PDA

View Full Version : JLT Heat shield coming soon!! Pics

Tucker
02-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Sorry it took so long, but I think I got a good design for the heat shield.
This is just a proto type, I have them on order. I hope to have them in 2 weeks or less.
I haven't got the exact price from my plastic guy yet, but I think about $20 will be the price for MM members.
Let me know what you think.
It fits tightly around the MAF adaptor and is sandwiched betwen it and the filter. You can rotate it to block any side you like. Most Marauders will have it as in these pics. Once the filter is tight it doesn't move and fits good on the car.
I'll post up when they are ready, give me a heads up on who wants one.
Thanks
Jay

Directedby
02-14-2005, 02:54 PM
This is just a proto type, I have them on order. I hope to have them in 2 weeks or less.
I haven't got the exact price from my plastic guy yet, but I think about $20 will be the price for MM members.
It fits tightly around the MAF adaptor and is sandwiched betwen it and the filter. You can rotate it to block any side you like. Most Marauders will have it as in these pics. Once the filter is tight it doesn't move and fits good on the car.
Thanks
Jay

Is it free floating or does it bolt down to the engine bay?

Tucker
02-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Is it free floating or does it bolt down to the engine bay?It's mounted to the JLT intake itself.

poorjoe
02-14-2005, 06:06 PM
It's mounted to the JLT intake itself.
Sign me up Jay, i'll take one.

Joe.

Pat
02-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Jay,

I have your kit installed and love it. The heat shield looks functional and if the price is as expected I'll get one.

A quesion, have you had a chance to see if the temp on the engine side of the filter dropped any with the shield installed, or is the design just to block radiant heat rather than ambient temp?

Tucker
02-14-2005, 08:13 PM
It's designed to block heat at low speed and idle. At speed there isn't much heat to worry about.

Jay

fastblackmerc
02-14-2005, 09:12 PM
It's designed to block heat at low speed and idle. At speed there isn't much heat to worry about.

Jay
I'd be interested in one.

BruteForce
02-14-2005, 10:02 PM
What's the finish/surface like? It looks pebbled in the pics. Be cool to get gloss black like the tube.

Tucker
02-15-2005, 04:11 AM
What's the finish/surface like? It looks pebbled in the pics. Be cool to get gloss black like the tube.It's textured black plastic. I would recomend painting it, I don't think it will hold paint well.
It has about a semi gloss shine to it.

favjr
02-15-2005, 05:00 PM
I would like one too.

Frank

Thanks
Jay

Glenn
02-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Tucker:

I would like a kit that includes the heat shield, pre-filter and the sock. I will buy it tomorrow. Please email me on the price.

Glenn

Tucker
02-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Tucker:

I would like a kit that includes the heat shield, pre-filter and the sock. I will buy it tomorrow. Please email me on the price.

GlennOnly problem is
I won't have the heat shields for about a week
I don't offer pre-filters and what's a sock?
Let me know
Jay

BruteForce
02-16-2005, 07:24 PM
what's a sock?

Lean over here and I'll tell ya... :fishslap:

Seneca
02-17-2005, 07:44 PM
I'll take one too jay! and thanks so much for my decals!!.. I'll get them on this spring!:beer:

GodOSpeed
02-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Email me when these are available. I'm in need of a kit as well. This is what I was waiting for.

maraudernkc
02-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Jay, That heat sheild looks great. will it fit a 90MM MAF?

Thanks, Greg

Thanks
Jay

tmac1337
02-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Jay, That heat sheild looks great. will it fit a 90MM MAF?

Good question.....Ditto?

Tucker
02-18-2005, 04:51 PM
It will fit 80 & 90 mm

Still looking at a couple weeks.
I'll let you all know.
Jay