PDA

View Full Version : Snow!

Mark McQuaide
02-16-2003, 07:07 AM
20" forecast for my area......'Rauder is tucked in the garage, had to send the wife out in the Mountainer for supplies. How bout it BigDog?
;) ;) ;)

Murader03
02-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Mark McQuaide
20" forecast for my area......'Rauder is tucked in the garage, had to send the wife out in the Mountainer for supplies. How bout it BigDog?
;) ;) ;)

Yep! Already been out with the snowblower once this AM. Probabky got another 5-6" on the driveway now. Need to do it again soon. Still expecting a total of 12-14" by Monday morning. Sure hope I don't have to work tonight!

Logan
02-16-2003, 10:37 AM
Snow... hehehhe.. That's funny. :)

jgc61sr2002
02-16-2003, 10:54 AM
Snow already in Wash, D.C. and Delaware, sounds like it's coming this way to Long Island. The forcast for tonight is snow snow and more snow up to 12 inches. Hope it stays in DE and PA. HaHa. MM is also tucked away in the garage. John :(

Bigdogjim
02-16-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Mark McQuaide
;) ;) ;)

Well in my case got to put the F-150 into 4X4 mode and go get cat food. Marader is STILL in the body shop. Just a strach, but I wanted it fix.
Big Dog :lol: :lol:

Bigdogjim
02-16-2003, 10:59 AM
Hey Logan: If I come down your way some day I'll bring you a truck load of the stuff> :lol: :lol:
Big Dog

CRUZTAKER
02-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Three days and no snow....? Now I feel left out.
The car is actually top half clean. The snow-birds will understand that one.
:cool4: AND STILL STEALIN' LOOKS. Ain't it great! :cool4:
Besides the confused kids, I can't believe the old-timers (ie. my father+)
who gaze in bewilderment.

Anyway, no snow, but it's 8 degrees again. I tried to change headlamps today, but quit when I lost feeling in the fingers. The kerosine heater didn't all......Pheww, six more weeks

SHAGGY
02-16-2003, 02:04 PM
As someone that had to live on lake effect snow for 30 yrs, i can say this now that i live in Florida(its 80 here today)
HAHAHAHAHA!!:flamer:
Seriously, everybody drive safe and take care of all those "Rauders, we dont want to see pics of any more accidents by those of this site!

CRUZTAKER
02-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by SHAGGY
............ in Florida(its 80 here today)
HAHAHAHAHA!!:flamer:

Yea. but it's raining in Daytona............:mad:

SHAGGY
02-16-2003, 03:16 PM
Yea Cruz, but its all sun down here in the Lauderdale area. Im originally from about an hour east of you, you seem to have ducked the bullet on this last storm, but sure looks like Columbus got it. How are the Flats? Havent been there in 3 yrs, but still remember all the great times ive had there! Later

CRUZTAKER
02-16-2003, 03:44 PM
I haven't been in the flats since 1994. It was a mess for awhile, people stabbing and pushing each other into the river and drowning. The younger crowd (18-25) is out of control and the flats are as well. I am way beyond the bar scene days.....
Lauderdale is nice, a nice launching area to the caribbean. I have a (winter) mobile home in Bradenton. It's a mellower coast.
Well, you better go find some air conditioning now, and I'll just............
go outside.

JAL
02-16-2003, 04:50 PM
My SS is uder a foot of snow right now.

martyo
02-16-2003, 04:56 PM
My a$$ will be under a foot or two of snow by tomorrow. It's too bad, because I meant to share this snow with my snow lovin' friend RF Overlord!

Bigdogjim
02-16-2003, 05:22 PM
Look at the money we are saving :lol:
truck runs on regular. Only problem is it get about 11 MPG.
If it ain't one its the other.
Big Dog Let it snow............

gja
02-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Snow... hehehhe.. That's funny. :)

OK OK smart guy, we know who you are and we know where you live.
Just wait until that tandem trailer-load of snow gets dumped on your front yard wiseacre!:lol: :lol:

Just kidding, but we ARE going to show up and demand room to wash and dry our beautiful beasts.......

I am going now, and I will be hiding on the couch. If I don't acknowledge the snows existance it will go away, I hope.

nomad
02-16-2003, 05:32 PM
Snow? What snow? Sunny and mild up here [temp made it to 6 above]
Took the beast out today, 43 more miles on her :D
So far 124 inches snow this year:mad:
Oh well, at least I can drive the truck around and still be faster than the plastic tonka toys with fake chrome wheel covers :coolman:
Remember, that fat rodent said only 6 more weeks til spring.:help:

Mark McQuaide
02-17-2003, 05:41 AM
This is what we get to face this morning... and it's not over yet

:help: :help: :help:

martyo
02-17-2003, 05:45 AM
Mark: It snowed Rocking Chairs? Looks like we got about 8" here in lower NY so far and it's still comin'!!

Did anyone get the plow option with their MM?

JAL
02-17-2003, 06:26 AM
23 inches where Mark and I live so far!

jgc61sr2002
02-17-2003, 06:42 AM
Long Island has about 12 inches at this time and there are currently blizzad conditions. MM under house arrest.:(

MassMarauder
02-17-2003, 06:44 AM
18" headed my way today! Zero degree temps then snow, then zero degree temps then more snow.......I can't take it anymore!! :cry: :depress:

BeaSStMaster
02-17-2003, 06:49 AM
We got a glancing blow here ... about 4" where I live, but it had been sleeting on Saturday so there's a coat of ice beneath. I really feel for you folks in the NE. I've never seen that much snow. If you're going out in it, slow down and be safe!

Spring can't be too far off, can it? :coolman:

Murader03
02-17-2003, 07:01 AM
It's mostly over here in New Castle County Delaware. I ended up with 24" on top of the 4" from the previous snow fall. No moving around today. Took 4 trips with the snow blower since yesterday to keep the driveway open. Took 2 hours this morning alone. The MM and I will be going to work tonight if and when the streets within the development are plowed. Otherwise, it'll be another night at home!

JAL
02-17-2003, 07:16 AM
Yeah, I had to call out last night. The big truck can make it loaded, but empty last night would have been fun. Of course I can't get out of my development though. I live right off 52, the township comes out here when they remember.

Jeff

RF Overlord
02-17-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by stanleyk
My a$$ will be under a foot or two of snow by tomorrow. It's too bad, because I meant to share this snow with my snow lovin' friend RF Overlord!

stanleyk: Although the offer to share is very generous, and I am touched, you are cordially invited to shove your snow up your...

:censor:

tailpipe.

martyo
02-17-2003, 08:31 AM
RF: That hurts! I thought we were friends???? ;-} LOL

:cry:

RF Overlord
02-17-2003, 08:47 AM
We are, but since you are so anxious to share with all of your friends, may I suggest that you CRAM your snow...

into a 44' box trailer and get JAL to haul it down south and dump it in toddalanfisher's front yard...oh yeah, and leave some for WolfeBros, and his Alamo-beer-drinkin', lawnmower-racin' buddy Logan, too...

;)

martyo
02-17-2003, 08:50 AM
RF: The snow does make you cranky, doesn't it????

CRUZTAKER
02-17-2003, 08:51 AM
I spoke too soon yesterday......Woke this morning and couldn't find the driveway. Took the day off, gonna read a little, and fart with the car.

I have had K-1 on in the garage since 6:30 am, it's up to 30 in the barn.
Gonna mess with the badges......

WolfeBros
02-17-2003, 09:09 AM
Now now RF........I'll have you know that Logan and I had to contend with heavy frost this morning. :nono:
:lol:
Seriously you boys keep those Marauders tucked away in the garage and stay safe.

DLoreanMARAUDER
02-17-2003, 09:11 AM
its funny ever since I started taking my DeLorean apart, I havent had a car to drive so ive been using my dads Suburban. he didnt like me usin it so much so he went to go Lease a Durango so i can commute to collage but he saw a printout of the marauder in my room and came home with a brand new MM PAID. I am SO happy, this car KICKs, but with all this snow it looks like im going to have to keep using the suburban ANYWAY! Life is strange

CRUZTAKER
02-17-2003, 10:55 AM
A wise man once said:
"By far the most effective means of snow removal is spring"

Anyone got a part number for "spring"...I can't find it.

Murader03
02-17-2003, 01:03 PM
Took the MM out to see if I coul dget to wrok okay. Be fine once I clear the development. Winter tires really work great.

:help:

Mark McQuaide
02-17-2003, 01:40 PM
You're a braver man than I, Bob! I tried plowing the driveway with my 24 HP sears tractor, and it was like running up against a wall. I'll be shoveling for days. :help: :( :help:

RF Overlord
02-17-2003, 01:47 PM
murader:

You're barely even puttin' a dent in that snow...wish I had a camera at work so I could show you that it's up to my truck's bumpers! I've got AWD and I might not even make it home tonight... :help: :alone: :help: :mad: :help:

martyo
02-17-2003, 01:53 PM
RF: I'll be by @2000 sharp to pick you up. Good thing I hung on to my Urban Assault Vehicle. I sent my GF out to shovel the walk about three hours ago. She hasn't come back in yet. After Oprah Winfrey is over I may go look for her, otherwise I may have to cook my own dinner!

JohnnyB
02-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Got about a foot and 1/2 of snow in Westchester. The MM is wrapped up in a Perma Bag and isn't going anywhere until this stuff melts...:(

gja
02-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Hey Stan,
I have shoveled enough of this crap to last me a life time, but if I tried to send the wife out to do it that lifetime would be dropping in length real fast!!!:help: :depress:

martyo
02-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Notice I said GF and not wife. It all changes after you marry 'em. Just ask my first wife!

Baaahhahhahhaha!!

CRUZTAKER
02-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Well, it took all day but, I got the barn up to 42 degrees with the K-1 heater, and my sons electric room heater, and I actually did successfully install my Bob White decals and custom matching quarter panel labels (all in charcoal). Silenced that silencer, and attempted once more to change headlamp bulbs. Failed....

RF Overlord
02-17-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
custom matching quarter panel labels (all in charcoal).

Quarter panel labels?

CRUZTAKER
02-17-2003, 03:08 PM
OH, I am sure to burned on this one. :flamer:

I have an addiction, to graphics. It's getting better though. I take Welbutrin.....sorry, off subject.:rolleyes:

I kept it tame. I used printshop. Word will work. Use the font
"Exotc 350 Bd BT" in Italic, in 105 pt. size. Printshop lets you shade, I went 80% off black. Used 3M metallic charcoal vinyl. Final product is approx. 1 1/8" X 5.5" . It matches Bob Whites so called "black reflective" to a tee. Just not reflective. You almost don't see it until you are right up on the car. Just like the rear decal. I told you.....I've got this problem,
I promised my wife NO MORE STICKERS!:nono:

MM03MOK
02-17-2003, 03:27 PM
Please post a picture of your CRUZTAKER STICKER!
I'm very interested, as I am also addicted to graphics.....

:) :up:

RF Overlord
02-17-2003, 03:41 PM
This better not turn into another "Vinyl Roof" fiasco...

CRUZ, please tell me these quarter panel graphics aren't flames...or a naked lady like on WWII bombers...

Bigdogjim
02-17-2003, 06:00 PM
For all my "buddies" that got hit by the "BLIZZARD OF '03" Only thing left to do is dig out!
CRUZTAKER:Anyone got a part number for "spring"...I can't find it.
:lol: :lol:
that was funny.
All you can do right now is grin and bear it.
ps: any got a dog sled?
Big Dog

CRUZTAKER
02-17-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
Word will work. Use the font
"Exotc 350 Bd BT" in Italic, in 105 pt. size. Use a capital 'M', and lower case 'arauder'

Gentleman, I cannot for the life of me post a jpeg with this reply.:mad:

I've tried, and I am fed up. :help:

Use your word processor, (explaination above quoted), find that font, it's there if your using Win98 or higher. See for yourself.

I 'm sorry :bigcry:

Eventually I'll figure out how to post pictures, cause I have plenty to offer.......

gja
02-17-2003, 06:24 PM
Where is the 'spring' setting on the climate-control panel?
You know, this was a LOT more fun when going to work was not a factor. This 'responsible adult' nonsense gets in the way sometimes.

I think there must be 2 feet of snow on top of the roof of my lovely beast, and at this rate it will take a few days just to dig her out.

JAL
02-17-2003, 06:54 PM
Hey RF,

I know where I can get my hands on a '53 reefer trailer. It would keep that snow nice and cold. Or I can go down to Cochranville grain and borrow a grain hopper, we could unload it real fast that way...

Jeff

Black Badger
02-17-2003, 07:14 PM
Got hit with 22+inches of snow with drifts 36-48” took me over 6 hrs for my driveway and another 2+ hrs for my neighbors. Man I’m hurting need a hot shower to get feeling back.

jgc61sr2002
02-17-2003, 07:32 PM
BlacK Badger - We have about the same amount of snow on Long Island and it is still snowing at this time. Some of my nieghbors thought it was funny when I was tuning up the snow blower this past summer. See who got the last laugh. John

LincMercLover
02-17-2003, 09:44 PM
CRUZ,

E-mail 'em to me. My79TownCoupe@aol.com. I'll get 'em up for ya!

SergntMac
02-17-2003, 09:50 PM
This thread is INFECTED with cabin fever...Read at your own risk!

Black Badger
02-17-2003, 09:50 PM
I here ya John…….Plows just went by about an hour ago now I have 2 feet of snow at the end of drive .I’m done for today …….I’m done. That’s it
It’ll just have to wait till the morning…… crawls off to bed

Bigdogjim
02-18-2003, 09:59 AM
Oh well now that I got our cars out and running I have to got to work and free up 20 of the work trucks/vans so we all can get back to work. Cabin fever Sarge you ain't seen nothing yet!
Big Dog
Quick some body tell me how long till spring??????? :lol: :beer:

Heavy351
02-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Snow is great! I love snow! I love shoveling truckloads of it because my snowblower broke and I never fixed it. I love having 350ft of sloping driveway. I love sitting here at work knowing I have no chance of getting back in after powering out this morning. I love knowing that I am going to have to trudge thru 2 feet of it uphill to the house in the dark tonight.

I love snow..

jgc61sr2002
02-18-2003, 02:53 PM
Heavy - What are you smoking, better through it away. Only Kidding. Cabin fever has me on the computer. John :)

Heavy351
02-18-2003, 03:45 PM
smoking....hmmm heat I could light the gas grill and move it down the driveway x distance every few hours... nah..what if I just spread charcoal bricketts all over the driveway? how would you keep them lit? anyone? Or just maybe just spray lighter fluid on the snow and get out the propane torch....

What is cabin fever anyway? I'm not feeling warm and I don't live in a cabin...

Bigdogjim
02-19-2003, 12:56 PM
Heavy351: Just hang in there a little while longer. Spring is on the way. Just buy a new snow blower. Here in the east it will never go to waste.
Big Dog :lol: :banana: :banana2:

CRUZTAKER
02-19-2003, 03:02 PM
You guys east of me, it time to change the thread name to "WATER!"
It's supposed to warm up for a few days, and from what I understand, the melt is going to be a serious issue. Especially those of you that got the 32-41 amounts. Man, I saw it on tv, and you all got it BAAAAD.

Final tally for here at my place,
(100 yds. from the highest point in Cuyahoga County)
19" sunday nite thru monday afternoon.

jefferson-mo
02-19-2003, 04:06 PM
http://www.catamaranresort.com/cat-index1.html

:rasta:

SergntMac
02-19-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Heavy351
smoking....hmmm heat I could light the gas grill and move it down the driveway x distance every few hours... nah..what if I just spread charcoal bricketts all over the driveway? how would you keep them lit? anyone? Or just maybe just spray lighter fluid on the snow and get out the propane torch....

What is cabin fever anyway? I'm not feeling warm and I don't live in a cabin...

With all the ideas you suggest here, Heavy, you do have the crazy fever from being locked up home too long. However, there is one other explanation for this "syndrome." Watch your local birth rates in about 9 months, you'll see who got what crazy fever, from being locked up at home too long...LOL

JAL
02-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Heavy351,

Where in PA are you? I'm in West Chester.

Jeff