PDA

View Full Version : On Thursday got a ticket

marauderboi
02-18-2005, 11:43 AM
On Thursday my mom and I were coming back from the hospital to get my mri's for my knee. On our way home we got stuck at a red light and a Mercades Benz Compressor was going to try to beat my mom and I off the gate and we were in a right merge lane.we took off and wooped his a** off the line so my mom let off at 60mph and a state trooper was doing radar on the other side of the road so he saw us and turned on his lights and sirens he stopped traffic and accelerated at us like we were trying to get away and he said I got you for doing 62 in a 45 it was my moms first ticket in 15 years. When we got home I said dads probably going to be mad:help:

Bluerauder
02-18-2005, 12:22 PM
On Thursday me and my mom were coming back from the hospital to get my mri's for my knee. On our way home we got caught doing 62 in a 45 and my mom got a ticket in the marauder she was kind of scared but we got a pretty expencive o'well I guess me and my mom wont be gunin it for a while:D
So let that be a lesson for you ... :rolleyes: Also good practice for math !! Update us please when Dad finds out. :rofl:

LordVader
02-18-2005, 12:26 PM
:P How did you make out with the MRI, any reads done it yet? Hope it turns out well. This is from one old dude with two bad knees (both have had operations). Take good care of yourself, and tell Mom to pay attention to those speed limits.

marauderboi
02-18-2005, 12:40 PM
:P How did you make out with the MRI, any reads done it yet? Hope it turns out well. This is from one old dude with two bad knees (both have had operations). Take good care of yourself, and tell Mom to pay attention to those speed limits.My MRI came out and I hyperextended and tore some ligiments. The doctor said my knee cap dislocated and poped back in the doctor said to relax so the ligiments can heal thanks for the concern:D

marauderboi
02-18-2005, 12:43 PM
So let that be a lesson for you ... :rolleyes: Also good practice for math !! Update us please when Dad finds out. :rofl:My dad was sort of mad and my mom was pretty scared I told my mom I would be in my room with the door closed when dad gets home from work:laugh:

Bluerauder
02-18-2005, 01:16 PM
My MRI came out and I hyperextended and tore some ligiments. The doctor said my knee cap dislocated and poped back in the doctor said to relax so the ligiments can heal thanks for the concern:D
Since you are young, you should have a pretty speedy recovery ... but take it easy like the doc says. I hyperextended my right knee/leg when I was 37 ... that took nearly a year before the ligaments were almsot back to normal and that knee didn't want to over-rotate in again. I did that one trying to score 1 more run in a softball game that we lost 11-5 anyway. :(

marauderboi
02-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Since you are young, you should have a pretty speedy recovery ... but take it easy like the doc says. I hyperextended my right knee/leg when I was 37 ... that took nearly a year before the ligaments were almsot back to normal and that knee didn't want to over-rotate in again. I did that one trying to score 1 more run in a softball game that we lost 11-5 anyway. :(Thanks for the advice:)

Marauder386
02-18-2005, 02:24 PM
I would also think about that " BUDDY " of yours no longer being allowed around you...and his parents told about the medical bills...

:cool:

MarauderMark
02-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Getting tickets with these cars is part of owning it .I haven't had tickets in years until i got this car i've owned it for 13 months and gotten 3 speeding tickets.Just have to teach my foot , Not so much lead... :rolleyes:

Merc-O-matic
02-18-2005, 07:18 PM
It would have been something if one of the
NEW FHP "Marauders" would have gotten you.

Be careful out there! :coolman:

djv5150
02-18-2005, 07:44 PM
I found it rather funny,when the wife told me she got stopped and issued a citation by FHP, She did nothing but complain that my driving would get me stopped,until now, she was first. Now I find myself obeying the law that much more just to keep the upper hand.

PS
When your going that fast, not even a pretty face gets you out of the citation.(nice reduction though)

MENINBLK
02-18-2005, 08:28 PM
On Thursday my mom and I were coming back from the hospital to get my mri's for my knee. On our way home we got stuck at a red light and a Mercades Benz Compressor was going to try to beat my mom and I off the gate and we were in a right merge lane.we took off and wooped his a** off the line so my mom let off at 60mph and a state trooper was doing radar on the other side of the road so he saw us and turned on his lights and sirens he stopped traffic and accelerated at us like we were trying to get away and he said I got you for doing 62 in a 45 it was my moms first ticket in 15 years. When we got home I said dads probably going to be mad:help:

Hi Marauderboi,

I hope you can find a way to be able to do all the things you want,
and still be able to keep some of the pressure off your knee.
Get well soon, your Mom is going to need you.

Tell your Mom to go to court and see if she can talk to the Trooper.
She can alwasy tell him that it was an error in judgement,
The Marauder is very new for her to drive,
and she didn't realize that the car was that fast off the line. LOL

The trooper may, if he can, change the charge to something lesser,
where you will still pay a fine, but the lesser charge
may not have any points to go along with it.
You are going to pay something regardless of what you do,
but a day in court, is worth trying to save yourself the points.

If a Defensive Driver Education course if offered in Florida, you Mom can also take the course,
and it may negate some of the points if she gets any,
and it will give her a BIG DISCOUNT on her Automotive Insurance.

The Classes are available here in New York.
They are 6 hour classes, and they cost $50+ depending on where you go.
My wife and I both took the courses, and we save over $200/yr
on our Auto Insurance because of the courses.

David Morton
02-18-2005, 08:59 PM
It would have been something if one of the
NEW FHP "Marauders" would have gotten you.

Be careful out there! :coolman:You mean it wasn't an FHP Marauder that got her? So how did they catch her? Roadblock? Spike sticks? You weren't telling her to stop were you?

Wait, stop, scratch that. Sorry, I just got carried away. You want to be driving it in five years. I get it now. Every time you're with your mom keep your eyes glued to that speedometer. You don't want dad to have to sell the car because she can't use the thing properly. :laugh:

Hey, Lord Vader, you missed the perfect line...

"Obi-mom has taught you well."

"But you are not a Jedi yet."

:laugh:

Bigdogjim
02-18-2005, 09:09 PM
On Thursday my mom and I were coming back from the hospital to get my mri's for my knee. On our way home we got stuck at a red light and a Mercades Benz Compressor was going to try to beat my mom and I off the gate and we were in a right merge lane.we took off and wooped his a** off the line

I well I no help here but! I would have loved to see the face of the Benz driver when he got beat by a car half his price:rofl:

Tell "mom" she did well, we are proud of her, sorry she got a ticket :rolleyes:

Of course you well no you should not be racing on public roads :banned:

Hope the knees get better quick!

marauderboi
02-20-2005, 01:24 PM
I well I no help here but! I would have loved to see the face of the Benz driver when he got beat by a car half his price:rofl:

Tell "mom" she did well, we are proud of her, sorry she got a ticket :rolleyes:

Of course you well no you should not be racing on public roads :banned:

Hope the knees get better quick!The guy in the Benz had the WTF:confused: look on his face my knee is getting alot better now thanks for the concern:D

ckadiddle
02-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi Marauderboi,
If a Defensive Driver Education course if offered in Florida, you Mom can also take the course,
and it may negate some of the points if she gets any,
and it will give her a BIG DISCOUNT on her Automotive Insurance.
We have the same deal here, take the class and get the points off your record. I get a ticket every ten years or so, and always do the class just to be safe. I discovered this last time around that you can take a completely web-based class from the comfort of your chair at home. Just search for riving classes. They mailed me the certificate, I faxed it to the court clerk's office, and byebye points. Didn't have to blow a Saturday on it. I did it over several evenings so as not to overtax my feeble gray matter.