PDA

View Full Version : stealth look completed

Billatpro
02-15-2003, 03:21 PM
OK, so heres what I've been up to for first real mod. My fab guy is working on ways to make this happen for me, what do you boy's think? It's my kinda look. I don't remember who's car this is but it's pick one of you guy's sent me. I re worked it with PS7, I'm a lttle ham fisted at this but it's the best I could do at this point of my learning curve on the software.

SergntMac
02-15-2003, 03:43 PM
I like it a lot, your pic has been living in my head in one form or another since the first time I looked at my Girl's butt. I'm not spoiler guy myself, and I like the extra blackout detailing. But, I'd have to keep my Bob White ruby reds too, and I think that will look even better. Thanks Uncle Bill!

Billatpro
02-15-2003, 04:09 PM
Get this, a guy that wears a skirt calls me Uncle? Well anyway Aunt Mac I'm starting on the front next!

nomad
02-15-2003, 07:52 PM
I LIKE it!:D Now, if somebody could find some nice black wheels, or powdercoat ours,hmm:cool:

Bigdogjim
02-15-2003, 11:28 PM
I like any picture of a Marauder not sitting in the SNOW :lol:
Looks real good Bill, nice work.
Big Dog :rock:

RCSignals
02-16-2003, 12:55 AM
Very interesting look. I don't know that I'd black out the whole top of the taillights though

SergntMac
02-16-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by nomad
I LIKE it!:D Now, if somebody could find some nice black wheels, or powdercoat ours,hmm:cool:

Some decent black chrome spokes here, Nomad, and in 18" too;

http://www.kennybrown.com/cobra_wheels_and_Pirelli_tires .htm

Logan
02-16-2003, 08:42 AM
I like it. My advice on the tail lights would be to use a product called "Nite Shades" on them. It's spray on tinter. I've used in on a number of cars to darken up the tails a shade or two. Just be careful not to go too dark or the fuzz will be up all over you. :)

Nite shades is typically available at your finer auto parts stores near you.

nomad
02-16-2003, 09:58 AM
Thanks,Sarge! One more item for the wish list.:) Now, if Uncle Sam treats me right, I could have a BLACK Marauder this spring! Still think it should have come with these type wheels.

bugsys03
02-16-2003, 06:09 PM
black wheels? no way!!!!!!!!!

nomad
02-16-2003, 06:19 PM
Bugsys, yep black wheels!:D
Sorry, the chrome wheels just don't do it for me:alone:
I just think they look out of place on this car. Dare I say it looks cheap?
Sorry, flame if you must,but I am looking to get mine powdercoated or replaced. But hey I won't be getting a vynal top! [No spellchecker]
:flamer:

Directedby
02-16-2003, 06:31 PM
Looks good.

This 'blackout scheme' is idential to the Marauder 'concept' car from 2002.

Reaper948
02-17-2003, 12:01 AM
STEALTH LOOK LOOKS SO HOT WITH THE SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billatpro
02-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Well, damn and here I thought I was doing something original! I have never seen this concept car before!, now I wonder why it did not come this way?

gonzo50
02-17-2003, 10:18 AM
Man, those blackened out tail lights sure bring out the best in the Marauder, (Stealth Look). :beatnik:
I'm for those Black Chrome Rims if they came in our design, more like charcoal grey to bring out the black in the Marauder. :rock:

jefferson-mo
02-17-2003, 01:43 PM
That last pic looks like the S55 from the SEMA show...........there's a pic in the photo gallery of the wheel.................I was originally thinking of the powdercoat black wheels but maybe the Grey with the polished lip.............:banana2:

gja
02-17-2003, 01:57 PM
I like that look, very solid and no rough edges to it. All I wanna know is the part #'s.....

CRUZTAKER
02-17-2003, 02:53 PM
I found the "Night Shades" product Logan was speaking of. $9 for one can (aerosol). I assume it would look much better if I could actually open up the lense assy. , mask it , and spray it from the inside. Problem is, many of these lense assy's are hermedically sealed with no way to open. Haven't looked at it yet, but man, it would look sweet.

UncleLar
02-17-2003, 04:26 PM
Before you go to Black Chrome check with the chrome shop about the durability.
Some time back I wanted some on a Harley I was building and wanted some more pizzaz without looking gaudy, every chrome shop I talked to told me I wouldn't be happy with it because of durability issues, I don't know if that's been solved.
IMO I'd like the pictured concept cars wheels with the lips polished bright.

Patrick
02-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Hey Bill, Thats cool!! More ideas on making a great car even better. Dont like the black rim thing. But aleast NO VYNAL TOP!!!! A small favor, I was thinking about puttin on black out covers on mine. Just a thought so be nice all if dont like them!!I dont have the software to due it. If you could post pics what the front end would like?? I LUV THE STEALTH IDEA!!!! Making allready badd ass car even BETTER!!!!!!!! Thanks Patrick.

MAD-3R
02-19-2003, 07:12 AM
Hmmm,
What about Gun Blue? Or does that only work on Steel?

Petrograde
07-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by UncleLar
Before you go to Black Chrome check with the chrome shop about the durability.
Some time back I wanted some on a Harley I was building and wanted some more pizzaz without looking gaudy, every chrome shop I talked to told me I wouldn't be happy with it because of durability issues, I don't know if that's been solved.
IMO I'd like the pictured concept cars wheels with the lips polished bright.

Damn! I was seriously thinking about getting my wheels "black chromed" I think it would look sweet!

Maybe if it was followed up by adding a clear coat of some kind?

UncleLar
07-27-2003, 01:14 PM
It was a long time ago when I wanted the Black Chrome,but I was told it would peel or flake off easily. You might take a look at powder-coating,maybe on an already polished surface like your wheels it'd give you the look you want and stilll hold up in the long run.

Reaper948
07-27-2003, 01:16 PM
Im trying to find some kind of paint to go over the chrome plastic emblems that are on the trunk and grill....anybody have any suggestions?

MERCMAN
07-27-2003, 01:20 PM
black chrome? is that like jumbo shrimp? or military intelligence?

UncleLar
07-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Worse,like quality assurance.

Petrograde
07-27-2003, 09:37 PM
Hey Billatpro,.. I noticed that you also did away with the Merc emblem on the trunk. Was it glued on?... if not how did you cover the screw holes?

gonzo50
07-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Petrograde
Hey Billatpro,.. I noticed that you also did away with the Merc emblem on the trunk. Was it glued on?... if not how did you cover the screw holes?
The magic of PS7, (PhotoShop7) software.

Petrograde
07-27-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by gonzo50
The magic of PS7, (PhotoShop7) software.

really? bummer :depress:

martyo
07-28-2003, 03:51 AM
Petro: The rear emblem (badge) is held on with two small pins which protrude from the emblem itself and the use of 3M tape. Removal is easy, but you will be left with two 1/8" holes in the deck lid. If you want to know more about pulling the, just let me know. The sooner you pull it, the better as that tape tends to get very hard after baking in the heat and sun.

TAF
07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
Petro,

Here are both a blue and a black that have TRUELY completed the "Stealth-look" with no PS7...from the photo gallery

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php?photo=125&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=2

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php?photo=124&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=2

Petrograde
07-28-2003, 09:06 AM
Martyo and TAF,..... thanks guys. hmmm something to think about. I technically am able to do the sheetmetal work, but I think I'll leave it to a professional.

Thanks again! :up:

Petrograde
07-28-2003, 08:08 PM
whoo-hoo! I ordered the Nite Shades tint from Summit, and Bob White Decals ( reflective red ) I cant wait til they get here!