILET-%20SCALE%20REMOVING.html

Go Mifuni
02-09-2005, 03:16 PM
You could also plant some shrubbery, too.
Nee!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

hitchhiker
02-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Nee!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

Are we now playing "Spot the Looney"

:D

Donny Carlson
02-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Sounds like a story Marty was telling us about over dinner one evening about an similar incident at the Fisher trailer.

King Fubar
02-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Sounds like a story Marty was telling us about over dinner one evening about an similar incident at the Fisher trailer.

What did Marty pee on the A/C ??? :lol: :laugh: :lol:

martyo
02-09-2005, 09:07 PM
What did Marty pee on the A/C ???

Why peee of course.

ckadiddle
02-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Thank the Lord our dog is scared of the condenser.

Mike Poore
02-11-2005, 07:31 AM
Nee!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :PYeh, but it's just Ne! , you'v added an extra e. Wot, you want a ......shrubbery?

It's just me and you Mifuni! No one else understands this one. (oops, add Marty).Way to go, it popped into my noggin, right away, also. That's really funny stuff.:)

Donny Carlson
02-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Yeh, but it's just Ne! , you'v added an extra e. Wot, you want a ......shrubbery?

It's just me and you Mifuni! No one else understands this one. (oops, add Marty).Way to go, it popped into my noggin, right away, also. That's really funny stuff.:)
Bah! The Knights Who Say Nee!

Besides, they are now the Knights Who Say Ekky Ekky Ekky Pootang Zoom!

Now go away before I taunt you a second time, son of a food-trough wiper.

Patrick
02-11-2005, 08:26 AM
You forgot that you must use a Herring!!!!

B.C. Bake
02-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Simple Green lime and scale remover will get it,, let it dry... and little spray paint. and then a electrict fence around the condensing unit should do the trick:) ......

djmcnary
02-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Bah! The Knights Who Say Nee!

Besides, they are now the Knights Who Say Ekky Ekky Ekky Pootang Zoom!

Now go away before I taunt you a second time, son of a food-trough wiper.
Not too tall, not too short....

torinodan
02-12-2005, 04:50 AM
thanks everyone for the ideas.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 221401" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>B.C. Bake</TD><TD class=alt2>Simple Green lime and scale remover will get it,, let it dry... and little spray paint. and then a electrict fence around the condensing unit should do the trick:) ......</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

what do you think the electric fence will do to marty?:rolleyes:

Donny Carlson
02-12-2005, 06:11 PM
thanks everyone for the ideas.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 221401" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>B.C. Bake</TD><TD class=alt2>Simple Green lime and scale remover will get it,, let it dry... and little spray paint. and then a electrict fence around the condensing unit should do the trick:) ......
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

what do you think the electric fence will do to marty?:rolleyes:
He might like it.:bandit:

Mike Poore
02-13-2005, 04:57 PM
You forgot that you must use a Herring!!!!
Ok, so we add Donnie & Patrick to the list.

<DD>"We want... a shrubbery! <DD>[dramatic chord]" ...It'll be our little inside joke.;) </DD>

MENINBLK
02-13-2005, 06:27 PM

Have you tried WHITE VINEGAR ?
Vinegar is naturally acidic, and can usually disslove scale and lime buildup,
if that's what you are seeing.
It is also very inexpensive, and it is water soluable.
So after you let the vinegar sit for 15 minutes or so,
you can rinse it off with water.