PDA

View Full Version : New Trilogy Ordered

DEFYANT
02-17-2005, 02:47 PM
There will be another Trilogized MM lerking around town soon. :banana: I ordered kit 65(? I believe) today through Amazon Racing. Rick will be doing the install eventually.

I have read almost all the topics on the available S/C's or nitrious kits. Trilogy is the one for me. Thank you to everyone here who has contibuted to the s/c forums. Your experiance has made my decision much easier. I dont plan on being the baddest MM on the block, I just want to hold my own and still be able to haul the family around town.

Thanks again guys (and gals). Photos will followas I get them.:beer:

Now, on to melting tires:
:burnout:

hitchhiker
02-17-2005, 02:57 PM
There will be another Trilogized MM lerking around town soon. :banana: I ordered kit 65(? I believe) today through Amazon Racing. Rick will be doing the install eventually.

I have read almost all the topics on the available S/C's or nitrious kits. Trilogy is the one for me. Thank you to everyone here who has contibuted to the s/c forums. Your experiance has made my decision much easier. I dont plan on being the baddest MM on the block, I just want to hold my own and still be able to haul the family around town.

Tiliogy and Samual Adams...

Always a good decsion!

:beer: :beer:

Regards,

David

MarauderMark
02-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Yeeeeaaaa Boyyyeeeee!!!!
Welcome to the Supercharger club my friend..We are now 3 strong in this state.Cobras ,sti , 300c and most of you ricers watch out theres another a$$ kiker in the neighborhood :up: :banana: :banana: :banana:

MARAUDER S/C #5
02-17-2005, 04:09 PM
I dont plan on being the baddest MM on the block
After the install you will be! Welcome to the Trilogy Club! ;):banana2:
The Trilogy kit is the BEST modification for this car.

fastblackmerc
02-17-2005, 04:30 PM
After the install you will be! Welcome to the Trilogy Club! ;):banana2:
The Trilogy kit is the BEST modification for this car.
Congrats!!!!!!! Hope you enjoy it!!

Tallboy
02-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Congratulations and welcome to Club Trilogy! It's reassuring to see people do their homework and make the right decision! You're gonna love it!!!:burnout:

Haggis
02-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Congrats Charlie, :woohoo: ,so just how mad is Lisa? :mad2:

Your in the doghouse now. :laugh:

FiveO
02-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Did it cost more to go through Amazon that from Trilogy directly?

BTW: Congrats :)

You'll be pleased.

Cobra25
02-17-2005, 05:08 PM

:burnout: Trilogy Kit # 65 is right. I heard Some one just bought kit # 64 last week. Is the price still at $5995.00 ?

Tallboy
02-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Trilogy Kit # 65 is right. I heard Some one just bought kit # 64 last week. Is the price still at $5995.00 ?
Hey, Z, who got #64? Are they on the site?

DEFYANT
02-17-2005, 06:10 PM
The Trilogy kit is the BEST modification for this car.I agree :)

so just how mad is Lisa?
Actually, not bad since the financial hit was minimal, no new Mustangs anytime soon though

Your in the doghouse now. Nothing new there. Matter of fact, convincing her was made easier by bringing her here and showing her the rave reviews from all of you. Thanks again!

Did it cost more to go through Amazon that from Trilogy directly?Same. I figure since Rick will do the install, let them order it and send it to them.

Cobra25
02-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Hey, Z, who got #64? Are they on the site? I'll look around the site a little and see if I can find out.

Joe Walsh
02-17-2005, 10:03 PM

CONGRATS!!!

Wow!!! A LOCAL Trilogy Marauder.....I want a ride, I want a ride!! :banana:
I'll trade you rides....I'll bring the 427 Cobra to a CAM meet this summer...heh, heh, heh :burn:

If you don't mind....? I'd like to watch the install if my schedule permits.
(Rick's shop is @ 45 minutes from my house)
Joe

BillyGman
02-18-2005, 12:15 AM
[QUOTE=Joe Walsh
If you don't mind....? I'd like to watch the install if my schedule permits.
(Rick's shop is @ 45 minutes from my house)
Joe[/QUOTE]
Wait til you guys get a good look at both the Trilogy kit and the Trilogy installation manual!! Words will fail to describe either one of them. BTW, I'm really glad for you Defyant. I want to read your post after you've driven your car for the first time once it's Trilogized. I'll never forget what an experience it was for me to feel the amazing difference in acceleration that my Marauder delivered on the day I completed the S/Cer installation. out of all the other mods I've installed, there's simple been nothing like it. :)

RF Overlord
02-18-2005, 05:57 AM
I dont plan on being the baddest MM on the block, I just want to hold my own and still be able to haul the family around town.

My feelings exactly...I want a tune that makes good power, but the safety of the motor is most important, so I prefer to be a little conservative. From everything I've heard, Lidio's stock tune for the Trilogy is just that...

DEFYANT
02-18-2005, 06:30 AM
I plan on photographing and documenting the experiance as I go. The manuel was very selling. Rick had one in the shop so I got to read it over. The time and detail in the manuel was a contributing factor to the purchase. But the experiance posted here and naturally the expected power gains, were the clincher. Best of all Lisa is on board, thanks to the board!

She can say what she will now, but I have seen her out in the MM driving it like she stole it! Wait till after the install!

Speaking of the install, it will happen at Team Amazon (Racing) in Edgewood. I did not make the decision to have them do the install lightly. I contacted Jerry Barnes while researching with questions. He gave Rick the thumbs up. I knew they were competent, but that was very reasuring.

I dont object to anyone watching, but you may want to call Rick or Linn to check on this.

sailsmen
02-18-2005, 07:22 AM
Exciting, you will have to report your first driving experience so we can particiapte vicariously! :D

BillyGman
02-18-2005, 10:56 AM
My feelings exactly...I want a tune that makes good power, but the safety of the motor is most important, so I prefer to be a little conservative. From everything I've heard, Lidio's stock tune for the Trilogy is just that...Yep, me too. That was my approach also(and still is). I wanted my Marauder to move like it had a big block engine under the hood (ie. to be alot faster than it was), but I wasn't overly concerned about it being the fastest Marauder, or even one of the fastest Marauders in the country. I too was just as much (if not more) concerned with having an engine tune that was on the conservative side, so that there was still a considerable MARGIN OF SAFETY observed.

And after reading Lidio's "Tuning Philosophy" article on his website(the "Alternative Automotive" site), I realized that with the Trilogy kit, I would also receive a chip that DOES have a conservative tune burned into it since it's Lidio who burns all the chips for Trilogy Motorsports specifically for their supercharger kits. The concern with running on the conservative side is also the reason why I've chosen to stay with the standard Trilogy set-up of 9.5 PSI of boost pressure.

And in addition to getting just what I had hoped for, I also ended up with a Marauder that was even faster in the quartermile than I had expected! I knew that my Marauder was a whole lot faster after I completed the Trilogy S/Cer installation, just as soon as I turned the key, drove it around for a few minutes to get the oil circulating, and then hammered the go pedal. Unlike any other modification that I had done to this car, it was so obvious how much faster the car was after the S/Cer was installed just by hitting the gas pedal once. I didn't need to go to the dragstrip, or even race somebody on the street to know that my Marauder was a lot faster than it was before. I remember that I kept on thinking to myself..."Billy, you should've installed this mod in the first place"......

But still I had gone to the dragstrip to confirm exactly how much faster my Marauder was, and I was expecting around a 12.8 second quartermile as long as I could get the car to manage some good traction off the starting line. And I was very pleasantly surprised when I ran a 12.4 second ET on my first pass w/out even getting traction off the line!!! So for the second and third runs of that day, I lowered the rear tire PSI to 22, and doing so enabled the car to hook-up real good off the line, and I then ran a 12.2 second ET for both the second, and third runs!!! So I got even better results than I had anticipated. Ofcourse having the 4.56 gears in the rear accounted for some of that, but I know that most of those results were obtained with the Trilogy S/Cer kit, since I already had the 4.56 gears in the rear for 8 months BEFORE the S/Cer installation, and I had also run at that same track as soon as I had installed those gears.

...uhmm, sorry, I didn't mean to go on and on about this......I just can't help being enthusiastic about this S/Cer kit because of the outstanding results I've obtained with it. Like I had previously mentioned, I always look forward to reading the posts of new Trilogy customers right after they've driven their Marauders for the first time after the installation. It brings back fond memories of my first day with my awakened Marauder. I've heard so many people say..."Do this or that to your car, and it will really wake the car up".....well, as far as I'm concerned, my Marauder was in a deep slumber until the day that I finished the Trilogy Supercharger installation, and I turned the key for the first time, and breathed life into this MONSTER!!!! And at the track, I had everyone flocking around my car who I've never met before in my life simply because they saw my car run those first few low 12 second passes. I had never experienced anything like that before at any dragstrip. I was like some celebrity or something!!! maybe some guys are used to that, but I wasn't. Well, there I go again........let me stop!!!!

TechHeavy
02-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Congratulations on the new smile! :) I haven't stopped grinning since December.

Hope to see you at Marauderville III.

DefyantExWife
02-18-2005, 01:10 PM
:bs:

This :censor: car better be able to cook dinner and clean my house after this mod, $6,000 .... :mad2: and rub my friggin feet too for that matter....

:cool4:

DEFYANT
02-18-2005, 01:23 PM
:hmmm: This car will cook :D

:hmmm: This car will clean up :D

:hmmm: Lemme take care of the feet baby :drool:

:beer:

MarauderMark
02-18-2005, 03:16 PM

This :censor: car better be able to cook dinner and clean my house after this mod, $6,000 .... :mad2: and rub my friggin feet too for that matter....

:lol: Thats what my wife said..

BillyGman
02-18-2005, 03:58 PM

:cool4:LOL........:rofl: :D ...wait til U drive it....:banana2:

Krytin
02-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Charlie - I just have one thing to say to you....

You're a dog! (a lucky dog that is!)

jgc61sr2002
02-18-2005, 04:39 PM

That sounds familiar.

Congrats on the SC.

BUCKWHEAT
02-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Congrats Charlie, :woohoo: ,so just how mad is Lisa? :mad2:

Your in the doghouse now. :laugh:

Haggis is on the right track. And start practicing your story to Lisa for when you blow up the engine. That's the fun part.

Just remember, the computer is always smarter than you, trust the computer and you will avoid the above result.

Enjoy the Trilogy.

John

maraudernkc
02-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Congradulations on your S/C purchase. A blown MM is how they should have made them in the first place.

Haggis
02-18-2005, 09:31 PM

Chris tells me that is what Husbands are for. The rubbing of feet of course as to the cooking and cleaning, I hope you like Rice and Schnitzle. :lol:

DEFYANT
03-15-2005, 10:34 AM
After nearly one month of waiting:drool:, Trilogy kit 67 (not 65 :dunno: ) should be shipped today:D .

Rider90
03-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Congrats! Looks like dinner is on you for the next couple weeks though ;)

BillyGman
03-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Haggis is on the right track. And start practicing your story to Lisa for when you blow up the engine. That's the fun part.

Just remember, the computer is always smarter than you, trust the computer and you will avoid the above result.

Enjoy the Trilogy.

JohnIt's my understanding that you blew up your engine, because you were running a road race course that lasted for hours!!! Isn't that true? If it is, then I think there are many street cars that would NOT survive that prolonged abuse, and would begin to overheat whether they were supercharged or not. I'd never race a street car in an endurance race that lasts for hours! Unless perhaps I was well off enough to have three or four other hi-perf cars in the garage to play with. That's just asking for trouble. I've put my Marauder through 20 drag races at the track, and more than I care to mention on the street, without problem. But to put a car in race mode for hours on end is a whole other story.

And Jerry Barnes blew up his engine because he recently had the boost pressure greatly increased from 9.5 PSI to 14 PSI. The car took constant abuse from extreme test drives by numerous people from this board for well over 40,000 miles while the boost level was at the standard Trilogy kit level of 9.5 PSI. It's only when Jerry brought it up to 14 PSI that the engine bit the dust. Taking an engine with a 10:1 compression ratio, and throwing 13+ LBS of supercharged boost pressure at it, is simply pushing the envelope BIG TIME. And that's all there is to it.