PDA

View Full Version : Any Interest in a Birmingham or Central/North Alabama outing?

Donny Carlson
02-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Much as I love the Atlanta Breakfast outing, there are times I can't make it due to work. I was wondering if owners in the central/north Alabama area would be interested in organizing something on a monthly basis, perhaps lunch on Sunday or something later in the day on Saturday? I can even make a breakfast event on Saturday if it's in the Birmingham area.

Anyone? Huh? Huh?

Paul T. Casey
02-15-2005, 06:58 PM
When I'm around and not working, you can count on me. I'll check with the Marauderers at work tomorrow, one here in Huntsville, one in the Shoals.

Second Wind
02-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Much as I love the Atlanta Breakfast outing, there are times I can't make it due to work. I was wondering if owners in the central/north Alabama area would be interested in organizing something on a monthly basis, perhaps lunch on Sunday or something later in the day on Saturday? I can even make a breakfast event on Saturday if it's in the Birmingham area.

Anyone? Huh? Huh?

I am in Huntsville, and wouldn't mind the drive. :2thumbs:

mcb26
02-16-2005, 06:58 AM
May be able to make one now and then. Would definently be intrested.

mcb26
02-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Anyone know a good place about halfway between Huntsville and Birmingham?

Marauderman
02-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Good Show Donny--Looks like a good beginning to startn your own local---gotta love it--Thats What I did---eventually it will work---and if the Toddester said it would......it did ...so it will.......Tom

BCKNBLK
02-17-2005, 08:15 AM

Anyone? Huh? Huh?

I'm in Huntsville also, would like to join in when I can. I've always wanted to go to ATL breakfast, but it never has fit in. As far north up 65 you can get would be good for us Huntsville owners.

Patrick
02-17-2005, 12:01 PM
At either place would be OK. If its lunch that would be better for us 3rd shift people.

roman
02-17-2005, 01:39 PM
How about somewhere in Gadsden Ala area. That is about mid way for Huntsville & B'ham as well as Chattanooga Tn and NW Georgia:2thumbs:

Paul T. Casey
02-17-2005, 04:10 PM
There is a track in B-ham, and a part time track in Steele (near Gadsen).

Gent4157
02-25-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm in, just let me know when and where.

mcb26
03-02-2005, 12:51 PM
If nobody else is going to say anything, There aren't many places for breakfast without standing in line forever in Huntspatch. And I don't know much about places between here and Birmingham or Gadsten.How about an early lunch March 19th 11:30 at Hooters here.

merc
03-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Alabama Driving Etiquette

1.* Dim your headlights for approaching vehicles, even if the gun is loaded and the deer is in sight.

2.* When approaching a four-way stop, the vehicle with the largest tires always has the right of way.

3.* Never tow another car using pantyhose and duct tape.

4.* When sending your wife down the road with a gas can, it is impolite to ask her to bring back beer.

5.* Never relieve yourself from a moving vehicle, especially when driving.

6.* Do not remove the seats from the car so that all your kids can fit in.

7.* Do not lay rubber while traveling in a funeral procession or at Indy

mcb26
03-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Alabama Driving Etiquette
4.* When sending your wife down the road with a gas can, it is impolite to ask her to bring back beer.

5.* Never relieve yourself from a moving vehicle, especially when driving.

7.* Do not lay rubber while traveling in a funeral procession or at Indy

No 4 and 5 were repealed. No7 was modified to allow scuffing tires due to the low speeds (under 150mph)

Patrick
03-02-2005, 08:12 PM
How about somewhere in Gadsden Ala area. That is about mid way for Huntsville & B'ham as well as Chattanooga Tn and NW Georgia:2thumbs:

Works for me!!!

LCSO34
03-02-2005, 08:20 PM
I'd be interested in driving up from Meridian, MS

Donny Carlson
03-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Awsmvic, who lives in the Birmingham area, has informed me about a rotating cruise in that meets in various places during the summer months. This would be a good meeting point in the future, as most are late in the day on Saturyday, and there's bound to be a suitable location. He told me the Trussville meet is a big draw, so that's a real possibility.

I think we should make our first meet in Gadsden, just need a site. Early lunch on Saturday is difficult for me due to work, so maybe lunch Sunday or a late afternoon meet on Saturday?

I rather like the idea of a meet in conjunction with a trip to the local track, be it Hunsville, Steele, Birmingham.

Also, I'm checking into a dyno day at a local dyno. This shop is in Trussville, so it may work out nicely with either the Trussville or Roebuck cruise night.

Also, remember the Hot Rod Power Tour is stopping in Birmingham in June.

EDIT: Here the link Awsmvic sent me - these are good events for us to show up and represent Marauders!
http://www.magiccitymustangs.com/events/

LCSO34
03-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Donny, I just looked at your garage. I am definitely gonna have to make a trip to B-ham to check out your car and put an ear to your exhaust. BTW do they have a Dreamland in B-ham?

Patrick
03-02-2005, 08:32 PM
That could work. ATL has breakfast and ALA has a Dinner. Or lunch then the race track!!! HUntsville would be my first choice. Birmingham second. I hope this could work.

Donny Carlson
03-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Donny, I just looked at your garage. I am definitely gonna have to make a trip to B-ham to check out your car and put an ear to your exhaust. BTW do they have a Dreamland in B-ham?
Yup!

http://www.dreamlandbbq.com/images/index_r9_c12.jpg

And there's a location in Hunstville, too!

LCSO34
03-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Everytime I come through Tuscaloosa I stop at the original Dreamland and pick up a slab. The BEST ribs. My wife don't like it because there isn't a salad, or a pork on a bun, or anything but ribs and loafbread. But she don't like the Marauder either!!! :D

Patrick
03-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Yup!

http://www.dreamlandbbq.com/images/index_r9_c12.jpg

And there's a location in Hunstville, too!

:high5: :high5: :food: :drool: :drool: Never had those. But look great!!!!

blown & bad
03-05-2005, 08:56 AM

A
nyone? Huh? Huh?Hi Danny,
I live in beautiful 'Six Flags Over Duncanvile' AL. (Just south of Tuscaloosa),and I would like to see some events for MM owners a little closer to home. I would love to see an event in AL. @ a 1/4 mile strip featuring a group of us crazy MM owners,who would like to run our cars. ( 1/8 mile strips are really too short for our stock 3.55 gears.)

WIDE OPEN & SIDEWAYS
BLOWN & BAD

Paul T. Casey
03-12-2005, 08:14 AM
1st Bracket Race of the 2005 Season
and its FREE!!!
Saturday - March 19th, 2005

Sportsman Pro
Winner - $350 Winner - $1000
R/U - $100 R/U - $300
Semi - $50 Semi - $100
8 cars - $25 8 cars - $50

FREE tech card with paid admission
Guaranteed 8 places in each class

Gates open@ 3:00 Time Trials @ 4:30
Race @ 6:30
Admission $15.00
______________________________ _________________________

***Juniors***

$15.00 entry ------150% payback
*Pays up to 4 places with over 10 entries
*Winner and R/U receive trophies!
$10.00 Buy Back
Junior Time Trials begin at 4:00 pm

You can visit us online at
www.AlabamaInternationalDragwa y.com
Got this emai; the other day, I believe I'll be there.

Paul T. Casey
03-12-2005, 08:17 AM
I've heard some not so flattering things about the track, but I've also heard that they have addressed most of everyone's concerns. Hey, $15 for a shot at $350, I'm game.

mcb26
03-14-2005, 07:27 AM
I've heard some not so flattering things about the track, but I've also heard that they have addressed most of everyone's concerns. Hey, $15 for a shot at $350, I'm game.
1/8 or 1/4 mile

Second Wind
03-14-2005, 07:39 AM
1/8 or 1/4 mile
IHRA shows it to be a 1/8 mile track. :alone: