PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Auto Show

chapel1
02-15-2003, 09:54 PM
They had two Marauder's one blue and the other was silver.The blue one had outside gas door the silver had the remote door.The silver had traction control the blue one did'nt.The silver had a smooth waterfall logo on the trunk and the blue one had the orginal waterfall logo.And neither had heated seats that I could tell?The sales rep could'nt answer where the heated seat control would be if so equipped?He seemed amazed that I could see so many differances between the two cars?So what else is new!!The new smooth" Waterfall" logo really looks cheap,can't believe I'd ever be speaking in favor of that lame "logo".{should have been the "god's head "}But guys can you believe that ford would have two colors of the same car at a auto show that don"t match?:confused:

Mark McQuaide
02-16-2003, 07:00 AM
Hey at least they had them there, just a black one at Phili sitting there like it was an afterthought.

jgc61sr2002
02-16-2003, 07:21 AM
Chapel1 - The heated seat switch is located on the door panel above the window switch. John

chapel1
02-16-2003, 09:35 AM
They had two,but not a black one?Just kinda of setting there with not much to do with them at all?The silver is a nice color the blue did'nt do anything for me.I would have liked the blue more if it was a very dark blue.

RCSignals
02-16-2003, 09:58 PM
So far all the Blue ones I've seen have had the "light flint" interior.

That interior is just too "white" for the Marauder IMO

jgc61sr2002
02-17-2003, 07:29 AM
Saw a Black MM with the light flint interior at my local dealer at the end of Jan. In my opinion it was to light, so I took the darker interior. At last check that MM was still in dealers stock. John :)

LincMercLover
02-17-2003, 01:46 PM
Hmm... I think we need PICS of this new emblem, as sickening as it may be.

Long Live #3
02-18-2003, 02:01 PM
Trust me. It's pretty ugly.

chapel1
02-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Called mercury today to tell them how poor I think it is for Mercury to have two Marauder's at the chicago auto show that are suppose to be the same model,but differant colors.And then to see that the rear emblem and the fuel doors and options were differant seemed as though it would be confusseing.I told her the only differance should have been the colors?:po: Also told her it seemed as Mercury inherited something they did'nt want to sell and that the Marauder would probably only last two years?
I did tell her how much I like this car and wished Mercury would get behind this car?That if general motors had it everyone would know about the car.I feel like I'm starting to ramble now so I'll see you later.

jgc61sr2002
02-18-2003, 08:01 PM
Chapel1 - What is different with the rear emblem? John

chapel1
02-18-2003, 09:17 PM
The rear emblem is a copy of the original except that it has a flat surface which looks glossey.Kinda looks like a shiney disc with the waterfall logo inside of it.It sucks way more than the orginal.
As I told the Mercury Rep.on the phone today"you don't make a $34,000 Grand Marquise look like a poor step-child."If I wanted a Ford C/V sport I could have done that"this is a top of the line Grand Marquise!And you don't slap emblems on mid-run of the same model year?That's why the Marauder should have had model specfic emblems for it !!Dah :flamer: :po:

WolfeBros
02-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Why why why is Mercury trying to kill off this car ?????
Nothing they have done with it has made any sense including no marketing. With some exposure this car would sell. Dealer I bought from was almost hiding them on the back lot. My car sat from July thru December before being sold. That is a very long time to let them sit.
:flamer: :po: :censor: :fire: :uzi:

jgc61sr2002
02-19-2003, 05:49 AM
Wolfe - Most dealers on Long Island have the tucked in the back lot, havn't seen one on the showroom floor in months. As I stated before my local Mercury dealer has 5 300A MM's 4 in the back lot and 1 the owner is using for transportation. The newest being built 9/02. John

chapel1
02-19-2003, 05:12 PM
You know that reminds me no mention of the leather jacket or even a display or picture of the leather jacket was avaiable at the show!
How bout "The Marauder's back, black and blue and even silver too".I probably get fired for thinking to much.They invest money on a concept car and when they make it they "forget about it"?What dopes!:confused:

nomad
02-19-2003, 06:15 PM
The ONLY advertising you will see of the MM is on this site, from people who know what a REAL car is![IMHO]
I heard there was some type of an automobile race at Daytona Beach this past weekend. Wonder why L-M couldn't have spent just a few dollars on some ads?
Maybe inserted a MM via computer graphics crossing the finish line in first place with four full size adults talking, drinking soda, a.c. on, cruise control on and some sweet cd playing.
Yep, let me run Ford for 1 week, I'll sell some cars.:D

chapel1
02-19-2003, 07:13 PM
There you go thinking! What did I tell you sit down shutup and bye the way your fired!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Topher
02-20-2003, 04:46 PM
I took some pictures of the different Marauder trunk emblems at the Chicago auto show. I'll try to post them when I get a chance.

SergntMac
02-20-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by chapel1
There you go thinking! What did I tell you sit down shutup and bye the way your fired!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

My Lord!

I love this. Thanks, Gary, thanks very much!

Now, "go tell it to the mountain..."

chapel1
02-20-2003, 07:36 PM
I submitted some auto show pictures in the events photo gallery.2/20/03 just waiting for valiadation.