PDA

View Full Version : Gas.....

Black Badger
02-15-2003, 03:10 PM
Subject: GAS

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don’t import their oil from the Saudis. Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from.

Major companies that import Middle Eastern oil (for the period 9/1/00 – 8/31/01).

Shell……….205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco…….144,332,000 barrels
Exxon/Mobil………130,082,000 barrels
Marathon…..117,740,000 barrels
Amoco…….62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $ 18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo 0 barrels
Sunoco 0 barrels
Conoco 0 barrels
Sinclair 0 barrels
BP/Phillips 0 barrels
Hess 0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and can be easily do***ented. Refineries located in the U.S. are required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing. They report on a monthly basis.

KEEP this list in your car; share it with friends. STOP paying for terrorism………..
But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers.

PS. The wife received this at work yesterday. Just figured I’d pass it along.

SergntMac
02-15-2003, 03:38 PM
Wow...Am I pleased to see my favored CITGO on the right list. I have two CITGO stations kitty-corner from each other at the end of my block, and I'ts fun to watch the factory supported dealer "war" with the 7-11 ice cream dealer a penny at a time. This past week, it went down five cents per, an hour at a time...LOL

Thanks Black Badger, appreciate the hip...

JAL
02-15-2003, 04:48 PM
Oh Jesus, please delete this thread. I have seen it one too many times.

Speaking from the horses' mouth, do not believe that information. It is not true. I work in the petroleum industry, I think I should know.

How many more times are people going to be gulliable...

Just to clarify some things here look at the list...

Amoco buys but BP doesn't? They're the SAME company for crying out loud.

Jeff

merc406
02-15-2003, 05:34 PM
The only one I know for sure that doesn't come from over their is Sunoco.

martyo
02-15-2003, 05:37 PM
Merc: I hope you are right about Sunoco. They are around the corner and have 94 Octane which is on special (6 cents off one wednesday). That's where my car eats!

merc406
02-15-2003, 05:44 PM
Mine too stan

Effster
02-16-2003, 02:47 PM
try some amoco 93,,you will feel a difference

JAL
02-16-2003, 04:52 PM
It's interesting you mention that Amoco Ultimate. It's clear if you ever see it. It's not run in with other gases. It's kept in it's own tank.

Jeff

Effster
02-16-2003, 04:56 PM
Its the best hightest around,,always has been

martyo
02-16-2003, 04:57 PM
I am told by my friends in the bidness that the 94 Ultra is the way to go?

Comments??

Effster
02-16-2003, 05:06 PM
any mid performance street motor if have ever built always ran best on amoco.sunoco seemed to ping in the warmer weather.try 20 bux of each stan,,you be the judge

martyo
02-16-2003, 06:59 PM
So, Eff, you are saying to move down to the 93 Octane? By the way, sorry we could not hook up the other day, I was running behind....So close and yet so far. We will hook up soon.

JAL
02-16-2003, 09:40 PM
ALL gas is virtually the same. The majority of petro products run through numerous pipelines through the U.S. Namely the Texas Pipeline. If let's says Amoco puts in 50 barrels of gas in the line in Texas, that doesn't mean it's the same 50 barrels in say Delaware.

When the gas is being loaded into my truck at a terminal, I choose what product I am getting on a screen, much like an ATM card. At one lane within the terminal I can get 10 or more different "brands" of gas.

"Branding" or even "un-branding" is done with an injection system that injects the additives to "brand" each companies gas.

More importantly, it's not always the brand of gas you're buying. Because a lot of stations are franchises. You might be filling up at a Gulf station, doesn't mean it's Gulf gas though. It could be Catamount, which is a generic form of Gulf gas. As is Esso to Exxon, or Tosco to Mobil and so on.

Me personally, I only fill up with and at Mobil branded stations. Meaning they are actual Mobil company stations with mobil gas.

And one more thing to the original post, Conoco/Phillips now owns Tosco/Mobil, so how are they not buying from the middle east?

And you guys in Pa and DE with me, BigDog, Mark, stay AWAY from WaWa gas if you can. It's the cheapest gas available. Next time you're in a WaWa gas store, find one of those gas pamphlets at the counter, what a load of...

Jeff

merc406
02-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Jal, I gotta respect anyone who does what you do for a living and for us car guys, hauling fuel, thanks to you guys our way of life goes on. Thanks for the info, is very interesting.

JAL
02-17-2003, 03:43 AM
Thank you merc!!!

I enjoy it a lot. The pay is good and I'm more or less my own boss.

Jeff

jgc61sr2002
02-17-2003, 07:09 AM
JAL Thanks for the info. I always thought that all gasoline was the same with companies adding their own dyes ( such as blue for sunoco) I thought Mobil and Exon were the same company,Is that a fact? Thanks John :)

JAL
02-17-2003, 07:13 AM
I believe it was like 2 years ago or less that that became Exxon/Mobil. It's funny too because I always wondered why I had to have an Exxon card for their terminals and a Mobil card for their terminals if they were the same company. Finally someone got smart and decided, hey let's use one card...

FordNut
02-17-2003, 01:51 PM
I still contend that Amoco 93 is the best gas available in my area (except maybe Turbo Blue, and we don't have Sunoco 94). I ran a 351W with 10.7:1 c/r and it would knock with anything less than 93 octane. With other brands of 93 octane (BP, etc.) it would ping. With Amoco 93 octane it was smooth and quiet. Also, it has long been known around here that you can burn Amoco 93, which is clear (we call it white gas) in Coleman lanterns and stoves with no problems, while other brands will damage the lanterns.

Added comment: The previous testing was done before BP stations started selling Amoco gas.

gja
02-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Well, my spoiled brat only gets Sunoco 94, or Amoco 93 with a blend of CAM2 100 octane. They also have 110 octane but that is just WICKED expensive.

RF Overlord
02-17-2003, 02:02 PM
I think I gotta side with JAL on this one...I've tried all the different ones available in my area, and my car doesn't seem to care, so I just fill up at whatever station's having "Nickel Monday" or "Super Tuesday", etc....although I do try to stick to the "branded" gasolines...

Billatpro
02-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Yes I've seen this in chain email as well, Who knows? As for me I don't check octane numbers at the pump, they all are most likly lieing anyway. I just buy Prem. and add my Outlaw octane booster (Dale Jr indorsed) I have not had a problem yet and I don't have to hunt for a brand or an Octane.

Effster
02-17-2003, 02:21 PM
see fordnut knows where im comin from.the amoco "white gas" 93 is by far the best running fuel out there

SergntMac
02-17-2003, 09:31 PM
I've been burning CITGO 93 since day one, and I've been pleased. But, y'all have made enough arguments here, to get me to consider trying a dance or two with other ladies. Will let ya know my thoughts.

I see a lot of new BP stations around here, is this the former Amoco?

What about Shell? Them's still popular round here too.

FordNut
02-17-2003, 10:08 PM
Most of the new BP stations around here say on the pump that they are now selling Amoco gas. And BP gas used to have a tint to it but it's now clear like the Amoco.

Oh, and yes the BP/Amoco merger has mostly brought about Amoco closures and lots of new BP stations, new logo, etc.

JAL
02-18-2003, 12:48 AM
Here's some more info for you all...from another forum that had that stupid thing at the top. But here are some cold hard facts.

______________________________ ______________________________
Moreover, the idea that oil companies sell gasoline only through their branded service stations -- and therefore if you don't buy gasoline from Shell-branded gas stations you're not sending money to Shell (or, by extension, the Middle East) -- is wrong. Oil companies sell their output through a variety of outlets other than their branded stations; as well, by the time crude oil gets from the ground into our gasoline tanks, there's no telling exactly where it came from. (A good deal of the crude oil purchased from Russia, for example, is oil from Iraqi fields sold through Russian middlemen.)
As the St. Louis Post-Dispatch noted:

Economics Prof. Pat Welch of St. Louis University says any boycott of "bad guy" gasoline in favor of "good guy" brands would have some unintended (and unhappy) results.
Although foreign relations wax and wane, Welch says, the law of supply and demand is set in stone. "To meet the sudden demand," he says, "the good guys would have to buy gasoline wholesale from the bad guys, who are suddenly stuck with unwanted gasoline."

So motorists would end up buying Arab oil anyway -- and paying more for it, because they'd be buying it at fewer stations.

And yes, oil companies do buy and sell from one another. Mike Right of AAA Missouri says, "If a company has a station that can be served more economically by a competitor's refinery, they'll do it."

Right adds, "In some cases, gasoline retailers have no refinery at all. Some convenience-store chains sell a lot of gasoline -- and buy it all from somebody else's refinery."

St. Louis University's Welch says, "The e-mail presupposes that you know who the supplier is, and that's not always the case."

CRUZTAKER
02-18-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
I see a lot of new BP stations around here, is this the former Amoco?

I remember when I was still doing payphones, having to change the advertising panels on the Amoco phones to BP logos.
BP aquired Amoco (Lyden Oil) sometime in 1998 or 1999, and although damn near all have had a facelift, there is still one in my neighborhood labeled Amoco. I know for sure the old Amoco stations still accept the BP card in place of the Amoco card. I have no idea if their fuels have integrated or if the two entities joined hands but kept their prospective product line.....

JAL
02-18-2003, 04:36 AM
Same gas, different numbers for me to load it at a terminal. Generic in other words.

Jeff

ta3mo3
01-01-2008, 02:40 PM
see my friends i'm Saudi & i want to say to you that all your fingers are not the same

& if Saudi Arabia stop sending the gas to you , you may pay X2 for the price you pay right now

Note: i'm filling my MM for only 10$ lol

FordNut
01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Wow, is this some kind of a record for reviving old, dead threads? Just shy of 5 yr old!

Shora
01-01-2008, 03:38 PM
see my friends i'm Saudi & i want to say to you that all your fingers are not the same

& if Saudi Arabia stop sending the gas to you , you may pay X2 for the price you pay right now

And if the USA stopped offering your Country protection from your neighbors etc., you wouldn't even be able to pump gas into you Marauder at ANY price.

Your Country is not stupid enough to ever stop sending us their filthy oil.

sailsmen
01-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Our Energy Policy is buy oil from the Saudi Royals and protect them so the Saudi Royals can give money to bribe the terrorists to leave the Saudi Royals alone.

How many Wahhabi Mosque out side of Saudi Arabia have the Royals paid for?

From PBS Frontline;
"For more than two centuries, Wahhabism has been Saudi Arabia's dominant faith. It is an austere form of Islam that insists on a literal interpretation of the Koran. Strict Wahhabis believe that all those who don't practice their form of Islam are heathens and enemies. Critics say that Wahhabism's rigidity has led it to misinterpret and distort Islam, pointing to extremists such as Osama bin Laden and the Taliban. Wahhabism's explosive growth began in the 1970s when Saudi charities started funding Wahhabi schools (madrassas) and mosques from Islamabad to Culver City, California. Here are excerpts from FRONTLINE's interviews with Mai Yamani, an anthropologist who studies Saudi society; Vali Nasr, an authority on Islamic fundamentalism; Maher Hathout, spokesperson for the Islamic Center of Southern California; and Ahmed Ali, a Shi'a Muslim from Saudi Arabia. (Also see the Links and Readings section of this site for more analyses of Wahhabism and Saudi Arabia.)"

RoNiN77
01-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Common guys...we're all MM owners here and I'm sure that none of us support the negative actions of EITHER country....lets not lower ourselves to insulting one another. :beer:

RoNiN77
01-01-2008, 03:58 PM
P.S. Out in AZ, we can't get more than 91 Octane....lame.

sailsmen
01-01-2008, 04:14 PM
I agree. Digging up a 5 year old post and laughing at us because he pays 50 cents a gallon while we pay $3.30 is very insulting.

This has nothing to do with what the USA or SA did. It has to do w/ his posts.

When Saddam invaded Kuwait who did you call?

ta3mo3
01-01-2008, 09:19 PM
we can't get more than 91 Octane....lame
i got 95 Octane for my MM

When Saddam invaded Kuwait who did you call?
Kuwait did caal US not Saudi Arabia

but

we're all MM owners here and I'm sure that none of us support the negative actions of EITHER country

Shora
01-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Kuwait did caal US not Saudi Arabia

You're joking right?

Saudi Arabia would not be without protection from the USA. Trust me, they call for help.

Aren Jay
01-01-2008, 11:01 PM
That is both right and wrong. Yes yes you should buy Alberta Oil.

But then I know some of the Saudi Royal Family so I'm torn.

I buy Esso, which is Exxon, because they give me a discount.

magindat
01-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Regardless of political differences, we are all brothers. Brothers in the Human race and brothers in MM ownership.

RedMerc04
01-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the Info...

KillJoy
01-04-2008, 01:43 PM
WOW.

This Thread needs locked, and Saudi IP's need Blocked.

:up:

KillJoy

duhtroll
01-04-2008, 09:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8MOU_-anw8

GreekGod
01-05-2008, 08:16 AM
...A well known book exposed how the USA traded with NAZI Germany during WWII...

re:
http://www.amazon.com/Trading-Enemy-Nazi-American-Money-1933-1949/dp/0595431666/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199545144&sr=1-1 (http://www.amazon.com/Trading-Enemy-Nazi-American-Money-1933-1949/dp/0595431666/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199545144&sr=1-1)

If you investigate, I believe you will find the USA traded with Iraq during the 1st Gulf war. I just heard last night it was resently revealed we were still sending F16 parts to Iran. We also continued trading with Iran during the US Embassy hostage crisis.

Saudi Arabia is a complicated society & situation. The Saudi royal family must balance cutting off the heads of their own terrorists with appeasing the Imams, less the Imams incite the masses to revolt & cut off the heads of the Royals. We have many friends in Saudi Arabia and we have enemies there also.

There are really no simple solutions to diplomacy, and generalizations & stereotypes are the efforts of simple minds attempting to explain complicated issues. Read Trading With the Enemy, and you will get angry & disgusted to learn about how Henry Ford/FoMoCo., and many other American companies helped the Nazi's kill Americans & their Allies.

p.s. It's all about the money

Aren Jay
01-05-2008, 11:34 AM
If you want to see trading between enemys look up the trades made between the British and the French.

Leadfoot281
01-06-2008, 10:15 PM

Yeah, well I'm a Minnesotan and I'm going to eat a pork chop sandwich...with extra bacon.

Cordoba1
01-08-2008, 11:03 AM
WOW.

This Thread needs locked, and Saudi IP's need Blocked.

:up:

KillJoy

No, no -- Please don't do this! Communication is a good thing!

The Saudis are a very important ally these days!

PS: I have accidentally pulled up one of these old threads before. It happens when you click on "related posts" at the bottom. Sometimes they are from a long time ago - and if you don't look at the last post's date, you may have unintentionally brought an old post back to life. I suspect this happens often.